Stand-Alone Movies The Unknown Regions

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was curious more about the Unknown Regions and wanted to discuss that a little bit more as it might pertain to future movies. I didn't want to put this into the Last Jedi because it felt sort of off-topic. That reason being that while the Unknown Regions are now canon, and the new books hint at Emperor Palpatine contacting a Dark Force in the Unknown Regions, they still haven't really been seen or mentioned in the films yet.

I think the Star Wars universe is fascinating because when you sort of pull back and look at the galaxy, Star Wars starts feeling almost a bit more like sci-fi than space opera or science fantasy if that makes any sense. Because now that so many ideas are being fleshed out, there's almost a sort of science to all the concepts in the universe.

The Unknown Regions I think are fascinating because Star Wars is set in this one singular "Galaxy." And this vast Galaxy has a whole region of space that's unknown to the rest of the civilized or known galaxy in the Star Wars mythology. So apparently within this galaxy is the Chiss Empire. This is apparently what drove Thrawn into joining the Empire because there are dark powers and threats in the Unknown Regions that are apparently even worse than the Empire. Something worse than the likes of the Empire and a Sith ruler like Palpatine. I find the implications of that fascinating.

Now maybe Snoke is just one of those threats. But in expanded universe, it was the Yuzhan Vong, who are technically not canon but arguably could become canon in the future. They were almost used in Clone Wars for example.

It doesn't have to be a movie, but in the future of this whole Star Wars media empire, I would like to know a lot more about the Unknown Regions and the Chiss hierarchy, along with what else could be out there.

Could Snoke really be the deadlier threat? I dunno. Based on the new canon Thrawn book, it seems to be left open there could be something even worse than a Snoke type. No idea, but I hope we find out at some point in the future.

If anyone else has more insight into the new canon version of the Unknown Regions, I'd like to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"