The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I listen to Jordan's words, strong arms break through my field and grab me in a lock from behind.

"You heard the man, Sinestro, give it up. This isn't who you are."

Marvel gets Sinestro's field to drop, and I take advantage of it, grabbing Ted, and getting him to the others.

"Jay! What's going on?! I thought Sinestro was trying to help now. Where the hell are we?"

"Hewas.Deathstrokekilledyou.SinestrogotontheLeague.GotbackontheLanternCorps.BecameParralax.Andjustbroughtyoubacktolife."

"...So...a typical Sunday, then."

I struggle in Marvel's grasp. "You're wrong. This is who I've become. Who you've helped me become." I reach back, putting my hands on either side of Marvel's head before releasing a blast. He loses his grip and staggers.

"It's the magical residue your lightening left in my ring that's let me use it in new ways." I punch Marvel, sending him crashing into Wonder Woman. "It's the lessons I learned as a part of the League that taught me how to truly save the universe."

I turn around. "And you, Jordan, most of all, are why I can do this. The fundamental difference between me now and when you were Parallax, I have you as an example. I know all the mistakes you made. I know how not to let the power control me."

As I listen to Jordan's words, strong arms break through my field and grab me in a lock from behind.

"You heard the man, Sinestro, give it up. This isn't who you are."

Marvel gets Sinestro's field to drop, and I take advantage of it, grabbing Ted, and getting him to the others.

"Jay! What's going on?! I thought Sinestro was trying to help now. Where the hell are we?"

"Hewas.Deathstrokekilledyou.SinestrogotontheLeague.GotbackontheLanternCorps.BecameParralax.Andjustbroughtyoubacktolife."

"...So...a typical Sunday, then."

I struggle in Marvel's grasp. "You're wrong. This is who I've become. Who you've helped me become." I reach back, putting my hands on either side of Marvel's head before releasing a blast. He loses his grip and staggers.

"It's the magical residue your lightening left in my ring that's let me use it in new ways." I punch Marvel, sending him crashing into Wonder Woman. "It's the lessons I learned as a part of the League that taught me how to truly save the universe."

I turn around. "And you, Jordan, most of all, are why I can do this. The fundamental difference between me now and when you were Parallax, I have you as an example. I know all the mistakes you made. I know how not to let the power control me."

"The biggest mistake I made.... was believing you'd changed."

I blast Sinestro with a burst of emerald energy, knocking him backwards. I'm hopelessly outmatched when he has the power of Parallax behind him, but somebody has to stop him.

"You're dressing it up, but it's the same old Sinestro. Only you know how to make the world better - better meaning more like how you want it to be - and to hell with anyone who thinks otherwise."

"The biggest mistake I made.... was believing you'd changed."

I blast Sinestro with a burst of emerald energy, knocking him backwards. I'm hopelessly outmatched when he has the power of Parallax behind him, but somebody has to stop him.

"You're dressing it up, but it's the same old Sinestro. Only you know how to make the world better - better meaning more like how you want it to be - and to hell with anyone who thinks otherwise."

I stagger under the attack, and return in kind. "You fool, Jordan. I knew you'd react this why. But I truly am a changed man. With this power, I could wipe you all out with a thought. You know that better than anyone."

Jordan fights back, but I quickly grab him in a large hand and slam him to the ground, morphing the hand into a cage. "But I don't want to do that. I don't want to kill. I want to save lives, I want to make things right."

I feel a dozen attacks from behind. The Guardians have regained their senses. I put up a shield to hold them off. "You went too far. You tried to change everything. Rewrite the entire universe in your image. But I don't. I want to leave it intact, but better. Imagine it, Hal. Your father, never crashing when you were a boy. Still alive now. But your life still turning out just the way it did. As a member of the Corps. With Carol and your son. I can bring back everyone I've ever hurt. Every life I've ever taken. That anyone's ever taken."

I take a step closer. "Let me do this. Let me make amends to the universe."

Last edited:
I stagger under the attack, and return in kind. "You fool, Jordan. I knew you'd react this why. But I truly am a changed man. With this power, I could wipe you all out with a thought. You know that better than anyone."

Jordan fights back, but I quickly grab him in a large hand and slam him to the ground, morphing the hand into a cage. "But I don't want to do that. I don't want to kill. I want to save lives, I want to make things right."

