The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season V Signup/OOC Thread

Does the "sample post" need to be in continuity? Or can it be a simple little stand-alone post? I've been puzzling over this for yonks. It's harder writing something short than something long!

No, just has to be a sample of you playing the character. If you want it to be in continuity you can, but not neccesary.

DC RPG Season V Application

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: John Henry Irons, Steel

Powers: Genius engineer with no powers;
Wears powered armor that endows him with superhuman abilities.
Wields seemingly indestructible mallet.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Justice League

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1) One of the few african-american superheroes

2) Shaq did not do him justice

3) Love the episode of S:TAS when he goes toe to toe with metallo

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I don't know how he has been portrayed in previous seasons but I'm going to make him a jaded superhero. I hope to have him feel the gap left by the "death" of Superman

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Once

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty): Gray, Franklin Gothic Medium

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?

I have AIM, MSN, and Yahoo messenger

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? seen it on the DC page

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in:

I hate this city, While Metropolis is the city of the future there is one section they always overlook, Suicuide Slums. The name implies that if you live there your better off killing yourselves. I want to change that, after Superman saved me he showed me what it meant to be a hero and I went and did something about it. My name is John Henry Irons and I am now the new Man of Steel.

sdr4.png

Screen Name: Keyser Soze

Character you would like to play: The Joker

Powers:
The Joker has no superpowers. However, he has a variety of comically-disguised weapons: razor-sharp playing cards, acid-squirting trick flowers, high-voltage electric hand-buzzers. A highly skilled chemist, The Joker invented his trademark weapon, Joker Venom. Used either as a liquid coating on weapons or as a laughing gas, Joker Venom quickly kills those exposed to it, contorting the victims' faces into horrific grins. But perhaps The Joker's deadliest weapon is his twisted, highly-insane mind, which makes his crimes impossible to predict.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):
The Joker's insanity makes him a highly unreliable ally. However, he has been known to align with other villains in the past. But his only true long-term partner in crime has been Harley Quinn, his on-and-off girlfriend/sidekick.

1) The Joker is the best supervillain in the history of comics, if not the best villain ever, of any genre.

2) I've been playing as him for the past three seasons, and want to continue building on what I've already done.

3) It's great fun playing as somebody as totally bonkers as The Joker.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

I want to bring The Joker back to basics this season, focusing more on the character, and what makes him tick. The overall aim is to make The Joker genuinely terrifying again.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
However much is needed. Ideally, at least once a day. But if I'm RPing with someone, it could be a lot more.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty):
DarkOrchid

MSN - [email protected]

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread?
A now-retired player in the RPG called nixonbat was chatting with me through PM, and suggested I join the DC RPG. I'd been with the Marvel RPG since the start, but it was midway through Season 2 before I joined the DC RPG.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in:

"Life's nothing but a joke."

The Joker was in a psychiatrist's office. He was lying stretched out on the sofa in the centre of the room, his legs crossed and his hands folded behind the back of his head.

"You know, I'm sick to death of this false, sanctomonious crap about life. "Ain't life keen? Life is oh so sacred! Woop-de-diddly-do!" HA HA! Makes me wanna puke. These drooling idiots say they love life, but they waste it, trudging around in their redundant little daily routines, bored out of their minds. Where's the excitement? Why can't they have any fun?"

The Joker sat up on the sofa, crossing his legs as he perched on its edge.

"Me, I realised long ago that you can play life's dull little game, and die old, used-up and pathetic. Oooooooooooooor, you can realise that life isn't sacred, it isn't great. It's nothing but a cruel, malicious, mind-shattering joke! A joke! A joke! A JOKE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

And then the laugh switched off like a light-switch. He stood up, walking towards the psychiatrist.

"I'm glad to see you get the joke too, Doctor."

The psychiatrist was dead. A lethal dose of The Joker's patented laughing gas. His head was lolling on his shoulder, his eyes rolled back in his head. The skin around his lips was pulled back into a monstrous grin. A grin returned in kind by The Clown Prince of Crime. With a flick of the wrist, he produced a Joker playing card.

"It's been a pleasure talking to you, Doc. My soul...feels cleansed! I'm cured! I don't think I'll kill anyone for...oh, a good five minutes. HA HA! If you'd like another session, feel free to give me a call. Here's my card. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

JokerManWhoLaughs.jpg

Alright people..so far these are theteams that have literally been thrown out there AND their known status:

Justice League of America
Status: Formed, looking for solidarity in formation and leadership, in need of Headquarters.

Members:
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Sinestro
Black Canary
Green Arrow

the rest are unknown/unconfirmed

Outsiders

Members: Unknown

Teen Titans

Justice Society of America

Which team is your hero aligned with?

