The Zombie RPG - IC Season Thread

A sigh from the blonde foreigner accompanied the yawn she just gave off. The environment slowly blurred into view. Another, smaller yawn, accompanied by a stretch, and finally, a groan as Francoise rose from her bed. Rubbing her eyes, she looked around the room, and grimaced.

"Well, it's not like I'm going back to sleep..." She complained, and slid out of bed, moving straight for the shower. Fifteen mintues pass by, and she gets out, getting dressed, flew down the stairs, waved to one of the two housekeepers, and bolted out of the door. Looking left, then right, Francoise squinted as it was about noon time, and jumped into her Dodge Viper, put down the top, and let the red car screech out of the gate, convinced she was going to find fun today.

More or less, Francoise became annoyed by the fireworks that were going off in the neighborhood, totally forgetting what the day was, being not of the country and all. Either way, that didn't stop her from some shopping and eating, though the town felt a little empty despite the frantic day it was meant to be, one of the shop owners saying something about a flu going around, where Francoise's only comment was, "Great, I better not catch the flu on my vacation."

Finally, she just decided she would go home and try on the clothes, or whatever it was she bought, as it felt like a multitude of things. "Talk about a lame day..." when someone was just stumbled out into the road from behind a car parked in the street. Francoise slammed on her brakes and just laid into her horn, reaching out her head from the side of her car, and flipped up her sunglasses "Hey, you! Get the hell off the road!!" The person she was yelling at didn't look all that right, he was slumped over, and against the sun, she couldn't really make out many details, though the person seemed to be moaning, and began to turn his head. "Hey, can't you...hear...?" Her voice shifted into more like, "What the hell?" than anger as the person began to stumble her way, though she couldn't hear over the engine of her car, though it seemed to be making mouth movements. Francoise squinted her eyes, and she finally saw blood, dripping from the person's arm and mouth as it got to the hood of her car, and then finally, the eyes of the person, white and empty.

"Hey buddy, are you alright?" she asked as he got to the window, but it didn't even take a second for the person to reach out and grab at her arm. The touch was actually cold, and she saw the skin...gray, like it hasn't had blood in a few hours, and the touch was clammy. Then, the next thing, is she felt him pull as he pushed down his face towards her. She screamed, and pulled her whole body inward, releasing the brake, forcing the car to leap forward, kicking the feet out of the person who was trying to do whatever it was he was going to do to her, though he still had her arm. Definitely not one to just stop in said situation, she slammed on the accelerator, and the car roared as it launched forward. Trying to steer was proving difficult, as the bouncing person on the road next to her wouldn't let go of her arm, and it was causing her to jerk.

Nearly missing a few bystanders that began to scream as she flew down the street, she came to the dreaded mandatory turn. A street that only went perpendicular to the street she was already cruising. She swung a right, her body pulled heavily against the door as the person holding on was skidding along the ground, and he eventually let go forcifully, and went rolling, however, the sudden shock of pulling back in, as she was pulling, forced her to ram the wheel further right, and she ramped up onto the curb, and railed into a light pole, stopping her car instantly. Pulling her head out of the airbag, she did a quick survey of herself, thanking several different gods that the collision was low speed enough to not even get knocked out nor injured, but then jumped, unbuckled and shot straight out of her car spinning around, and looked for that freak who was attacking her, finally settling on a crowd, and began to move towards it, as other people were moving towards her from the streets. Reaching into her pocket, and pulling out some mace, she warded them back with some profanity and the like, and they backed off as she moved towards the other crowd, some calling on their cell phones.

"Is...is he dead?" Francoise began to ask, when she heard screaming.

"He's f*****g biting her!!!" and the crowd dispersed, revealing the now mangled attacker, teeth deep in a woman's neck who was probably trying to help him. He dropped her as someone hit him in the head with something shiny, probably a tire iron or something, and stared as it stayed lodged in his head. She looked on in horror, watching the body slump to the ground, and the woman slump as well. Francoise wanted to cry, and might have, if not after a few minutes, the woman started to stir again, and open her eyes, the same, soulless white eyes. Another man tried to help her, as she bit him.

That was all Francoise needed to be convinced she needed to flee, and fast. She backed up with the others, and turned to her car, which was smoking, or probably steaming. Either way, it probably wasn't going to work. She still ran over, and grabbed her backpack out of it, and cursed herself for the sandals she wore, and just began to jog down the street, beginning her little crying stint. On one hand, she was pretty scared pretty sure she was going to be arrested, and also what she saw. Being the rational person she was, she was shaking off the notion of crazy fantasies of what it SEEMED to be. "It was like that Dawn of the Dead or something..." she kept thinking to herself, though she shook her head, reminding herself that was ludicrous. However, she couldn't get it out of her head, and that's when she noticed something really strange: The sun was still barely up, but there was NOBODY outside, a few super speeding cars, and a few shop owners, but everything was closed, and the streets were flat out deserted. This...worried her, quite a bit. She knew that it was a holiday, but it shouldn't be THIS empty, and that's when she heard another scream, as she spun left, and a man was pulling out of a store, with a person attatched to his leg, presumably face first, and a hand, and there was blood.

