The "World Of Heroes" DC RPG Season V

Superboy.gif

Nancy entered Room 334 on the 4th floor of Metropolis General Hospital. It was the same routine every day. Only today, when she entered, the curtain had been pulled around Superboy's bed. Not thinking anything of it, Nancy asked, "How's my favorite patient doing?"

She, of course, did not expect a response. That's why she was not startled by the silence that answered her. If anything, she'd be shocked if the comatose superhero DID answer her. Nancy continued to go about her routine of cleaning the room and putting everything in its place.

Finally, she made her way over to Superboy's bed. She grabbed the curtain and pulled it aside. What she saw caused her to drop her clipboard. The bed where a comatose Superboy should be is now empty.

"Someone come quickly!" Nancy shouts. She runs out of the room and grabs the nearest orderly. "Come with me!"

Nancy leads the orderly into the empty room. By now, a crowd has gathered outside the door. A doctor pushes his way through the crowd to get in the room.

"What's going on here?"

All eyes fall upon the open window. The doctor walks over to it and peers out into the sky.

High above the skyline of Metropolis, I soak in all the sights and sounds of the city that I missed for so long.

Taking a deep breath, I exhale and announce, "Superboy returns."

225px-Kon-el.png

"Uhh, Kara. How about we split up. Take down all the biggest threats and be on the lookout for Cold, I know he's at the heart of all this. Be safe."

In the blink of an eye, I grab her by the waist and dip her down. Kissing her passionatley with my eyes closed. I break the kiss and look at Kara sheepishly.

"Sorry. I just always wanted to do something like that."

I speed off from her and crash into Inertia.
Kara's eyes go wide as Bart unexpectedly kisses her. Her face flushes as he speeds off to fight Inertia.

Big threats. Right. Focus girl. No time to go boy crazy...

She scanned the fight scene and saw one villain who she knew could do a lot of damage.

Replicant's probably as good a place to start as any...

replicant.jpg

"HEY YOU! Yeah, the one with the flamey fashion sense! Lets see what you got!"

She barrelled at him, smashing into him as he let off a cold blast that put a nearby car in a block of ice.

"Trying to give me the cold shoulder? Thats not very nice."

As she tackled him, the eyes on his near featureless face narrowed.

"How bout I lay some heat on you instead?"

Looking up at her, he snarled as he blasted her from him with a wall of flame.

"Didn't you learn from your buddy, the walking Mammoth killer, that I can cool things off?"

She blasted the flames off of her with a gust of superbreath, and turned her attention back to the man responsible. Only now, there were eight of him.

"Which of us is real, sister?"

"Judging by where the voice came from? You."

His emotionless eyes went wide as Kara's fist connected to his jaw with a resounding crack. She smiled as he crumpled to the floor.

"Don't try to fool someone with super hearing."

Luthor stares out the window in his bedroom and watches the rain begin to fall.

Looks like it's going to be a perfect day...perfectly reflects my mood. My numbers are way down...rumors of impeachement proceedings...I launched a nuclear attack on a country..Oliver Queen's numbers are rising with no end in sight....the SHRA has died a horible death...there isn't much else for me to do but just accept the inevitable defeat and quietly fade out of sight.

He starts to make a drink and then throws the glass against the wall.

Listen to me sounding like some cowering & defeated fool...I am not just the President...I am Alexander J Luthor...the toughest S-O-B who ever lived...I have driven Superman to the breaking point...the caped fools have never been able to send me off to prison..I have crawled out of the gutter and stood higher and taller than any man ever has..I have even beat Ras-Al-Goul.

He walks into the bathroom shaves his 3 day growth...showers and puts on his finest Armani suit.

Lex calls his cabinet together for a meeting and says, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a job to do and that is to serve the people of this nation. I realize for the last few weeks I have had the energy and motivation of dead gerbil. However today that all changes if you have family members tell them you won't be seeing much of them for a while. Because we have work to do. I'll be damned if we are not going down without a fight! To put it in simpliest terms..."

He smiles his evilest smile and says, "I'm back and this time I'm playing to win."

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

Kara's eyes go wide as Bart unexpectedly kisses her. Her face flushes as he speeds off to fight Inertia.

Big threats. Right. Focus girl. No time to go boy crazy...

She scanned the fight scene and saw one villain who she knew could do a lot of damage.

Replicant's probably as good a place to start as any...

replicant.jpg

"HEY YOU! Yeah, the one with the flamey fashion sense! Lets see what you got!"