I feel a dozen attacks from behind. The Guardians have regained their senses. I put up a shield to hold them off. "You went too far. You tried to change everything. Rewrite the entire universe in your image. But I don't. I want to leave it intact, but better. Imagine it, Hal. Your father, never crashing when you were a boy. Still alive now. But your life still turning out just the way it did. As a member of the Corps. With Carol and your son. I can bring back everyone I've ever hurt. Every life I've ever taken. That anyone's ever taken."

I take a step closer. "Let me do this. Let me make amends to the universe."

In spite of myself, I think of my father, alive again. I think of a contended life both within the Corps and as a family man, with the shadow of my disgrace and death, of the lives I took, no longer hanging over me.

"No."

I realize now that all the experiences in my life, even the awful ones, are what made me who I am. Running away from that, trying to undo it and reshape the universe into something safer and more favorable? That would be giving into fear.

"You always thought being a Green Lantern meant imposing your own will upon others, deciding what was best for the universe because you knew better than anyone...when it should always have been about protecting the free will of the universe. The universe is what it is, flaws and all, you don't get to make amends to it. You're not God."

I press against Sinestro's construct by forming an expanding green bubble around myself, but his yellow cage holds.

"You want to become a tyrant again, that's your decision. But don't look to me for approval. I'm not going to tell you it's okay, that you're still a good person. You're not. You're a monster, and no matter what lies you tell yourself about how noble and pure your motives are, you are still doing this for selfish purposes, so you and you alone can be the great saviour. I'm not going to stand by and let you do this, so you're going to have to kill me. C'mon, get some blood on your hands, and show us all what you're really all about."

I shake my head with sympathy. "You still don't understand." A squad of Lanterns breaks through my line of constructs, pressing their attack against me. My blood starts to boil. "None of you do!"

I reach out, tendrils of energy swarming out from my fingers, encompassing the Lanterns. I rip the energy directly from their rings, and into myself. The now powerless Lanterns fall to the ground hard. They'll live.

"I'm not trying to impose my will. I'm trying to impose the free will of all. I'll fix every tragedy everyone has experienced. If the Guardians truly cared for the life they supposedly protected, they'd do the same."

"No, we would not!" I spin around, facing off against Ganthet, the other Guardians floating angrily behind them. "We protect order, we don't impose it."

"If that is what you truly believe, then you are all delusional." I point at them accusingly. "You decide what the rules are. You create a Corps to impose your will on the universe. The only difference between what you are and what I used to be is a matter of degree. What I am doing now, that's how the universe can be saved."

"End this, Sinestro. You are not too far gone. Purge yourself of the power of Parallax. Jordan once did it. You can as well."

"I know I can." I grab the Guardians in tendrils of power. "But I don't want to." I clinch my fist and the Guardians shake violently as I pull the ♠light from them.

"I'll save the universe once I take your power." I extend my other hand, swathing the entire Corps, draining their rings. I glance at Jordan, and my light grabs him.

"All of your power."

I wake up all of a sudden; my head is ringing intensely as Sinestro's bright yellow light shone and knocked me out within seconds. I shake my head trying to get my vision back to one hundrend percent focus but as I look around I see very few Lanterns, except for one. The woman called Arisa.

"Sodam...Sodam Yat!!!"

She says to me wounded as she crawls she rises her hand for my help, I walk quickly to catch it and put my arm around her shoulder for support. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, little hurt...nothing I can't handle. But.....the Corps need you now, Ion is probably the only thing right now that can help us fight Sinestro if the Guardians fail...."

It then strikes me in a moment as I look back and see the destruction of Oa yet again. Parallax has come back and this time, with embedding Sinestro in it's web; I lay down Arisa on the floor and make a construct for her to lie down on.

"Do you know where they went?"

"They went to Earth.....the ring will have the co-ordinates."

"Thank you. Just relax, I'll come back once this is all over."

I fly up to the skies with my ring on my finger, not wanting to waste any amount of Ion I may need to battle the embodiment of fear. "Ring, charge?"

RING POWER AT 45.66%

"All I'll need......set transportation portal for Planet Earth, Sector 2814."