Francoise then took off the other direction, her heart pumping a bazillion times a minute, her lungs burning for air, her legs hurting like crazy as she heard some groaning. Slowing to a jog as she was passing in front of an ally sort of place, she saw someone in tatters, who was stumbling and groaning, and behind him, more shambling and groaning. The were everywhere! And lord knows she had a big problem....she wouldn't be capable of running forever. Granted, she was easily capable of outrunning them, but she'd get tired, and...and what if they didn't? What if they WERE like those lame movie things, and just...kept going? It didn't make sense, but...

"HELP!!!" Francoise stopped suddently, heaving for air, and looked up and right, at an apartment complex, where she saw several people scrambling around, some carrying, some....looking like...zombies... which she still had trouble actually thinking, and some who were injured obviously, and some where were flat out dead. A few gunshots could be heard from there, and a few more in the distance. Whatever it was...it was happening in a larger quantity now. Why? Who knows... but it WAS happening.

"Gruh!!" She didn't even hear it before she felt something grip her shoulder.

"ARGH!!!" she gurgle/screamed out as she tried to turn, feeling something pressing to her quickly, when all of the pressure was relieved hearing a "Hnnnh!", and the wet crack of bone being crushed, and then the sound of something nailing the ground. On the ground, she saw a bleeding...zombie... and next to her, a guy, mid twenties, brown hair, and a red t shirt with khaki cargo jeans and a baseball bat made of aluminum, he was breathing hard too. He turned to Francoise, with a goofy smile and said, "Umm... watch out there?" Francoise wanted to formulate a "thank you" out of her fear, but she didn't get that far, as her eyes went wide past her saviour. His eyes went wide...knowing what she was seeing, and he tensed up right before teeth pierced his shoulder, and he cried out, turning around, throwing off the zombie, and pounded it into oblivion. He turned to Francoise, with a face full of tears.

"F***!!! He bit me! They...when they bite....I'm...I'm gonna become one of them!!" He was frantic, obviously, and he pointed at her. "Run! It doesn't...it doesn't take long! God...I'm burning up..." And he began to crumple down.

Shaking her head, Francoise turned, seeing a few people running in the street now, a few cars blazing by, and a few "stumblers" as she was calling them to keep herself sane.

Francoise was all of about five or six steps from breaking down and just hoping for a quick death, but adrenaline kicked in, and she started moving again, trying to chase down cars, waving her arms, and begging for help from oncoming cars, who either blew her off, or tried to run her over, prompting her to get out of the way. The stumblers were easy enough to stay away from, but they were starting to build up. She also happened to notice that most of these stumblers, which multiplied at least two fold were now just coming in her direction, as she started to back up, mace in hand, shaking like crazy, when a truck stopped with a screech. Francoise spun around, and saw a local authority symbol emblazoned on the side, and she looked inside of the window.

"Screw it..." She grumbled to herself, and reached for the handle... "How much worse could it really be this way?"

Jonathan had taken the scenic route to get to the precinct mostly because he figured that any of the other roads would be jammed up from people getting in a hurry.

He was driving down one street and spotted a crashed viper.

thinking to himself Man some people just don't know how to treat a dodge.

He made it a little farther up the road and saw a woman armed with a can of mace, he laughed to himself then slammed on his breaks right next to her and shouted: Need a Lift?

Francoise nodded frantically, reaching for the handle, saying her line, and opening the door piling in, as some were getting a little too close, prompting her to roll up her window.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Francoise repeated in a rapid tone that her thick accent fuddled up a bit, and she turned to him, still holding her can of mace, obviously ready to use it if she had to, and despite the fact he didn't look...dead... nor was he "stumbling" she had to ask.

"You're not one of...the stumblers, are you?" Her voice was rather shakey and tense, strained and exausted, though mostly from the running. Her breathing was still deep and quick, and her face flushed from fear and heat of the day and excercize. Her feet hurt as much as her legs were sore, and tears were still streaming down her face.

"You know.... like those guys back there. Because if you are... I swear, I won't be afraid to use this," she held the mace a little higher. Francoise herself wasn't totally convinced that it would work or anything, seeing how being dragged along the ground and thrown from a car didn't even slow one down, but at least it seemingly gave her some comfort just to have it.

Jonathan looks at the can and laughs to himself, he has been sprayed by the stuff before when he was at the academy, be a nice way to end the perfect day getting sprayed then running off the road probably killing both of them, but he could tell she was upset and probably hadn't thought that far ahead so he sighs and then looks at her and tells her.

That is not going to be necessarry. I am not one of them my name is Jonathan and I am on the way to the Precinct I work at. Maybe there I will find some more survivors. Is there somewhere I can drop you off along the way?

