The Xavier monologue - why isn't it in the movie?????

yes :up:

not exactly the same thing though....maybe they got the idea from it....

Yep, the unused trailer...

Perhaps not the same, but the same idea.

015ej1.jpg

020mj.jpg

Have you all notice the different cell-thinguy in that scene? it has some spikes on it, I bet it is the 'problem-people-don't-know-that-are-being-unleashed-with-the-cure'.

I think we'll have a good dose of surprises... That cure is not only a cure...

Spidey 2007 said:
yes :up:

not exactly the same thing though....maybe they got the idea from it....
Probably.It wouldn't have hurt to have the cerebro door at the end of the sequence. *sighs*

Oh my... youre kidding me... it doesnt open with the cerebro door camera wipe? That is SO EASY to do... that is baffling to me too. Hell they could even add it to the dvd. Such a simple way to tie it in with the first two in a very subtle psychological way. These are easy points Ratners forfeitting.

You know, after watching X2 tonight, I'm kind of glad if there isn't a monologue. Hear me out. We had one in X1 and X2, but Jean closed X2 with another. To me, that puts the cap on the monologue situation. We've seen all four sides of the problem: good mutants, bad mutants, good homosapiens, bad homosapiens. There's no need to preach to us anymore about the factions out there. We know.

X3 is the war and as such cannot be introduced with a monologue. Monologue's are cut and dry explanations of events and people. War is not cut and dry. It is a gray area (no pun intended) of violence and "non-thought." If the factions in X3 were to actually talk through their problems, then we wouldn't have a war and we could introduce the movie with some sort of reasonable explanation. The cathedral scene is a good case in point when Magneto relates WWII to the current situation. The mutant who wants to talk things out is practically silenced by Magneto. As the preacher with experience he easily converts the mutants with his commanding voice and determined actions. He needs no reason to convince, his passion is enough. There is no reason in war, only action and reaction.

Retroman said:
Probably.It wouldn't have hurt to have the cerebro door at the end of the sequence. *sighs*

well we know the cerbro door is in now! :):up: :up:

Boiiinng said:
You know, after watching X2 tonight, I'm kind of glad if there isn't a monologue. Hear me out. We had one in X1 and X2, but Jean closed X2 with another. To me, that puts the cap on the monologue situation. We've seen all four sides of the problem: good mutants, bad mutants, good homosapiens, bad homosapiens. There's no need to preach to us anymore about the factions out there. We know.

X3 is the war and as such cannot be introduced with a monologue. Monologue's are cut and dry explanations of events and people. War is not cut and dry. It is a gray area (no pun intended) of violence and "non-thought." If the factions in X3 were to actually talk through their problems, then we wouldn't have a war and we could introduce the movie with some sort of reasonable explanation. The cathedral scene is a good case in point when Magneto relates WWII to the current situation. The mutant who wants to talk things out is practically silenced by Magneto. As the preacher with experience he easily converts the mutants with his commanding voice and determined actions. He needs no reason to convince, his passion is enough. There is no reason in war, only action and reaction.

ya know what, i was thinking the SAME EXACT THING...i liek hey... jean actually closed this out... there was a reason to have those monolouges... and it was jean... only thing i can think of xavier saying at the beggingin of X3 is " jean died so this is rather useless, but they want me to talk here in this empty space to fill continuity holes..... "

:O

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"