The Zombie RPG - IC Season Thread

~He watches the vehicle stop at the mall and zombies move in. He immediately starts yelling into the FM radio, worried that they don't see them!~

"Watch out! There are lots of em right behind you! I wouldn't try to go to the mall, thats a heavily visited place! Get out of there!"

~He then starts to describe where he is, and his predicament. Then switches radio channels to the AM band, and tries again. He then patiently awaits a reply, his radio on scan, so if anyone transmits on any station he is likely to hear it, except in the HF band.~

[IC - Thomas Mullaney]

'Yep...I hate awkward silences.'

He jabs at all the knobs and controls on his radio.

Static...static...static....more static. Nothing on any of them. Nothing until he chances on one broadcast.

'....lots of em right behind you! I wouldn't try to go to the mall, thats a heavily visited place! Get out of there!'

Static again.

'What was that? Can you get it back? I think someone could see us.'

Jack flicked through all the stations again. He picked up another broadcast. It was the same voice.

'Can you make that out?'

'Yeah something about being on a roof in town... He looks at Thomas.. Oh bad place no. You want to go save the guy right?'

'Well if it means bashing in some heads..?'

'Ha ha now your talking.' Jack shouts at the radio, knowing full well he cant be heard. Hang on buddy we're coming to help ya dude.'

[IC - Thomas Mullaney]

'Yep...I hate awkward silences.'

He jabs at all the knobs and controls on his radio.

Static...static...static....more static. Nothing on any of them. Nothing until he chances on one broadcast.

'....lots of em right behind you! I wouldn't try to go to the mall, thats a heavily visited place! Get out of there!'

Static again.

'What was that? Can you get it back? I think someone could see us.'

Jack flicked through all the stations again. He picked up another broadcast. It was the same voice.

'Can you make that out?'

'Yeah something about being on a roof in town... He looks at Thomas.. Oh bad place no. You want to go save the guy right?'

'Well if it means bashing in some heads..?'

'Ha ha now your talking.' Jack shouts at the radio, knowing full well he cant be heard. Hang on buddy we're coming to help ya dude.'

~Hearing no voice kind of shocked him, though he hadn't really expected anyone in the area to be on radio. He takes out his binoculars starting to reacquire the target vehicle. He then makes sure to monitor his radio. He lost sight of the vehicle, but knows where they are based on the sound thats barely audible over the moaning of the zombie hoarde. "Wow! The sound is getting louder! They must be coming this way! Mabye someone did hear me! Sweet..."Realizing he needs to get his stuff in gear, he starts to pack up his stuff, pulling out a checklist to mark off things he used with a pencil. He hadn't really unpacked much, except for a tarp to keep the sun off him, which even now he repacks back into his camelback. He gets his gear on, and pulls out his machete. Suddenly he realizes they may not be able to see him, so he reaches into his buttpack again and pulls out an old AOL cd. He then joggs over to the part of the building facing the street and targets the end of the street where he expects the vehicle to come from. He then moves the CD back and forth, attempting to use the CD as a signal mirror to get their attention. Not yet seeing the vehicle, but expecting it any moment... nows a good time, right now... any moment...~

Quikcly Kincaid looks at the Map and says, "All-right let's head west for about 20 yards and that will put us right behind Radio-Shack."

He puts the map away and pulls out the 45 and says, "I'll take lead, Ben you got the back. Peirce you're in the middle. You're the doctor you need the most protection. You're one of the most valued resources of the group."

Kincaid sticks his head around the corner and says, "It's clear for the moment, move fast keep quiet."
The trio moves out to Radio-Shack.

We move into the store. I keep my rifle up, at the ready. I notice Spenser clear areas of the store like he'd been on a SWAT team his whole life. And I even notice our new 'friend' checking out the store in a similar manner.

"Since I've got no idea what we need, I'll take the door." I quietly move to the front window, keeping my rifle down, careful to stay low and out of sight. I peek out, but don't see anything.

"Looks clear," I whisper as loudly as I dare.