Francoise relaxes some, then finally decides that he probably poses no threat, given that he's not tried to take a chunk out of her, and she turns to the window, looking out, her right hand pressed against her forehead. Outside of the window, she saw more of them, fewer non-stumblers, and some of the stumblers in huddles around a single body, consuming it. This obviously made her want to throw up, but that last thing she wanted was to be dumped out of the truck for vomiting, and left to these...things.

Her voice was slightly distant, but still obviously focused on the situation at hand.

"The precinct...? If there's going to be armed people there... I'd rather be there, you know? It's not like my home is close to here, but it's probably the next closest place, and it's in the opposite direction. Besides, I'd rather be somewhere where there's people who can use guns... If you don't mind of course..." Francoise didn't actually think he would dump her off, but she didn't want to sound forceful at the same time.

No Problem, but I would recomend you putting the mace up and getting something a little more effective out of my bag there. I know there is at least one person alive at the precinct because I was called at home and told to come there by my partner Matt

Jonathan continues dirving.

So what's your name?

Just then a pair of arms reach through the cracked out back glass and grab him around the neck and pull him up out of the cab into the back of the truck. Jonathan reaches up with is right hand and holds it under the chin of the thing to keep from being bitten, as he is pulled back.

"Hnn.... Good... At least there's others left..." Francoise responded when Jonathan said something about a partner she kind of wasn't paying all FORMS of attention to, and then turned to him when asked for her name.

"Francoise... Though I guess Claire is fine..." Which led into an abrupt scream as two hands tore through the back window and pulled on Jonathan. She rammed up against the side of the car, but not due to her own leaping, but because the truck was losing control.

Francoise, hesitant, but intent on surviving this wreck as well prayed, "Merci, merci... Let this be better than last time..." And she gripped the wheel, looking out of the window, and tried to stabilize the car, turning and swerving obstacles in the street from the passenger seat.

Jonathan squirms loose and crawls across the bed of the truck to the other side trying to get his distance when the thing falls on him trying to bite him again.Jonathan grabs the things chin again with right hand.No sir. your not making a snack out of me. Jonathan pushes up with against the chin puts his knee in the things chest and throws it over him out of the back of the truck. He reaches out and grabs the tailgate by the wire and pulls it up enough to close it.

he crawls over to the back glass and looks in and says.

You doing alright?

He reaches in behind the seat and pulls out his Rifle case.

If you can manage the driving I will manage the shooting I didn't expect them to be this thick this close to the deptartment, 3 more blocks on this road take a right for 2 blocks then a left and we are there.

Francoise immediately dove into the drivers seat as Jonathan was pulled out. As cowardly as it was, she was willing to just drive off without him if he didn't make it. The truck shook and sputtered as she seemed to have a little trouble with the truck's transmission. It wasn't that she didn't know how to drive standard, it's just most of the standards she drove were fairly...more forgivable.

When she heard his voice, she looked in the rear view, and didn't see any injuries, and breathed a sigh of relief as she nodded.

"I'm doing fine. You haven't...been bitten or anything, have you?"

Jonathan checks himself out real quick before saying No I am fine, not for a lack of trying on his part though. you think you can find the department? Jonathan stands up in the back of the truck and sees several hanging on to the sides of the bed of the truck and starts walking around hitting them in the face with the butt of the gun, knocking them loose. Before sitting back down by the back glass again.

Francoise nodded, the truck jumping along at her shifting and handling of the big vehicle. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can." She was driving pretty quick, and getting better with each passing minute, repeating the directions to herself, and maintaining a look out for the stumblers as she passed through. So far, there were none, and her target was dead ahead.

"Here we are...but...are you sure there are people inside, I mean, there seems to be NOBODY here..." Francoise commented after pulling up to the station, and taking a look around. She didn't risk anything, she left the engine running, and she was looking all around herself continuously, one foot over the accellerator.

Edward removes the manhole cover in-front of his apartment building and moves quickly inside.

He baracades the door and runs to his bedroom closet. He then hits the side of the wall twice in the same spot and a door on the side opens.

Edward pulls out a metal box and unlocks it revealing several small arms and supplies. He pulls out a back-pack and loads it.

Let's see....3 boxes of 45 auto-mag ammo, 3 boxes of shot-gun shells, 12 highway-flares, a transistor radio with new batteries, a couple of extra ones as well, and a flashlight.

He zips up the bag, puts two bottles of water in the outside pocket along with a bottle of vitamins. Edward slips into a pair of black sweat-pants with black hiking boots.

Edward then puts on a belt and holsters two 45 Auto-Magnums along with his survival knife. He then slings two sawed-off shotguns across his back. Picking up some rope and bungee cords he slings them across the front of his chest.

He prepares to leave his apartment and sees that he is still wearing his fake glasses. He takes them off and says, "Goodbye Edward it was nice knowing you."

He crushes the glasses in his hand and picks up a black head-band. He puts it on and says, "Welcome back Mr. Kincaid. Time to see if you still got it."

Jonathan climbs out his window and sprints out into the street.

