Transformers The User Review Thread [SPOILERS IN ABUNDANCE!]

exactly, Golg13. I even thought that Primes call was a precautionary reinforcement call in case some decepticons are still lingering around and/or planning counter offensive. And it is definitely not a secret that the autobots are on earth because starscream and others followed megs to earth.

Which is why Optimus Prime's monologue at the end- although cool sounding- bothered me. Where does Optimus Prime get off calling refuge Autobots to Earth? Wouldn't other Decepticons be listening as well? He just signed Earth's death sentence. Or does Optimus think all Decepticons will now lay down their arms because Megatron and the Allspark are gone? If so, stupid move oh wise Optimus. You should know better.

Of all the plotholes and silly nuances in this movie, this is the one that least concerned me.

interesting news:

Transformers 2 More Ambitious

Scott Farrar, visual-effects supervisor and second-unit director of Michael Bay's Transformers, told SCI FI Wire that the recently announced sequel will be more ambitious visually.

"We want to improve on some of the processes that we did," Ferrar said in an interview at Industrial Light & Magic in San Francisco, where the film's transforming robots were created. "I think what we're going to do is get faster and know our problems sooner and quicker. And then, of course, I know Michael's always thinking about new, crazy actions. And we're open to that."

After discussing the monumental task of creating the effects for the first film, Farrar groaned and fell off his chair in jest when asked about the sequel, which was announced last week with an anticipated release date of June 26, 2009.

"It's a circus, and they're going to raise the tight-wire walker a little bit higher next time," he said. "But it's all going to be dramatic. I think the commitment is not to just chuck out a sequel. The commitment is—and this makes us really happy here—that it's a deep story. There are lots of layers to the story of all these Decepticons, everybody. And so they want to really keep the characters rich."

Farrar added that the filmmakers plan to use the techniques and technology they learned on the first film to make the second even better. "It was difficult and, I think, laborious and I think we learned a lot by the end," he said. "I think we've learned a lot about lighting, and I think we can go to much moodier lighting. Lots of things. It'll be improved."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=44393

interesting news:

Transformers 2 More Ambitious

Scott Farrar, visual-effects supervisor and second-unit director of Michael Bay's Transformers, told SCI FI Wire that the recently announced sequel will be more ambitious visually.

"We want to improve on some of the processes that we did," Ferrar said in an interview at Industrial Light & Magic in San Francisco, where the film's transforming robots were created. "I think what we're going to do is get faster and know our problems sooner and quicker. And then, of course, I know Michael's always thinking about new, crazy actions. And we're open to that."

After discussing the monumental task of creating the effects for the first film, Farrar groaned and fell off his chair in jest when asked about the sequel, which was announced last week with an anticipated release date of June 26, 2009.

"It's a circus, and they're going to raise the tight-wire walker a little bit higher next time," he said. "But it's all going to be dramatic. I think the commitment is not to just chuck out a sequel. The commitment is—and this makes us really happy here—that it's a deep story. There are lots of layers to the story of all these Decepticons, everybody. And so they want to really keep the characters rich."

Farrar added that the filmmakers plan to use the techniques and technology they learned on the first film to make the second even better. "It was difficult and, I think, laborious and I think we learned a lot by the end," he said. "I think we've learned a lot about lighting, and I think we can go to much moodier lighting. Lots of things. It'll be improved."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=44393
wow, really getting excited for TF2

The fact that Prime can even transmit that makes it known to other Autobots and Decepticons that they bested Megatron and his followers, so why come to Earth, to get your ash kicked as well?

well isn't Prime the leader of the autobots? Wouldn't you want to be with your leader? If your planet was blown to smithereens and you found some new friends on one and could blend in then wouldn't you prefer to be there then in the farthest reaches of space? I know i would hehe.

Just saw this. Terrible script, incomprehensible action, terribly lame "humor", and the usual Michael Bay paint by numbers visual diarrhea. Only Bay could make something such as robots fighting boring. As someone who grew up on Transformers, this travesty of a movie makes me hate Bay even more.

Just saw this. Terrible script, incomprehensible action, terribly lame "humor", and the usual Michael Bay paint by numbers visual diarrhea. Only Bay could make something such as robots fighting boring. As someone who grew up on Transformers, this travesty of a movie makes me hate Bay even more.

Hoorah, more people are emerging who say they can't stand this movie.

