The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandy's pretty good on the stick, though she's clearly had a lot of promo coaching.

The Wrestling Thread Is All Dead! All Dead! All Dead!

I don't know why they waited so late with Bray and the Hardy's. That was so common sense from the start of the Hardy's entering the WWE. Vince is so out of touch!

Part of me wanted to see Absolution attack Asuka so that she can go absolutely psychotic next week, coming out without the dancing, the mask or the robe with this psychotic look on her face. But I am happy with the outcome tonight.

Matt Hardy walks like he's always injured.

Also, that might have been my favorite promo from Bray because the delivery felt less forced.

Ring of Honor TV has another new home. Starting this week it will air on Stadium, a new over the air sports network. It will air every Wednesday night at 11 PM Central time.

It will also air on the network's live web feed, their Android/iOS/TV apps, and their Pluto TV feed.

Current ways to watch ROH TV:
-Sinclair Broadcast affiliates every weekend (should soon grow to cover 72% of US)
-rohwrestling.com, free worldwide every Thursday or every Monday for Ringside members
-Fite TV, on both their app and website every Monday for free worldwide
-Charge TV every Sunday night, including their live web feed
-Stadium TV every Wednesday night, including their web feed, apps, Pluto TV, etc
-Fight Network every Tuesday night in Canada
-Sports One every Friday night in Portugal
-DSports every week in India

Even if they don't get on WGN, which I believe they will soon, ROH TV will soon be the most widely available wrestling show in the US. As soon as the Sinclair/Tribune merger goes through they will be in more homes than WWE/USA Network on broadcast TV alone, to say nothing of cable or internet feeds.

I hope they do come to WGN. It'd be nice to watch it on my huge tv, rather than my puny ass phone.

I hope they do come to WGN. It'd be nice to watch it on my huge tv, rather than my puny ass phone.

Just use the Fite app to cast it to your TV, or use a desktop/laptop to watch on www.fite.tv. Free either way.

Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks are apparently so confident in ROH that they're going to front the costs for the promotion to run a 10,000+ seat venue in 2018:
The Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes are planning something big for 2018. Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the Bullet Club members are in talks with multiple venues to put on a 10,000 seat event.

As you may recall,The Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer tweeted earlier this year saying ROH wouldn’t sell out a 10K seat show “any time soon” and Cody responded saying he’d “take that bet.”

Sources tell us the wrestler has been dedicated to making it happen since, so the trio recently decided to take things into their own hands by self-financing the event — which is tentatively being called “All In” — and things have been rapidly progressing the past few weeks towards an official announcement.

Cody tweeted a photo last weekend showing the group on a scouting mission with Marty Scurll.

We’re told the current front-runner locations for the show are Chicago, London, San Francisco and Ontario, California (where Bullet Club’s WWE invasion took place).

Our sources say Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson and Rhodes are looking to partner with ROH, who they have exclusive domestic contracts with, but it’s unclear if an official deal has been worked out yet.

Cody’s “Spend it Now, Make More Later” catchphrase has never been more appropriate.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/cody-bucks-self-finance-10k-seat/

ROH was already booking a huge venue for Supercard of Honor but with their ring, lighting, and video setups it looks to be somewhere in the 5,000-7,500 seat range.

Going full 10,000 would be nuts, and that would be more than ECW or TNA ever drew including when TNA ran Bound for Glory in the UK.

They would be the only domestic promotion besides WWE or WCW to draw 10,000 since the death of the territory system.

Part of me wanted to see Absolution attack Asuka so that she can go absolutely psychotic next week, coming out without the dancing, the mask or the robe with this psychotic look on her face. But I am happy with the outcome tonight.

If they attack Asuka, its gonna be like what Steve Martin says about comedy, it won't be pretty.

If Mandy Rose keeps a good head about her, I think she's going to be a huge star.

She came off like a star in the making whenever I saw her on NXT.

DPtsbFxXcAAi6Dq.jpg

Sounds like The Bullet Club is confident they can run a 10,000 seat arena.

Zack Ryder needs a repackage. The Jersey Shore frat bro thing has got a bit stale.

From tonight's NXT tapings:

New Tag team champions:

promo-redragon-kyle-oreilly-bobb-1024x576.jpg

- Shayna Baszler makes her NXT debut when she chokes out Kairi Sane and stares Ember Moon down.

- Johnny Gargano wins fatal four way to become #1 contender for NXT Championship when he pins Aleister Black after Undisputed Era attacks Black.

Last edited:
DEFY Wrestling (probably one of the best produced indies) is joining the Global Wrestling Network, and looks like it is going to be one of the new regular showcased promotions along with NOAH, AAA, Crash and BCW on IMPACT! going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"