She barrelled at him, smashing into him as he let off a cold blast that put a nearby car in a block of ice.

"Trying to give me the cold shoulder? Thats not very nice."

As she tackled him, the eyes on his near featureless face narrowed.

"How bout I lay some heat on you instead?"

Looking up at her, he snarled as he blasted her from him with a wall of flame.

"Didn't you learn from your buddy, the walking Mammoth killer, that I can cool things off?"

She blasted the flames off of her with a gust of superbreath, and turned her attention back to the man responsible. Only now, there were eight of him.

"Which of us is real, sister?"

"Judging by where the voice came from? You."

His emotionless eyes went wide as Kara's fist connected to his jaw with a resounding crack. She smiled as he crumpled to the floor.

"Don't try to fool someone with super hearing."

I speed through the battle field and watch as Jay kicks Thad's ass for good and Kara gives Replicant the buisness. I stop in the middle of the battle field and look around.

"Damn. Still no sign of Cold."

I go to speed off, but I don't. I feel so slow as I labor to make each step.

"What's wrong, Kiddy? Lost a step or two?"

The Turtle smiles as he stands about fifty feet away from me.

"Word of advice, son. Duck."

I turn around in time to see Double Down's cards slam into me and cut me up. I fall on the ground and roll in pain as the cards slice my skin.

"Thanks for the help, old man."

Double Down smiles as he increases the cards. Turtle stands by and watches to make sure I don't heal.

"Ahh!"

I feel one card slice my nose and I watch the blood pour out on the ground. It stings, along with the other two dozen or so cuts on my body.

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

I speed through the battle field and watch as Jay kicks Thad's ass for good and Kara gives Replicant the buisness. I stop in the middle of the battle field and look around.

"Damn. Still no sign of Cold."

I go to speed off, but I don't. I feel so slow as I labor to make each step.

"What's wrong, Kiddy? Lost a step or two?"

The Turtle smiles as he stands about fifty feet away from me.

"Word of advice, son. Duck."

I turn around in time to see Double Down's cards slam into me and cut me up. I fall on the ground and roll in pain as the cards slice my skin.

"Thanks for the help, old man."

Double Down smiles as he increases the cards. Turtle stands by and watches to make sure I don't heal.

"Ahh!"

I feel one card slice my nose and I watch the blood pour out on the ground. It stings, along with the other two dozen or so cuts on my body.
Kara heard the cry of her beau, and her head spun. She saw Double Down aiming more cards at Bart's neck.

"Hahahahahah!"

The cackle of the rogue sent shivers down Kara's spine. "NO."

There was the loud boom of the sound barrier breaking as Kara immediately appeared in front of Bart. Double Down's cards bounced harmlessly off her chest, and another boom preceded her appearing in front of the villain.

His eyes went wide with terror, as very few had seen the last Daughter of Krypton this angry. With one swift punch Double Down rocketed backwards and slammed into a nearby brick wall. He crumpled to the ground, unconscious as the Turtle tryed to start 'running' away.

"I don't think so, you bastard."

In a blink, Kara cut him off. Before she could hit him, he fainted.

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

Kara heard the cry of her beau, and her head spun. She saw Double Down aiming more cards at Bart's neck.

"Hahahahahah!"

The cackle of the rogue sent shivers down Kara's spine. "NO."

There was the loud boom of the sound barrier breaking as Kara immediately appeared in front of Bart. Double Down's cards bounced harmlessly off her chest, and another boom preceded her appearing in front of the villain.

His eyes went wide with terror, as very few had seen the last Daughter of Krypton this angry. With one swift punch Double Down rocketed backwards and slammed into a nearby brick wall. He crumpled to the ground, unconscious as the Turtle tryed to start 'running' away.

"I don't think so, you bastard."

In a blink, Kara cut him off. Before she could hit him, he fainted.

I watch with one eye open as Kara kicks Double Down's ass and makes Turtle faint out of fear.

"Thanks, babe."

With Turtle out, I can feel my wounds already starting to heal. In a few seconds time, I'm back to normal.

I zip next to a hovering Kara and smile.

"Back to normal."

I hear an explosion rip through the air, Magenta's flying through the air, throwing cars at Pied Piper as Piper trys to capture her with his song.

"Whaddya say? You take on flying chick and I take down the music man?"

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

I watch with one eye open as Kara kicks Double Down's ass and makes Turtle faint out of fear.

"Thanks, babe."

With Turtle out, I can feel my wounds already starting to heal. In a few seconds time, I'm back to normal.

