The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

Erik Mountain has co-written the penultimate episodes of my favorite shows: TWD and Person of Interest.

Loved this episode. Set up the finale quite well. Ending where it began: with a Grimes with gunshot wound.

Negan's reaction to the variants :lmao:

I didn't expect Lydia to get bit. Cassady McClincy acted the hell out of those scenes.

Pretty sure this was the first time Eugene directly killed someone...

Lots of musical callbacks from the previous two seasons.

So I managed to stick til the end. Though I'm mostly watching it on the background and I never saw the spin off shows.

Still baffling that they chose to have a final season with 24 episodes that runs for more than a year, when the last eight episodes could have been for a season 12, making it a dozen of seasons rather than an odd number like 11.

Another weird making decision from AMC, aside from this could have ended on a high note several years ago.

Erik Mountain has co-written the penultimate episodes of my favorite shows: TWD and Person of Interest.

Loved this episode. Set up the finale quite well. Ending where it began: with a Grimes with gunshot wound.

Negan's reaction to the variants :lmao:

I didn't expect Lydia to get bit. Cassady McClincy acted the hell out of those scenes.

Pretty sure this was the first time Eugene directly killed someone...

Lots of musical callbacks from the previous two seasons.

Did he, though? It's possible that Eugene did, but I thought he also could've just knocked him out, too.

So I managed to stick til the end. Though I'm mostly watching it on the background and I never saw the spin off shows.

Still baffling that they chose to have a final season with 24 episodes that runs for more than a year, when the last eight episodes could have been for a season 12, making it a dozen of seasons rather than an odd number like 11.

Another weird making decision from AMC, aside from this could have ended on a high note several years ago.

In hindsight they should've kept Glenn and/or Carl on the show. I know Glenn also dies the same way in the comic, but without Rick there's just something missing. (IMO) Maybe it wouldn't be so obvious if one of them was still around.

I think all these extra episodes were a bit unnecessary, they could've easily cut some of the filler episodes. I still enjoy the show, but it doesn't feel like we're close to the end of something I've been watching for all these years. The story and villain don't feel big enough for a finale.

Ok I thought this episode was pretty good and it’s starting to feel like an conclusion to the story even though we know for some characters it’s not the end but yeah I got emotional during this episode so job well done and Negan’s reaction to the new Walkers made me laugh.

I subscribed to the 30-day free trial for AMC+ via Prime and binge watched all 23 episodes the last few days.

Can't wait for tonight.

I'll be tuning in tonight. Even though it'll still be around in the form of the spinoff shows, it's surreal to think that it's finally coming to an end.

I'll be tuning in tonight. Even though it'll still be around in the form of the spinoff shows, it's surreal to think that it's finally coming to an end.
Yeah kinda crazy to think this is it for the mothership series. I am also planning to tune into the finale tonight. Watching the pre show on YouTube now.

I thought this was a beautiful finale and especially the ending got me close to tearing up.

Well, that was just average as hell. That explosion and battle sequence so badly wanted to be Season 6's No Way Out. I get that this finale had to rush past so much and not explain everything, but this felt so lackluster and not as impactful as it wanted to be.

I'm surprised that Rosita seemingly passed so peacefully. No fever or chills like most bitten people get. I get it takes most people longer to turn, but there was basically no sign that she was bitten unless she said said it. That said, it was a nice touch for Rosita to basically get Andrea's comic death.

Rick and Michonne showing up at the end was a nice touch, but not enough to lift this finale for me.

It was as good as it could have been all things considered but the last 5-10 minutes basically being a teaser for three upcoming spinoffs kind of took away the point of it being a true finale.

Those last few seconds with Judith and RJ felt so abrupt that I wish the series had just ended with the Rick and Michonne moments. But thematically, I guess it's nice to have the series end with the young characters looking to the future and next generation.

Watched the finale even tho I haven't been keeping up since Carl died. That was more of a teaser for the 15 other shows they're planning and my god the writing has fallen off so much since then.

Well that was a fine finale despite not being the finale for most of the lead characters... i was waiting for this to end for years. So in a way I got my closure and I'll ignore the spin offs.

Those last couple of minutes just make you realize what the show was missing the last couple of years.

I am looking forward to the spin offs, mostly Rick and Michonne. (Which is basically just a continuation of TWD OG anyway) Funny how they didn't mention Tales of.. and World Beyond.. when they were promoting the other shows.:o

I kind of wish than rather than spending so much time with the Commonwealth, they instead focused on the walkers suddenly gaining new abilities, and how these characters would deal with this development. It seems strange that they waited until the end of the series to do this. Like, walkers being able to climb, using rocks, being able to operate door knobs is a big development.

But I think the biggest mistake the show ever made is how they dealt with the fates of Rick and Michonne. They should have killed them off once the actors made it clear they wanted to leave. Because their absence left a big cloud hanging over the series.

I kind of wish than rather than spending so much time with the Commonwealth, they instead focused on the walkers suddenly gaining new abilities, and how these characters would deal with this development. It seems strange that they waited until the end of the series to do this. Like, walkers being able to climb, using rocks, being able to operate door knobs is a big development.

I don't know if those "special" walkers also show up so late in the game in the comic, but yeah they should've done that 2 or 3 years ago. The show really needed something like that, walkers didn't really feel like a big threat anymore. Maybe the spin offs will focus more on them.

the-walking-dead-daryl-dixon-norman-reedus.jpg

daryl-dixon.jpg

the-walking-dead-daryl-dixon-walkers.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the commonwealth stuff didn't really wrap up that well and felt rushed. I did like the emotional scenes of the ending but it felt like Rosita died as they just felt it necessary to kill a character who had been around for a while.

And the Rick and Michonne was good but just showed what we have missed the last few seasons. A decent last season overall but thought the finale dropped the ball somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"