~Hearing no voice kind of shocked him, though he hadn't really expected anyone in the area to be on radio. He takes out his binoculars starting to reacquire the target vehicle. He then makes sure to monitor his radio. He lost sight of the vehicle, but knows where they are based on the sound thats barely audible over the moaning of the zombie hoarde. "Wow! The sound is getting louder! They must be coming this way! Mabye someone did hear me! Sweet..."Realizing he needs to get his stuff in gear, he starts to pack up his stuff, pulling out a checklist to mark off things he used with a pencil. He hadn't really unpacked much, except for a tarp to keep the sun off him, which even now he repacks back into his camelback. He gets his gear on, and pulls out his machete. Suddenly he realizes they may not be able to see him, so he reaches into his buttpack again and pulls out an old AOL cd. He then joggs over to the part of the building facing the street and targets the end of the street where he expects the vehicle to come from. He then moves the CD back and forth, attempting to use the CD as a signal mirror to get their attention. Not yet seeing the vehicle, but expecting it any moment... nows a good time, right now... any moment...~

[IC - Thomas Mullaney]

As the truck turns the corner, mass hordes of zombies follow. They appear out of every doorway,every shadow is over run by the walking dead. Jack floors the gas and makes for a gap in the buildings.

As he does his vision and Thomas' are obscured by a blinding light. Jack's eyes fill with dots and he struggles to see where the corner is. As his vision comes back he notices zombies coming from all directions. He rags the hand break and spins the truck 180 taking out a large number of zombies...unfortunately its only a small number in proportion to whats pretty much on top of them. Thomas makes Sophie climb in the back and duck under the seats.

Thomas and Jack knowing full well they're overrun decide to have a little fun. Guns could be fun, unfortunately they dont have guns...they have spanners,a chain saw and golf clubs.

'Looks like we're about to have our hands full'

Jack looks over at Thomas with the biggest grin on his face ever...

'Oh let the good times roll...now on my count we head out and smash in skulls. Move in an arc around the truck and we'll meet in the middle. If we're still alive we'll repeat until either our resident DJ finds us or we die....or worse..we run out of zombies to kill.'

'Your priorities are all messed up.'

'You're damn right...ok...1....2....3!!!'

They charge out of the truck. Sophie remains down as Thomas hurls a club into the temple of a postman, Jack is laughing as the chain saw slices through bone and tissue like it were cutting at air. He sees a fat zombie approaching him, pushing the others out of the way. It has some hint of intelligence and knows what it wants. The zombies makes for Jack only to land on his chainsaw..The teeth get jammed in amongst organs and fat. Jack backs off as the fat zombie still walks,chainsaw churning and cutting as best it can. Jack reaches for his wrench, he takes a massive blow exherting all his energy into ripping the head clean off. As he is in mid swing, a smaller zombie grabs at his jacket...

'Get the f*** off me jerk.' He elbows the zombie in the bridge of its nose. Bones crunches as blood sprays everywhere. Thomas sees this and throws himself over the truck bonnet. He slams his baseball bat down hard on the hand. As he does it comes away still gripped on Jack's sleeve.

The more they smash in skulls the more zombies seem to appear.

Its right about now that they both think trying to save this guy was a big mistake.....

We move into the store. I keep my rifle up, at the ready. I notice Spenser clear areas of the store like he'd been on a SWAT team his whole life. And I even notice our new 'friend' checking out the store in a similar manner.

"Since I've got no idea what we need, I'll take the door." I quietly move to the front window, keeping my rifle down, careful to stay low and out of sight. I peek out, but don't see anything.

"Looks clear," I whisper as loudly as I dare.

Kincaid whispers, "Wait I smell...."

He looks behind the register and quickly goes to the store room. Kincaid then begins to vomit in the sink.

He comes back out and motions for Peirce & Ben to look behind the register. They all see four badly burned bodies each hand holding an electrical wire plugged into the wall.

Kincaid pops two sticks of gum in his mouth and swallows them.

He says, "The situation looked hopeless so they did the only thing they could do to avoid the zombies. They spliced and stripped the wires, plugged in and committed suicide."

Kincaid hears a noise outside of the back door.

He turns with his gun pulled, looks at Peirce & Ben and says, "We got company."

Kincaid whispers, "Wait I smell...."

He looks behind the register and quickly goes to the store room. Kincaid then begins to vomit in the sink.

He comes back out and motions for Peirce & Ben to look behind the register. They all see four badly burned bodies each hand holding an electrical wire plugged into the wall.

Kincaid pops two sticks of gum in his mouth and swallows them.

He says, "The situation looked hopeless so they did the only thing they could do to avoid the zombies. They spliced and stripped the wires, plugged in and committed suicide."
"I'll take mine extra crispy, and with a side of fries," mumbled Ben as he tried not to chuckle at the thought of those people crying to themselves like little girls instead of manning up and fighting for their lives.
Kincaid hears a noise outside of the back door.