I shake my head with sympathy. "You still don't understand." A squad of Lanterns breaks through my line of constructs, pressing their attack against me. My blood starts to boil. "None of you do!"

I reach out, tendrils of energy swarming out from my fingers, encompassing the Lanterns. I rip the energy directly from their rings, and into myself. The now powerless Lanterns fall to the ground hard. They'll live.

"I'm not trying to impose my will. I'm trying to impose the free will of all. I'll fix every tragedy everyone has experienced. If the Guardians truly cared for the life they supposedly protected, they'd do the same."

"No, we would not!" I spin around, facing off against Ganthet, the other Guardians floating angrily behind them. "We protect order, we don't impose it."

"If that is what you truly believe, then you are all delusional." I point at them accusingly. "You decide what the rules are. You create a Corps to impose your will on the universe. The only difference between what you are and what I used to be is a matter of degree. What I am doing now, that's how the universe can be saved."

"End this, Sinestro. You are not too far gone. Purge yourself of the power of Parallax. Jordan once did it. You can as well."

"I know I can." I grab the Guardians in tendrils of power. "But I don't want to." I clinch my fist and the Guardians shake violently as I pull the ♠light from them.

"I'll save the universe once I take your power." I extend my other hand, swathing the entire Corps, draining their rings. I glance at Jordan, and my light grabs him.

"All of your power."

I immediately come to the battle field and see Sinestro wearing a costume that resembles the one Jordan wore when inhabiting the Parallax creature- I then also look down on the ground and many fallen Corps members over whelmed by Sinestro's power and Jordan himself being attacked by Sinestro. Flying straight towards Sinestro, I remember my Daxamite DNA evolving because of Earth's yellow sun so I fly faster than a speeding bullet and attack Sinestro with nothing but my fist.

"No, you will not take these Lantern's powers Sinestro!"

He looks at me in confusion having no clue who I am; and I answer his question as my eyes glow bright red and green.

"My name is Sodam Yat...I have only been with the Corps for a few months, but I have a power that will even make you feel true fear! "

803452-ion010_super.jpg

"Ring, request immediate access to tap into Ion power!!"

PERMISSION GRANTED

I smile and look at Sinestro, "Al right, let's do this!" I then send out a massive blast of emerald energy straight towards Sinestro.

The distraction provided by Sodam Yat is all I needed. With Sinestro occupied trying to defend against the Ion attack, I'm able to break free from the cage construct. The power link between myself and Sinestro is still connected, I can still feel my power draining. I need to concentrate, muster all my willpower to restore my ring's energy. But it's not me I should be worried about. The Guardians. If Sinestro gets their power....

No, I can't just take my own power back. That's not going to stop him. I need to take the source of Sinestro's power away from him too. If I had to think of the last thing in all of existence I would want to do, it would be this, but I have no choice.

I have to become Parallax once more.

"Sodam, I'm glad you're here," I say to him as he beats on Sinestro, "If this goes wrong....you're the only one who'll be able to kill me."

And then I concentrate, focusing all my will on the link between myself and Sinestro. I search deep within, until I find it, nestled deep down in Sinestro's blackened heart. Parallax. It bristles as it senses my presence. We will always have a connection now. I focus on it, I call to it. I close my eyes and I think of all the terrible things Parallax made me do. I feel fear.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!"

1109304-parallax_hal_1.jpg

Sinestro has vanished, hollowed out into oblivion, with the empty shell of his ring clattering to the ground. And now, hovering over him, I stand. I'm not Hal Jordan anymore.

1109294-hal_4_super.jpg

I'm Parallax.

"Mmmmmmmmmm, now where was I?"

The power link Sinestro established with The Guardians now exists within me. Yes, I can finish what he started, but do it right! Drain The Guardians until they're dry, and use their power to reshape the universe. Sinestro is a monster, a tyrant, but me....I can do it right. I can be the new Guardian of the Universe! I can cast aside all the corruption and the bureaucracy and I can make the Green Lantern Corps just and fair. I can bring order to the universe, and those who would seek chaos and destruction will FEAR the symbol of the Green Lantern Corps...

NO!

Fight it, fight it Hal! You can beat this.... this thing inside you. Don't let it obliterate who you are again!