Screen Name:Spider-Man9x17

Character you would like to play:Kyle Rayner aka Green Lantern (2814)

Powers: Kyle is the Torch Bearer and savior of the Green Lantern Corp. Once possessing the Ion power (and possessing it agains, but not in RPG continuity) Kyle possess the Power Ring of the Green Lantern Corp, the most powerful weapon of the universe. It's only limitation is the imagination and willpower of the user

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Green Lantern Corps and the Justice League of America

1) Kyle is the Torch Bearer, and while upholding the oath of the Corp, he brought an younger, new age feel to the group.

2) Kyle never gives up. He had the opportunity so many times to throw the ring away, but realized what a gift it was.

3) I love the Green Lanterns

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

I will be taking Kyle back some what to his roots and early days as a Lantern, and exploring more of his artistic side as well

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: At least once

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty):

Fixedsys Dark Green

AIM Screenname: HumanTorch917

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread?

Through joining the Marvel RPG over a year ago

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in: (I know this was my last post from Season IV, but I'm just so happy with it, I'll put it here too.)

Kyle dropped to his knees, burying his head in his hands.

"I should have never came back. Never. This place holds nothing but heartache for me."

Kyle couldn't help but remember his first fight as a Lantern. Against Mongul. The monster who had destroyed Coast City and finally allowed Parallax to gain the hold it needed on Hal Jordan. In a way, Mongul was the thing responsible for Kyle getting the ring. But he knew none of that at the time. He knew nothing of using the ring, or the Corps, or being a hero. He was way out of his league.

And who was there that day, to watch his back for the first time. To bail him out. To be the first hero to shake his hand in gratitude and friendship.

Superman. Clark Kent.

A sudden thought popped into his mind. Something Calrk said to him as he gathered up Mongul's limp form and flew away.

"You can be proud of yourself Green Lantern. Look me up next time you're in Metropolis."

And that was Superman in a nutshell. No matter what happened, there was always faith.

Now that faith fell to the other heroes of Earth.

The Torch Bearer. A name bestowed to Kyle so long ago. Now, it carried so much more meaning. For all the heroes. They were all the Torch Bearers now.

Slowly, Kyle picked himself up off the ground, the form of his costume shimmering back to his original, the one he had willed up that night on the beach with Alex.

Tonight, for some reason, it felt right.

And then, after wiping the last tears away, he went back to work. Saving people.

Because that's who he was. That's what he did.

KyleGlow.jpg

"In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night, no Evil shall Escape my Sight. Let those who Worship Evil's Might, Beware my Power, Green Lantern's Light."

Screen Name:Spider-Man9x17

Character you would like to play:Kilowog

Powers: Kilowog is a member of the Green Lantern Corp and possesess the GL power ring, the most powerful weapon in the universe. The ring will do and create whatever the user wills it to do. It's only limitation is the willpower of the user. (And yellow, but I don't think they habe that problem anymore.)

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Green Lantern Corps

1) Kilowog is one of the old time and most beloved Green Lanterns

2) He's a heavy hitter in the DC Universe

3) I love the Green Lanterns

I want to bring Kilowog in to beef up the Green Lantern Corp currently on Earth, and just have some good old fashioned fun. If the situation calls for it, he can also be the GL's "secret weapon."
How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Impact Dark Green

AIM Screenname: HumanTorch917

Through joining the Marvel RPG over a year agi

New recruits. Rookies. The best and the brightest. The future of the Green Lantern Corp....

....fresh meat.

Kilowog smiled. He took great pride in training the recruits, but he'd be lying if he said he didn't take at least some kind of joy from being able to toss them around and rough them up. If they wanted to be the protectors of the universe, they had to start learning to take the hard knocks early.

This was a pretty decent looking class. Half dozen students, split even with 3 males and three females.

He stood quietly in front of them, his massive shadow washing over the recruits and giving him the aurora of something larger than life.

"OK, ya little poozers," he finally said, his deep gruff voice resounding through the chamber, and causing no less than four of the recruits to shudder. "Yer here becuz the Guardians feel yer the best of the best. You've been deemed worthy to train with me, the man who taught Hal Jordan everything he knows. You've all heard of Hal Jordan?"

The students nodded, uttering not a word.

"Good, but I'll warn ya now. Most of those stories are way over exaggerated," he smirked, not letting up a chance to get a dif in at one of his best friends, even if he wasn't here to hear it.

"Now, this training in long, hard, and yer goin' to hurt. A lot. Everyday. But you get through this alive, and there aint nothin' in the universe you can't handle. I don;t think you'll have any problem though. In all the time I've been doing this though, I've only had three recruit drop over dead. And we're pretty sure two of them were for unrelated reasons."

He loved that joke. He loved the horrified looks of the students even more.

Kilowog stepped forward and cracked his knuckles.

"Shall we begin."

kilowog.gif

twylight said:
Alright people..so far these are theteams that have literally been thrown out there AND their known status:

Justice League of America
Status: Formed, looking for solidarity in formation and leadership, in need of Headquarters.

