World The Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this show even called Ultimate Spider-man? The only thing "Ultimate" about it is black Nick Fury. Spectacular Spider-man was more "Ultimate" than this.

I agree with this. The animation for TSSM was quite well done. I often think back to the episode where Spidey battles the Sinister Six while in the black suit, there is some great fight choreography there which makes the animation come off looking amazing. I just think a lot of people, not me, had a problem with the character models. TBH, while the USM animation is good I do understand when some people say it looks boring. Personally I don't like the design for Peter (I had that haircut in '97) or Harry.

That's the problem most people have(which they often mix up with animation). Many of the complainers just saw the character designs and assumed the show was just for kids only. Anyone who's actually watched the show know that isn't true. Ultimate Spider-man seems geared more towards kids.

I'd be lying if I said I was fan of SSM's designs, but they allowed for much smoother animation and great fight scenes. I'd say that's a trade-off. It's common knowledge that they only have so much money, and they had to make a decision to either put it into the character designs, or the action sequences, and I'm glad they chose the latter. Wolverine & the X-men is a perfect example of a show that has pretty decent character designs but is seriously lacking in the action animation department.

You know what those guys actually need? Some of this.
:up:
[blackout]And I'm not overreacting over a cartoon, there are different reasons[/blackout]

What the Hell? Is that even real?
It's from an issue of Marvel Adventures, so it's real, but not as real as this
tumblr_l5m9m4DUk11qcdkbeo1_500.jpg

I have never cared about Venom so I didnt care about the changes they made to him in this epiosde

I just liked that Venom looked like the Venom I remember most (From SM:TAS) towards the end, with the teeth and not as Gooey.. However, This show is getting worse and worse.

How many episodes are supposed to be in this horrendous season?

While I'm not going to start praising the hell out of this show, I imagine that it's doing well with it's target audience. And guess what? As long as the target audience likes it, this show will go on. Until at least they decide to cancel it for yet another Spidey show. :funny:

Though the real problem is that the "target audience" is really only hitting the 8 and under crowd and for a show as expensive as this one...its not going to cut it in the ratings.

At least that's my hope. If EMH gets taken off the rating for this show might plummet. I mean everyone I know who has even watched one episode of this show says they just saw it while waiting for Avengers to come on.

I just liked that Venom looked like the Venom I remember most (From SM:TAS) towards the end, with the teeth and not as Gooey.. However, This show is getting worse and worse.

How many episodes are supposed to be in this horrendous season?

26, I believe, with a second season of 26 as well...

Though the real problem is that the "target audience" is really only hitting the 8 and under crowd and for a show as expensive as this one...its not going to cut it in the ratings.

At least that's my hope. If EMH gets taken off the rating for this show might plummet. I mean everyone I know who has even watched one episode of this show says they just saw it while waiting for Avengers to come on.

exactamundo...

Well, we'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind a second season if they got their act together, but I don't see that happening. :\

I didn't watch the show yet? Is it any good? From the synopsis it doesn't seem like they're following the Ultimate Spider-Man comics at all.

Nick Fury is black, and like the thing with Carol Danvers and training Spidey is there
Aunt May is young
MJ is into journalism, but they made her more into it than she is in the comics

I wouldn't say nothing like it at it all, they have some stuff from that title

I don't understand, how is Dark Prophet trolling when he's just giving his opinion?

You're wrong, people are watching it. Ok fine there's been negative reactions to the show, but Quesada is right when he says people love it, me included.

This gif from the latest episode got 8,000 likes on tumblr alone and growing, positive commments included.

spideygif.gif

So while there have been negative reactions, it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

One of the only few jokes that actually made me chuckle.

No more Loeb fanpage according to CMB.

Clip from episode 10.

[YT]Al4VKlrQmSo&feature=g-u-u[/YT]

Thor looks exactly as he does in the Marvel Studios movies. Same for the frost giants, and I saw a commercial on TV showing Loki and he looks exactly as he does in the movies as well.

Least we got Thor this week.

Last edited:
Rumor has it that he is turned into a frog for the majority of the episode so don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, heard this was originally Spider-Man/Wolverine's episode but they switched it to Throg.

Rumor has it that he is turned into a frog for the majority of the episode so don't get your hopes up.
Frog Thor is awesome but in the hands of Man of Action I am worried.

Yeah, heard this was originally Spider-Man/Wolverine's episode but they switched it to Throg.
They pushed it back to next week.

TSSM was one of the best shows, not just one of the best spider-man shows, I have ever seen. I really dont feel like it was even geared towards kids. It was a fun, mature, funny, intense, action, emotional, SPECTACULAR show

MJ is into journalism, but they made her more into it than she is in the comics
I haven't read the USM books in a while; remind me when Bendis had Ultimate MJ be into journalism?

The Chibis are cute, but ugghhh...there's such a thing as too much. Can't believe EMH is getting taken off the menu and we're served up THIS load of...I can't even think of a word!

A rumor regarding ratings of the show, season 2 as well as scary rumors on Hulk and the agents of smash

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/05...ltimate-spider-man-and-agents-of-s-m-a-s-h-2/

Frankly, i am not shocked to read this.

I mean what do you expect from the people who made this show. It is also interested that they mention Dini not quite happy with the end result. Let's see what happens next.

That sounds awful. There's actually going to be a second season of this? Really??

"Marvel is not planning any change to the show tone, its humor, execution or even character development". WHAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT? This has thus far been the worst Spider-man show I have seen.

I still can't believe that they cancelled 'The Spectacular Spider-man' for... THIS!

The Chibis are cute, but ugghhh...there's such a thing as too much. Can't believe EMH is getting taken off the menu and we're served up THIS load of...I can't even think of a word!
On a brighter note, they won't try to damage a great show more than what I hear they're doing with it

ohhhh, I can think up quite a few... :hehe:

That sounds awful. There's actually going to be a second season of this? Really??

"Marvel is not planning any change to the show tone, its humor, execution or even character development". WHAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT? This has thus far been the worst Spider-man show I have seen.

I still can't believe that they cancelled 'The Spectacular Spider-man' for... THIS!

or cancelling Avengers EMH, as well...

What's with you guys? This is like, the best cartoon evah..
Nuff 'Said :oldrazz:

Watching B:TAS now, it removes the bad taste every unlikable moment from this show puts in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"