The Wrestling Thread Is The Wrestling Thread 365 Days A Year! - Part 249

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Evil, I did a little more research on Bravo. Not a lot, but from what I can tell, he does this a lot. However, before it was mainly for the bodybuilding and fitness world. Here, his antics bled over to wrestling industry.

But he apparently pulled the same con artist schtick going back a while. He's got evidence, he's producing facts and evidence when in fact has no actual facts at all.

Maybe he saw some invoices or texts, but he fails to really deliver on anything he promised. He's a phony and a charlatan of the worst order. He dangles the carrot like he's going to be this insane whistle blower. But he has no whistle to blow.

It's pretty obvious why people gave Jon Bravo so much attention. People were desperate for some skeletons to come out of Roman Reigns' closet and for Reigns' career to take some damage right before WrestleMania. The people who hate Roman Reigns I mean. That's the main reason this Bravo scam got so much traction.

I will laugh so much if the evidence he does have on Roman was from Early 2016, in which Roman was suspended for 30 days.

I see him as a struggling filmmaker desperate for any attention so that the big wigs in Hollywood can pay attention to him.

Newest WWE Hall of Famer:

[YT]nJ0dfAREvAc[/YT]

Looks like the rumors about Bam Bam Bigelow were wrong.

Looks like the rumors about Bam Bam Bigelow were wrong.

He could still be inducted as they have yet to have one posthumous induction. But if not, when was the last time a WWE Hall of Fame Class had their inductees all still alive?

2013. Ironically, the same class Bigelow was originally supposed to be inducted in. Him or Bulldog need to go in already.

Last edited:
66224455_wrestlemania-35-press-conference_062.jpg

She's one of the few main eventers who WWE is properly booking these days. Her recent storylines with Asuka and Nia have been very well done.

PW Insider says that Henry will be the final inductee. Hopefully this means that we'll see a Mark Henry Triple Threat in 2K19. I've already done a John Cena Triple Threat, A Triple H triple threat and a Six Man Sting Match which also included NWO Sting.

Looks like it wasn't Bam Bam's year.

However, not everyone can go in every year. Mark Henry is very deserving.

Looks like it wasn't Bam Bam's year.

However, not everyone can go in every year. Mark Henry is very deserving.

He is.

When was the last time the WWE Hall of Fame had all of their inductees alive anyways?

It will be interesting to see who headlines next year. It could possibly be Taker since I don't think The Rock (for whatever reason that is) wants to go in.

I'm not 100%, but I think another forum said 2013. So it's been a good five years or so.

For those who haven't watched Impact Wrestling when the 'Broken' Hardyz were on there, at the Hardy Compound:

[YT]5CbqtnI2VrM[/YT]

So USA Today, Rolling Stone, NBC Sports and ESPN broke the Hall of Fame announcements. I'll be curious to see if one of those breaks the WWE Hall of Fame announcements for The Rock and Batista or if it will be Variety or the Hollywood Reporter.

I don't know why WWE bothers to announce it ahead of time. Its more meaningful when they make the announcement on RAW before the tribute video plays.

I don't know why WWE bothers to announce it ahead of time. Its more meaningful when they make the announcement on RAW before the tribute video plays.

While I agree with you there, if they announce the Rock as a headliner next year, I would think that the WWE would tell the Hollywood Reporter or Variety "we would like for you to announce that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson will headline the 2019 WWE Hall of Fame Class in New York" so that they can get major publicity for next year's WWE Hall of Fame, which would probably sell out in minutes if Dwayne was to headline. Out of the two, I think Variety would be the one to break the news of Dwayne's induction next year if it happens.

This class is solid and I can't really complain. Jarrett was going in eventually anyway, so the outrage comes off a bit silly on that front. Yeah, a lot of people aren't fans of his, but Jeff has done plenty to justify his induction.

supercard-tagtitles.jpg

ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Briscoes (c) vs Jay Lethal and Hiroshi Tanahashi

Current card (TV spoilers)
Cody Rhodes vs Kenny Omega

ROH World Championship:
Dalton Castle (c) vs Marty Scurll

ROH World Television Championship Last Man Standing:
Kenny King (c) vs Silas Young

ROH World Tag Team Championship:
The Briscoes (c) vs Jay Lethal and Hiroshi Tanahashi

ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship Ladder War:
SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky) (c) vs The Young Bucks and Flip Gordon

Women of Honor Championship:
Winner of Kelly Klein/Mayu Iwatani vs winner of Sumie Sakai/Tenille Dashwood

Adam Page vs Kota Ibushi

Punishment Martinez vs Tomohiro Ishii

That card is STACKED and they haven't even booked Matt Taven, Minoru Suzuki, Motor City Machine Guns, Chuck Taylor (Barretta is hurt), Will Ospreay, or anyone from CMLL.

This class is solid and I can't really complain. Jarrett was going in eventually anyway, so the outrage comes off a bit silly on that front. Yeah, a lot of people aren't fans of his, but Jeff has done plenty to justify his induction.

I wonder who the headliner could have been had Goldberg not returned to the WWE and isn't on as good of terms with them as he is now. Would it have been Taker? The Rock? Batista? None of those three seem like they want to go in just yet so if it wasn't one of those three and there wasn't Goldberg, who was it going to be?

I wonder who the headliner could have been had Goldberg not returned to the WWE and isn't on as good of terms with them as he is now. Would it have been Taker? The Rock? Batista? None of those three seem like they want to go in just yet so if it wasn't one of those three and there wasn't Goldberg, who was it going to be?

It seems like Goldberg had to be the headliner this year. His star power is undeniable regardless if I was a fan or not. I really do appreciate what WCW did with him. The guy was the one they needed and he connected with most fans. I was boo boo face about Sting fizzling out and wasn't willing to accept Goldberg, to compound that, the Bret injury, and comments he made during and after his first WWE run bugged me. I just don't think Goldberg fandom was in the cards for me but much respect to him for the impact he had.

ROH Supercard
****ing Ladder War?! Damn! Awesome.

If they don't open up any more seats (and I hope they do, because I think they can sell them), they'll have just about 5,800 fans there. 2,300 more than their previous record.

They want to make sure all those fans go home with a positive impression of ROH.

It seems like Goldberg had to be the headliner this year. His star power is undeniable regardless if I was a fan or not. I really do appreciate what WCW did with him. The guy was the one they needed and he connected with most fans. I was boo boo face about Sting fizzling out and wasn't willing to accept Goldberg, to compound that, the Bret injury, and comments he made during and after his first WWE run bugged me. I just don't think Goldberg fandom was in the cards for me but much respect to him for the impact he had.

The most common opinion was that Goldberg's last WWE run was better than his first, which I had no doubt this was the case. Plus the fact that his relationship with the WWE is better now opens the door for future appearances.

Wrestling with Wregret's Brian Zane did a video on Goldberg's first WWE run and in one of his gaming live streams he said that Bill's second WWE run was so much better.

Batista was the original headliner, but he turned them down. He doesn't want to to go in until he feels his wrestling career is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"