The unORIGINAL DC Boards Lounge (with pics of beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Corp here....seeing Zur en Arrh Batman like once every 5 years is good with me

Finally got to watch The Hurt Locker. Pretty good movie, very interesting perspective too. Don't think I've seen a war flick focused on bomb squads before. I can see where everyone is all about it, and the direction is pretty incredible. Just not really my kind of movie. Would be nice to see it win Best Picture at the Oscars since my pick won't win.

I'll happily do so. In fact, I'll do more than imply: Zur en Arh (or howeverthef*** you spell it) Batman looks stupid as s***. I hope I never see it again.

but...zorro in arkham?

Who knew the movie Role Models would turn into the biggest pro-LARPing movie ever.

I'm out of cough drops. ;-;
Generic bag of hundreds of cough drops.... FTW!

Also. Speaking of military movies. I WANT TO SEE THE PACIFIC! NOW! And I want it on DVD already to put next to my Band of Brothers DVD.

Who knew the movie Role Models would turn into the biggest pro-LARPing movie ever.

a bit scary if you ask me, but I stil liked the movie

Also. Speaking of military movies. I WANT TO SEE THE PACIFIC! NOW! And I want it on DVD already to put next to my Band of Brothers DVD.

so angry....it starts in March right?? how long is it supposed to be?

Finally got to watch The Hurt Locker. Pretty good movie, very interesting perspective too. Don't think I've seen a war flick focused on bomb squads before. I can see where everyone is all about it, and the direction is pretty incredible. Just not really my kind of movie. Would be nice to see it win Best Picture at the Oscars since my pick won't win.
What's your pick?

yes, it's a WW2 miniseries from the Pacific side...hence the name

drawn from actual men who fought there, same as Band of Brothers

yes, it's a WW2 miniseries from the Pacific side...hence the name

drawn from actual men who fought there, same as Band of Brothers

You -do- realize the Pacific is a giant ocean that existed before and after WW2, right?

In fact, after rigorous scientific research, scientists were able to conclude that WW2 is but a very, very, very, very small piece of history compared to the time the Pacific Ocean has been there in it's entirety.

Actually, I'm totally using that next time I talk to someone about travel.

"Gonna fly over the Pacific?"

"Dude, you know the only thing out there is a war documentary, right?"

Ace is part of the reason Skype was invented, but ironically he's yet to project his awesomeness through it...

You -do- realize the Pacific is a giant ocean that existed before and after WW2, right?

In fact, after rigorous scientific research, scientists were able to conclude that WW2 is but a very, very, very, very small piece of history compared to the time the Pacific Ocean has been there in it's entirety.

I know that, but it's a significant piece of history that A LOT of people are still interested in, don't like it??....don't watch it

I never said I didn't like it. In fact, I have zero clue how you got the idea I didn't like it. o.o

I asked if it was about WW2. That's it. :dry:

You just said since it was called "The Pacific" it had to be about WW2, which I laid out the thought the Pacific has been around soooo long, it might've been about something else.

Sooo.... I really have no clue where you're coming from.

Bwahahahahaha! :awesome:
District 9
Oh yeah, that's totally not winning anything. Maybe a technical award here or there. Only reason anybody in Hollywood even paid attention to that movie is because of Peter Jackson's involvement.

It's a shame. I loved District 9.

Ace is part of the reason Skype was invented, but ironically he's yet to project his awesomeness through it...

:( You're right... alas, my laptop is now officially ****ed. The hard drive went so i gotta get a new one. But hopefully that will fix the problems with the sound.

Hows it going anyway?

Bwahahahahaha! :awesome:

Oh yeah, that's totally not winning anything. Maybe a technical award here or there. Only reason anybody in Hollywood even paid attention to that movie is because of Peter Jackson's involvement.

It's a shame. I loved District 9.

The Academy is probably like "you pissant little film, be happy we would even sully ourselves with acknowledging you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"