The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

'Nightmare' Official Mid-Season 8 Trailer | The Walking Dead
[YT]nGuASCtizdE[/YT]

The Walking Dead Season 8: 'No Guarantees' Official Teaser
[YT]1LYTr3N_QlE[/YT]

The Walking Dead: ’A Look at Season 8B’ Behind the Scenes
[YT]gUXk7W5dzmg[/YT]

The Walking Dead to feature first 'fully nude' zombie

The show somewhat featured a nude zombie during 5b. It was back when Daryl and Aaron (during their recruiting/scouting) found that naked female zombie with a W on her forehead tied to a tree.

mdhoTPt.jpg

Fans: "You've ruined the show. The writing is abysmal now. Fix it."
Producers: "We have nude zombies. Please watch."

I can't even imagine how low the ratings will go when this comes back.

The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln thinks season 8 is 'not the end for Rick and Morgan'

Entertainment Weekly said:
When it was announced that Lennie James and his character of Morgan would be crossing over from The Walking Dead to its companion series, Fear the Walking Dead, the actor appeared to be walking away — no pun intended — from the original series for good. James even spoke about how difficult it was to say goodbye to The Walking Dead cast and crew as he embarked on a brand new chapter for the character.

Whether that meant Morgan was simply moving on to a completely different place — it is believed season 4 of Fear will be set in Texas, where the show is now filming — or that he dies at the end of season 8 and his appearance on Fear takes place during the time he was absent from TWD (seasons 2 through 5), all signals were that the character would no longer be part of the original series. But is that actually the case?

Andrew Lincoln, for one, believes that season 8 may not be the last we see of Morgan on The Walking Dead. That, or he is planting the seeds for Rick to crossover to Fear as well. Either way, Lincoln indicates that season 8 may not be the end of the Rick and Morgan story, which began way back in TWD’s pilot episode. “It was a very, very sad back eight,” says Lincoln of cast members like Chandler Riggs and Lennie James leaving the show. “There were lots of goodbyes, and big goodbyes as well. But there was a sort of sense, certainly, with Lennie, that it’s until we meet again. It’s always been that way with Rick and Morgan. I don’t know, there’s something in the air, that I feel that it’s not quite the end yet for Rick and Morgan.”

Not quite the end for Rick and Morgan? What does it all mean? Is that confirmation that Morgan does not die on TWD? (Even though the character is continuing on with Fear, it has always been a possibility that it is going to happen in the original Fear timeline, which takes place prior to where we are on TWD, meaning Morgan could still be alive on the spin-off even if he died now on the original series.) Does it mean that Fear is indeed time-jumping to be concurrent with TWD and Morgan will move directly over and could then theoretically return at any point? Or is this just all wishful thinking from a star having to say goodbye to yet another fellow original cast-member?

Whatever the answer, this comment once again throws everything into question in terms of what the future (and, perhaps, the past) holds for Morgan on both Walking Dead shows, especially with the season premiere of Fear airing right after the season finale of TWD on April 15. Lock in your theories now!

I always assumed the point of this crossover was to integrate the FTWD cast into the original show. With Morgan's basically being the key of that happening. So it wouldn't surprise me if Morgan returns for a third time on the parent show.

Also I thought it was already confirmed that FTWD would skip 2 years so it would align with TWD's current timeline. Plus it would be less convoluted for "Post-All Out War" Morgan to be there. Rather than FTWD Season 4 timeline to take place between the death of Dwayne and "Clear" Morgan. It would be nonsensical for Morgan to travel all the way to Texas then back to King County Georgia in that little amount of time.

I'm still not optimistic about this time jump or crossover, but I'll try to keep an open mind.

It was great seeing Danai Gurira in a big tentpole movie like Black Panther. She didn't disappoint and neither did the film, imo. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her in the MCU. At this point I'd rather see her in more MCU projects or anything outside of TWD. These past three seasons Michonne has devolved into Richonne. The show has been wasting Gurira's talents and running the Michonne character into the ground. I haven't been as invested into the character's survival compared to the last two seasons. So if they kill her off it wouldn't have the same impact it would've had on me two or three seasons ago. Hopefully 8b has something interesting in store for Gurira/Michonne but I'm not holding my breath.

Now this is interesting. Lauren Cohan, Maggie, has just been cast in the lead role of an ABC show.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/waling-dead-lauren-cohan-abc-pilot-whiskey-cavalier-1202705668/

“The Walking Dead” star Lauren Cohan has booked the lead role in the ABC drama pilot “Whiskey Cavalier,” Variety has confirmed.

Cohan does not currently have a contract in place to return for “The Walking Dead’s” upcoming ninth season and has been in negotiations with AMC for months over her potential return to the zombie apocalypse series. Cohan has been a regular on the show since its second season.

AMC and Gimple just keep chipping away at the reasons people liked this show. What a mess.

I only watched the first episode of the season and am in no hurry to catch up. Looks like I'll binge watch the rest once the season hits Netflix/Blu-ray. Surely looks like my final season with this show as well.

I saw Danai in Black Panther.

This season needs more of Michonne to save it.

Michonne at this point is comic Andrea. There's a lot more for her to come.

If they can't work something out or that pilot gets picked up I can't say I blame Cohan for leaving. Gimple and co. have constantly struggled with writing interesting character arcs for Maggie since Season 5, imo. Also a lot of characters Maggie's been close to and shared an interesting dynamic with have been killed off (Hershel, Beth, Glenn and Sasha). Most of Season 7 & 8 she interacts with Gregory, Enid and Paul/Jesus, who (aside from Gregory) have been dull characters, imo. So the dynamic or lack thereof between Maggie and the Hilltop characters aren't engaging because of it being such a dull community, imo. Not to mention she's mostly been isolated on the Hilltop away from the rest of the core group these past two seasons. She was only featured in 7 out of 16 episodes last season, which would be long stretches between those 7 episodes until Maggie appeared again.

Despite AMC being cheapskates I doubt Cohan chose to pursue other projects instead of renewing her contract for Season 9 and onwards because she wanted equal pay as Lincoln and Reedus. I believe she saw this as a way out of the show and took it. She knew AMC wouldn't budge on the pay. Cohan's been there since the drama behind the scenes with AMC started back in Season 2. She's probably fed up with it at this point. Plus if AMC gave her equal pay to Lincoln and Reedus they (meaning AMC) would put her in less episodes to save money, which is what they did with Lincoln and Reedus last season. Heck the main reason why they decided to kill off Carl was because AMC didn't want pay Chandler Riggs, who turned 18 in the middle of filming Season 8, more money because he's legally an adult, which also means he can demand a pay raise.

Anyways after this announcement I bet I know how they'll kill off Maggie in Season 9. Gimple mentioned in an interview last fall that Maggie's baby won't be born in Season 8. So I'm going to assume that Season 9 will be a time jump and it'll be revealed that Maggie died giving birth to her and Glenn's child. So much for Rick following her after All Out War. Smh! Such a wasted storyline. Aside from the Season 6 finale Maggie being pregnant didn't bring much significance to the story because she didn't look or act pregnant. Sometimes I'd forget that she was supposed to be pregnant.

They've already rendered the show pointless by killing off Carl. I hope more people jump ship. Gimple has ruined this show.

I am about ready to drop this show as it is, the last season and a half has just been a slog. If Maggie/Lauren were to exit the show, it's just another reason to drop the show.

Seems like things are starting to come apart....Im not gonna lie it breaks my hear a little. I still love the walking dead mainly because of the characters, but now it seems like more and more of them are leaving. I truly miss the good old days.

I am actually kind of surprised at how not interested I am in this. Weird feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"