If it's a movie about robots which are only featured for one third of the movie, you know Bay's messed up somehow.

Hoorah, more people are emerging who say they can't stand this movie.

If it's a movie about robots which are only featured for one third of the movie, you know Bay's messed up somehow.

Yah.

Is there a "haters" thread on this forum? I'd like to really go into detail why I didn't like this movie with other fellow haters. :woot:

Well it wasn't a great film, feel free to voice any isues with the film here, as long as their well constructed, no-one has a right to ***** at you, so go for it :)

Well it wasn't a great film, feel free to voice any isues with the film here, as long as their well constructed, no-one has a right to ***** at you, so go for it :)

Yeah, well after posting my review of another recent movie that was quite negative and having it deleted by a mod because that mod happened to like that movie has made me wary. I don't like wasting time to write a review only to see it deleted.

Well i'll back you up, as long as it's well thoguht out, they have no right to remove it.

Yeah, well after posting my review of another recent movie that was quite negative and having it deleted by a mod because that mod happened to like that movie has made me wary. I don't like wasting time to write a review only to see it deleted.

A mod deleted one of your reviews just because they didn't like it?
Kinda freakin' daft.

Here's my review, which I think I posted before...but no one seemed to have taken notice of it. See what you think, SolidSnake :up:

'll start off by saying this; Michael Bay sucks majorly. He's a guitaricon.
So, a few days back...I went to watch the Transformers movie finally, with my woman. It had been a few days since release and the theatre was slightly full. So I sat back, and eagerly anticipated some kick ash Transformers action.
Did I receive that? Hell no.
After a dismal 144 minutes, I left the cinema confused. I didn't know what to think. I felt like my eyes had been raped. This review which shall be done, might have a biased view...hell, because I am a TF fan. Ever since I received my first Transformer when I was like, four. It was a helicopter, green and pink. It fricking ruled. But, let's concentrate on the movie. If you haven't seen it, spoilers are ahead. You're not really missing much.
Shia Lebeouf and transforming things was an awful movie. Oh, wait...I meant the Transformers movie. Where did it all go wrong for the movie? Well, we began with two dimensional sitcom people being everywhere. This was a proper concern after watching it, realising that this movie focused more on Shia wanting to get laid, than the actual Transformers themselves. Sure, some parts were mildly funny...but I don't wanna watch that, I'm here to see Autobots.
Basically, Shia is the key to finding the Allspark. His grandfather's (Whitwick-whatever) glasses have the ever important locations to finding the Allspark. It's imprinted onto his glasses. How did that happen? Well, he came across Megatron...and some stuff happened. But more to the point, the Autobots need to discover the whereabouts of the Allspark before it falls into the wrong hands.
(The Allspark has the ability to manipulate anything, giving it the ability to transform. So the Decepticons could build an army, which ain't a very pleasing thought).
They discover that Shia has the glasses via eBay. So what do they have to do? Track down Sam (Shia) and retrieve the glasses from him. If they can get the glasses and find out where this precious item is, before the Decepticons, then they're sorted. So what do we get? A whole hour of damn time wasting. Bumblebee assists in attempting to get Sam laid, instead of retrieving the glasses straight away. This could've sold a lot of problems beforehand, but we don't just have that one solution. Yeah, Autobots…take a close look at the eBay picture. Hang on one damn minute, they can view the coordinates of the glasses from the eBay picture. Sure, the image might be low-res…but they could easily sort that problem out.
So far, we've received one Decepticon attack, one reveal of the Autobots and we've gone through at least an hour. Oh, I forgot to mention that there was this tiny Decepticon who was messing around, but who really cares? It sucks. You see the problem with what I've watched so far, and the misleading title of the movie? It is Transformers, isn't it?
We finally get to see the Autobots in all their glory. Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, Bumblebee and Ratchet. They look pretty cool, and I will admit, seeing Prime like that was most definitely amazing. After the Autobots describe themselves, chaos ensues. We have the FBI and everything involved, and we finally come across some more Decepticons.
Thing is, we have all these problems about getting those spectacles, that we then find out where the Allspark is hidden. Oh, in a top secret government building. We find out that, by some other means. The threat of the Decepticons is too much to bear, so they finally give in and reveal they're holding the Allspark and Megatron in some top secret base. Wait a god damn minute here, you mean we're negating the fact the Autobots even needed those glasses?
