The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 12 "Clear" Discussion Thread

If I had to nitpick about this season I'd highlight these areas:

- T-Dawg developed a brain and a mouth right before he died. I understand he was background fodder with Rick-Shane-Daryl at the top of the line, Glenn doin' Maggie, and Herschel owning the farm. BUT JESUS, he could have been developed a little this season before his death, and not five minutes prior to it. It's like his irrelevance was a gag.

-Michonne didn't become a realized character until episode 12 despite being heavily featured, and her silence was used as a plot device when she had the chance to spill the beans to Andrea and she didn't. That was cheap.

-Axel was on his way to becoming the most interesting character on the show with his multiple back stories, his "is he good or is he evil" subtext, and then he was promptly killed off for shock value...

-...In a prison raid/terror attack that MADE NO SENSE.

-Daryl and Rick had this big moment, Rick's ultimatum of 'him or us', and Daryl made a move away from the group. A huge development for him where he's been a little stagnant this season, and what do you know? His big decision is rendered moot not even an episode later when he decides to walk back to the prison with Merle in tow. Lame, lame, lame.

So yeah, most of my issues come from one episode in particular, and this season has been pretty sweet, but definitely not close to perfect.

A day later and I'm still thinking about that poor hitchhiker. I'm still so sad for him. Even more sad than when some of the other characters got killed off. :funny:

A day later and I'm still thinking about that poor hitchhiker. I'm still so sad for him. Even more sad than when some of the other characters got killed off. :funny:

He threw rocks at neighborhood dogs.

I think the better question is - why is he hitchhiking when there are cars all over the road? Maybe the tanks have all been siphoned. The guy's obviously a hobo survivor type with his pots and pans attached to his pack so it was kind of disappointing to see him get butchered like that.

For a brief moment, I was actually thinking that it was a zombie corpse on the road and the hobo had set a trap for them to stop and grab his bag, then he'd spring. And Carl would shoot him dead. Because Carl doesn't apologize anymore for shooting s***. Of course, that song blaring over the scene kind of solidified that nothing like that was going to happen.

The more I think about this episode the more I like it. It's probably in the top five episodes of the whole show, probably even top two or three.

Last night showcased some truly great acting.

I rewatched the Rick-Michonne exchange over the potato chips several times. Michonne's nonchalant answer of "Mat said 'Welcome'" cracks me up each time.

This is what the group needed a laid back, nonchalant quipper. A meme machine who's also a deadly assassin. :awesome:

It does suck to think he may have been a great survivor, he must have had some skills to make it this long and maybe alone the whole time? I choose to believe as Rick and crew drove away from him, the engine muffled his final words...."WAIT, WAIT, PLEASE, I'M A SCIENTIST...I HAAAVE THEEE CUUUURRREE!!!!!!!!"

I thought it might be coming, and this episode defiantly confirmed it. Michonne is my absolute #1 now!

I thought it might be coming, and this episode defiantly confirmed it. Michonne is my absolute #1 now!
Darryl better watch his back, cause if they keep showing this humorous side of Michonne, he's no longer mine.

Best episode yet. When Morgan told the story of what happened to his son, I cried.

Lennie James is an amazing actor. Loved him since Snatch.

Lennie James is listed on IMDB for the last episode of the season...but tiny pinch of salt because it's IMDB

I can see this happening.

Solid episode. I wish they picked up the hitchhiker. Lord knows trey need people to pull triggers for the inevitable gun fight with the gov especially after getting rid of Ty and gang. My favorite part was both Rick and Shone warming up to each other at the very end.

Shone- You see something? I know you see things sometimes. It's ok, I use to talk to my dead boyfriend.

Rick- Wanna drive? I see things sometimes.

Beautiful man. Just beautiful. :yay:

Best ep of the season. I've been waiting for Morgan to return for quite sometime.

My questions is 1) why didn't they take more guns? and 2) why not take all the camping gear off the other cars on the road? There would bound to be stuff they could use in there.....

Best episode yet. When Morgan told the story of what happened to his son, I cried.

Lennie James is an amazing actor. Loved him since Snatch.

holy crap thats where I recognise him from! cheers, thats been bothering me

I just realized Lennie James played in the Lost in Space movie as well.

Yes this has to be prob one of the top episodes for the series if not THE top episode.I have a feeling though that he will be back.The man has been surviving by himself and taking out walkers.He would make a welcome addition to the prison and i think Rick knew that and was one of the reasons he wanted him to come back with them.Not to mention he saved him after his coma and orientated him to what was going on.

thought that worries me [BLACKOUT]is after all that Morgan has gone through, if he shows up to help fight the Governor and he meets the same fate meant for Tyreese from the comics for a season shock ending.[/BLACKOUT]

thought that worries me [BLACKOUT]is after all that Morgan has gone through, if he shows up to help fight the Governor and he meets the same fate meant for Tyreese from the comics for a season shock ending.[/BLACKOUT]

I hope not but we all know the shock factor when it comes to this show.

Best ep of the season. I've been waiting for Morgan to return for quite sometime.

My questions is 1) why didn't they take more guns? and 2) why not take all the camping gear off the other cars on the road? There would bound to be stuff they could use in there.....

I think they have plenty of guns from the prison, what they really lacked was ammo as a result of their attack on Woodbury. I'm sure they took few guns from Morgan, but they probably have more guns than people at this point. On the second point, I think they may have just been running out of space in the car.

That sounds like something they would do

Just speculation but the g/a including me think Morgan is awesome. If they do in fact follow suit regarding the ratings train and actually listen to who fans who like Daryl, then his life could be spared just out of shear ratings reasons.

However it is AMC so they'll probably just kill him. Probably why Mazzara left to lol.

Best acting, script, and directing since the pilot.

Who knew the Gov' plot could get so boring and repetitive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"