The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 5, Episode 2 "Strangers" Discussion Thread

So awesome to see that iconic comic moment happen on the show.

Now let's see if they can go through with it.

Yeah, Tyreese needs to really step up.

The "killing people ain't easy" thing isn't holding up for me. Use that excuse elsewhere. This guy threatened to twist Judith's neck. Someone does that s***, they die. Before the zombie apocalypse and after it. :o

I haven't read the comics, and I have gone out of my way to not be spoiled, but I do get the sense that Abraham's scientist friend is full of crap.

Still, it would be cool to see post-apocalyptic DC.

I haven't read the comics, and I have gone out of my way to not be spoiled, but I do get the sense that Abraham's scientist friend is full of crap.

Even if he's not there's no way the plan's gonna work.

Yeah, Tyreese needs to really step up.

The "killing people ain't easy" thing isn't holding up for me. Use that excuse elsewhere. This guy threatened to twist Judith's neck. Someone does that s***, they die. Before the zombie apocalypse and after it. :o

Agreed. I like Tyrese, I get how the incident with the girls has messed him up, but he seriously needs to grow a pair now. That guy tried to kill him and Judith, he needed to be killed. He's just making things worse by not stepping up.

So awesome to see that iconic comic moment happen on the show.

Now let's see if they can go through with it.
I was thinking the same thing!! It's a shame Dale didn't survive in the show to play this part.

I don't understand why there isn't some rule within the group that you always have to go out in pairs. It's just dumb not to have it at this point.

I do hope they don't drag Gareth out too long like they did with the Governor. Season 3 was by far the worst season and I don't want a repeat of that. These people are evil now, no matter what they may have been before. I don't need any sympathetic storylines for them.

I don't understand why there isn't some rule within the group that you always have to go out in pairs. It's just dumb not to have it at this point.

I do hope they don't drag Gareth out too long like they did with the Governor. Season 3 was by far the worst season and I don't want a repeat of that. These people are evil now, no matter what they may have been before. I don't need any sympathetic storylines for them.

If Gareth & co are not dead by seasons end **** this show. No viewer gives a **** about the termites

Agreed. I like Tyrese, I get how the incident with the girls has messed him up, but he seriously needs to grow a pair now. That guy tried to kill him and Judith, he needed to be killed. He's just making things worse by not stepping up.

The way I see it, if you threaten a baby then you should automatically be killed. If the baby is as cute as Judith, then adding suffering before getting killed is also required. :oldrazz:

This will bite (no pun intended) Tyrese in the ass. Someone mentioned the idea that the guy Tyrese didn't kill would end up being responsible for Carol's death but I'm thinking maybe Sasha so the consequence to Tyrese is very personal.

If Gareth & co are not dead by seasons end **** this show. No viewer gives a **** about the termites

Hell, forget season's end. By the next couple of episodes, they should realize they are being hunted and start going after them again. But I realize that wouldn't create much drama, so the termites need to kill a few more regulars first.

DAMN BOB....you've only got one leg to stand on

Too soon??

image_zps7d316fdc.jpg

So Gareth is comics Chris leader of The Cannibal Hunters?

I knew Bob was a dead man walking. Anytime someone becomes happy in the apocalypse I think they are going to bite it.

Don't know why Bob left the church unless he is infected.

A church in the forest was random. What a out of the way place to put a church.

When Carl talked about the scratch marks I thought 'I know Carl is the son of a cop but when did he become batman?'

lol at Tara and Rick fist bumping

They really should of listened to Rick about killing off the rest of the cannibals. The Governor came back and caused them problems as well. If I was them I would wipe out all my enemies.

Last edited:
Hell, forget season's end. By the next couple of episodes, they should realize they are being hunted and start going after them again. But I realize that wouldn't create much drama, so the termites need to kill a few more regulars first.

Anyone that told Rick 2 let them be deserves 2 die & the joke will be on them

Yeah. Isn't he a leader in the comics? I haven't read them, but I've heard that he takes over the group at certain points when Rick is going though his inner turmoil. I'm not against changing characters in TV and film from the source material if it suits the story, but I could see how fans of the comic could be really pissed at how they're handling Tyreese on the show if this is the case.

Don't know why Bob left the church unless he is infected.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either but I was thinking that he went outside because everyone was drinking wine and since he's a recovering alcoholic, he may have had to distance himself from it. Or it might have been because he was bit. If it was the latter though, wouldn't he have started to turn by then? Did they ever give a timeline on how long it takes for people to become zombies?

He was moving around like a person that's not right and the way he was acting with Sasha felt like he doesn't have much time in this world.

So if Bob bites the dust. Morgan comes in & Tyrese is next in line & if Tyrese did not kill that guy in the cabin. Sasha is also next no doubt

Last edited:
What's this next in line talk? Attempt at being funny?

The next black guy 2 die duh. It never fails with this show

Yeah. Isn't he a leader in the comics? I haven't read them, but I've heard that he takes over the group at certain points when Rick is going though his inner turmoil. I'm not against changing characters in TV and film from the source material if it suits the story, but I could see how fans of the comic could be really pissed at how they're handling Tyreese on the show if this is the case.

There's no Daryl in the comics, so Tyrese was really in the second-in-command role from early on. There was no Karen and Sasha in the comics either, he had a teenage daughter instead. The daughter and her boyfriend planned to commit suicide in the prison together by shooting each other, but the boyfriend pulled the trigger on his gun a second before the daughter did, so he wound up killing her before she could shoot him. Tyrese wound up strangling and killing the boyfriend when he found them, and that rampage he went on (in the show it was at the car when he got surrounded) happened at the gym in the prison when they were clearing it. Rick went back expecting to find what was left of Tyrese, instead they found him sitting there, surrounded by dead walkers, asking them what took them so long to come back.

He was also the one that the Governor executed with Michonne's sword at the prison instead of Herschel in the comics, so he was long gone by the time they got to this point in the story.

He definitely went into his brooding, darker moods in the comics...but I don't remember him backing off of violence this badly. I get it, especially after what happened with the girls, but he just can't be like this. It's downright dangerous at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"