He turns with his gun pulled, looks at Peirce & Ben and says, "We got company."
With surprising force, several decayed fists smashed through the door and began to threaten to take it right off of its hinges. Several shots came from the guns that Spenser and Pierce were wielding, blasting holes into the zombie faces that emerged as the door finally caved in.

Acting on impulse, Benjamin grabbed the power cord of one of the DVD players that were on display in the RadioShack that they were in, and started to spin the DVD player around like a flail before letting go and watching as the hard piece of machinery flew through the air and caved in the head of one of the zombies.

"F**king Legion of the Undead! These s**tbricks stink!"

"I'll take mine extra crispy, and with a side of fries," mumbled Ben as he tried not to chuckle at the thought of those people crying to themselves like little girls instead of manning up and fighting for their lives.With surprising force, several decayed fists smashed through the door and began to threaten to take it right off of its hinges. Several shots came from the guns that Spenser and Pierce were wielding, blasting holes into the zombie faces that emerged as the door finally caved in.

Acting on impulse, Benjamin grabbed the power cord of one of the DVD players that were on display in the RadioShack that they were in, and started to spin the DVD player around like a flail before letting go and watching as the hard piece of machinery flew through the air and caved in the head of one of the zombies.

Quickly Kincaid grabs 4 AC adaptors and bolts to the front gate of the store.

He busts the lock and lifts the gate up. Then plugs the AC adaptors and runs them under the shelves, but leaves the ends exposed so they will meet with the gate.

He screams, "Everyone fall back out the front! MOVE!"

Ben & Peirce head out the front as Kincaid slams the gate down.

The zombies grab gate and immediately are electricuted.

Kincaid looks at his comrades and says, "Okay let's get back to Jacob."

"God..."

The sight of the bodies wrenches at me. I'm supposed to save lives, not take them. Being a doctor is all I ever wanted to do, all I ever wanted to be. It's what I trained for. The only reason I joined the airforce was to pay for medical school.

And now I'm killing zombies or letting people die at their hands.

"I'll take mine extra crispy, and with a side of fries,"

It's all I can do not to punch Ben in the face. But I don't have the chance.

With surprising force, several decayed fists smashed through the door and began to threaten to take it right off of its hinges. Several shots came from the guns that Spenser and Pierce were wielding, blasting holes into the zombie faces that emerged as the door finally caved in.

"What the bad place is wrong with you?!" I fire again, trying to keep it to short bursts so my ammo lasts longer. But even in close quarters my aim isn't the best. I wasn't trained for this. I hit a few zombies in the head, taking out the brain seems to be the only way to stop them, but I'm not a great shot. A lot of my rounds miss, going wide and hitting them in other places. It slows them down a bit, but not much.

Quickly Kincaid grabs 4 AC adaptors and bolts to the front gate of the store.

He busts the lock and lifts the gate up. Then plugs the AC adaptors and runs them under the shelves, but leaves the ends exposed so they will meet with the gate.

He screams, "Everyone fall back out the front! MOVE!"

Ben & Peirce head out the front as Kincaid slams the gate down.

The zombies grab gate and immediately are electricuted.

Kincaid looks at his comrades and says, "Okay let's get back to Jacob."

The sparking display is impressive. Any zombies touching the gate shake violently, then fall to the ground. Looks like we found another weapon.

But the sparks stop shortly as soon as the store's circuit breaker trips. The zombies still try to get at us. They smash and press against the gate. It sways, but holds firm. At least for now.

"The sooner the better," I say. "I don't think Jacob can wait."

