• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wrestling Thread Is Like A Sexy Piñata...A VERY Sexy Piñata! - Part 237

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course not, it's the time of year for 50 year old men to get big pay days, for Brock Lesnar to do a 10 minute match where he does the same move 15 times in a row, and for Vince to break out the tissues and lube for the next great installment of the adventures of Roman Reigns with a side dish of more Cena title excitement.

Meanwhile Owens will wrestle Jericho for a title that's not been worth the sweat on Tully Blanchard's body hair for 20 years, Rollins will be tasked with making the Son in law relevant and Ambrose will play shoots and ladders with a bunch of mid carders. F**k knows what AJ will be doing, probably working with the middle aged son of the senile owner.

Don't forget the Big Show vs Shaq, a guy who's had pretty much every job except pro wrestler (basketball player, TV host, cop, actor, rapper, business owner, investor, old people product salesman, etc)

Man, they really went out of their way to make sure you realize Roode didn't really win that match. :funny:

Hopefully this means Shinsuke's heading to the main roster

Yeah, this looks like an obvious rematch situation. Nakamura's title reigns have been odd to say the least.

Why not they booked joe cs finn rematch and joe vs shinsike right away. I expect to see Roode vs shinike at the wm takeover show.
Exactly what I was thinking. Especially with that ending.

Not surprised that Asuka retained. I expect her to drop the title though at Takeover: Orlando and then head up to the main roster.

I think she loses via Triple Threat, so this way, she remains strong and invincible on her way up to the main roster.

NXT Tapings for next week were held during the pre-show......

This guy had a match that will air next week in his debut:

_93586304_tylerbatewithukctlogo1.jpg

This guy had a dark match before the show:

12142016_UKCarWash_5516b.jpg

I get why people have a problem with AJ vs Shane but my thinking is this: IF it happens then AJ is still in a good position because: A) Both Shane and AJ are really over. B) It's a Shane McMahon match so WWE will promote it as a big deal C) AJ can easily carry Shane to a good match. Not that I don't want AJ in the title match, but if we get Cena vs Joe then I'd be pretty happy, and I'm not nearly as down on Taker vs Cena as others because it seems like the only "legend vs legend" match that doesn't feel like automatic **** unlike Brock vs Goldberg III.

Joe vs. Cena is a better option that Taker vs. Cena.

And for the firs time ever, for me at least, a WWE event is better than a UFC event. That UFC event tonight was boring.

I just don't think Cena vs. Taker is happening and its not really being talked about. All I keep hearing now is Taker vs. Roman which is worse.

Taker vs. Roman is interesting, just for the dramatic tension inherent to the match. The crowd heat on Roman would be nuclear, and while the audience doesn't want Taker to lose, half the crowd would expect that outcome because of Roman's booking. You can't write that kind of suspense.

I won't be sad if Taker vs Cena doesn't happen. I just don't understand how anyone on any board, Facebook group, or YouTube channel can defend the apathetic Brock Lesnar facing a guy, that very clearly cares about delivering a good match to cap off his career, but NEVER EVER had a good match without his opponent being in top form and in the same breathe act like Cena vs Taker is a bad idea. If I felt confident that Brock is willing to go the extra mile to deliver a truly badass brawl with Goldberg then maybe I'd look forward to it. The negativity on the internet for Cena vs Taker is way worse though and I find that odd.

Last edited:
Lesnar has apathy because he so wants to fight in the UFC again but can't.

I won't be sad if Taker vs Cena doesn't happen. I just don't understand how anyone on any board, Facebook group, or YouTube channel can defend the apathetic Brock Lesnar facing a guy, that very clearly cares about delivering a good match to cap off his career, but NEVER EVER had a good match without his opponent being in top form and in the same breathe act like Cena vs Taker is a bad idea. If I felt confident that Brock is willing to go the extra mile to deliver a truly badass brawl with Goldberg then maybe I'd look forward to it. The negativity on the internet for Cena vs Taker is way worse though and I find that odd.

A lot of internet wrestling fans are still under the delusion that Cena is a bad wrestlers, despite 5+ years of evidence that clearly says otherwise. At this point I'm dying to see Cena against Taker, Joe, Nakamura, Balor, and Roode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"