"The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Thread Manager, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filmfan93

Filmfan93 The Man in Black

It's probably a good idea to learn how to type proper sentences.

2. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

3. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

Gimple putting his name on it now is... interesting.

4. BestGirl

BestGirl Chillin' on Dragonstone

I hope Gimple doesn't have too much input on FTWD. From what I can tell his instincts on how to run a show are pretty poor.

5. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Well-Known Member

FTWD Season 3 premieres in June and AMC has already greenlit a fourth season. Wow! They must be really optimistic about this season. Even though the ratings have dropped considerably since the Pilot.

Though I think FTWD needs improvement (as much as I enjoyed Season 2 over Season 1) I'm not sure if Gimple's involvement is a good thing b/c he's been losing his touch these past two seasons of TWD, imo. This could also be a sign of a crossover between both shows, which I hope doesn't happen either.

6. Elevator Man

9 Problems With The Walking Dead Nobody Wants To Admit
    [YT]_mQ2KbHkyVc[/YT]

7. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

So apparently Simon, Enid and Jadis have all been upped to series regulars.

Well, that's just great. If there's one thing that stuck out to me as particularly awful about this past sh**ty season, it was the f***ing trash people. SO GOOD NEWS FOLKS, WE GET TO SEE A WHOLE LOT MORE OF THEM.

I feel like Gimple is trying to lose viewers at this point.

8. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

Simon? :up:

Enid? Fine.

Jadis?

[​IMG]

9. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Drama queens. :o

10. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

We only see Jesus and Gregory in a few episodes, and they're considered regulars. :funny:

11. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Not just them. The format of this whole season pretty much ensured that none of the cast appeared in more than, like, half the episodes.

12. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

Jadis is cool by me.

13. Elevator Man

That's just what Season 8 needs... more Enid and Jadis (and her tribe). :o

AMC's got to stretch out the season with pointless characters, subplot, and melodrama.

14. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Funny that you're taking issue with the two females being upgraded and not the male.

15. Elevator Man

I'm taking issue that both Enid and Jadis are shallow characters that I couldn't care less about. I still haven't warmed up to Enid. And feel she still doesn't bring much to the show for me to care for her. I never liked Jadis and her tribe. The Garbage group as a whole are very one dimensional and pointless, imo. Out of the five colonies/communities they're least interesting. As disappointing and anticlimactic the Wolves arc turned out being. They at least had a lot more going for them than the Garbage group did. Aside from the lame revelation/twist in season 7 finale, which everybody should've seen coming, they offer nothing to the story. They're just there to stretch out the season with unnecessary drama, which is diminishing the main plot. The sooner they rid the show of Jadis and co. the better.

I don't mind Simon. Even though he's a *******, who deserves his comeuppance. At least he's charismatic and doesn't bore me whenever he shows up.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  16. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Simon is just another obnoxious, annoying prick. He can die along with all of the other saviors, including Negan and his jello spine. Every time any of them shows up, it just makes me miss the Governor. David Morrissey was a superior villain to all of these a**holes.

Enid just isn't interesting. I did like her "JSS" episode but since then she really hasn't done much. Maybe she'll improve but right now she just feels superfluous.

And Jadis and her stupid haircut? Good God. The way she talks just makes me want to ram my head into a desk. And WOW BIG SURPRISE, she betrayed Rick. Couldn't have seen that coming a mile away, could we?

They really need to trim some of the fat off this show, not add more of it.

17. Leenie

Leenie Well-Known Member

This tells me that the main actors are getting too expensive for them to receive a lot of screen time ... And AMC is cheap.

18. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I'll be interested to see her back story. The TV Scavengers seem much more cult-like than their comic counterparts.

19. Elevator Man

Comic counterparts? I thought that Jadis and her garbage misfits were created for the show.

20. Elevator Man

The Major Effects A Writers Strike Will Have On The Walking Dead Season 8

21. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

There was a group called the Scavengers in the comics, but they were short-lived.

22. Reek

Reek _____

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  23. Elevator Man

My brother, who reads TWD comics, told me the Wolves were the show's counterpart to the Scavengers of the comics. They attacked the ASZ and b/c of their attack it caused a zombie herd to invade the community. Similar to how the Wolves did during the beginning of Season 6.

So I think the only thing Jadis' group has in common with the Scavengers from the comics is the name. So basically they're the Scavengers in name only.

24. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Yes, the Wolves shared some similarities with the comic Scavengers, but when I heard the name "Scavengers", I began wondering if the TV show was going to make some connection between the two groups. The comic Scavengers were nomadic before their demise, so I wondered if the show was going to present Jadis' group as a splinter faction that eventually decided that they needed a base of operations.

Regardless of what they're called, I want to see how the group became so weird. I know Jadis' group has been met with a mixed reaction, but I'm guessing there is an interesting back story there if the show decides to give us a flashback.

25. Elevator Man

The Walking Dead showrunner promises 'kinetic, breakneck' season 8

"...when season 8 of The Walking Dead commences production on Monday, May 1." The day before the the writers strike commences! That's going to be the problem for the production of Season 8. EW should've asked Gimple how the writers strike will affect Season 8 b/c it will.

With Season 8's episode run being 16 (again) I doubt it'll be more faster paced than previous seasons. Maybe the premiere or the first 3-4 episodes (e.g. Seasons 5 and 6) but I doubt the whole season will be faster paced. Besides viewers will need a breather between all the "kinetic", "breakneck", "fast paced", action packed episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.