"The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Thread Manager, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Well-Known Member

'Nightmare' Official Mid-Season 8 Trailer | The Walking Dead
    [YT]nGuASCtizdE[/YT]

2. Elevator Man

The Walking Dead Season 8: 'No Guarantees' Official Teaser
    [YT]1LYTr3N_QlE[/YT]

3. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Heart of Fire

Get Carol out of those shoulder pads 2k18

4. Elevator Man

The Walking Dead: ’A Look at Season 8B’ Behind the Scenes
    [YT]gUXk7W5dzmg[/YT]

5. Elevator Man

6. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

Fans: "You've ruined the show. The writing is abysmal now. Fix it."
    Producers: "We have nude zombies. Please watch."

7. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

Hee hee. :p

8. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

I can't even imagine how low the ratings will go when this comes back.

9. Elevator Man

The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln thinks season 8 is 'not the end for Rick and Morgan'

I always assumed the point of this crossover was to integrate the FTWD cast into the original show. With Morgan's basically being the key of that happening. So it wouldn't surprise me if Morgan returns for a third time on the parent show.

Also I thought it was already confirmed that FTWD would skip 2 years so it would align with TWD's current timeline. Plus it would be less convoluted for "Post-All Out War" Morgan to be there. Rather than FTWD Season 4 timeline to take place between the death of Dwayne and "Clear" Morgan. It would be nonsensical for Morgan to travel all the way to Texas then back to King County Georgia in that little amount of time.

I'm still not optimistic about this time jump or crossover, but I'll try to keep an open mind.

10. Elevator Man

It was great seeing Danai Gurira in a big tentpole movie like Black Panther. She didn't disappoint and neither did the film, imo. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her in the MCU. At this point I'd rather see her in more MCU projects or anything outside of TWD. These past three seasons Michonne has devolved into Richonne. The show has been wasting Gurira's talents and running the Michonne character into the ground. I haven't been as invested into the character's survival compared to the last two seasons. So if they kill her off it wouldn't have the same impact it would've had on me two or three seasons ago. Hopefully 8b has something interesting in store for Gurira/Michonne but I'm not holding my breath.

11. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

Now this is interesting. Lauren Cohan, Maggie, has just been cast in the lead role of an ABC show.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/waling-dead-lauren-cohan-abc-pilot-whiskey-cavalier-1202705668/

12. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

AMC and Gimple just keep chipping away at the reasons people liked this show. What a mess.

13. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Yup, she's dead.

14. geetard

geetard Rebirth

I only watched the first episode of the season and am in no hurry to catch up. Looks like I'll binge watch the rest once the season hits Netflix/Blu-ray. Surely looks like my final season with this show as well.

15. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

16. KevTravels

I saw Danai in Black Panther.

This season needs more of Michonne to save it.

17. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

Michonne at this point is comic Andrea. There's a lot more for her to come.

18. Elevator Man

If they can't work something out or that pilot gets picked up I can't say I blame Cohan for leaving. Gimple and co. have constantly struggled with writing interesting character arcs for Maggie since Season 5, imo. Also a lot of characters Maggie's been close to and shared an interesting dynamic with have been killed off (Hershel, Beth, Glenn and Sasha). Most of Season 7 & 8 she interacts with Gregory, Enid and Paul/Jesus, who (aside from Gregory) have been dull characters, imo. So the dynamic or lack thereof between Maggie and the Hilltop characters aren't engaging because of it being such a dull community, imo. Not to mention she's mostly been isolated on the Hilltop away from the rest of the core group these past two seasons. She was only featured in 7 out of 16 episodes last season, which would be long stretches between those 7 episodes until Maggie appeared again.

Despite AMC being cheapskates I doubt Cohan chose to pursue other projects instead of renewing her contract for Season 9 and onwards because she wanted equal pay as Lincoln and Reedus. I believe she saw this as a way out of the show and took it. She knew AMC wouldn't budge on the pay. Cohan's been there since the drama behind the scenes with AMC started back in Season 2. She's probably fed up with it at this point. Plus if AMC gave her equal pay to Lincoln and Reedus they (meaning AMC) would put her in less episodes to save money, which is what they did with Lincoln and Reedus last season. Heck the main reason why they decided to kill off Carl was because AMC didn't want pay Chandler Riggs, who turned 18 in the middle of filming Season 8, more money because he's legally an adult, which also means he can demand a pay raise.

Anyways after this announcement I bet I know how they'll kill off Maggie in Season 9. Gimple mentioned in an interview last fall that Maggie's baby won't be born in Season 8. So I'm going to assume that Season 9 will be a time jump and it'll be revealed that Maggie died giving birth to her and Glenn's child. So much for Rick following her after All Out War. Smh! Such a wasted storyline. Aside from the Season 6 finale Maggie being pregnant didn't bring much significance to the story because she didn't look or act pregnant. Sometimes I'd forget that she was supposed to be pregnant.

19. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Heart of Fire

They've already rendered the show pointless by killing off Carl. I hope more people jump ship. Gimple has ruined this show.

20. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

I am about ready to drop this show as it is, the last season and a half has just been a slog. If Maggie/Lauren were to exit the show, it's just another reason to drop the show.

21. righthooksrus86

righthooksrus86 Well-Known Member

Seems like things are starting to come apart....Im not gonna lie it breaks my hear a little. I still love the walking dead mainly because of the characters, but now it seems like more and more of them are leaving. I truly miss the good old days.

22. cheungcheung

cheungcheung Well-Known Member

The show has gone sooo downhill

23. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I am actually kind of surprised at how not interested I am in this. Weird feeling.

24. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

That's the world now. It's the way things are. :o

25. KevTravels