Dumb.
Just in case you don't know, it's never wise to freeze something that large and terrifying and just expect it to be alright. That's just daft. So obviously, Megatron is finally free. That's ridiculous, Megatron – the LEADER of the Decepticons, only shows until the last quarter. What the hell is that all about?
Oh wait, I also see Starscream there! Awesome, I love Starscream.
Wait, this isn't Starscream…is it? I see no confrontation between him and Megatron. Did Michael Bay ever witness that in the G1 series…oh, and every other TF series? Do I even manage to see the Decepticons all coming together? Nope.
The huge battle of good versus evil then begins. Well, the fight for the Allspark does. They begin to fight each other in such a populated city; deaths are obviously going to rise. Sorry Prime, you like humans you say now? Well, whoever has written you; whilst you were out fighting Megatron you probably killed a gazillion humans. You see, you're supposed to get hyped up for the final major fight. You've got humans and Autobots versus the evil Decepticons. Pretty awesome, right?
Not really, no. Due to the fact you can't examine what the **** is going on properly. Everyone congratulates the CGI in this film. Don't get me wrong, it looked spiffy…but what good is it looking spiffy, if you can't tell what the hell is going on? The fights aren't choreographed properly, these fights are random, and confusing. Thing is, why don't they say a few cheeky taunts while they fight? Well, that's because Michael Bay decides that each of these Transformers are completely devoid of ANY personality whatsoever. Hell, I see more personality in freakin' ants.
Megatron is indeed an evil, evil Decepticon. So evil, he rips Jazz in two. Yeah, he's killed the black funky Transformer. Now, this part of the movie probably bothered me the most. Well, apart from the ending…but I'll get to that later. Optimus Prime shrugs off the fact Jazz is dead. Who the hell is writing this script? He shrugs off the fact a friend of 10,000 years has just been ripped in half by his arch-nemesis. Is the writer guitared, or something? You don't just shrug off a mate's death like that especially when you come up with a cheesy line a lot later for his death.
So, we've almost finished the brawl with Sam holding the Allspark. He's crapping himself, Megatron is coming for him. Prime is there to help though, as he does so. A huge fight begins with them two, and I seriously don't understand what is going on. Perhaps slowing down the frames a little?
Megatron is about to access the cube, when Sam pushes the Allspark into Megatron's body. Wahey, you've destroyed Megatron! Go Sam! You awesome Transfor…erm, human.
Okay dokay.
You've fought against the Autobots for thousands of years, only to be destroyed by a teenager that really wants gets laid by Megan Fox. Megatron, maybe you're not so cool after all.
:[
The Autobots gather around Sam, as Prime holds Jazz and he really spews out a lame line.
'We may have lost one comrade, but we've gained another.'
You've only known Sam the human being for about a day. Jazz? Your entire freakin' life. Prime, you suck.
Finally, humans apparently feel comfortable with the presence of Autobots…so everything is alright. The Decepticons have been destroyed, and parts of Megatron have been chucked into the sea. We end off the movie with Sam getting it on with Megan Fox (off-screen) and Starscream flying off into the skies.
What the hell have I just watched? Michael Bay has easily ruined something so simple. The concept of Transformers is great. You've got lifelong enemies pitted against each other. You've got great characters and storytelling all in the Transformers cartoons…so how do you make an abysmal movie like this? We have an hour of wasted time, perhaps another hour of just humans and twenty minutes of Transformers. I didn't know someone could really screw up an idea like that, but Michael Bay does so easily. As for the incompetent writers? Ugh. Don't get me started on them.
So, I definitely won't be buying this DVD and I'd probably demand my money back from Michael Bay. Don't waste your time with this movie.

THis has to be one of the hardest films for me to review. I've always been a fan of Transformers. I was only born in 1989, so I didn't experience the original G1 craze, but I did get to experience Beast Wars, re-runs, and the toys. :trans:

That being said, I was extremely excited to learn that a Transformers film was in the works. Excited.... and a little worried. Many adaptations of cartoons, comics, and other mediums had been one of two things: very good; or very bad. Batman Begins had reinvigorated a franchise long thought to be dead and going south. Superman Returns re-instilled interest in Superman. The X-Men and Spiderman films were all excellent. But how do you creat a film version of a 1984 cartoon/toy line? And not just any cartoon/toy line, but only the most iconic one in history?