~The wait for the truck slows to a halt, as he hears a chainsaw start up in the distance, as well as screaming and gunshots from a different location. Matthew realizes there must be more survivors out there, and goes to take a look. Putting the CD back in his pack, he grabs the binoculars and climbs on top of a vent, standing up fully so he can get a good view. He spots zombies apparently flooding a store only a block away.~
"Only a block away... hah"
~He mumbles to himself. No way he could get there unscathed, but waiting here to starve or dehydrate was sure death! Any place but here must be better, he would think as he put his pack on and unholstered his pistol, his machete in his right hand.~
"Here goes nothing!"
~He yells as he jumps down the fire escape on the side of the building facing the street. He slides down the ladder, landing atop a zombie wearing a white wedding gown. He quickly cuts off its head and rolls to his feet, kicking the legs out from a zombie wearing a green sweater and khaki pants. Running full out, he climbs over vehicles attempting to get past the zombie hoarde, now flowing steadily from the alley which he had made his near suicidal escape run into. He gets within 100 ft of the store when he notices there are too many in front of the store to hope to get through. He looks around, and notices a car with a key in the ignition, its driver currently attempting to get out through the window. Thinking fast, Matthew rams into a zombie loosely holding a butcher knife, causing it to tumble sideways knocking over a few more zombies. Reaching the car, he opens the door and immediately pulls the zombie out by its collar, and cuts its head off, coating his already blood stained uniform with yet more blood. The blood seeps into his shoes, causing them to make a loud "SQUISH!" as he hops in the car and attempts to start the engine. The car turns over... 3 times, then starts. Getting it into drive, he then brings his foot up to gun it when he hears a sound from the backseat. Suddenly a head pops up between the seats and bites down on the collar of Matthew's uniform, and wrapping its arms around his neck.~
"F**K!!!!"
~He exclaims, as he brings his left hand up, and shoots the zombie in the head from point blank range, taking out the back right car window, and spraying brainmatter as well as black ichor all over the inside of the car and on the back of his own head. He guns the car, and rams into the zombies, covering the windshield with blood, and cracking it as several bones smash into it. When he turns on the windshield wiper, he immediately notices, that he had emotionally miscounted the undead. He had already passed through the hoarde, and was about to hit a group of people in front of the store he was going to. He slams on the breaks hard, attempting to pull the vehicle to the left, and screams at the top of his lungs.~
"LOOK OUT!!!!!"

"What the bad place is wrong with you?!" I fire again, trying to keep it to short bursts so my ammo lasts longer. But even in close quarters my aim isn't the best. I wasn't trained for this. I hit a few zombies in the head, taking out the brain seems to be the only way to stop them, but I'm not a great shot. A lot of my rounds miss, going wide and hitting them in other places. It slows them down a bit, but not much.
"What? Are you saying that they don't stink?"
The sparking display is impressive. Any zombies touching the gate shake violently, then fall to the ground. Looks like we found another weapon.

But the sparks stop shortly as soon as the store's circuit breaker trips. The zombies still try to get at us. They smash and press against the gate. It sways, but holds firm. At least for now.

"The sooner the better," I say. "I don't think Jacob can wait."
"I dunno who Jacob is, but I'm all for ditching these losers," said Ben as he jerked his thumb towards the zombies behind him. Reaffirming his grip on the bags he was carrying, Ben smiled gently at his companions. "Let's roll, homies!"

"What? Are you saying that they don't stink?""I dunno who Jacob is, but I'm all for ditching these losers," said Ben as he jerked his thumb towards the zombies behind him. Reaffirming his grip on the bags he was carrying, Ben smiled gently at his companions. "Let's roll, homies!"

Kincaid looks around, points and says, "All-Right to the ice-cream store. The store room has back door we can go through that and Jacob and the others are about 20 yards straight ahead."

Quickly he turns to Ben and says, "No we ain't stopping and getting any either. I don't care how much you like strawberry."
The group begins to sprint to the ice-cream shop

That should be enough to let Ben know that I am onto him...and who knows maybe he might start to remember me.

Kincaid looks around, points and says, "All-Right to the ice-cream store. The store room has back door we can go through that and Jacob and the others are about 20 yards straight ahead."

Quickly he turns to Ben and says, "No we ain't stopping and getting any either. I don't care how much you like strawberry."
The group begins to sprint to the ice-cream shop

That should be enough to let Ben know that I am onto him...and who knows maybe he might start to remember me.
Barging into the small ice cream shop, all three men quickly scanned the quarters with their eyes and moved on. Without missing a step, Ben scooped out a spoonful of the pink ice cream and thanked God that the power was still running in the mall and keeping the freezers going. Still in stride with the others, Ben was instantly back in line and right behind Kincaid as he led them out and through the next door. "Yummy, yummy, yummy, I got love in my tummy," he sang quietly.

And there they were - the other survivors that Spencer and Pierce had talked about came into sight, and even Benjamin let out a sigh of relief.