Oh listen to yourself. You're delusional! It wasn't me that made you murder your friends and screw up the universe. I was just along for the ride. It was you, it was all you. You went crazy when Coast City got nuked. You're still crazy. Man without fear? No, you throw yourself into danger because you're afraid of what you're capable of, you're afraid of how you'll hurt the ones you love, you're afraid of living!

But I'm not afraid of you.

"YAT! Blast me!"

Sodam does just that, hitting me with a shot of Ion energy that hurts like hell, but does much more damage to Parallax. I can feel him coiling and writhing in agony under the unbearable lightness of Ion's pure green light. That's the opening I need.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF ME! I DON'T NEED YOU!"

With a scream of exertion, I cut all the power links with The Guardians and the other Lanterns, and redirect it all back into the Central Power Battery. I expel everything, every last morsel of emerald energy coursing through my body, back into the Central Power Battery. And I send Parallax back with it. Back into his prison, where he'll stay.

"I call....for a retrial...."

And then I slump in a heap, facedown on the ground.

Last edited:
I do not know who this new Lantern is, nor do I care. I can feel raw power surging through him that may even rival my own, but that's all his is: raw power. There's no finesse, no control, just raw emotion.

The Guardians choosing this individual to contain such power is just more evidence against their ability to do what is right.

"My name is Sodam Yat...I have only been with the Corps for a few months, but I have a power that will even make you feel true fear! "

"Hardly." I catch his attack with both hands and push back, green energy colliding with green energy. But yellow tendrils extend from my ring, catching Yat by surprise. I quickly swing him around in a wide arc and slam him against the ground. He bounces and skids a few times, landing near Jordan.

"Sodam, I'm glad you're here," I say to him as he beats on Sinestro, "If this goes wrong....you're the only one who'll be able to kill me."

Kill him? Jordan lashes out with an attack that I quickly counter. But it's only then I realize what his plan is because, instead of feeling his energy join my own, he tries to pull the power from me.

"No. You. Don't."
What passes for seconds for the others feels like an eternity within our struggle of wills.

And the struggle continues for some time. Both Jordan and I have been considered the greatest Green Lantern. Our indomitable wills a testament to that title. And it appears our wills once again shall be tested. But before the truth of whose will is greater can be resolved, I feel a change. And it takes me a moment to realize what is happening.

Parallax is leaving me.

You traitorous bastard! I shout in my mind. But all I hear is laughter as the energy hungers for the one it used to control. The one it has a stronger connection with. I focus my will to keep it contained within, but fighting against both Parallax and Jordan prove too much. And I quickly feel all the energy I've gathered from the Battery and other Lanterns fade.

You've made the most costly mistake of your life, Jordan! I mentally yell at him. Together, we could have made the universe perfect for everyone. No suffering, no evil, only peace and joy for us and those we love. And no matter what it takes, I will make sure that happens.

And then I let go. Release all the energy I've collected. If Jordan want the treacherous beast, he can have it. There's always another way.

And as the energy fade, so do I. And soon all that is left is a yellow ring that drops harmlessly to the ground.

"Ugh....."

I pull myself to my feet, regaining my bearings just in time to see one of The Guardians slink away with Sinestro's discarded yellow ring. First they try to get the blue ring, then they take the orange ring, now the yellow one? Are they trying to get a collection or something?

"Sinestro...?"

"Gone, Hal Jordan."

"And Parallax is contained once more."

I look down. My Green Lantern uniform is gone, and I'm in my civilian attire. I remember that I burnt out every last morsel of energy in my ring to carry Parallax back into the Central Power Battery. All around me are my fellow Lanterns, and my earthbound compatriots. I see a mixture of emotions. Relief. Shock. Confusion. Rage. Fear. What just happened here is a lot to process...

"The Green Lantern Corps was almost destroyed all over again."

"Thanks to you, that was averted."

"For that you have our gratitude, Hal Jordan."

"You're welcome. You can all buy me a drink later, but for now there's work to be done. We need to try and learn more about what Sinestro was planning - did he have any accomplices? We also need to take a serious look at all these other corps that are springing up. My friend is a Blue Lantern. We've been at war with Red Lanterns. I met an Orange Lantern. The Star Sapphires have rings now, they're tapping into the violet light on a whole new level. And recently I heard something about Sodam Yat encountering the Indigo Tribe?"

"Enough."

"Now is not the time..."

