The words of wisdom/random advice/etc. thread

Never rub another man's rhubarb.

You can get more in life with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more, No less.

"Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls."
~Maya Angelou

The universe is driven by the complex interaction between three ingredients: matter, energy, and enlightened self-interest

AndThePickles said:
"Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls."
~Maya Angelou

:confused:

Sounds like the lyrics of a highschool garage Metal band.
I always heard that Maya Angelou was a "great poet".

Wilhelm-Scream said:

Sounds like the lyrics of a highschool garage Metal band.
I always heard that Maya Angelou was a "great poet".

I guess it depends on what you would consider "good" poetry. I like a lot of her work, but there are plenty of people who probably wouldn't like it at all.

No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand

If you are lacking facial hair, shave your face. It actually induces growth.

Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never, in nothing, great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.

Sir Winston Churchill

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain, matures into the promise of a better world. Because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.

The quiet ones are the ones who change the universe. The loud ones only take the credit.

If she questions, kill her.

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you shouldn't pick your friend's nose.

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.

If you shoot a Wilhelm you get to keep it. The meat is a bit thick, but it's good for beef jerky.

DOG LIPS said:
If you shoot a Wilhelm you get to keep it. The meat is a bit thick, but it's good for beef jerky.

A little "gamey", but tender and full of nutrients.:up:

I don't know why...but I just have Alan Arka from Little Miss Sunshine in my head.."F' a lot of women".

Snitches get stitches and thrown in ditches.

Drive faster. :cmad:

Be aware of your surroundings at all times. :cmad:

Better to have loved and lost than to live with the psycho for the rest of your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"