The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IV Signup/OOC Thread

Harlekin said:
Just two words of advice (I really dig it there's a Nightwing again):
1) There is no Secret Society
2) Renegade->meh, IMO, but maybe you can put a positive spin on it

Oh ok,thanks I just wont use Renegade then.

Oh, don't let me discourage you. If you can pull of Nightwing faking being a villain succesfully, go for it.

Harlekin said:
Oh, don't let me discourage you. If you can pull of Nightwing faking being a villain succesfully, go for it.

It takes alot more than that to discourage me,who knows I might be able to do it.I want him to be totally undercover and just trying to infiltrate something.Ill still try it maybe.
icon7.gif

Okay, all. To follow my own advice....

My goals for season four:

1) To amp up The Question's pathetic rogues gallary into something memorable.

2) To make Vic Sage into the Hunter S. Thompson of the DCU.

Just a few more notes on Scarecrow. After being seperated from The Joker during a battle at Blackgate Prison, The Scarecrow began to once again work on his own. However, he was found by Nightwing, who proceeded to beat the hell of him and send his ass to jail.

Since Arkham Aylum was destroyed by Wonder Woman last season, I assume Scarecrow is currently being held in custody in Blackgate Prison.

twylight said:
Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but I was trying to backlog and find what you were talking about.

I'll be honest. I don't remember that happening and it's too close to playing two characters at the same time.
In fact..it is.

That's having two characters and we don't do that in this RPG.
I'm sorry. :( But it's been pretty much the rule..

Fair enough twy.

DC RPG Season IV Application:

Screen Name: The Red X

Character you would like to play:
Ra's al Ghul

Powers:
Possesses no super-human powers, but he has remarkable strength and stamina. He is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant and a master swordsman. He also has an intellect that rivals Batman, a vast fortune, several lifetimes’ worth of skills, resources and contacts. And not forgetting he commands a small army of followers

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):
Leader of the League of Assassins

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

• Doesn’t have to kill anyone to be a threat, he just carries an impending presence with him.
  • Unlike most villains he works on more of a Global scale.
  • I would like to cause some trouble for the newly reformed JLA. mwahahha!

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: Well hopefully I can bring both the threatening and sophisticated nature of the character. And also help create and develop interesting stories.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: I can normally manage 2 or 3.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty):
How about something sophisticated like this?

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? I was searching the forum one day and ended up here. Isn’t it funny how things work out?

Batman_ said:
Oh ok,thanks I just wont use Renegade then.

Yeah, if you tried to use anything from Devin Greyson, I would have been forced to beat you senseless with a fishing pole. :o

Anyway, be prepared for some PMs from me, 'cause I got lots of plans for the Bat-Family. :D

Sentry2005 said:

Screen Name:

Sentry 2005

Guy Gardner (Green Lantern)

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread?
it was the reason i signed up for the hype boards in the first place.

Seriously? We're honored ^_^

Johnny Blaze said:
Screen Name: Johnny Blaze

Character you would like to play: Mirror Master (Evan McCulloch)
The Question said:

Screen Name:
The Question

Character you would like to play: The Question

LibrarianThorne said:

Screen Name: Look to the left a tad.

Character you would like to play: Superman

Keyser Soze said:

Screen Name: Keyser Soze

Character you would like to play: The Joker

MaskedManJRK said:
Screen Name: MaskedManJRK

Character you would like to play: Batman

Harlekin said:
Here I am Blaze. :p

Screen Name: Harlekin
Character you would like to play: Deadshot

Watchman said:

Screen Name: Watchman

Character you would like to play: The Scarecrow

Ash Loomis said:
Screen Name: Ash Loomis

Character you would like to play: Blue Beetle

Spike_x1 said:

Screen Name: Spike_x1

Character you would like to play: Lex Luthor.

animation22dg.gif

Accepted, the lot of you..no suprises there for me. :p

MaskedManJRK said:
Yeah, if you tried to use anything from Devin Greyson, I would have been forced to beat you senseless with a fishing pole. :o