"Please work. Please work." I get everything together and start the mixing, hoping I have the amounts and proportions right, or I'm dead. The zombies are just about through the windows, but they seem to be stuck getting into the room since they try to crawl over each other. That's fine with me. I need every second I can get.

I put my mask on, knowing how dangerous the fumes can be. I try to focus on the task at hand and not on the zombies. It's actually pretty easy to do once you realize just how insane my idea is.

I measure out and mix the nitric and sulfuric acids. I quickly plunge the beaker in the ice water as the exothermic reaction begins to heat up. Then I realize I'm an idiot and remember to add salt to the water to bring the temperature below freezing. I gently stir the water to help the temperature drop, praying that neither the heat or my stirring cause a premature explosion. Needless to say, that would be a bad thing right now.

A crash scares the hell out of me, and I almost knock over the beaker. Well, I wouldn't have had to worry about zombies anymore. Through the window I can see two zombies finally succeeded in pushing a desk out of the way and crawling into the room.

They slowly approach the window. My heart races even faster, sweat pouring down my face. I force my hands to stop shaking as I add the last ingredient. Oh so carefully I pour it into the acids and, oh...so...carefull...I stir the mixture knowing that touching the sides of the glass could set it-

SLAM!!!

"****ING ****!!!"
I lurch backwards, pulling the rod out without thinking. I stand there with my eyes closed, only the sound of my racing blood in my ears. I peek one eye open and realize I'm not dead.

SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM...

The zombies pound on the windows and airlock of the samples room. Focusing back on the task at hand, I pour my new solution into a large beaker water, making sure to keep the temperature right. All the while praying the the vibrations from the impacts doesn't set this off.

Putting everything else out of my mind, I pick up the beaker as gently as I can, knowing the slightest tremble means death. I take a step towards the door...and another...and another....and one more.

I set the beaker on the table I had moved next to the door and pop in a stopper. I know I have to move fast before the fumes build up, break the glass, and set the mixture off. I slide the Major's card and type his code, opening up the inner airlock door. The sound of the zombies pounding increases.

I gather what's left of my wits and courage and pure stupidity and run to the farthest window, pounding on it and yelling. "Come on! Come and get me! Come over here and get me you bastards!!!"

The zombies shuffle along the wall, pounding and reaching for me the whole way. When I get them to my window, I wait a couple of seconds to make sure they're tangled up. The window cracks under the strain.

Then I run back to the airlock, open the outer door, and grab the beaker. The zombies start to move back towards me. Right now, I either die or...who am I kidding, I'm probably going to die.

I pull the beaker back and fling it up into the room. I slam my hand on the close button, run out, slapping the other close button, and dive behind the table.

The nitroglycerin hits the floor...

Journal 1: Cont.

Thank god.... I was only a false alarm. Now back to my story.

"Someone!!! Hurry!!!" She screamed. What we all saw next made me sick.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=Little+Zombie+Girl&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G

It was horrible what coulda happened to her. Than from out of no where. She looked at her mom. And bit her! Right in the neck! Blood went every where!! Oh yeah that was a nasty bite. There was a chunk missing! It was horrible!

"Honey!!" Neal screamed as he ran over to his wife, "Hold in there I'm calling 911."

By this time everyone was in a panic. Screaming and yelling. No one noticed that Neal was being eatin' alive. It was too late for him. I knew what was going on. I just didn't think it was possible. He was know like my aunt and cousin. He was a zombie

"My cell phone isn't working!" someone yelled.

"Great" I thought, "No cell phones."

As the screaming got worse the zombies began to multiply. I thought of one thing get out of here. But first the survivors. I ran around dodging and rolling past the zombies or the bitten. It was horrible. I watched as my family were eatin' and ignored their cries if they were hut. I just hope I can be forgiven. I found Jon, Dunken, and Mick. We went got inside my house and locked everything. We boarded up my house as best we could.

We're working up a plan at the moment so I"ll continue this later.

Taking the keys Thomas had given him, Albert attempted to open the teachers lounge. With his hands shaking violently, he misses the lock twice before stopping. Putting his head against the wall he takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself.

"This can't be real, those aren't zombies. This doesn't happen in real life." Albert's attempt at reassuring himself was futile though, ten feet away he could see the same four zombies shaking at the front gate.

"**** you! You can't be real!" He screamed as he kicked the gate, unaffected the zombies continued their moaning. Albert turned away and managed to unlock the teachers lounge. Inside he quickly found a phone, however trying to dial 911 only resulted in a busy signal. "Of course, if it's like this all over the city, all the emergencies lines are bound to be tied up. Could this have really spreed all across Ravenholme by now? What if it's not just here..." For the second time that day, his heart raced back to California. He needed to know if they were okay, after he was done with the Janitor he would go back and try to e-mail them.

In a corner of the room Albert found a water cooler, taking several cups he left the room and started walking back towards the closet. Along the way he started to wonder how long the zombies had been walking about. He had been here all day, away from the news and the populace. The high school was located far away from any residential homes, so he wouldn't have heard any panic in the streets. As he walked, something caught his eye. Mounted in a glass case on the wall to his left was a rather large looking wooden axe used for fires.