I zip next to a hovering Kara and smile.

"Back to normal."

I hear an explosion rip through the air, Magenta's flying through the air, throwing cars at Pied Piper as Piper trys to capture her with his song.

"Whaddya say? You take on flying chick and I take down the music man?"
"You got it partner. Admit it though, you're just hoping for a catfight."

Kara stuck her tongue out at Bart and flew off towards Kane. Magenta took her attention off Piper as soon as she saw the Maid of Might coming.

Before Kara saw it coming, a double deck bus was flying her way.

"Great Rao!"

She dived under the bus and grabbed it by its rear axle to avoid any civillian casualties. Taking advantage of the Girl of Steel's heroic gesture, Magenta used her power to rip a nearby gas pump from the concrete, and chuck it at the young heroine. Both Supergirl and the bus exploded in a bright burst of flames and the firey wreckage of the vehicle shattered back down the road.

"Okay. NOW. I'M. P**SED. That. WAS. A. GOOD. CAPE."

Kara rose from the fire, capeless, but otherwise unscathed. There was a grim determination in her eyes. She was still holding onto the axle of the bus, now tipped with melted rubber and steel.

As she took back to the air, Magenta sent another car her way. With her free hand, Kara grabbed the Taurus by it's fender and kept flying towards her foe.

"Oh s**t."

As she said those words she was barely able to slow the car coming back at her. The force of the impact sent Magenta flailing to the ground and she passed out as her head hit the pavement.

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

"You got it partner. Admit it though, you're just hoping for a catfight."

Kara stuck her tongue out at Bart and flew off towards Kane. Magenta took her attention off Piper as soon as she saw the Maid of Might coming.

Before Kara saw it coming, a double deck bus was flying her way.

"Great Rao!"

She dived under the bus and grabbed it by its rear axle to avoid any civillian casualties. Taking advantage of the Girl of Steel's heroic gesture, Magenta used her power to rip a nearby gas pump from the concrete, and chuck it at the young heroine. Both Supergirl and the bus exploded in a bright burst of flames and the firey wreckage of the vehicle shattered back down the road.

"Okay. NOW. I'M. P**SED. That. WAS. A. GOOD. CAPE."

Kara rose from the fire, capeless, but otherwise unscathed. There was a grim determination in her eyes. She was still holding onto the axle of the bus, now tipped with melted rubber and steel.

As she took back to the air, Magenta sent another car her way. With her free hand, Kara grabbed the Taurus by it's fender and kept flying towards her foe.

"Oh s**t."

As she said those words she was barely able to slow the car coming back at her. The force of the impact sent Magenta flailing to the ground and she passed out as her head hit the pavement.

"C'mon, Hartley. Isn't this getting old? I mean, you commit a crime, we kick your ass, you go to jail, you get out of jail and repeat."

I spin around Piper, kicking up a whirlwind around the musician.

"Please, Kid Flash. Just calm down. You need to quit going to fast...why not, listen to the music?"

His flute starts to get into my head.

Come on, Son. Just take it easy...We all know you're fast, stop trying to prove yourself.

No, Piper get out!

My eyelids start to droop as I slow down to a crawl.

Get out of where? I'm not saying anything you already think, just lay down. Don't worry about how much of a dissapointment you are to all of them. How you let them all down.

My legs buckle as I close my eyes and fall face first on the ground.

Yeah, I think I will take a nap...

Following the young Flash's direction, and still not quite believing I am, I chase down the one he called Murmur. He turns down an alley and I follow. This one apparently uses traps. I shake my head at the thought, almost laughing at the idea of 'traps' being used against someone with a rin-

Like a rookie I fly into a tangle of wires. When the wires snap, a hail of metal arrows embed themselves into my forcefield, and gunfire errupts, spraying me with bullets. I'm not sure if this was meant for the Flashes, or for whomever these people are fighting, but when everything calms down, I can only feel angry at myself for walking into such an obvious tra-

A beep catches my attention just before the sides of the buildings I'm between explode. Tons of debris rain down, burying me.

The rubble explodes into the air, much of it vaporizing. I get back up on my hands and knees, cursing my overconfidence. I rise up fully to my knees, ready to-

A body smashes into me, rolling me along the ground. Ok, this is getting ridicules. When we finish rolling, I find myself on my back, a rather thin man with a grotesque mask on top of me, holding an impressive looking knife.

"Kll yu nw."

I cock my head to the side. "Sorry, I didn't catch that."