~Upon impact, he realizes that the the "survivors" he saw were actually just zombies who must have just recently died. Their faces looked almost like recently dead people. Not hesistating for more than a second after the initial shock, Matt guns the car, sending blood flying as the tires spin on the wet pavement. He peels off and heads towards the last known location of the truck, hoping to find the "rescuers" that were coming towards him.~
"Cmon!!! Where the bad place are you!!!"
~He shouts into the radio, hoping they hear him. Then he pulls around the corner where he last saw them. He immiediately notices the truck off in the distance, and some movement that was going too fast for a zombie. He also notices the sudden increase in zombies, and guns his car. He brings his car up to 55 MPH just before impacting the zombies. Once again, the front of the vehicle shudders, as he puts enormous pressure on the front of the vehicle. Finally the vehicle refuses to continue, and the hood rips up, obscuring Matthew's view. Due to the fact he can no longer see, he slows down, and opens the driver side window. As he notices a few zombies that look like they have been rekilled.~
"Well it looks like someone is here at least."
~He pulls the car to the right, as he clears the last standing zombies, and notices 2 people fighting desperately near a truck.~
"I'm the guy on the radio! Let's get the **** out of here!"
~He pulls his backpack out of the right seat, his shoulder aching like bad place after his fight against the zombies earlier. He runs over towards the truck and hops in the cargo bed. Pulling out his Pistol and providing cover fire for the other people.~

~Upon impact, he realizes that the the "survivors" he saw were actually just zombies who must have just recently died. Their faces looked almost like recently dead people. Not hesistating for more than a second after the initial shock, Matt guns the car, sending blood flying as the tires spin on the wet pavement. He peels off and heads towards the last known location of the truck, hoping to find the "rescuers" that were coming towards him.~
"Cmon!!! Where the bad place are you!!!"
~He shouts into the radio, hoping they hear him. Then he pulls around the corner where he last saw them. He immiediately notices the truck off in the distance, and some movement that was going too fast for a zombie. He also notices the sudden increase in zombies, and guns his car. He brings his car up to 55 MPH just before impacting the zombies. Once again, the front of the vehicle shudders, as he puts enormous pressure on the front of the vehicle. Finally the vehicle refuses to continue, and the hood rips up, obscuring Matthew's view. Due to the fact he can no longer see, he slows down, and opens the driver side window. As he notices a few zombies that look like they have been rekilled.~
"Well it looks like someone is here at least."
~He pulls the car to the right, as he clears the last standing zombies, and notices 2 people fighting desperately near a truck.~
~He pulls his backpack out of the right seat, his shoulder aching like bad place after his fight against the zombies earlier. He runs over towards the truck and hops in the cargo bed. Pulling out his Pistol and providing cover fire for the other people.~

[IC - Thomas Mullaney]

Spinning round, Thomas sees a car hurtling towards the hordes of Zombies. He sees the blood stained windscreen and also notices teh decrease in speed. Clearly the driver has control and therefore must still be alive.

Thomas sees the driver dive into the back of the truck. Gunshots ring through the streets as heads are ripped open by bullets.

Thomas and Jack duck down as the new survivor provides covering fire.

'Sophie!!!!!Keep down!' Jack and Thomas launch themselves into the truck...Jack hammering it into gear. The zombies once again swarm the car. The radio guy reloads.

Bang! Bang!

Another two respectively scored head shots. The way is clear. the truck tears away from the group, rolling over corpses both reanimated and dormant.

Thomas checks over his shoulder to see if both the horde is disappearing and if Sophie is ok. A zombie is latched onto the back of the truck...its lame hands smash through the back window and make a grab for the new guy. Jack in a calm casual manner picks up a can, slams on the breaks and imbeds the beer into the zombies skull as it hits the dash board. The body is disposed of and the truck heads off...

'Nice.....So....whats your name?'

Thomas glances at the new passenger as he pulls Sophie into the front seat.....

Barging into the small ice cream shop, all three men quickly scanned the quarters with their eyes and moved on. Without missing a step, Ben scooped out a spoonful of the pink ice cream and thanked God that the power was still running in the mall and keeping the freezers going. Still in stride with the others, Ben was instantly back in line and right behind Kincaid as he led them out and through the next door. "Yummy, yummy, yummy, I got love in my tummy," he sang quietly.

And there they were - the other survivors that Spencer and Pierce had talked about came into sight, and even Benjamin let out a sigh of relief.

I look behind us, and there's Ben. Eating an ice cream...

Oh for the love of... I look away before I say or do anything I regret. I guess I shouldn't be so mad about this. Even though I don't feel like eating, it doesn't mean we shouldn't keep up my strength. Infact, when was the last time I ate. Good lord, how long have I been running on adrenaline? I'm surprised I haven't slipped into shock.