Anyway, be prepared for some PMs from me, 'cause I got lots of plans for the Bat-Family. :D

Sweet.Looking forward to it.
icon10.gif

Batman_ said:
Screen Name: Batman
Character you would like to play: Nightwing

Powers: None; relies on his years of extensive training of martial arts and detective skills.Along with numerous gadgets and weapons.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): None

Three reasons why you have chosen that character: 1)I hope to tell as much stories as possible by playing Nightwing.
2) The Red X said I could play him
3)He was trained by Batman and now runs his own city.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I've never played an RPG before but still want to learn to try and give it my all.Nightwing is one of my favorite heroes and I want create some good stories,including him taking the guise of "Renegade" an infiltrate the Secret Society as in the comics.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG?: As much as I can.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Century Gothic.

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread?: Found it myself,and The Red X convinced me to join.

Nwingarobatics.jpg

Okay, a few things you need to know..*okay one*

Black Canary died to save Nightwing in this RPG two seasons ago, and you might want to at least know that.

If you'd like to go undercover, I'm 'making' a mobster character.

Also JRK..PLease PM me with ya'll plans for the Bat-Family, because I'd like to work my character into them, at least on a cameo basis, however I was hoping it would come to a head between her and Batman.

The Red X said:
Fair enough twy.

Screen Name: The Red X

Ra's al Ghul

Powers:
Possesses no super-human powers, but he has remarkable strength and stamina. He is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant and a master swordsman. He also has an intellect that rivals Batman, a vast fortune, several lifetimes’ worth of skills, resources and contacts. And not forgetting he commands a small army of followers

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):
Leader of the League of Assassins

• Doesn’t have to kill anyone to be a threat, he just carries an impending presence with him.
  • Unlike most villains he works on more of a Global scale.
  • I would like to cause some trouble for the newly reformed JLA. mwahahha!

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: Well hopefully I can bring both the threatening and sophisticated nature of the character. And also help create and develop interesting stories.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: I can normally manage 2 or 3.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty):
How about something sophisticated like this?

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? I was searching the forum one day and ended up here. Isn’t it funny how things work out?

:eek:

Wow..didn't see that one coming..I must warn you...I might be playing your daughter. ;)

Also, JRK, could you PM me on some basic, rough idea of what you plan to do. Deadshot will be visiting Gotham at one point, and I'd like us to meet.

Screen Name: Ifin ya'll look to the left Ah think you'll see something you want.

Character you would like to play: That would be telling. ;)

Powers: You'll have to wait and see, however Martial arts is a part of it. She knows her way around a sword.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Oh..she lives in the grey area's of life.

- I want to do something mysterious and add an actual mystery to the RPG. One which hopefully the Bat Family will pursue on the side and grace me with cameo appearences.

- I wanted to play someone different and dance around the law

- I wanted to be dark.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:
I can bring mystery and some feminine wiles, even if it is tearing a mans heart out. I also think I've been a strong RPGer for several years.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

I'll post as often as needed.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty): Oh...who says she'll be talking? Her weapons are pretty good..all of them.

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread?
BnK dragged me in on the first season....
still wondering if that was a good idea..

Accept me! :(

twylight said:
Also JRK..PLease PM me with ya'll plans for the Bat-Family, because I'd like to work my character into them, at least on a cameo basis, however I was hoping it would come to a head between her and Batman.

Harlekin said:
Also, JRK, could you PM me on some basic, rough idea of what you plan to do. Deadshot will be visiting Gotham at one point, and I'd like us to meet.

Done and done. :)

twylight said:

Screen Name: Ifin ya'll look to the left Ah think you'll see something you want.

Character you would like to play: That would be telling. ;)

Powers: You'll have to wait and see, however Martial arts is a part of it. She knows her way around a sword.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Oh..she lives in the grey area's of life.

- I want to do something mysterious and add an actual mystery to the RPG. One which hopefully the Bat Family will pursue on the side and grace me with cameo appearences.

