The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im probably giving up on this show soon it's not a Zombie show anymore & I get it that at this point they know how to defend themselves against Zombies & Zombies are technically just there to be an annoyance & Season 7 overall sucked royally because of the slow burn nature of it Im likely gonna be done with the show after All Out War concludes & Negan is taken prisoner as he was a great bad guy & will be hard to top The Walking Dead is just losing steam now. I will watch it until All Out War is done but once Negan is capture after that season Im likely done this show peaked in Season 5

It's probably a good idea to learn how to type proper sentences.

I hope Gimple doesn't have too much input on FTWD. From what I can tell his instincts on how to run a show are pretty poor.

FTWD Season 3 premieres in June and AMC has already greenlit a fourth season. Wow! They must be really optimistic about this season. Even though the ratings have dropped considerably since the Pilot.

Though I think FTWD needs improvement (as much as I enjoyed Season 2 over Season 1) I'm not sure if Gimple's involvement is a good thing b/c he's been losing his touch these past two seasons of TWD, imo. This could also be a sign of a crossover between both shows, which I hope doesn't happen either.

9 Problems With The Walking Dead Nobody Wants To Admit
[YT]_mQ2KbHkyVc[/YT]

So apparently Simon, Enid and Jadis have all been upped to series regulars.

Well, that's just great. If there's one thing that stuck out to me as particularly awful about this past sh**ty season, it was the f***ing trash people. SO GOOD NEWS FOLKS, WE GET TO SEE A WHOLE LOT MORE OF THEM.

I feel like Gimple is trying to lose viewers at this point.

So apparently Simon, Enid and Jadis have all been upped to series regulars.

Well, that's just great. If there's one thing that stuck out to me as particularly awful about this past sh**ty season, it was the f***ing trash people. SO GOOD NEWS FOLKS, WE GET TO SEE A WHOLE LOT MORE OF THEM.

I feel like Gimple is trying to lose viewers at this point.

Simon? :up:

Enid? Fine.

Jadis?

tenor.gif

We only see Jesus and Gregory in a few episodes, and they're considered regulars. :funny:

Not just them. The format of this whole season pretty much ensured that none of the cast appeared in more than, like, half the episodes.

That's just what Season 8 needs... more Enid and Jadis (and her tribe). :o

AMC's got to stretch out the season with pointless characters, subplot, and melodrama.

Funny that you're taking issue with the two females being upgraded and not the male.

I'm taking issue that both Enid and Jadis are shallow characters that I couldn't care less about. I still haven't warmed up to Enid. And feel she still doesn't bring much to the show for me to care for her. I never liked Jadis and her tribe. The Garbage group as a whole are very one dimensional and pointless, imo. Out of the five colonies/communities they're least interesting. As disappointing and anticlimactic the Wolves arc turned out being. They at least had a lot more going for them than the Garbage group did. Aside from the lame revelation/twist in season 7 finale, which everybody should've seen coming, they offer nothing to the story. They're just there to stretch out the season with unnecessary drama, which is diminishing the main plot. The sooner they rid the show of Jadis and co. the better.

I don't mind Simon. Even though he's a scumbag, who deserves his comeuppance. At least he's charismatic and doesn't bore me whenever he shows up.

Last edited:
Simon is just another obnoxious, annoying prick. He can die along with all of the other saviors, including Negan and his jello spine. Every time any of them shows up, it just makes me miss the Governor. David Morrissey was a superior villain to all of these a**holes.

Enid just isn't interesting. I did like her "JSS" episode but since then she really hasn't done much. Maybe she'll improve but right now she just feels superfluous.

And Jadis and her stupid haircut? Good God. The way she talks just makes me want to ram my head into a desk. And WOW BIG SURPRISE, she betrayed Rick. Couldn't have seen that coming a mile away, could we?

They really need to trim some of the fat off this show, not add more of it.

This tells me that the main actors are getting too expensive for them to receive a lot of screen time ... And AMC is cheap.

Comic counterparts? I thought that Jadis and her garbage misfits were created for the show.

The Major Effects A Writers Strike Will Have On The Walking Dead Season 8

ComicBook.Com said:
As the production start of The Walking Dead's gets closer, it is creeping up with with the threat of another writers' strike.

The AMC series is set to begin production on its new batch of episodes on Tuesday, April 25. If an agreement between the Writers Guild of America and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television producers is not met by May 1, the strike will begin the following day. This would inevitably halt production on upcoming episodes of The Walking Dead and any other show set to shoot beyond that date.

Late night talk shows will switch into non-stop rerun mode, scripted dramas will be halted, and several effects of the strike will be felt across various media platforms.

The reason for the strike is the writers are not getting what they want.

The minds behind our favorite television series are looking for greater compensation for their efforts which has lessened as many shows have cut their episode numbers per season. Other issues such as health care benefits are also a factor.

The last writers' strike took place from November of 2007 through February of 2008. Shows like Lost and Breaking Bad were effected as both ended up having shorter than planned seasons. Lost pumped the brakes, going from 23/24 episodes per season down to 14 with its fourth while Breaking Bad's premiere season was cut from nine episodes to seven.