A noise comes from in front of us, and I see movement. I raise my gun and almost pull the trigger. But I notice Spenser and Ben do nothing. And I realize just how out of my league I am.

"Um, hi. We're with-"

"Cmon!!! Where the bad place are you!!!" My radio squawks to staticy life. I fumble with it, almost dropping my rifle while trying to turn the volume down. I finally click it off after what seems like forever.

"What the bad place was that!" But Ben and Spenser are already back at the doors, looking to see if any zombies heard me.

"Um, sorry about that." And then the realization dawns on me. "That didn't sound like anyone in our group!"

I hold the radio to my mouth, but don't say anything. Give me a heavily wounded soldier whose vitals are crashing, and shells landing around us, and I'm fine. But this...

"Should-Should I reply?" What is wrong with me?

I look behind us, and there's Ben. Eating an ice cream...

Oh for the love of... I look away before I say or do anything I regret. I guess I shouldn't be so mad about this. Even though I don't feel like eating, it doesn't mean we shouldn't keep up my strength. Infact, when was the last time I ate. Good lord, how long have I been running on adrenaline? I'm surprised I haven't slipped into shock.

A noise comes from in front of us, and I see movement. I raise my gun and almost pull the trigger. But I notice Spenser and Ben do nothing. And I realize just how out of my league I am.

"Um, hi. We're with-"

"Cmon!!! Where the bad place are you!!!" My radio squawks to staticy life. I fumble with it, almost dropping my rifle while trying to turn the volume down. I finally click it off after what seems like forever.

"What the bad place was that!" But Ben and Spenser are already back at the doors, looking to see if any zombies heard me.

"Um, sorry about that." And then the realization dawns on me. "That didn't sound like anyone in our group!"

I hold the radio to my mouth, but don't say anything. Give me a heavily wounded soldier whose vitals are crashing, and shells landing around us, and I'm fine. But this...

"Should-Should I reply?" What is wrong with me?

Kincaid looks at Peirce and says, "Hey settle for a moment. Just settle down it's okay. Now we know zombies don't know how to use radios and if it ain't a zombie it's a human and that is a good thing."

He pulls out 2 strips of beef jerky and hands him a bottle of water and says, "Respond to them tell them where we are and who we are. Then eat those and have a drink."

Kincaid looks at Peirce and says, "Hey settle for a moment. Just settle down it's okay. Now we know zombies don't know how to use radios and if it ain't a zombie it's a human and that is a good thing."

He pulls out 2 strips of beef jerky and hands him a bottle of water and says, "Respond to them tell them where we are and who we are. Then eat those and have a drink."

"Right. Right." I turn the radio back on. Get a hold of yourself John. You've pulled 48 hour shifts in in a war zone.

Yeah, but this is different. I've never had to kill anyone before.

Oh great. Now I'm talking to myself.

I let my rifle swing down, and grab the bottle of water. I bring the radio up to my lips and click it on. "Hello. This is Captain John Pierce. Do you read me. A group of us are at the mall. Can you read me, come in. Over." I take a swig of the water...and can't believe how good it tastes. I can feel it travel into my stomach. When was the last time I had a drink.

"I say again. This is Captain Pierce. We're at the mall. Do you copy? Over."

[IC - Thomas Mullaney]

Spinning round, Thomas sees a car hurtling towards the hordes of Zombies. He sees the blood stained windscreen and also notices teh decrease in speed. Clearly the driver has control and therefore must still be alive.

Thomas sees the driver dive into the back of the truck. Gunshots ring through the streets as heads are ripped open by bullets.

Thomas and Jack duck down as the new survivor provides covering fire.

'Sophie!!!!!Keep down!' Jack and Thomas launch themselves into the truck...Jack hammering it into gear. The zombies once again swarm the car. The radio guy reloads.

Bang! Bang!

Another two respectively scored head shots. The way is clear. the truck tears away from the group, rolling over corpses both reanimated and dormant.

Thomas checks over his shoulder to see if both the horde is disappearing and if Sophie is ok. A zombie is latched onto the back of the truck...its lame hands smash through the back window and make a grab for the new guy. Jack in a calm casual manner picks up a can, slams on the breaks and imbeds the beer into the zombies skull as it hits the dash board. The body is disposed of and the truck heads off...

'Nice.....So....whats your name?'

