The "Who Would You Cast Instead" Thread

I would like all of the actors from Fant4stic to become part of the MCU in other roles. Kate was already in IM2, so just bring her back and say she was really Julia Carpenter or someone like that. Then bring back Tim Blake Nelson as the full-fledged Leader, who's been chilling out in the Vault with his giant head since the events of TIH. That leaves Miles, Jamie, Michael, Toby. Those shouldn't be too hard.

I would like all of the actors from Fant4stic to become part of the MCU in other roles. Kate was already in IM2, so just bring her back and say she was really Julia Carpenter or someone like that. Then bring back Tim Blake Nelson as the full-fledged Leader, who's been chilling out in the Vault with his giant head since the events of TIH. That leaves Miles, Jamie, Michael, Toby. Those shouldn't be too hard.

I could see Michael as Isaiah Bradley. Moving Chris Evans from Human Torch to Captain America worked! :p

I could see Michael as Isaiah Bradley. Moving Chris Evans from Human Torch to Captain America worked! :p
That would be weird.
OR Michael can play Eli, and Reg E Cathy could be the aged Isaiah.

That would be weird.
OR Michael can play Eli, and Reg E Cathy could be the aged Isaiah.

Michael's too old for Eli. I was actually pretty surprised to hear they made Johnny a teen in this film and not early twenties. MBJ looks like a grown-up young man, not a kid.

Jamie Bell is almost a 30 year old man. What the hell? I feel that this movie got the roles cast wrong too. Jamie would've been a better fit for Reed. Johnny plays to Miles talents perfectly. And Michael I could see having that heart in his performance for Ben. Not that it would've mattered for this garbage.

Jamie Bell is almost a 30 year old man. What the hell? I feel that this movie got the roles cast wrong too. Jamie would've been a better fit for Reed. Johnny plays to Miles talents perfectly. And Michael I could see having that heart in his performance for Ben. Not that it would've mattered for this garbage.

I honestly felt exactly the same way. Jamie Bell as Ben is supposed to be "the muscle" but he's smaller than Reed. And Bell's voice gets heavily distorted after he becomes the Thing so it makes no sense if he was cast for that.

When casting was first announced I was genuinely unsure if they accidentally swapped which roles were assigned to which actors.

Michael's too old for Eli. I was actually pretty surprised to hear they made Johnny a teen in this film and not early twenties. MBJ looks like a grown-up young man, not a kid.
Good point. Hollywood casting 20- and 30-somethings to play teenagers annoys me too, so I'll just put that aside. Unless they want to really age up the Young Avengers, which would be kinda missing the point.

But I'm keeping Reg as old man Isaiah.

So who else we got? I know the New Warriors haven't been big in a while but he'd be an excellent fit for Night Thrasher. Beyond that they could always do another race-lift. The MCU is full of those already.

Now I kinda wish Jamie Bell got to play Quicksilver in AoU. Aaron was perfectly good, don't get me wrong, but Jamie has a more lean, angular face that Pietro usually has.

Reed - Colin Hanks
Sue - Alice Eve
Johnny - Jensen Ackles
Ben - Terry Crews

Doom - Mads Mikklesen

I honestly felt exactly the same way. Jamie Bell as Ben is supposed to be "the muscle" but he's smaller than Reed. And Bell's voice gets heavily distorted after he becomes the Thing so it makes no sense if he was cast for that.

When casting was first announced I was genuinely unsure if they accidentally swapped which roles were assigned to which actors.
Yeah I just don't get it.

The ages are all off too. If they went with an older cast in the MCU I could see it being:

Jason Bateman as Reed
Jessica Chastain as Sue
Joel McHale as Ben
Dylan O'Brien as Johnny
Oscar Isaac as Doom

Last edited:
Also, Patrick Bateman is not an actor. He's the main character from American Psycho.

Reed- jason bateman, Ewan McGregor, Patrick Wilson
Johnny- Zac Efron
Sue- Jessica Chastain
Ben- Joel Edgerton

Doom- N C-W

Lol I missed your post, guess we were both thinking jason bateman would make a good RR

Reed- jason bateman, Ewan McGregor, Patrick Wilson
Johnny- Zac Efron
Sue- Jessica Chastain
Ben- Joel Edgerton

Doom- N C-W

Lol I missed your post, guess we were both thinking jason bateman would make a good RR
Great minds think alike.:oldrazz:
Seems like a Marvel kind of casting as well

Yeah I just don't get it.

The ages are all off too. If they went with an older cast in the MCU I could see it being:

Jason Bateman as Reed
Jessica Chastain as Sue
Joel McHale as Ben
Dylan O'Brien as Johnny
Oscar Isaac as Doom

5d4f7172a17eb2ec20df365eed1ed70a.gif

Like the rest, though.

Be mindful everyone. When casting Johnny Storms for the MCU, remember he is the same age as Peter Parker. If Marvel recast the Fantastic Four, they will cast someone who is in their late teens to early 20s, and not a mid 20s to 30 something actor.

Last edited:
Charlie Plummer wouldn't be bad as Johnny Storm. He was up for the role of Spider-Man and kinda resembles Johnny from the comics.

My "MCU Fantastic Four" cast:

Andrew Garfield as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

zsw9ya.jpg

Emma Stone as Sue Storm/Invisible Woman

2v3ovx2.jpg

Zac Efron as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch

9fxmro.jpg

John Cena as Ben Grimm/The Thing

2s1niw4.jpg

I dont want them going young again.

That being said I do think that's a pretty good cast even though it would never happen. But as I said I dont want them to be young

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"