This was surely a daunting task for the director, writers, and producers, as they were setting out to shoot a film version of some of the most iconic and well-known cartoon charcters of all time. Transformers is only really second to The Simpsons in terms of cultural iconography. So how do you satisfy fans and newcomers alike, while still makign a film that is accessible to everyone?

Obviously, not everyone could be pleased. Many film buffs liek myself cringed at the idea of Michael Bay at the director's helm. Though financially successful, not exactly the best director out there. However, with Steven Speilberg's oversight and carfeul planning, Bay has managed to deliver a film that even the most harsh of critics and film experts can enjoy.

The forst and most obvious thing to poitn out is the Transformers themselves. Carefully crafted and re-designed, the special effects put into these robots are mind-blowing. In fact, all of the special effects in this film are so astonishing, that you dont have to try to suspend your disbelief, it's already been suspended for you. The robots and all other CGI blends int perfectly to the environments around them, makign this film, if nothing else, a landmark achievement in visual effects.

Acting-wise, Shia Lebouf delivers a hilarious and ultimateltly heart-felt performance as Sam Witwicky, the human teenager who is caught up in the Great War between Autobots and Decepticons through an entirely farfetched series of events, forgiven through clever improvisational skill. John Turturro brings on yet anothwr great performance, mixing in with velvelteen performaces by John Voight and Bernie Mack. The younger actors are all fine and well, but its the veterans like Voight, Turturro, Bernie Mack, and of course, Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime), that truly shine.

Ultimately, the film only really suffers from moments of having a little too unfathomable of a story, even in a film invovling giant robots thrashing the hell out of each other. For instance, how come no one else seems to notice all the Autobots in the Witwicky's yard? :dry:

Regardless of it's moments of sheer implausability, the film is ultimately the most enjoyable and compulsively watchable of the year (so far) and is definitely worth checking out. Young, old, or young at heart, Transformers will enstill a sense a nostalgia within everyone, be they adults who enjoyed Transformers as a child, or parents of children who used to play with Transformers, or parents of those who are just now getting into the craze, everyone can find something about this film to enjoy. :woot:

9.5/10:trans:

^^^ I like that review, lol.

But then again, I'm biased since I think Transformers was the best action movie that's from a comic since Batman Begins came out.

Which mod?

I can understand that.They don't like to hear the truth.Or they don't want to have their feelings hurt.

I'd like a name. Who do the mods answer to?

I'm just guesing...but maybe your review borderlined bashing.

Most negative critics go into bashing a movie and not just being an actual critic and writes out the likes and dislikes.

You really mistook me, because that's NOT what i would have liked to see. I've been arguing that they should be even. They were obviously going for a tyrant dynasty (who are professional soldiers) versus rebel fighters feel. But Megatron owned him completely in the movie, and all i wanted was a more even fight regardless or who came out on top. The movie IMO made it look like OP was a kid playing with the big boys, instead of megatron being all powerful yet a little afraid of OP...hence "Decepticons retreat".

I too would have liked to see Prime put up more of a fight with Megatron, but with Megatron appearing just before the final battle, perhaps they made him so powerful just to show his strength in that late of the movie.

You really mistook me, because that's NOT what i would have liked to see. I've been arguing that they should be even. They were obviously going for a tyrant dynasty (who are professional soldiers) versus rebel fighters feel. But Megatron owned him completely in the movie, and all i wanted was a more even fight regardless or who came out on top. The movie IMO made it look like OP was a kid playing with the big boys, instead of megatron being all powerful yet a little afraid of OP...hence "Decepticons retreat".

I too would have liked to see Prime put up more of a fight with Megatron, but with Megatron appearing just before the final battle, perhaps they made him so powerful just to show his strength in that late of the movie.

Pros and Cons

Pros
1. The transformers themselves were awesome to look at.
2. The acting was great, Shia did a great job as well as the solider team
3. The opening attack scene is quite possibly one of the coolest scenes of any action movie.

Cons.
1. Not enough time given to the transformers.
2. Bad acting, sector seven and the pentagon were completely useless and had no point, movie could of done without them and that money could of gone to more transformers scene time.
3. the script was pretty bad, alot of lame one liners and not enough dialog for the transformers. the only decepitcons that talked were megatron and starscream, Barriacade hardly counts.
4. the action was terriable constructed. not once did we get a good fight scene between any transformers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"