Comics The WORST Spidey Pics thread!

spiderosb1.jpg

Ok..this pic is 'ok' i guess...but if any of you havwe read the actual issue then you'd know how crappy the artwork is.

Kyle Hotz, feel shame!

:down

You know, I'm not sure why people are posting images from bad stories.

Wasn't the whole point of the Batman thread (from which this was derived) that images were either a.) horrible, horrible illustrations, or b.) taken completely out of context in such a way that it was humourous?

Posting pictures full of the context from a crappy story isn't funny, it just makes us go, "Yep, once again, that story sucked. Again. Yep. Still sucking." It's just ripping open old wounds.

Sigh.

I dont think the story behind the issue should count. I mean worst spidey picture should just be that. Not the story behind it.

storyteller said:
I dont think the story behind the issue should count. I mean worst spidey picture should just be that. Not the story behind it.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Captivated said:

I'll agree with this one... why bother having web-armpits when your lats are so huge you could easily glide to a lower surface under your own power.

Doc Destruction said:
One man's trash is another man's treasure. Agree to disagree then?

Change the "man" to "woman" and you have a deal. :)

nice call posting the above pic, captivated^. looks like spidey overworked his back at the gym (??) Thats the only viable explanation.lol

arachnid-guy said:
Exactly what I was thinking.

where were you guys when i was saying all this stuff a page or two back and gettin my butt kicked for it.

Captivated said:
I took "worst" to mean bad art... or any portrayal of Spider-Man that is sub-par on some level.

I agree, it doesn't really apply to subject matter. Some of my FAVORITE Spider-Man pics came from that infamous issue of Sin's Past...

Here are some that are truely bad, goofy, etc...

spiderman.jpg

Spiderman040.jpg

Spiderman153.jpg

Spiderman154.jpg

venom_vs_spidey_colored.jpg

MJ should never look like a total hag... and when I find some of the current SSM pics of her, I'm going to add them here too.

badmary.jpg

For some reason, I think Spidey looks cool with black, shiny eyes. More buggish I suppose. As for the others, I totally agree. Who drew the top one?

MyPokerShirt said:
where were you guys when i was saying all this stuff a page or two back and gettin my butt kicked for it.

I WAS there, man!

oh wait, no I wasn't. But I stood up for you with the whole zipper thing, didn't I? Hm...did I? Well, now I would have!

horriblehorrible.jpg

Peter, after being kissed by....Liza Menelli??

that reminds me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit when he thinks its Jessica Rabbit, but turns out to be the crazy toon lady

Humberto Ramos is to Spidey what Kelly Jones is to Batman... Exaggerated, hyperstylized, and hated by many. Me, I love Ramos but I'm not a fan of Jones. My favorite artists lean towards being cartoony, JR Jr., Ringo, etc.

imdaly said:
horriblehorrible.jpg

Peter, after being kissed by....Liza Menelli??

Eww, just what you need. A sweaty, blotchy teen throwing theirself at you.

Actually it does look as though a teen Peter crossdressing and not much like a girl.

All story qualms aside...

HesBehindEverything.jpg

Peter looks constipated in that splash.

I actually really really like Ramos' style of art. At first it was like,''Dude,take anatomy lessons'' but after I warmed up to it,I realised it is actually really cool. I even like Gothic Matrix Ock.

Any picture featuring Spider-Man in his "Iron Spider" suit is among the worst images of him ever, in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"