"I probably will need a weapon, an axe would do nicely." With his hands full with water, Albert would have to come back for it. Knocking on the closet door, Albert entered the dingy little room. Thomas was still laying on the floor, propped up on some towels. Handing him some water, he gulped it down and took another cup.

"How you feeling?"
"Hot as hell, the bite is really irritating too."
Albert grabbed Thomas' hand and peeled back the bandages, his skin was starting to turn a deathly gray around the bite.
"Is help coming?"
"No, the phones are too busy right now."
"Do you....do you think we'll be okay here?"
"Well, we're pretty well fortified with the gate and the multiple buildings. We have lots of running water here and not to mention we have food in the freezers, as long as we have power. We could last here for awhile."
Thomas started to cough violently. "Thats if I make it." Albert began to notice how weak Thomas' voice had become.
"Hey, you're not doing that bad..."
"Don't...don't do that. I saw those people, they were sick, there's something wrong with them and now I'm gonna catch it. I'm gonna be like them."

Albert swallowed hard, he knew it was true. If these were zombies, then Thomas didn't have long. He could turn at any moment and Albert did not want to be there when it happened.

"I'll be right back, I saw an axe back there I want to keep. We might need a weapon."
"Wait, don't leave me alone."
"I'll be right back, you'll be okay. I'm just going down the hall."
"No, wait..."

Quickly getting up, Albert closed the door behind him and locked it. Thomas had gotten up and began to pound the door.

"Let me out! Don't leave me here alone! I don't want to be alone..."

Albert could here Thomas let out a soft sob, it took every ounce of will power not to open the door. "I'm so sorry..." He said in a weak voice. He waited a few seconds, listening to Thomas weep, before managing to turn away.

Jonathan breaks down the door to a sportings goods and cuts on his flashlight. He makes his way to the outdoors/camping section.

A few last minute items ought to do things up just fine let's see here....

He grabs a pair of black work-out gloves and slips them on. He throws another pair of sweats & boots in his bag and a first aid kit.

Jonathan puts it on his back.

OOOF! That's it no more shopping for me I don't think....

He hears something moving.

Uh-Oh time to cover and conceal.

Jonathan hides behind a shelf and sees....

Oh great 4 zombies...and me without a desk to sumersault off of this time.

He grabs 3 cans of bug spray.

I do believe that I saw an employees lounge area and a few gas mains. This bug spray shoud do the trick. Glad I spent the money to see "Batman Returns"

He makes his way to the back of the store and with his survival knife he cuts 3 gas lines. He then gets to the lounge and throws the 3 cans in the microwave oven and sets the clock for 3 minutes.

Time to go!

With that he runs out of the store and minutes later he hears a an ear shattering KABOOM!!!!!!!!!that shatters several other store windows along the street as he runs down the street and into the night.

That ought to keep the zombies busy for a minute.

Jonathan climbs out of the back of his truck and grabs the duffelbag with his equipment and the rifle and starts walking towards the door.

There should be at least one, but there is no guarantee, it is alot quieter than I expected though, considering the situation out here I expected pandemonium.

looking back at claire You might want to get a better weapon out of my duffelbag than the mace, just in case

(IC: Roger Stone)
"Hey! Smallfry!" He beeped his horn and shouted at the man on the roof above. "Is there a way down from there?"
Roger jumped up. Who was that? Was he hostile? What did it matter? It was either stay on the roof that would soon be swarming zombies or go with a possibly hostile psycho.

Ben cranked the accelerator and spun the bike on the spot, making the two zombies who were approaching him recoil away. Ben quickly drove another twenty-odd feet to get away from the growing crowd for a moment before coming to a stop again. Looking back up at the person on the rooftop, he shouted, "There a fire escape or anything?!"

“Yeah. I can get down,” Roger ran to the fire escape. A zombie catapulted from the second story window. With one quick slice, its head came clean off. Two more flights and Roger was down by the motorcyclist.

“Can you get me out of here?”

I couldn't hear anything. Of course, none of my senses were exactly working right. Everything was an almost silent blur of light. My body felt like I'd been kicked a dozen times over. I roll over onto my knees. The air is dusty, and I'm coated with it. My mask keeps it out of my lungs.

I put my hands on the top of the table and slowly force myself up. It takes a minute for my eyes to clear. And another minute for my brains to start working. The windows are shattered. The inner airlock door is still intact. I wonder how this all happened. Why I'm in here.

I do remember that I had a gun, for some reason, and look around for it. Where the ****-I find it under a piece of fallen ceiling tile. Kicking away some dirt I find my spare clip. I stand up and look at the windows again, my mind finally putting the pieces back together.

Zombies!

I back up against the wall, freaking out about what's happening all over again. I blindly feel fumble with my weapon before I realize there's no sound. No banging. No shuffling. No moaning.