"Kll yu. Ct ut yr tnge."

He raises the knife in the air. I just look at him, curiously. He brings the knife down at my mouth, but it stops just shy of making contact. "Wht!?"

"Personal forcefield." A yellow hand extends from the over my mouth, knocking away the knife, and grabbing Murmur by the neck. "I'm afraid this is going to hurt you a lot more than you hurt me." I slam him onto the ground and watch as his body slips into unconsciousness.

I stand up and look around. "Who's next?"

I catch my breath for a few moments, taking the time to make sure Thaddeus is really down. Behind me is an explosion, and I can hear chunks of building fall to the ground. "It never stops, does it?"

I stand up to take care of this new situation when I hear faint musical whistles floating in the air. It's a sound I recognize. And for a moment I'm unsure where to go. But a flash of yellow light from the sound of the explosion tells me that situation is probably well in hand.

So I run off towards the sound of the music just in time to watch Bart fall to the ground. The Piper smiles smugly at himself, until the next moment when I've grabbed him by the throat in one hand, and hold his flute in the other.

"Stay away from my family," I say, my voice as hard as steel. I break his flute in half, then pummel him a dozen times. When he's sufficiently out of the fight, I let go and let him drop to the ground in a heap.

I stand there and look around. "Who's next!"

Cassie Sandsmark
Cassie grabbed her overcoat. It was raining. It alwas seemed to be raining. And she was bored. Then again she was alwas bored these days. So she had decided to visit Connor. That's what she always did when she was bored.

As she walked down the dark street, she stopped, and brought a bunch of flowers. Red roses. She always thought that his room looked a bit bare. As she walked a car drove past, through a puddle, covering her with water, She sniffed angrily.

Eventually she came to the hospital. She walked through the glass doors, into the cold clinical reception area. She looked at the receptionist.

"Erm. Excuse me. Which room is Connor Kent in? Its Cassie Sandsmark to visit him," she asked nervously. The receptionist looked at Cassie in shock.

"Didn't you get our message? Connor Kent is missing," she said sympathetically. Cassie dropped the flowers.

"I'm going to enjoy this, Lenny", stated the Top as he whirled in close to Cold and lifted him off his feet with a huge uppercut.

"This time, there won't be anyone to save you're sorry ass", continued Dillon with a sneer on his face, obviously irate, as he came in on Cold.
"You always were a second rate Rogue, Snart. It'll be good to finally put yo----"

Dillon's words were cut short as Captain Cold drew his foot around and swept the Top's ankles out from under him, causing him to fall right onto his chin.

"You know somethin', Dillon", said Cold as he stood and aimed his gun at his fallen enemy, "you talk too much."

Cold fired his pistol, the ray of freezing energy shooting out at the fallen Top. But the Top quickly spun on the ground and rolled out of the way just at the last possible second. Continuing his momentum, the Top spun right into Cold and leapt up, kicking him square in the jaw.

Cold was sent tumbling backwards as his gun was jarred free from his grasp.

"You know something, Captain", said the Top as he moved in towards the gun. Dillon picked up Cold's trademark weapon in his hand and rushed the Captain as he began to rise. With a heavy downward strike, the Top drove the butt of the gun into Cold's forehead, sending him back down the the earth, dazed.

"I do have a tendency to ramble from time to time", continued the Top as he struck Snart again, splitting the left side of his face wide open and spaying the street with blood.

The Top rose to his feet and kicked Cold hard in the ribs. Hard enough to lift Cold off the ground several feet and send him rolling into the nearby gutter. Standing several meters away, the Top aimed Cold's gun at the Captain and smiled.

"I think it's time I took your advice, Snart. Talk less and do more."

Cold groaned as he rolled to his back and stared down the barrel of his own weapon, the left side of his costume now a dark shade of red.

"Goodbye, Len", chuckled the Top, "it's a shame it has to end this way."

Cold gripped his stomach as he awaited the curtain to fall and the Top's smile turned into a scowl. Roscoe Dillon's finger gentle squeezed the trigger...and the gun exploded in a blast of blue energy.

Standing before Cold, the Top's face was fixed in his final grimace as he was completely encased in a block of ice, the gun and the hand that held it blown away.

Cold slowly rose to his feet, his hand coming off of the small button on his belt that set the weapon into a self-destruct mode. Looking around, Snart discovered a metal rod that was once a part of the parking meter and picked it up.
The Captain made his way to stand before the frozen Dillon and stared into his enemy's eyes.

