Homecoming The Villains Thread

They teased Ock and Vulture in TASM 2, but Mysterio has the most votes?
Thinking more about it, that tease could be simply a tease, their equipment were on display out of the chamber of 6, or 7 (there is a 7th locker)

So you're thinking a younger Doc Ock? Interesting.

I was hoping for a more older Doc Ock. John Noble is my choice.

Holy **** I never thought about him! That's a genius choice! :wow: :up:

I think people are pushing for Mysterio as it would make the most sense with how the last film ended. Webb has already said TASM3 will focus on PP's recovery, naturally you want a villian that can hinder that recovery, it makes the villians motivations/the plot feel less contrived as the goals of the antag/protag intertwine and contradict each other, you get natural tension, and something that doesn't feel as forced as say, youuuuuu'rrreeeeee a frraaaauuuud

Now I see Webb as a director that does the more human stuff better, which is why a villian that you could potentially steer towards more of a psychological conflict seems appealing to me.

Plus for the Sony execs, he has great visual potential, so they can still sell the film visually, Kraven would be hard to sell in a trailer, and some might see it as a Tarzan vs. Spider-Man spinoff to compete with Superman vs. Batman.

Good post, and the bolded part made me laugh haha!

So you're thinking a younger Doc Ock? Interesting.

I was hoping for a more older Doc Ock. John Noble is my choice.
Ideally, I'd want Dano/a younger Ock in a film with a Spider-Man that's a little older. I'd want there to be some sort of age gap.

If the rumours are true that S6 will come out in 2016 and TASM3 the year after, it could be very likely that Spidey would have to tackle the whole S6 in TASM3 if they've already set the villains up in S6.
As cool as the idea would be, I don't think audiences would be ready for that; I'd much rather see Kraven (as it would be something very different), Mysterio (also something quite different as it wouldn't be about just brawling with Mysterio) or Vulture in TASM3.

-I know there was a lot of debate about whether it was Mysterio or Chameleon teased in the ASM2 credits. But I just had a thought, what if they're essentially combining the two characters. They're both masters of deception and Chameleon's look is much easier to pull off in live action than Mysterio's.

Chameleon primarily is essentially a male mystique correct?

Combining the two may be a good idea, but I'd rather they went with Mysterio's look still.

I'm just worried about TASM 3 becoming what people think of IM2 in terms of world building and setting up for another movie. Sony really needs to be careful, thats part of the reason TASM 2 is gotten the negative reception.

Since Avi and Matt don't think Mysterio can work, it's probably Chameleon.

Maybe, and I say maybe, Marc Webb will put his foot down. When you have almost an entire fan base wanting him on the big screen, and a comic book writer telling you to, you have to be a complete idiot not to.

Well these are the people who thought of female henchmen for Green Goblin, 3 villains in one film again, killing off Spidey's greatest foe in his debut in the reboot series, and that thing Paul was playing.

51873676.jpg

All this love for Mysterio is heartwarming :applaud
I salute everyone who named my second favorite Spidey villain

My favorite is Scorpion

I just hope Marc Webb checks SHH and look at the easter eggs or colours in ASM2

Night scènes green,purple lights, purple wraped white flowers graduation scènes, plenty more if you look.

Mysterio is one of Marc's favorite villains so why wouldn't he use him?

Because Avi doesn't think he can work well in a movie because he's a dumb ass.

I can't wait for when Ben Affleck does a Batman film with Scarecrow as the main villain and he unleashes fear gar that gives Batman visions.

I say this because maybe then, Sony will use Mysterio since they like doing what everyone else is doing.

Because Avi doesn't think he can work well in a movie because he's a dumb ass.

I can't wait for when Ben Affleck does a Batman film with Scarecrow as the main villain and he unleashes fear gar that gives Batman visions.

I say this because maybe then, Sony will use Mysterio since they like doing what everyone else is doing.

That is weird, as grounded as Batman begins was they still used Scarecrow and it was pretty badass! so if Nolan could make a character similar to Mysterio work on screen, and keep in mind Nolan's Batman movies are grounded (Way more than TASM even and especially TASM 2) Why wouldn't Mysterio work on screen?

Because Avi's a ****ing moron. Why do you think TASM2 Blu-Ray features it says:

“Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” — Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.

If this was an effort to make the best Spider-Man yet, it failed. That ain't me praising the Raimi films or bashing the Webb films because TASM1 was better than this. This film was just a giant cash grab. "LOOK SPIDEY FIGHTS ELECTRO, GREEN GOBLIN, AND RHINO!!!! GWEN MAY DIE!!!!!!". They didn't even market Venom in Spidey 3 as much as they did for Rhino. Hell Venom wasn't even shown until the final trailer while all 3 villains were revealed on the poster and first trailer to this film.

Because Avi's a ****ing moron. Why do you think TASM2 Blu-Ray features it says:

“Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” — Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.

If this was an effort to make the best Spider-Man yet, it failed. That ain't me praising the Raimi films or bashing the Webb films because TASM1 was better than this. This film was just a giant cash grab. "LOOK SPIDEY FIGHTS ELECTRO, GREEN GOBLIN, AND RHINO!!!! GWEN MAY DIE!!!!!!". They didn't even market Venom in Spidey 3 as much as they did for Rhino. Hell Venom wasn't even shown until the final trailer while all 3 villains were revealed on the poster and first trailer to this film.

I do agree imo TASM was better, and i also agree that the marketing was bad, they really shouldn't have revealed the goblin, he should have been a suprise, and i hugely agree with the marketing of death of Gwen, i mean why would they even want to show that!

However i did love TASM 2, my only problem is the tone, but otherwise i loved it, but the marketing team should be fired (remember when they revealed Normans head) that's why i think Mysterio would be perfect in TASM 3, if the film went back to TASM tone, Mysterio would work perfectly in a darker setting he could really get into his mind, no idea why Avi arad would do that, never understood the hate for him, other than the fact he doesn't want Spidey in the Avengers.

Since Avi and Matt don't think Mysterio can work, it's probably Chameleon.

How the **** can't he work? Is he mad with the all the technology why can't Mysterio work? And if they are talking about his costume? Well you put it some effort into it that can work.

How the **** can't he work? Is he mad with the all the technology why can't Mysterio work? And if they are talking about his costume? Well you put it some effort into it that can work.

The answer...

@LEV:

I don't have a link so you will have to take my word for it, unless someone else has a link.

I think it was shortly after TASM, someone got to sit and talk with Avi Arad at a café and asked about Mysterio (it was his/her favourite villain), and Avi basically replied that he likes the villain but doesn't think he would work in a film.

We also have the article written by Dan Slott about his visit on the stage of TASM2, where Webb asked Dan who he thinks should be the villain in TASM3, to which Dan said Mysterio should be the obvious choice, or something along that. Then Webb looked at Avi Arad and/or Matt Tolmach and went "See guys!" (I don't remember if Webb actually said it or if that's how Dan interpreted Webb's facial expression), as if Webb tried to convince them (we also already know that Mysterio is a favourite of Webb's).

Well these are the people who thought of female henchmen for Green Goblin, 3 villains in one film again, killing off Spidey's greatest foe in his debut in the reboot series, and that thing Paul was playing.

Do you honestly believe Norman Osborn is really dead we never actually saw him die so Im 99% sure he will return but if he is dead then that is stupid

My best guess is that the doubt of Mysterio working in a film is first of all due to him perhaps not being an "action friendly" villain. I also think the costume doesn't help, even though I think some variation of it (keep the glass helmet!) should work great.

I think Mysterio could work great in action, they'd just have to be more creative with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"