I slowly shuffle towards the window, trying to be quiet. I step on a piece of broken glass and flinch, crouching down and aiming my gun at the windows. Shaking slightly, I stand back up. I creep towards the wall, crunching glass with each step. I peek into the lab.

I rip of my mask. What I see makes me vomit. On my knees, I dry heave a few more times before I can finally regain control. I sit against the wall, sweating and shaking. I know more zombies could be coming, but it still takes me a few minutes to calm down.

I stand back up and force myself to crawl through the window. I try to step carefully, to avoid all the body parts scattered across the floor. Dried blood covers the walls. Pieces of flesh and other...things...also stick to the walls. I somehow keep the bile down and walk to the lab door. It's blown into the hallway.

I take a deep breath and put my gun out in front of me. I walk down the corridor...

Jonathan climbs out of the back of his truck and grabs the duffelbag with his equipment and the rifle and starts walking towards the door.

There should be at least one, but there is no guarantee, it is alot quieter than I expected though, considering the situation out here I expected pandemonium.

looking back at claire You might want to get a better weapon out of my duffelbag than the mace, just in case

Claire nodded, and slowly got out of the truck, tucking the mace into her pocket, then sifted through the dufflebag, and eventually pulled out a pistol. She was obviously inexperienced with it, and was shaking just a little, half from the gun, and half from what was going on. Her eyes were still darting all over the place, and she held the gun straight out in front of her, and got close behind Jonathan.

"Ready whenever you are..."

Well I'm gonna right the rest of the journal and head out. We got the plan worked out and I'm about to leave hopefully things will go good and we can get out of this hell hole.

After boarding up everything and locking the doors we all went to the living room and sat down. There was a long pause....... Mick was the one to break the ice.

"What the F*** just happened out there??!!"

"I know this is gonna sound crazy but I think it was Zombies."
I answered.

"What!??"

"Yeah that has to be it."

Dunken jumped in at this point. "I can understand why you say that but there would have been some kind of warning."

"There was."

"When!!??" Jon threw in.

"This morning it was on the news. It was talking about a murder that happened last night. Some dude had been eaten. And his body disepeared after they took it to the morgue."

"And why didn't you tell us!!!!???"

"Hey don't blame this on me!!!! That was the last thing on my mind when I got up!!"

"What are you talking about last thing on your mind!! You knew this was gonna happen some day!!!"

"No the F*** I didn't!! It was all just a joke!!! I never thought you were serious about this!!! And besides we were stupid teenagers back then!!"

And out of no where Jon punched me in the face. It didn't hurt. But I was stunned and I was pissed. I ran up to him he threw another one but I was ready I grabbed his arm and twisted it and I mean hard. He was on his knees. I knew I won this one. But what I didn't know was that Dunken was about to tackle me. He did. I let go of Jon's arm and slammed on the ground.

"What the hell!!" Mick screamed as he went for Dunken. But Jon grabbed his ankle and he feel to the ground. At this point. It was on. After a few more punches it wasn't even fighting one on one it was a full blown free for all. This lasted for a few minuets, and after a few black eyes and a broken nose on Dunkens end, we stopped. Sat there, took a few deep breaths and started laughing.

I wiped some blood from my mouth and said. "Ha ha ha! You idiots there's zombies outside and we're fighting."

"Well come on Jay. You're the one who started yelling."

"Yeah well Jon's the one who punched me!"

"Well what did ya expect??"

"I don't know........"

"So... What are we gonna do??"

"I say we search the house. See what we can find and come up with a plan later. Sound good??"

"Sounds good to me. Lets do this."

We all split up searching the house for who knows what. I went of to my room and got my combat knife. I knew this baby was going to come in handy. I looked around the room one more time and found my old journal. I sat on my bed and wrote the first part. When I heard a noise. It was a loud thud followed by Mick screaming for me. I ran out and found him in the hall the attic door was pulled down. I saw him with a big grin. And he had my dog in his hand.

"Whats up??"

"Dunken wants us in the kitchen.'

"K. But why ya have to yell?"

"You'll see Dunken said meet him in the kitchen. He's got a surprise for you."

We walked to the kitchen to see Dunken in Jon at the table. And there wasn't food in the middle. It was allot better. My dads twelve gauge. I was the one grinning now. I sat down and wrote the next part we ate a little bit. Thats when we started with the plan.

"We can't stay here."
Dunken started.

"I know. We only got about a weeks worth of food."

"And on top of that one gun. With 15 shells."

"So we leave."

"No we don't have a car my mom has the keys. And if she didn't make it out....... she a zombie. My voice cracked a little. So before we think of anything we gotta find out what kind of zombies we're dealing with."

"There different types???"

"Yeah like.. there's scrombies."

"What??"

"Ya a know scrawny zombies. Old, fast, easy to kill."

"They're not scrombies. They haven't been dead long enough."

"Yeah yeah I know. I was just given him an example."

"So here are our choices: Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, ya know stuff like that."

"So whats the difference?"