Thomas glances at the new passenger as he pulls Sophie into the front seat.....
"Matt... Matthew"
~He picks up the mag that he dropped when the zombie came at him atop the truck, and reloads his pistol. Checking the Chamber and making sure the action is working properly. He then proceeds to check his magazines to see how much ammo he has left.
"You know its kinda funny..."
~He smiles slightly, and pulls his pistol apart, taking the pen with the rag and cleaning the barrel and chamber thoroughly.~
"The first time I have fired this gun outside of a shooting range was on my way to the rooftop that I called you from... and just in the last 20 seconds I have fired 18 shots."
~He starts to look around, scanning the area for survivors.~
"Have you seen a gun shop around here?"

"Right. Right." I turn the radio back on. Get a hold of yourself John. You've pulled 48 hour shifts in in a war zone.

Yeah, but this is different. I've never had to kill anyone before.

Oh great. Now I'm talking to myself.

I let my rifle swing down, and grab the bottle of water. I bring the radio up to my lips and click it on. "Hello. This is Captain John Pierce. Do you read me. A group of us are at the mall. Can you read me, come in. Over." I take a swig of the water...and can't believe how good it tastes. I can feel it travel into my stomach. When was the last time I had a drink.
~Matthew looks at his radio, as if he heard something but didn't quite get what it was. He turns the volume back up and puts it up to his ear when suddenly...~
"I say again. This is Captain Pierce. We're at the mall. Do you copy? Over."
~He jumps at the sudden noise in his ear, and his ear starts to ring from the loud noise. He tells the people in front, although he is sure they heard him already.~
"I think there are some people at the mall, wanna head that way? I volunteer cutting a path through the zombies!"
~He exclaims, drawing his machete.~
"This is Second Leutenant Matthew Whisennand, I read you loud and clear. There are 3 of us here in a pickup. How many are there? Over."

"Matt... Matthew"
~He picks up the mag that he dropped when the zombie came at him atop the truck, and reloads his pistol. Checking the Chamber and making sure the action is working properly. He then proceeds to check his magazines to see how much ammo he has left.
"You know its kinda funny..."
~He smiles slightly, and pulls his pistol apart, taking the pen with the rag and cleaning the barrel and chamber thoroughly.~
"The first time I have fired this gun outside of a shooting range was on my way to the rooftop that I called you from... and just in the last 20 seconds I have fired 18 shots."
~He starts to look around, scanning the area for survivors.~
"Have you seen a gun shop around here?"

~Matthew looks at his radio, as if he heard something but didn't quite get what it was. He turns the volume back up and puts it up to his ear when suddenly...~

~He jumps at the sudden noise in his ear, and his ear starts to ring from the loud noise. He tells the people in front, although he is sure they heard him already.~
"I think there are some people at the mall, wanna head that way? I volunteer cutting a path through the zombies!"
~He exclaims, drawing his machete.~
"This is Second Leutenant Matthew Whisennand, I read you loud and clear. There are 3 of us here in a pickup. How many are there? Over."

[IC - Thomas Mullaney]

Thomas listens to the radio broadcast.

'Theres four of us man...four....count them.....1.2..3..4....and how is it funny that you've shot 18 bullets? None of this is funny. You couldve killed someones loved one...'

'You'll have to excuse the brit my man....he seems to struggle with the end of the world concept....he's still waiting for his nan to bring him tea and scones....'

Thomas scowls. Why the bad place do yanks always think the british drink tea and eat scones?

'You tell whoever is on that radio that we're on our way....oh and make sure you highlight the fact that we would've been there sooner if a certain CD waving idiot hadnt told us it wasnt safe....any clues who that could be?'

Thomas grinned...ha one up on the new guy.

Matt moved uneasily in his chair..

'Anyway...I'm Thomas...this is my little sister Sophie...'

'Hi!'

'And our designated driver and general heartless tour guide is Jack...'

'Sup dude....you want a beer?' Jack throws a beer into the back of the truck....Blood drips off it as Matt holds it up.

'Oh sorry....that was the one from the hitch hiker....here...' He tosses a clean one into the back....

[IC - Thomas Mullaney]

Thomas listens to the radio broadcast.

'Theres four of us man...four....count them.....1.2..3..4....and how is it funny that you've shot 18 bullets? None of this is funny. You couldve killed someones loved one...'

~He smiles grimly, knowing that Thomas was right. He had been looking out of the vehicle, and unsuprisingly had missed someone. He hadn't seen Sophie.~

"Sorry for the miscount, but if you couldn't tell... I was trying to keep in good humour, despite the world going to ****..."