"But we can't ignore this any longer! The awakening of Parallax marked the return of the yellow light! That's all 7 colors of the emotional spectrum back in play. We need to start thinking that this Blackest Night prophecy of yours might actually mean something. We need to face it, confront it, try to stop it..."

"What do you mean by we?"

I look around at the assembly in the courtroom.

"We. The Green Lantern Corps."

"But you are no longer part of the Green Lantern Corps."

I blink a couple of times with confusion, not having a clue what they're talking about. I let out a little laugh.

"Uh....excuse me?"

"Do you forget your own passionate words?

"If Sinestro proved unworthy of a ring, then you should not be a Green Lantern either."

"If Sinestro proved to be guilty, then you should be locked up alongside him."

My own foolhardy words rise up to sting me. I was stupid to say them, so naive, so blind to the fact that Sinestro had not changed, that he'd fooled us all. But I still didn't expect The Guardians to take my word so literally.

"It was your words that swayed us, your words that let him get so close."

"You were closest to him, you should have seen something was wrong."

"Sinestro is not hear to be punished, so you shall carry his punishment instead."

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"Hold on, this is bullsh..."

"Hal Jordan of Earth, you are hereby stripped of your membership of the Green Lantern Corps."

"And you shall be held in our custody until a date is set for your trial."

"Alpha Lanterns.... arrest him!"

Boudikka and the Alpha Lanterns make their move towards me. But then one Guardian seperates himself from the group, positioning himself between the Alpha Lanterns and me.

"Stop this madness!" Ganthet shouts, "If it were not for Hal Jordan we would all be at the mercy of Sinestro and Parallax!"

"Brother Ganthet, your judgement cannot be depended upon on this matter."

"The stink of human emotion hangs heavy on you."

"You are outvoted on this matter 11 to 1."

"No," a female Guardian says, moving forward to stand alongside Ganthet, "Ganthet is right. Hal Jordan deserves better."

I say nothing. The Guardians have made it clear they're not interested in listening to me. I appreciate Ganthet sticking his neck out for me, but I doubt it'll do much good.

"It matters not."

"You are still a minority."

"It is decided - Alpha Lanterns!"

"Please," I say to Ganthet and his female friend, with a motion to my friends in attendance indicating I am directing this at them too, "Let them make me their scapegoat. There's no good us all ending up in sciencells. I can handle this. I'll make it right."

Reluctantly, Ganthet moves away, and my hands are secured behind my back with glowing green shackles by the Alpha Lanterns. I take one last look at my friends. The only one close enough to speak to is Jay Garrick.

"Tell Carol not to worry, I'll be okay."

And then I'm led off, out of the courtroom and down the darkened passageway that leads me to the sciencells. Boudikka roughly shoves me into an empty sciencell - probably the one being kept aside for Sinestro - and it seals shut behind me. And here I am, a prisoner of Oa, a criminal. A Green Lantern no more.

TO BE CONTINUED...

ARKHAM ASYLUM

"He's back. He's baaaaaaaack...."

Despite the mild inconvenience of his incarceration, The Joker was a happy man. After all his suffering, all his loneliness.... his hard work had paid off. He'd saved Batman, brought him back and helped him rediscover who he was. Batman was back from the dead. And now the game could start all over again.

Oh, yes, this was wonderful! What fun they would have! But once he got out of here, he needed to cook up something special. He couldn't be complacent, he couldn't let ol' Batsy think that they had some kind of understanding, that they could go easy on each other. No, nothing like that. He had to raise his game, push Batman and the world he valued so much to the brink of madness...

And then, it came. The light of inspiration. It zoomed through the hallways of the asylum and crashed through the wall of his cell. It bathed him in its yellow light.

<JOKER OF EARTH, YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO INSTIL GREAT FEAR...>

JokerSinestroCorps2-1.jpg

<WELCOME TO THE PARALLAX CORPS.>

TO BE CONTINUED!

On Oa, after everyone's back on earth:

Pang

Splash

Ting

The yellow ring bounces around in it's reinforced confinement. Created by the Guardians themselves, the emerald field, constantly maintained by three Alpha Lanterns, barely flickers. Over and over it slams against the field as if seeking something.