"Resident Evil zombies are made from a virus. And if thats the case we could already be infected. Plus it infects everything. Humans, animals, even plants. So lets hope that isn't the case."

"What about Dawn of the Dead?"

"Thats a mix of runners and walking zombies. But no animals or plants. But I haven't seen any fast moving ones. Plus they look kinda stupid."

"So Shaun of the Dead?"

"Shaun of the dead."

"Stupid and slow. So what are we gonna do?" There was a long pause... than it hit me. "The Millennium Trooper!!!! "

"What!???"

"It's my van. It can hold 9 people. plus it's gotta storage department on the top with a sun roof. It would be perfect to fight these zombies!!!"

"Well how are we gonna get to it??"

"My bike. I can get there in twenty minuets if the roads are clear."

"Thats a good plan. I say we go for it."

"Thats that then." I went to my room and put on my leather biking jacket and gloves. I also put on a pare of long baggy pants and tucked them into my boots. I'm taking my knife and the shot gun. With all the shells. I got some holders so it's gonna be allot easier to hold it all. I'm writing this journal in the garage. Next to my Harley. Next time you hear from me it'll be from Jon's house. If I make it there.

End Journal 1

Claire nodded, and slowly got out of the truck, tucking the mace into her pocket, then sifted through the dufflebag, and eventually pulled out a pistol. She was obviously inexperienced with it, and was shaking just a little, half from the gun, and half from what was going on. Her eyes were still darting all over the place, and she held the gun straight out in front of her, and got close behind Jonathan.

"Ready whenever you are..."

Jonathan reaches in his bag and takes out the .357 and pushes open the front door slowly and steps inside its deserted there is noone here at all, but its not that big of a department so he walks down the hall to the left that goes by the cheifs office and doesn't see anyone. He walks back out to the lobby and takes the door on the right that goes back to the offices and the dispatch area. He walks into the dispatch area and takes the key to the jail and using one of the other keys on the ring he opens the safe down another hall to the right, this is where they store all the weapons and ammo that has been seized from perps in the past.

He is looking at the guns trying to decide if he should take some more firepower in case there are a couple of shotguns hanging up also that might come in handy, he grabs two of them and a couple of boxes of shells sitting on a shelf then loads and puts his .357 back in his waistband.

There is a chance he is hiding in the Jail if It got bad here and he could secure a cell that would probably be the safest place for him.

Jonathan is about to check the Jail when he hears a loud bang where someone had slammed there hand into the door of the jail. He knows the sound because he made it once before when he had to wake up a prisoner his dispatcher thought was dead, when he actually was just a heavy sleeper.

He starts easing around the corner then snickers because for some reason he feels the urge to say.

Be Vewy Vewy Qwiet I'm hunting Wabbits.

He opens the door and looks down the hall in front of the cells and sees several of the things piled up slamming on a door at the end. After Locking the door he breaks out the glass that lets you look down the hallway and yells.

Matt is that you in the cell?

No response, well regardless he has some cleaning to do because the window breaking has gotten their attention and they are turning towards him now.

I limp down the hallway. Something must have landed on my while I was down because it feels like I'm getting over a charlie horse. And my adrenaline has finally dropped enough for me to feel it. But my heart's still in my throat expecting to be attacked at any time. I listen for any zombie sounds, but only hear silence.

I'm going to need more ammo. I know that, even if I hit everyone of those things with a head shot, I wouldn't be able to even take out three dozen. I don't know how many zombies there are, and I'm not that good of a shot. For all I know, the whole town-

Gunfire shakes me out of that depressing though. I run down the hallway knowing full well I'm heading towards a group of zombies. But I also know I'm heading towards survivors. Unless zombies shoot guns too...

I reach a corner and can hear the fire on the other side. I peek my head around the corner and see just where I wanted to go: the armory. The two soldiers guarding it see me, stop for a second, then fire at me as well. Chunks of wall explode next to my head. Dammit! Stupid John. Real stupid.

I take my mask off and strip out of my hazmat suit. "This is Captain Pierce! Hold your fire!" I peek again, but no bullets head my way this time. One of the zombies turns my way. With a confidence I don't really feel, I step out from the corner and put a bullet in it's head. He drops. I put a bullet into the backs of each of the other zombies heads. They drop to.

I holster my gun and put my hands in the air. "Don't shoot. They didn't get me. Identify yourselves."

One soldier looks at his friend, then back at me. "Private Nguyen."

The other soldier keeps her rifle on me. "Corporal Jones."

I nod and walk into the armory. "What have we got?"

Nguyen shrugs as Jones keeps watch. "Not much. Just pistols and clips. Our rifles are almost out. We don't have access to the bigger stuff."

I pull out Major Smith's card. "I've got that covered." I slide the card and type in the Major's code. The inner door opens. Nguyen follow me in. I look around at all the rifles and other weapons.

"Sir, what's going on out there?" Jones asks.

"I'm not really sure myself. Best I can figure, those things are zombies."