'You'll have to excuse the brit my man....he seems to struggle with the end of the world concept....he's still waiting for his nan to bring him tea and scones....'

Thomas scowls. Why the bad place do yanks always think the british drink tea and eat scones?

'You tell whoever is on that radio that we're on our way....oh and make sure you highlight the fact that we would've been there sooner if a certain CD waving idiot hadnt told us it wasnt safe....any clues who that could be?'

Thomas grinned...ha one up on the new guy.

~Matt moved uneasily in his chair.
OOC said:
where did the chair come from?
Then looks over at Jack, and shrugs.~

"From a birdseye view, it looked like several thousand of those shamblers around the mall. I was worried you guys were going to get surrounded, instead I almost ended up screwing you guys over. Never again..."

'Anyway...I'm Thomas...this is my little sister Sophie...'

'Hi!'

'And our designated driver and general heartless tour guide is Jack...'

'Sup dude....you want a beer?' Jack throws a beer into the back of the truck....Blood drips off it as Matt holds it up.

"I prefer my beer without blood, it waters down the taste..."

'Oh sorry....that was the one from the hitch hiker....here...' He tosses a clean one into the back....

~He throws the one coated in blood out the back, even though he feels a pang of guilt for littering. Obviously, littering at this point in time, is like throwing an extra grenade into an atomic explosion; such a thing won't matter at all in the big picture. He then takes a sip, and gives the updated info on the radio.~

"Correction, There are 4, I say again 4 of us here in a pickup. We are enroute to your location. I was the cause of the delay, Over."

"Correction, There are 4, I say again 4 of us here in a pickup. We are enroute to your location. I was the cause of the delay, Over."

I look at the others as the voice comes in over the radio, confirming that there were more survivors out there.

"Copy that. A few of us are in the mall gathering supplies and people. We've got another group in the south parking lot. I'll radio ahead and let them know to expect you. Over and out."

I lean against a wall. For the first time in a while I feel relief, and I enjoy it. I switch channels on the radio. "Jones, Nguyen. This is Pierce, come in."

There's a moment of static. Then, "Sir, this Nguyen. Over."

"Sit-rep. Over."

"Everything's quiet so far. No sign of zombies. Jacob's holding in there. Over." Thank god.

"Ok, here's what's going to happen. We just made contact with a group of survivors on the outside-"

"We heard everything sir. They must have been using an open channel. Over."

"Well, um...ok. Good. We've picked up some supplies, and found who we were looking for. I think we can make it back to you before our new friends arrive. So sit tight. Over and out."

"Well," I say to everyone else, "I guess we should get moving."

OOC - Death Incarnate....

The chair or 'seat' in the truck

I look at the others as the voice comes in over the radio, confirming that there were more survivors out there.

"Copy that. A few of us are in the mall gathering supplies and people. We've got another group in the south parking lot. I'll radio ahead and let them know to expect you. Over and out."

I lean against a wall. For the first time in a while I feel relief, and I enjoy it. I switch channels on the radio. "Jones, Nguyen. This is Pierce, come in."

"Sit-rep. Over."

"Everything's quiet so far. No sign of zombies. Jacob's holding in there. Over." Thank god.

"Ok, here's what's going to happen. We just made contact with a group of survivors on the outside-"

"Well, um...ok. Good. We've picked up some supplies, and found who we were looking for. I think we can make it back to you before our new friends arrive. So sit tight. Over and out."

~Glancing at his watch, and at the sky, he looks at the other passengers and simply states.~

"We have a date to keep. Let's not dissappoint them shall we?"
~Taking out his machete, he starts to clean it, taking careful attention to the blade. Then he sharpens it, being extra careful, due to the fact they were driving quickly in between vehicles. His pistol was ready, his magazines were fully loaded, with his box of 9mm ammo now with 32 shots remaining.~

"Sit-rep. Over."

Kincaid lets out a low exhale and says, "Well things might be looking up for the moment. Jacob is holding on his own and there looks like there might be others."

He gathers his gear and says, "But let's remember it's always darkest just before it goes completely black. So let's get going before our luck runs out."

Having gotten a Yo-Yo from an unknown source, Ben leaned against one of the marble walls of that section of the mall and entertained himself for the moment by tossing the toy down and marveling as it he skillfully brought it back up by its string. Where are all the women at? Ben wondered as he looked around at the sorry group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"