And then it suddenly stops. Hovering in the center of the field. The sudden change barely registers with the Alpha Lanterns. Until it shrinks itself, imploding into nothingness.

The Alpha Lanterns looks at each other for a moment before dropping the field.

"We must warn the Guardians..."

On Earth:

"Those blue-skinned sons of bi-!"

"Carol," I interrupt, nodding my head at the child in her arms.

She looks at Martin and bites her lip. The purple ring on her finger glowing brightly. Martin squeals in delight and entertains himself with trying to pull it off Carol's finger. "I have half a mind to fly there right now and shove a violet rod right up their arrogant blue a-"

"Carol!"

"And of course Hal has to play hero and give himself up."

"He said not to worry, that it'll be ok."

"Oh, of course he did. Just fine, he says. Locked away in a cell on Oa with god knows how many enemies he put in there himself, all ready to get a piece of him." She sighs and rubs her forehead. "And Sinestro turned evil again?"

"Well, he certainly didn't think he was evil. Thought he was going to save the universe. Even brought Ted back."

"I'm grateful he did, but, come on, save the universe by becoming it's tyrant? That beyond insane."

"Hal tried to do it once."

"Well, yeah, but that was...different..."

"Who are you trying to convince?"

"You're sticking up for Sinestro?"

"I'm...giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he actually did change. But he went too far, or let the power get to him, or...just made a bad choice. I don't know which."

Carol sits there with Martin, creating a violet toy for him to play with. "Is Sinestro dead?"

"Not sure. But I doubt it would matter if he was. Death seems more like a...vacation these days."

That actually gets a brief smile out of her. "So what now?"

"For now, you take care of Martin. And I go back to Keystone to catch up with what's going on with Wally. And we hope the League can do something for Hal."

She gives me a slightly mischievous grin. "Prison break?"

I grab my hat and stand. "Heh. I'm sure they'll call you if that's what they're planning. See you later, Carol."

"Bye, Jay." I run out the front door. "...so they kicked Guy out of the Corps..." Carol snorts as she tries not to laugh at the thought.

Elsewhere on Earth:

Mary closes the front door behind her and puts the keys on the table. Samantha runs inside the house, leaving Mary to carry all the groceries. Samantha's instantly through the back door and climbing onto her swing-set. Mary puts the bags on the counter, turns, and barely stifles a scream.

"Hello, Mary."

Floating before her in the living room of her house is a familiar yellow ring. And projecting from that ring is a familiar shape.

"Sinestro?" The ring must just have appeared, she think to herself. There's no way Sam or her could have missed this. Or, maybe it was keyed to only activate for her?

"If you are seeing this projection, then...my plan, everything I had been working towards, has failed." Mary puts her hand to her mouth, fearing the worst. That the Guardians found him guilty, and...

"I was found innocent, and remade a member of the Corps."
She gasps with relief, not realizing she had been holding her breath. The pride in Sinestro's voice fills her with a small spark of hope.

"But I may have gone too far...or not far enough. I am not yet sure. But, suffice it to say, I am no longer around."

"What does that mean?"

As if answering her question, the projection continues. "I will not lie to you...I may be dead. But if there was a way out, be sure that I have taken it. And whatever it takes, no matter how long or what I must do, I will return to you. And if I truly am dead...then know that I have loved you like no other. You and Samantha represent a part of my life I thought I would never have. I am grateful for everything you have shared, and keep you with me wherever I am."

Mary has no words, but the tears on her cheeks speak volumes. "I love you, and even if I have to defy the universe itself, I will return." The projection fades. The ring lingers a moment longer, and then launches itself through the open back door.

Samantha runs back inside excitedly. "Did you see Uncle Sinestro's ring? ...Mommy, what's wrong?"

When they poured across the border
I was cautioned to surrender,
This I could not do;
I took my gun and vanished.

Qward

Arkillo was a terrifying creature. A savage carnivore and barbarian from Sector 674, his whole home planet lived in constant fear of his presence. This was why he was one of the first beings in the universe to receive a yellow ring. Because he had the ability to instil great fear. He was not only welcomed to the Parallax Corps, but given a very important duty. To train new recruits.

“Listen to Arkillo, pathetic worms! Under my command, you will know fear. I will make fear your one and only friend, your lifelong lover, and fear will replace your filthy ****e of a mother. Know fear, feel fear, and only then can you become its master!”

