The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised. As long as Kirkman keeps the graphic novel going, and there's tons of material to farm, whether it's stuff like Here's Negan or attempting to do more with Fear the Walking Dead like, I dunno, crossing the characters over, this show will be here for awhile.

I like how Reedus looks like he's about to tear up on talking dead.

When Norman Cries we all cry.

I normally don't watch The Talking Dead (and when I do, I clock out after 10 minutes or so), but it's actually been super cute tonight. Weird thing to say, I know. :funny:

I had to say "aww" out loud when Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) made a surprise visit to give Sonequa Martin (Sasha) a bouquet of flowers. Really cute.

watching talking dead right now... first thing i noticed was JDM's new beard ....

I noticed as well, and I assume I thought the same thing that you did, but I believe they don't start filming new seasons until May, so that's probably just a look for the off-season.

But you never know.

Well, you saw him growing it back out in this episode.

His hair is also getting unruly. Maybe they figure Negan's not taking time to get his hair cut, but at least his hair looked like it did in the comics in the premiere.

Well, you saw him growing it back out in this episode.

Well, I mentioned it because [BLACKOUT]when hes captured in the comics, he has long hair an a long beard because of the time jump... not sure the order they are filming next season but yeah [/BLACKOUT]

So they did cut that car chase briefly shown in the Season 7 comic con trailer (@2:02-2:05).

[YT]SmUz88zoIg0[/YT]

The trailer also showed (@2:07-2:08) Dwight and Arat shooting at someone/something (possibly Gordon). I think both those moments took place in episode 7.3 "The Cell". After Arat radios the Sanctuary about an "orange situation", which interrupts Dwight and Negan's awkward conversation. Then Dwight agrees to meet Arat by the gate to handle it. I think the orange situation had to do with Gordon (the savior who tried to escape but then begged Dwight to kill him).

And @2:31 the trailer reveals Negan's truck running over a car. That moment might have been omitted from "The Cell" as well.

I'm curious as to why they cut that car chase. It's rare to see car chases on this show. Maybe it'll be featured on the deleted scenes of the blu ray/dvd.

The season ended on a high note, and I'm not ready to adopt the "sky is falling" attitude yet. We saw great arcs for Sasha, Maggie, Morgan, and Carol this season. The Kingdom is always entertaining, and the inner workings of the Saviors always seemed like a powder keg. I'll admit that the 2nd half of the season dragged at times, but the payoff was worth the extended set-up. The show was on target much more than it missed this season.

It went along with the comic. I don't get the complaints about some people, for the wrong things.

tumblr_omqhrbi2EP1tp82kso1_250.gif
tumblr_omqhrbi2EP1tp82kso2_250.gif

tumblr_omqhrbi2EP1tp82kso3_250.gif
tumblr_omqhrbi2EP1tp82kso4_250.gif

I don't think I'm emotionally capable of handling the idea of Jerry getting killed tbh

When he starts getting full sentences, that is the time to worry.

Like T-dog.

Jerry is too pure for that world. He's like the Hodor of TWD.

Finally saw the season finale, I thought it was good, more upbeat than the show usually does but that bookended the season nicely given how it started.

I loved the callback to the saeason premiere between Rick and Negan, Rick's defiance not breaking this time, and the big save from the Kingdom and Maggie leading the Hilltop was a rare cheer out loud moment in the season.

I also thought the way they built to the Sashrifice was really good and caught me off guard when she lunged out of the casket at Negan.

Still not sure what to make of the garbage people, they still seem like they walked straight out of JCVD's 'Cyborg' and talk like they are from another time, are these characters from the books? As the leader seems like she'd make a great Alpha.

Finally saw the season finale, I thought it was good, more upbeat than the show usually does but that bookended the season nicely given how it started.

I loved the callback to the saeason premiere between Rick and Negan, Rick's defiance not breaking this time, and the big save from the Kingdom and Maggie leading the Hilltop was a rare cheer out loud moment in the season.

Rick was downright terrifying as he growled at Negan. Andrew Lincoln did a masterful job of conveying long-brewing hostility with his facial expressions.

The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln says 'the game is afoot' in season 8

Entertainment Weekly said:
The battle has officially been joined. Alexandria has risen up and — thanks to help from the Hilltop and the Kingdom, and no thanks to those weird-talking Scavengers — fought back against Negan and his Savior goons. It made for an action-packed season 7 finale of The Walking Dead.

If you’re excited to see how that all plays out when the show returns in season 8, you’re not alone. Andrew Lincoln was one of several cast members who talked openly about the difficulties of filming 7, with our heroes in a shell-shocked submissive position. But now that we’ve finally gotten to the “All Out War” arc of The Walking Dead comic, that has all changed — as has the energy on set.

“I can’t wait,” says Lincoln, who also revealed he had no advance knowledge of the big Scavengers twist in the finale. And he insists he is not merely putting on a sales act. “This is not hyperbole. This is not a cynical act to try and amp up enthusiasm for the hundredth episode in season 8, but I am genuinely more excited about this next episode and the following 15 than I’ve ever been in my life. I can’t wait to get back.”

While many fans missed seeing their favorite characters for long stretches of season 7 as new communities were introduced, Lincoln promises that set-up work will now pay off with what is to come. “It’s been a lot of placing the chess pieces and positioning and introducing key players in this landscape,” says the star. “And I think now we get to start really playing the game. The game is afoot, as they say.”

Im probably giving up on this show soon it's not a Zombie show anymore & I get it that at this point they know how to defend themselves against Zombies & Zombies are technically just there to be an annoyance & Season 7 overall sucked royally because of the slow burn nature of it Im likely gonna be done with the show after All Out War concludes & Negan is taken prisoner as he was a great bad guy & will be hard to top The Walking Dead is just losing steam now. I will watch it until All Out War is done but once Negan is capture after that season Im likely done this show peaked in Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"