"It'd be so easy to wipe you out right now", stated Cold to his frozen foe.
"But you'd just come back. Get yourself a new body like ya did after the first War, right Dillon?"

"No", continued Cold as he let the bar fall to the ground with a loud clang, "I think I'll leave ya right where you are. Not quite dead, but not living neither."

Cold began to look around once more, searching for something he could use. His eyes lit up when he saw it. An undamaged pickup with a large enough bed. A smirk came to the Captain's blood covered lips as he moved towards the vehicle to hot wire it...

"Hahahahahahahaha", laughed the Mirror Master as his glass form melted and cracked under the intense heat of the flame.

"Yer gonna have ta do better than that, Alice", smirked the other six McCullochs as they all gave Heat Wave the finger in unison.

"God damned, Scottish bastard", muttered Heat Wave as he loosed a spread of liquid flame that caught all of the Mirror Masters on fire, causing one to scream out in pain.

"Arrrrrrggggghhhhhh, it burrrrrrrnnnnsss!"

"Gotcha", smirked Heat Wave as he moved in to the McCulloch writhing around on the ground in agony.

"Don't worry, pops. It'll all be over soon", chuckled Heat Wave as he stood over the Mirror Master, his gun, with it's flames dripping from the barrel, aimed at his head...

Heat Wave fired a blast of searing flame at the already burned Mirror Master who was writhing on the ground in pain. As the fire engulfed the downed Scot...he began to crack and melt.

Suddenly Heat Wave felt a tap on his right shoulder. Heat Wave spun around to attack, but caught a fist straight into his jaw that spun him back the way he came.

"Hullo, Alice", smiled the real McCulloch as he pulled out a glass dagger and stabbed the stunned Heat Wave in his back left shoulder.

Heat Wave cried out in pain as the glass blade dug deep. He spun around again, trying to hit McCulloch with a spinning backfist with his gun. The Mirror Master ducked the wild swing though, and caught Heat Wave with a rising shot to his throat that sent the villain stumbling backwards. As the villain clutched at his throat with both hands, McCulloch calmly strode in.

"Tsk, tsk", the Mirror Master scolded with a shake of his head.

"Ye shouldn't leave yerself open like that", stated McCulloch as he reared back his leg and kicked Heat Wave hard in the groin, lifting the man off of his feet a few inches and sending him collapsing to the ground clutching his privates.

"That's...not...fair", Heat Wave managed to say as he rolled on the ground in pain.

"Fair", exclaimed McCulloch in surprise as he kicked Heat Wave's gun away from the downed villain's reach.

"Tis no such thing as fair in'a fight, lad", chuckled McCulloch as he grabbed Heat Wave by the collar and began to punch him repeatedly in the face. Shot after shot, blow after blow, McCulloch didn't relent until Heat Wave was practically out of it, his busted and bloody.

"Now, ya call yerself a Rogue yet ye side with that buffoon Dillon", stated the Mirror Master to his beaten foe.

"And ye have the gall ta walk around callin' yerself Heat Wave!"

"Mick Rory was a good friend o' mine, ya bleedin' ****",yelled an angry Mirror Master through gritted teeth.

"Yer not fit ta call yerself Heat Wave", screamed McCulloch as he yanked Heat Wave towards him and head-butted him hard in the nose, sending a spray of blood in every direction.

As Heat Wave groaned and fell limp, McCulloch let him go and allowed the villain to fall unceremoniously to the ground.

"Now ta see who the dead man is who was runnin' around impersonatin' me friend", stated McCulloch to himself as he reached down and ripped off the unconscious Heat Wave's mask.

McCulloch's eyes grew wide in astonishment and the Scot staggered backwards.

"What the...how...how can...", McCulloch stumbled on the words as he rose to his feet. As he stared at his fallen enemy, his eyes wide and mouth agape in disbelief, McCulloch's hand holding the mask weakened it's grip.
The mask of Heat Wave slowly fell down to land on it's owner's boot, wrapping itself snugly around it.

"How is this possible. Yer s'posed ta be dead", McCulloch said in a hushed tone as looked into the face of his foe.

It was a bloody mess, but there was not mistaking it. He had never met the man in person, but he heard Cold and the others talk about him and heard plenty of stories about his past exploits. He was one of the best, one of the originals. McCulloch owed this man a lot, for without him he would not be what he is today.

Yes, there was no mistaking his face.

McCulloch knew he couldn't kill him, not now. He had to get him back to Cold and the others. They would know what to do with him.
"C'mon, Alice", said McCulloch as he reached down and hoisted the man over his shoulder.
"We're off ta see the wizard."