- I wanted to play someone different and dance around the law

- I wanted to be dark.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:
I can bring mystery and some feminine wiles, even if it is tearing a mans heart out. I also think I've been a strong RPGer for several years.

I'll post as often as needed.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty): Oh...who says she'll be talking? Her weapons are pretty good..all of them.

BnK dragged me in on the first season....
still wondering if that was a good idea..

Accept me! :(

I'm, like, a GM now, right? Well, accepted.

Damn, that was exciting.

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Character you would like to play: Sinestro

Powers: Like the Green Lanterns, Sinestro has a ring which runs on his willpower, allowing him to create constructs and take many other actions. it's just that his ring is yellow and create yellow constructs. Which just so happens to be the Lantern's weakness. How handy.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Only to himself.

- Want to continue Sinestro on the path of learning what it takes to be a hero.
- Help bring order to a chaotic universe.
- I've got big plans for him.

I have already spent season 3 developing Sinestro. Now, with season 4, I hope to bring his plans to fruition.

At least once. More as needed and time allows.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty): This one.

Blame JB!

oh guys, could we do what we did last season, and have a synopsis on the front page? that would help out new people who want to sign up so much :)

and yes twi, i kid you now. i did sign up for the hype boards just so i could play with you.... wow, that sounds dirty now i've read it back.

I PMed the last of the synopsis for last season to Twy.

twylight said:
Okay, a few things you need to know..*okay one*

Black Canary died to save Nightwing in this RPG two seasons ago, and you might want to at least know that.

If you'd like to go undercover, I'm 'making' a mobster character.

Canary is dead,got it thanks.No need to after the idea JRK sent me just now about the Bat family Im just going to stick as Nightwing.

wiegeabo said:

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Character you would like to play: Sinestro

Powers: Like the Green Lanterns, Sinestro has a ring which runs on his willpower, allowing him to create constructs and take many other actions. it's just that his ring is yellow and create yellow constructs. Which just so happens to be the Lantern's weakness. How handy.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Only to himself.

- Want to continue Sinestro on the path of learning what it takes to be a hero.
- Help bring order to a chaotic universe.
- I've got big plans for him.

I have already spent season 3 developing Sinestro. Now, with season 4, I hope to bring his plans to fruition.

At least once. More as needed and time allows.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty): This one.

Blame JB!

yay :D

My goals for season IV:

1) Make Superman relatable and believable. Many current comics take the role of Superman as god amongst men, whereas what attracted me to the character was how mentally he is very much a man, who was gifted with powers and abilities far beyond those of most mortals. Yet he is still, essentially, a man, and his struggle is unifying his dual existence as both a mere mortal and a demi-god.

2) I want to do something unexpected and surprising with the Man of Steel this season. I've already told some people what it's going to be, but I look forward to showing the Man of Tomorrow in a different light.

3) Steel and Superboy will make appearances, as will Jonathan and Martha Kent and most of Superman's other supporting cast. Yes, even Bibbo Bibbowski. I want to tie the mortal to the immortal, essentially.

4) At the end, I want Superman to make a choice, and reclaim who he is.

Sentry2005 said:
oh guys, could we do what we did last season, and have a synopsis on the front page? that would help out new people who want to sign up so much :)

When this season is over, over, we're going to post the whole synopsis at the end of Season III's OOC thread and link it to this roster with a "Previously in the DC RPG" link in the roster and then we'll have room for synopsis's for this year. :)

Sentry2005 said:
and yes twy, i kid you now. i did sign up for the hype boards just so i could play with you.... wow, that sounds dirty now i've read it back.

Aww...turns out you do get to play with me....Dinah and Tony? ;)

The Question said:
I PMed the last of the synopsis for last season to Twy.

Thank you, by the way. It's lovely. I don't know what I would do without you. :)

*When does the Multiverse start again?*
*bounces on sofa*

twylight said:
*When does the Multiverse start again?*
*bounces on sofa*

As soon as a certain Kryptonian answers The Jester's question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"