Which suggests a scary scenario for The Walking Dead fans...

If the writers' strike goes into effect and the AMC series is unable to film beyond its first couple of episodes at best, the production might have to adjust its episode count for Season 8.

Typically, The Walking Dead films from late April/early May through late October/early November. In that time, the show how been putting together 16 episodes which air in two halves, one running from October to December and the other from February to April.

If The Walking Dead does not opt to film beyond November, which it may given the alternative winter weather conditions which would arise in their Georgia locations, the producers may elect to cut the episode count in favor of having any sort of season at all. There's no telling how many episodes the show will be able to produce in 2017 if the strike lasts as long as it did in 2007-2008.

This would also mean a halt on promotional materials like trailers.

Season 8 of The Walking Dead is set to adapt one of the most beloved arcs in Robert Kirkman's comics: All Out War.

Every summer, fans pack into San Diego Comic Con's Hall H for a panel packed with The Walking Dead cast members which presents the first trailer for the upcoming season. After being screened in the panel for thousands of fans, the trailer is released online and the promotion train for The Walking Dead's new season leaves the station.

Typically, the AMC series has filmed almost half of its season by the time the cast and crew head to San Diego Comic Con. The first few episodes largely comprise the trailer but it is a very really possibility that the show might not have anything beyond the first few days of production to share with fans by July if the writers don't come to an agreement.

ComicBook.Com said:
Updates

With The Walking Dead going into production in less than a week, we can expect some sort of update on whether or not the potential strike has updated their approach to filming new episodes.

The deadline for the strike is quickly approaching. By May 1, fans will have a much better understanding of exactly how The Walking Dead will or will not be affected by the strike. As more details emerge, ComicBook.com/TheWalkingDead will to continue to update the situation.

There was a group called the Scavengers in the comics, but they were short-lived.

My brother, who reads TWD comics, told me the Wolves were the show's counterpart to the Scavengers of the comics. They attacked the ASZ and b/c of their attack it caused a zombie herd to invade the community. Similar to how the Wolves did during the beginning of Season 6.

So I think the only thing Jadis' group has in common with the Scavengers from the comics is the name. So basically they're the Scavengers in name only.

My brother, who reads TWD comics, told me the Wolves were the show's counterpart to the Scavengers of the comics. They attacked the ASZ and b/c of their attack it caused a zombie herd to invade the community. Similar to how the Wolves did during the beginning of Season 6.

So I think the only thing Jadis' group has in common with the Scavengers from the comics is the name. So basically they're the Scavengers in name only.

Yes, the Wolves shared some similarities with the comic Scavengers, but when I heard the name "Scavengers", I began wondering if the TV show was going to make some connection between the two groups. The comic Scavengers were nomadic before their demise, so I wondered if the show was going to present Jadis' group as a splinter faction that eventually decided that they needed a base of operations.

Regardless of what they're called, I want to see how the group became so weird. I know Jadis' group has been met with a mixed reaction, but I'm guessing there is an interesting back story there if the show decides to give us a flashback.

The Walking Dead showrunner promises 'kinetic, breakneck' season 8

Entertainment Weekly said:
WAR! It is finally upon us on The Walking Dead now that Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom have combined forces to take on Negan. The season 7 finale was an action-packed smorgasbord of gunfire, tiger attacks, coffin attacks, and deadly threats. So what’s next? Star Andrew Lincoln says he doesn’t know much, but what he does know has him more excited than ever to return.

So we spoke to the guy who does know, showrunner Scott. M Gimple, who notes that not only will the pace be faster in season 8 due to the subject matter, but that there may be less of the self-contained episodes that focused solely on a particular community.

“By virtue of the fact that the narrative has turned into one of pretty intense conflict, says Gimple, “it’s going to affect the structure in ways that make it a bit more kinetic, a bit more breakneck — shifting away from entire stories in one episode, and sort of fractured over several episodes, with little pieces of each story coming together.”

Gimple says that even as they were working on season 7 and dedicating stories to deep character dives on folks like Morgan, Tara, Rosita, and Sasha, he realized the following year would have a different feel once the battle was joined. “I remember talking about that with [co-executive producer] Angela Kang early on in season 7,” says Gimple. “Because we knew the way that 7 was going to be structured, and we knew we wanted to mix it up in 8, and we knew what 8 was going to be and how that would dictate a very different kind of structure anyways. So, yeah, things are going to move, and possibly not have the kind of deep dives into characters in single episodes, but rather laying out the pieces as we go on.”

Those pieces will begin to be laid when season 8 of The Walking Dead commences production on Monday, May 1.

"...when season 8 of The Walking Dead commences production on Monday, May 1." The day before the the writers strike commences! That's going to be the problem for the production of Season 8. EW should've asked Gimple how the writers strike will affect Season 8 b/c it will.

With Season 8's episode run being 16 (again) I doubt it'll be more faster paced than previous seasons. Maybe the premiere or the first 3-4 episodes (e.g. Seasons 5 and 6) but I doubt the whole season will be faster paced. Besides viewers will need a breather between all the "kinetic", "breakneck", "fast paced", action packed episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"