Still unconscious, McCulloch's "prisoner" could not hear a word the Scot said. But, as if in reply, Sam Scudder, the first Mirror Master, groaned as the pair silently melted away into a nearby store window...

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

Following the young Flash's direction, and still not quite believing I am, I chase down the one he called Murmur. He turns down an alley and I follow. This one apparently uses traps. I shake my head at the thought, almost laughing at the idea of 'traps' being used against someone with a rin-

Like a rookie I fly into a tangle of wires. When the wires snap, a hail of metal arrows embed themselves into my forcefield, and gunfire errupts, spraying me with bullets. I'm not sure if this was meant for the Flashes, or for whomever these people are fighting, but when everything calms down, I can only feel angry at myself for walking into such an obvious tra-

A beep catches my attention just before the sides of the buildings I'm between explode. Tons of debris rain down, burying me.

The rubble explodes into the air, much of it vaporizing. I get back up on my hands and knees, cursing my overconfidence. I rise up fully to my knees, ready to-

A body smashes into me, rolling me along the ground. Ok, this is getting ridicules. When we finish rolling, I find myself on my back, a rather thin man with a grotesque mask on top of me, holding an impressive looking knife.

"Kll yu nw."

I cock my head to the side. "Sorry, I didn't catch that."

"Kll yu. Ct ut yr tnge."

He raises the knife in the air. I just look at him, curiously. He brings the knife down at my mouth, but it stops just shy of making contact. "Wht!?"

"Personal forcefield." A yellow hand extends from the over my mouth, knocking away the knife, and grabbing Murmur by the neck. "I'm afraid this is going to hurt you a lot more than you hurt me." I slam him onto the ground and watch as his body slips into unconsciousness.

I stand up and look around. "Who's next?"

I catch my breath for a few moments, taking the time to make sure Thaddeus is really down. Behind me is an explosion, and I can hear chunks of building fall to the ground. "It never stops, does it?"

I stand up to take care of this new situation when I hear faint musical whistles floating in the air. It's a sound I recognize. And for a moment I'm unsure where to go. But a flash of yellow light from the sound of the explosion tells me that situation is probably well in hand.

So I run off towards the sound of the music just in time to watch Bart fall to the ground. The Piper smiles smugly at himself, until the next moment when I've grabbed him by the throat in one hand, and hold his flute in the other.

"Stay away from my family," I say, my voice as hard as steel. I break his flute in half, then pummel him a dozen times. When he's sufficiently out of the fight, I let go and let him drop to the ground in a heap.

I stand there and look around. "Who's next!"

"Jay, I think that's all of 'em."

I sit flat on my ass and look up at him. He reaches his hand out and helps pull me up. Sinestro and Kara fly over to where we're standing and touch down.

"The fighting's over."

I look out at the debris and destruction the Rogues caused Keystone.

"God, the damage. This is almost as bad as what happened a few years back."

There's no sign of Cold, Top, or McCulloch. As always, they slipped away in all the chaos.

I rub the back of my neck and look around. We're a rag tag team to say the least, but as far as I know, nobody died and that's always a big plus.

"So. Do we call it a day or what?"

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

"Jay, I think that's all of 'em."

I sit flat on my ass and look up at him. He reaches his hand out and helps pull me up. Sinestro and Kara fly over to where we're standing and touch down.

"The fighting's over."

I look out at the debris and destruction the Rogues caused Keystone.

"God, the damage. This is almost as bad as what happened a few years back."

There's no sign of Cold, Top, or McCulloch. As always, they slipped away in all the chaos.

I rub the back of my neck and look around. We're a rag tag team to say the least, but as far as I know, nobody died and that's always a big plus.

"So. Do we call it a day or what?"
"Call it a day?"

Kara looked at the wreckage around them.

"Are you insane? Have you gone plum loco?"

Bart got a dumb founded look on his face as he scratched his head.

"Seriously, are you on crack, Bart?"

"Huh, what?"

"...We have three people who can break the sound barrier and one who can build s**t, and a city in ruins. Its time to get to work."

With that Kara disappeared and buildings started to seemingly repair themselves.

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

"Call it a day?"

Kara looked at the wreckage around them.

"Are you insane? Have you gone plum loco?"

Bart got a dumb founded look on his face as he scratched his head.

"Seriously, are you on crack, Bart?"

"Huh, what?"