“Heh.”

Arkillo spun round, furious. Who dared interrupt him by laughing? A puny Earthman, standing at the end of the line.

“Is something funny, earthworm?”

“Heh heh heh heh ha ha ha ha ha.....”

Then it started. With his ring, the white-skinned earthman began to form elaborate constructs that towered over the assembled inductees. Terrible, nightmarish things that cannot be explained. It was simple to him, like second nature – he was simply illustrating the thoughts that routinely ran through his own mind. Arkillo was a master of fear, he was hardened and experienced. This is perhaps why he was the only witness to those images whose sanity was not instantly broken. The rest? Soon, they were all laughing along with The Joker.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

I have changed my name so often,
I've lost my wife and children
But I have many friends,
And some of them are with me.

Streaking through the skies of Earth, a purple comet breaks through the planet's atmosphere and scorched past the moon. The man at the center of the ball of energy is Guy Gardner, formerly of the Green Lantern Corps.

The former Lantern streaked past the moon in the violet light as he headed towards deep space. The ring now planted on his finger was not a weapon of will power, but a tool of a stronger power. The power of love.

An old woman gave us shelter,
Kept us hidden in the garret,
Then the soldiers came;
She died without a whisper.

All around me, reality blurs and morphs, taking the form of worlds I've never seen, but all of which look so familiar. I'm adrift between worlds, between entire Multiverses, with no way of knowing where I will come out...if I ever come out at all.

Being lost and alone against impossible odds isn't exactly new to me, though. I steel my nerves as I plummet through everything and nothing, and I make myself a vow.

I will stop Zod...

I will bring back Kara...

...and above all else...I will find my way home...

There were three of us this morning
I'm the only one this evening
But I must go on;

My name is Hal Jordan. I used to be a Green Lantern. Now I’m a prisoner, a criminal, a scapegoat. I sit in the sciencell, staring hard at the floor and blocking out the catcalls and threats streaming in from the various other cells around me. After all I’ve done, all I’ve fought for, this is my reward from The Guardians. They lock me up here, and refuse to recognise the fast-approaching threat of The Blackest Night. I close my eyes, and a series of images flash before me.

Atrocitus barking orders at his seething, raging horde of Red Lanterns.

Larfleeze hunched in his dark, squallid lair, cursing me for not returning his ring.

The Indigo Tribe wondering what role they have to play now, having set Ion free.

Dinah Lance at home, with a blue ring, and no idea what to do with it.

Carol Ferris patrolling the cosmos as a Star Sapphire, and my son left alone and crying.

Sinestro. Out there, somewhere. Waiting...

There is so much on the horizon. But with all the will in the world, how can I do anything about it when no one wants me to?

The frontiers are my prison.

A breeze blew through Gotham City, catching Batman's cape and sending the cloth fluttering through the wind. The vigilante, perched on the edge of a rooftop, observed the city from the breath-taking height of the skyscraper he was planted on. Somewhere in the city, a scream pierced the night. In a matter of seconds, Batman disappeared as he leapt through the air.

His job was never done.

Oh, the wind, the wind is blowing,
Through the graves the wind is blowing,
Freedom soon will come;
Then we'll come from the shadows.

Not a sound could be heard on the streets of Oolong island. What was once an island paradise of unrestricted free thought and boundless thought has disappear. What remain was an unrecognizable husk of nightmares.

Every nook, every crack, every space, and deep below the island a single cancerous thought started to spread. Reality was sick, the universe was broken with this singe thought. Slowly, entirety was be pulled together and fall into itself into a single image of darkness. The devil of the cosmos, the bane of freedom, and the messiah of ignorance has fallen onto this Earth and his forces will be unleash upon the whole of all-being.

For there is a new god and deep below the island his hell cackles with pure black light. His willpower filtered in reality, his willpower made flesh. A robed man walks up to a lumbering figure in a chair. Machines are hooked up to him, prepping for the final phases of his entrance. He bows before the New God and awaits his new creed.

Oh, the wind, the wind is blowing,
Through the graves the wind is blowing,
Freedom soon will come;

darkseid-gives-the-thumbs-down.jpg

Then we'll come from the shadows.

TO BE CONTINUED... IN SEASON VIII!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"