"Zombies?!?" they say. I just look at them. "Holy ****, he's serious," Nguyen says.

I throw a couple of rucksacks on the ground, then start with the P90's. "Fill 'em up." Nguyen starts loading clips. "Jones." She turns. I toss her an MP-5 and a rucksack. "Pistols and clips." She starts loading the sack while keeping watch.

"This is what I do know. Bullets don't phase these things," I say. "They just shrug them off. So put a bullet in their heads."

Nguyen looks up from his second bag. "Their heads?"

"My best guess is if you take out the brain, they drop." I toss him another sack. "Grenades." He just looks at me. "Explosives work too. Trust me. AS long as it takes out their brains." I grab some claymores and C-4. Then I remember to also grab some detonators.

"Electricity doesn't work. They just walked through the fence. Fire might work, but they'll probably keep going until their brains are toasted."

"Heh, Zombie Torch." I look an Nguyen. "You know, like the Human Torch...Fantastic Four? It's a joke."

"Yeah, I get it. I only laugh at funny ones." Jones laughs. I grab a sniper rifle, then reconsider and put it back. "By the way, don't let them bite you."

"Bite us?" Nguyen asks, his eyes feels with hear.

"They've been eating our men." Both of them turn white. "If they bite you, you've got a few minutes. You'll start to burn up. Then die. Then become one of them." That stuns them and for a few minutes we work in silence.

"Sir," Jones says, "well never be able to carry all this."

I sigh. "I know. But we need everything we can carry." I shake my head. "I can't believe I'm doing this." I slip on a flak jacket then grab a P90 and load a few clips in the pockets. I grab a couple of grenades too. "Hold this room. If I'm not back in twenty minutes, take what you can carry and make a break for the civilian vehicles. Not the military vehicles because the zombies will be surrounding them."

"Why?"

"Because that's where I'm going."

I step out of the armory. "Sir, have you done this sort of thing before?" Jones asks.

"Sure. Back in basic." They both get a worried look on their faces. I just head down the hallway.

Walking down the hall and trying to push the sound of Thomas out his head, Albert finally finds his way back to the axe he had found. It was in a glass case, so it should've been easy to break.

"Okay, in the movies they usually just bash it with their elbow...." Lifting his arm, Albert readies himself to smash it, but hesitates. "Wait, what if I cut myself? Jesus, I'm such a wussy." Looking around he sees a small metal waste can that he uses to hurl at the glass, which shatters and sprinkles across the floor. Hefting the axe off its latch, Albert is a little surprised by its weight. "Hmm, it's gonna be hard to swing against groups of them, hopefully they come at me one at a time." Placing it over his shoulder, Albert leaves the building and heads back to his classroom.

He throws himself down onto his chair and rests his head in his hands for a few seconds. It had only been forty minutes since he had left, but it felt like days out of his life had just flown by, as if he had fallen asleep and woken up years later to find the world had changed around him. Turning to the laptop, Albert considers his next course of action. The internet appears to be working, but who knows how long he'll have access to it. He decides to skim the news sites, see if he can find anything on the zombies. A search of the Associated Press brings up a few articles of cannibalistic attacks, none specifically mentioned zombies. However, a couple were from Ravenholme, only a few days ago. "These attacks had to have been a precursor, if these were zombies then that means the initial spread of them started off very slowly, who would've thought much of two or three attacks? However, it makes sense that it they plague would've spread so violenty, if one attacks three and then those three attack three each and so on, it would've spread like wildfire." Albert reflects on the articles a bit longer, not much is mentioned in them aside from locations and dates. "I wonder, if you went back to the location of the first victim, if you could figure out where these things originally came from...Well, that's not a matter for me."

Next Albert brought up his Gmail account, so far he had not found any mention of cannibalistic attacks in California, however, that did not mean they hadn't occurred. He starts to compose a general letter for all his friends and family to read, he didn't want to take the time to address them each individually in case he lost connection.

"I hope you're getting this in time, I'm stuck in Ravenholme and there appears to be some kind of virus spreading throughout the city. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's turning people into flesh eating maniacs, like zombies, and when they bite someone they become infected. So far, I'm okay, I'm safe inside the school. I'll be able to hide here for a while, but I don't know how long. I pray that it's only happening here in Ravenholme, but to be safe, you guys better barricade the windows and doors, stay inside your homes, stay away from other people unless you know they haven't been bitten. I DON'T WANT ANYONE COMING FOR ME. I'm safe here for now and when I can, I'll make my way back home. You can try alerting the authorities, though I'm sure by now someone has to know. I pray to God you're all safe and that I'll see you again. I love you all, I'll try to stay in contact."

With a click, Albert sends the letter off. Leaning back in his chair he looks out the window and begins to wonder to himself. "I can stay here as long as I have food and I'll have food as long as I have power, but if this city is in chaos, how long will that last? I need to have a plan B, but I can't do that unless I get a better idea as to how bad this really is. I've got to find a way to assess my situation."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"