The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 5 Episode 1 "No Sanctuary" Discussion Thread

Thanks for answering the question :whatever:

Same to you. :cwink:

Seriously, Morgan's only been a major character in the pilot and in what was arguably one of the other best episodes of the series.

So any theories about Beth's story arch this season? Since she is the only one still separated from the group, I am assuming there are some big plans for her this season.

Unless you recently started watching this show, you should know who Morgan is. He was a major character in the pilot ( which I won't spoil) and was in season 3's episode " clear" which is easily one of the series best episodes. Morgan is also a fan favorite so that why people are freaking out about his return.

Same to you. :cwink:

Seriously, Morgan's only been a major character in the pilot and in what was arguably one of the other best episodes of the series.

Unless you recently started watching this show, you should know who Morgan is. He was a major character in the pilot ( which I won't spoil) and was in season 3's episode " clear" which is easily one of the series best episodes. Morgan is also a fan favorite so that why people are freaking out about his return.
There's literally dozens of characters that get introduced each season. Sorry if I have a hard time keeping track of them, especially the ones that aren't seen regularly as part of the main cast

I hadn't heard about that, what happened?

They were answering questions at TWD panel at NYCC and the subject of character longevity came up (of course). She apparently got emotional when talking about it.

Could mean something regarding Carol.....could mean nothing. Could mean something for someone else. Honestly when a character like Carol fully evolves like she has, it makes her a prime candidate in TWD universe to be killed off. She went from beaten housewife to [BLACKOUT]launching a one woman assault on Terminus[/BLACKOUT].

One of my favorite TV heroine's ever TBH. :up:

Did Morgan have any guns on his pack. The Carbon helmet and face mask made me wonder.

Could Kevlar clothes make you walker proof

They were answering questions at TWD panel at NYCC and the subject of character longevity came up (of course). She apparently got emotional when talking about it.

Could mean something regarding Carol.....could mean nothing. Could mean something for someone else. Honestly when a character like Carol fully evolves like she has, it makes her a prime candidate in TWD universe to be killed off. She went from beaten housewife to [BLACKOUT]launching a one woman assault on Terminus[/BLACKOUT].

One of my favorite TV heroine's ever TBH. :up:

My friend was at the NYCC panel, she said Norman gave her his handkerchief after that. She said the way she got that emotional had very worried about Carol. :csad:

I was half-expecting Daryl to pull away from that hug to reveal that Carol had been bitten or shot or something. I'm so glad that didn't happen.

I love Carol but, really, I think she has reached her limit of awesome, hard to top all that she has done. Aside from Daryl or Rick I think at this point her death would be the biggest blow to the group and shake up the show the most.

We're all shellshocked to this point.

"Sweet, character development and awesomeness! :D"

"Oh, wait. :("

5 things:

Carol pwns
Ty finally went beast mode
The termies getting their just desserts between Rick and co. and the Walkers
Yes, I sobbed at seeing Rick and Carl reuniting with baby Judith
Spat my wine out when Morgan removed the helmet gear.

tumblr_ndd5fihxGs1rkbi4ao1_250.gif
tumblr_ndd5fihxGs1rkbi4ao2_250.gif

tumblr_ndd5fihxGs1rkbi4ao3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_ndd5fihxGs1rkbi4ao4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_ndd5fihxGs1rkbi4ao5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_ndd5fihxGs1rkbi4ao6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_msokw9j9iN1sauzcio1_500.gif

I was like. "Aww. Daryl, you *****."

Pretty damn good episode.

But they should have listened to Rick. Kill them all.

Even if they don't reopen Terminus, now they have a bunch of psychopath cannibals running loose.

Now while I don't agree with the town killing and eating people I at least understand why they don't trust anyone and actually feel bad for them.

Just because you were victimized doesn't mean it's okay to lure innocent people into a trap and eat them.

It's like an abused child growing up to be a serial killer. At some point people are responsible for their own actions.

So any theories about Beth's story arch this season? Since she is the only one still separated from the group, I am assuming there are some big plans for her this season.

Father Gabriel or the Saviors, maybe. Don't really know. Doubt she's at the Hilltop Colony. Perhaps something completely new.

I could get them not taking in outsiders. Or even killing them on site. But to lure them, trap them, brutally slaughter them and eat them?

Yeah, there's really no excuse for that.

I could get them not taking in outsiders. Or even killing them on site. But to lure them, trap them, brutally slaughter them and eat them?

Yeah, there's really no excuse for that.
See I agree with you. I can understand all their actions up until luring them in and eating them. Although I don't understand why they just didn't take the signs down.

Last edited:
One terrific opener. Damn, every worry I had thankfully was done away all in one episode. Instead of dragging the Terminus stuff out for an entire season, it all goes to hell, helped by Carol's awesome assault, and the entire group is back together.

Thank you Gimple. Hopefully kind of economic storytelling continues for the rest of the season. Garret should be a very interesting character. He seems ripped right out of a Stephen King novel.

Pretty great opener and definitely not the last we'll see of the Terminus community.

And I didn't even realize there was a stinger at the end! My DVR cut it short, but it's good to know Morgan is out and about.

I hope whats left of The Termites wanting revenge does not take up most of the season. People will get annoyed of them fast & everyone agrees they deserved what happened 2 them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"