"...We have three people who can break the sound barrier and one who can build s**t, and a city in ruins. Its time to get to work."

With that Kara disappeared and buildings started to seemingly repair themselves.

I scratch my head and nod.

"She's right, what the hell was I thinking?"

I turn to Jay and Sinestro and smile.

"Grab a hammer, boys. Time to go all Bob Vila on this town."

I follow close behind Kara, helping her with the buildings and roads at superspeed.

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

I scratch my head and nod.

"She's right, what the hell was I thinking?"

I turn to Jay and Sinestro and smile.

"Grab a hammer, boys. Time to go all Bob Vila on this town."

I follow close behind Kara, helping her with the buildings and roads at superspeed.
As they repaired the city, Kara looked at the young man beside her, and she smiled.

"I think it's time to blow this popsicle stand, Jay and Pinky there have it well in hand, and I want some alone time with you."

She picked him up and flew south, landing on a beach in Mexico.

I shake my head in utter confusion. "Bob Villa...?"

"Don't worry about it."
The Flash blurs, and when he solidifies, he's holding tools and building materials. "Let's get to work."

Before I can say anything, all I see are red, yellow, and blue blurs. The city seems to grow like a living thing. Like a garden, maturing at superspeed. I know I can't keep up with them, so I do the one thing I can.

A minute later I land several hundred tons of various building materials among the streets of the city. And even as I go to get more, the materials seem to shrink and disappear into thin air. As if the buildings themselves were absorbing them into their structures. It's an awe inspiring sight. And in less time than one could imagine, the task is finished.

"Looks like a job well done."

I cross my arms. "Indeed. It's a shame we can't do the same for the dead." A glum expression engulfs Garrick's face.

"I've thought the same thing more times than I care to count."

That's when we spy the young pair fly off into the sky, quickly disappearing from sight. "Where could they be off too?"

A sly smile returns to the old man's face. "Looks like Bart and I are going to have a talk when he gets back."

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

As they repaired the city, Kara looked at the young man beside her, and she smiled.

"I think it's time to blow this popsicle stand, Jay and Pinky there have it well in hand, and I want some alone time with you."

She picked him up and flew south, landing on a beach in Mexico.

It's been a few hours since we touched down in Mexico. Kara lays on the beach while I throw rocks into the ocean and watch them skip.

"Y'know, Kara. I've been doing some thinking."

"Bart? Think? Stop the presses."

I sit down next to her and shrug.

"What can I say? Anyway, what I was thinking was, maybe it's time we move this realtionship to another level."

God, I feel like a creep. I can feel the heat rising in my face as I start to blush.

"You know...a physical level."

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

It's been a few hours since we touched down in Mexico. Kara lays on the beach while I throw rocks into the ocean and watch them skip.

"Y'know, Kara. I've been doing some thinking."

"Bart? Think? Stop the presses."

I sit down next to her and shrug.

"What can I say? Anyway, what I was thinking was, maybe it's time we move this realtionship to another level."

God, I feel like a creep. I can feel the heat rising in my face as I start to blush.

"You know...a physical level."
"Physical like me throwing you through the nearest building?"

Before Bart could come up with a smart ass response, Kara grabbed him and kissed him passionately.

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

"Physical like me throwing you through the nearest building?"

Before Bart could come up with a smart ass response, Kara grabbed him and kissed him passionately.

My hear beast fast..fast for me, I mean so fast that it sounds like a shotgun.

With her superstrength, Kara throws me on on the sand and climbs ontop of me.

"Now this is the side of you I could really learn to love."

I lean up to kiss her.

It's early morning on the Mexico beach and there's not a soul around, except the two of us.

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

My hear beast fast..fast for me, I mean so fast that it sounds like a shotgun.

With her superstrength, Kara throws me on on the sand and climbs ontop of me.

"Now this is the side of you I could really learn to love."

I lean up to kiss her.

It's early morning on the Mexico beach and there's not a soul around, except the two of us.

Hours Later:

It's midday on that same beach. Bart and Kara are staring at the vibrant blue sky while laying in each others arms.

"It's so peaceful and serene here. So beautiful. Almost makes you forget how violent and dangerous the world is out there."

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

Hours Later:

It's midday on that same beach. Bart and Kara are staring at the vibrant blue sky while laying in each others arms.

"It's so peaceful and serene here. So beautiful. Almost makes you forget how violent and dangerous the world is out there."

The grin on my face is about two feet wide. I want to dance on the sand and sing, but I just stay there.

"I know, but I have to say. Having you here makes the view that much better."