Members:
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Sinestro
Black Canary
Green Arrow

the rest are unknown/unconfirmed

Outsiders

Teen Titans

Justice Society of America

Any other teams ya'll wanna put up there?

Which character is your hero aligned with?

Nightwing joined the Outsiders, though his status as one remains unknown.

When Superman comes back... well, it doesn't really need to be said which one he'll be with. :o

Also, Spiderman9X17: Approved. :up:

Roy was a member of the Outsiders this season and also Checkmate.

Superman quite obviosly will be in the Teen Titans when he comes back. :o

Green Lantern said:
Superman quite obviosly will be in the Teen Titans when he comes back. :o

And you called me ******ed... :o

Green Lantern said:
No... ROY called you ******ed. As did Batman :o

You're the one always speaking through Roy's POV during our IM's. :cmad:

Kara will try to go back to the Titans, but with the current lineup, (namely Rose) that may not work so well...

Master Bruce said:
You're the one always speaking through Roy's POV during our IM's. :cmad:
I'd accuse you of being Dick-like in them, but you are nowhere near that cool... and thats sayin somethin. :unishr:

Franklin Richards said:
So... Wonder Woman.

Too good to be in the Justice League?

:gl: :gl: :gl:

Considering Diana's currently in an Amazonian prison cell, arrested by troops under her mother's command and about to be tried for an unknown (and, as of yet, uncommitted crime), it'd be pretty hard for her to be a member. But she'll get back to you once she's done. ;)

My Batgirl app will be up soon followed by my final season ender post in the old thread.

DC RPG Season V Application [/CENTER]

Screen Name: Superferret

Character you would like to play: J'onn J'onzz

Powers: Superhuman strength, speed and endurance, Invulnerability, Invisibility, Intangibility, Shape Shifting, Telepathy, Flight, Martian vision, single-use 'wish granting' power. (from Wikipedia)

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Justice League (reserve status)

1) The DCU is boring without him.

2) He's the best character I've ever played, and I want to stick with him.

3) The Justice League needs him.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I will be exploring J'onn's family life with his new family (that woman and her daughter that I introduced last season), and how he'll balance those relationships with his duties with the Justice League. He'll also be taking up a new role in the hero community. I'll also be playing with fourth-person narrative every once in a while (take a look at the sample for what that means).

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: At least once.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty): Bold Green

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name? AIM - superferret516 MSN Messenger - [email protected]

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? I forgotted...

IC: Dr. Emily Stevenson

It's been a month since we've arrived here, at this vast southern ranch he owned. How a man from Mars owns an old plantation, I'll never know, but he said this is one of his favorite places to think. It's beautiful though, I have to admit that, and it's a good place for Samantha and I to stay since we've left Gotham.

My mother's upset about me "running off" with J'onn. Granted, I've never been one to just go and live with any man I meet, but J'onn's different, and its not the green skin either (though I'm beginning to see the beauty in it). He's honest, more honest than anyone I've ever met, and he and Sami have some sort of unspoken connection. Right now, I'm looking out the big bay windows at the two of them, sitting on a wooden swing that was hanging off of a big old tree, and it makes me both happy and sad inside.

They're swinging back and forth slowly, watching the night sky. Sami's sitting on J'onn's lap, pointing at the sky, probably asking him what each star is. I remember the first time she did that. She pointed at Mars, and after a long uncomfortable silence, J'onn told us of his life on the red planet, and how his family came to be and how it all fell apart. I cried, but Sami just stared at him as he spoke, wide-eyed, and miraculously understanding everything he said.

I'm crying again, as I watch the two of them. Even though the relationship between J'onn and I has never progressed further than friendship (and I know we both want it to, but neither has the nerve to say it), he and Sami are perfect for each other. A father who needed a daughter, and a daughter who needed a father.

I decide to join them, and make this a real family.

byrd_man said:
DC RPG Season V Application

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: John Henry Irons, Steel

Powers: Genius engineer with no powers;
Wears powered armor that endows him with superhuman abilities.
Wields seemingly indestructible mallet.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Justice League

1) One of the few african-american superheroes

2) Shaq did not do him justice

3) Love the episode of S:TAS when he goes toe to toe with metallo

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I don't know how he has been portrayed in previous seasons but I'm going to make him a jaded superhero. I hope to have him feel the gap left by the "death" of Superman

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Once

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty): Gray, Franklin Gothic Medium

I have AIM, MSN, and Yahoo messenger

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? seen it on the DC page

I hate this city, While Metropolis is the city of the future there is one section they always overlook, Suicuide Slums. The name implies that if you live there your better off killing yourselves. I want to change that, after Superman saved me he showed me what it meant to be a hero and I went and did something about it. My name is John Henry Irons and I am now the new Man of Steel.

sdr4.png

Did I get approved?

Thank you. My next application will be up shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"