The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

Ok well that’s something. I think they should end the franchise once they do the the trilogy of films but most likely they won’t. I’ll keep watching because it’s something to watch and I do still love it but I mean even the comic is over and trying to turn this into a franchise like Star Trek doesn’t really make sense.

They might have a higher success rate if they were to revive the franchise with a spinoff after TWD and FTWD have been off the air for a few years but that's also doubtful. There's been such a significant gradual decline in viewership over the past five years which makes it pretty clear that audiences are basically done with the whole franchise.

I can't imagine AMC is having a good time at all between TWD trudging sadly to the finish line and Better Call Saul about to end. What do they even have left?

Well at least AMC has the Vampire Chronicles and Mayfair Witches series coming so I’m hoping those are good.

AMC blows my mind sometimes. Why the hell are they announcing all these spinoff shows that take place after the final season before the final season is done airing? It takes away a great deal of the suspense when we know that Daryl, Carol, and now Negan and Maggie - literally the four characters on the show that people probably care the most about - all make it to the end.

Last edited:
Well, AMC's not gonna let that cash cow stop anytime soon, even with the flagship show ending. I do like that, at least for now, it's six episodes. Same length as the first season, so there's a lot that can be done with that short episode count. I don't know how you set up Negan and Maggie hitting the road together, Jack, but it'll be interesting to see.

That said, even though these spin-offs will have characters from the flagship show, I don't expect viewership to be the same caliber as The Walking Dead was at its peak and even now. I imagine some will tune in out of curiosity, kind of like when Morgan went from TWD to Fear, but may jump ship soon.

Yeah the fun if Negan and Maggie is pretty much done now after they somewhat called a truce. Not sure what else they can do with that storyline personally.

Crazy to think we’re finally here.

In other words, they realized that they destroyed all suspense for the remainder of the final season by creating spinoffs for the four most popular characters left on the show, basically ensuring their survival, so they're backtracking and killing off Carol to make up for it. At least that's just my theory. :o

Statement from AMC:
“Melissa McBride has given life to one of the most interesting, real, human and popular characters in The Walking Dead Universe. Unfortunately, she is no longer able to participate in the previously announced spinoff focused on the Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier characters, which will be set and filmed in Europe this summer and premiere next year. Relocating to Europe became logistically untenable for Melissa at this time. We know fans will be disappointed by this news, but The Walking Dead Universe continues to grow and expand in interesting ways and we very much hope to see Carol again in the near future,” AMC said in a statement Wednesday.
‘Walking Dead’ Star Melissa McBride Exits Spinoff Series – The Hollywood Reporter

Europe? I bet it's going to be based around the post-credits scene from World Beyond...

Last edited:
Well that sucks but the Europe setting is intriguing.

Seeing that Carol was out almost obliterated my interest (Daryl’s past his prime IMO), but the Europe bit is interesting enough to hold my attention for now.

I just wish they would cut the **** with the idea that Rick will ever have a theatrical trilogy and just make it a limited series already.

I could see a World Beyond series type format with two seasons or even like the upcoming John Wick prequel series and do three 90 minutes episodes.

Pretty dope but one YouTube comment said if Andrew Lincoln was there it would make it a wholesome reunion. My twisted mind was thinking and Jon Bernthal should be there just to it make a complete family reunion and a little awkward too lol.

Can’t wait.

Trying to make Rick’s story continue in theatrical films felt like hubris even before COVID did what it’s done to moviegoing. After COVID, I felt reasonably sure it would never happen.

This feels like the right play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"