I clear my throat and look around.

"Dammit. I hate to do this. But, I got to go. My shift at the library starts in a few minutes. I got a thing tomorrow, my graduation from high school. I'd mean alot to me if you could come. Would you mind coming?"

kidflashlogoqc4.gif

The grin on my face is about two feet wide. I want to dance on the sand and sing, but I just stay there.

"I know, but I have to say. Having you here makes the view that much better."

I clear my throat and look around.

"Dammit. I hate to do this. But, I got to go. My shift at the library starts in a few minutes. I got a thing tomorrow, my graduation from high school. I'd mean alot to me if you could come. Would you mind coming?"
"Of course I'll come, its an important day!"

She gave him another quick kiss.

"Now off to work you go, my boyfriend the librarian... we need to get you some cute glasses."

She stuck her tongue out at him and started to take off.

"I should get back to my patrolling anyway, see you tomorrow, Mr. Graduate."

With that Kara started to fly north.

I open the door, the familiar sight and smell of home makes me smile. "Jay?" And the sound of Joan's voice let's me know that everything will be all right.

"Yeah, it's me."

I round the corner and she's there waiting for me. We wrap our arms around each other and I hold her tight. For the first time in a long time, I feel like everything will be fine. "With everything that happened, I was worried."

I smile. "You always are."

"What did you expect?" she asks, returning my smile.

"That you'll always be here."

"Always," she says. We kiss, and I allow myself to fall into it. All the problems, all the pressures that had built up lately melt away. I just enjoy the moment, being with my wife, home and safe.

We pull away, even though I don't really want to. I lead her towards the living room. "Is Wally back?"

"Not yet. Iris just put the twins down. And I think she's catching a nap herself. Lord knows I could use one too."

I chuckle as we sit on the sofa. "I guess taking care of twins isn't so easy. Especially for those without super speed."

"Oh, you think you can do better?"

"I-I didn't mean-"

Joan pokes my in the chest. "Maybe Iris and I will go out tomorrow and see how you and Wally hold up with those two."

"No, wait. I didn't mean- I mean I'm sure that-"
I notice the sly smile on her face. "Guess I walked into that one."

"More like ran into it. At super speed."

"Heh. How about we all stay home tomorrow."

"Now that's an idea I can get behind." Joan lays her head on my chest and I hold her in my arms.

"Me too," I say, finally feeling some measure of peace. "Me too."

I float high above the newly rebuilt city, satisfied with our work. The people of this planet can breath safe once again. At least, until the next madman tries to destroy them. I still think killing them would be easier. But who says being a hero is supposed to be easy? It's a hard lesson I've had to relearn.

I consider what to do with myself now that the crisis is over. Now that there seems to be nothing left to do. Perhaps I should focus on reforming the League. The thought gives me pause. It's a goal left unattained far longer than I had planned. And every effort to bring the members back together has been frustratingly interrupted.

My thoughts momentarily move to the Justice Society. Granted I barely got to know them, but they seemed to be a tightly knit group. Scott and I fought well together. Power Girl and I seemed to have similar ideas of how to get things done. Even Garrick is a formidable ally. Perhaps joining them would be a wiser course of actioin.

But if I know one thing, it's that this planet needs all the groups it can get. And if no one else is going to reform the League, then I'll make damn sure it gets done myself. So I point myself towards Metropolis knowing that will be the best place to start.

"Sinestro of Korugar, The time has come."

I spin in the air, startled at the familiar voice. "Ganthet," I say to the projection.

"Obviously,"the giant floating head replies.

"And what time has come, exactly?"

"The time for your judgement."

I'm at a loss for words. My eyebrows couldn't be any higher on my face. My eyes couldn't be any wider. "M-My...judgement? What the frak does that mean?"

Ganthet sighs, choosing to ignore my obscenity. "It is time for the Guardians to determine your fate."

"And what fate would that be?"

"Two possible paths are before you. On one, you remain free to continue along your path to bring order to the universe."

"I like that path."

"If we find you insincere in your convictions, or lacking in your development, you will find yourself on the second path."

"Meaning?"

"You will be returned to the Central Battery. Imprisoned for all of time."

"..."

"Now you understand the seriousness of the situation. Make ready. Gather allies in your defense. We will come to you when preparations are made."

"What if I feel I need more time? Don't I have a say in this?"

"...No." With that, Ganthet's head vanishes, leaving me to continue on my way to Metropolis in contemplation of my situation.

And determine who my allies really are...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"