Things You Want To See With This Reboot That Never Has Been Done Before?

I would so like to see the whole idea of Jor-El being an active part of Superman's life just disappear.

The idea that a magic crystal creates a Fortress where Clark is trained by his long dead father is bad enough. But Jor-El's active participation make Superman seem less intelligent and curious than he should be.

Brainiac.
And an actual serious, intimidating looking Lex.
A Lex that you wouldn't wanna tangle with physically.
But as smart as Einstein and Bill gates combined.

What about an amalgamation of the Superman Revenge Squad and The Elite?

General Sam Lane organizes a trio of super-powered “heroes” known to the public at large as The Elite. Sergeant John Corben / Metallo leads the squad made up of Leslie Mann / Livewire and Rudy Jones / Parasite. The operation is strictly off-the-books, funded by Morgan Edge (or Lex Luthor, if we recast. Or Lex Luthor Sr., if we must retain continuity).

This wouldn’t work for Cavill, but I’d love it if they leaned into the “Superman is too perfect” thing.

I’d love to see someone make Superman the strongest, smartest, funniest, handsomest, most charismatic guy on the planet.

In fact, make him so good that he makes the disguise work through sheer force of will. Nobody knows how he does it. He just does.

Cast an actor who’s charismatic as ****, channel some old fashioned Iron Man energy, and you’ve got yourself at least two good movies.

(This set-up doesn’t necessarily lend itself to deeper storytelling but it’s be a good way to revive audience interest in the character IMO)

EDIT: 3 good movies

I wanna see a lex as good looking as Brad Pitt, as smart as Einstein, and as evil as Stalin.

This wouldn’t work for Cavill, but I’d love it if they leaned into the “Superman is too perfect” thing.

I’d love to see someone make Superman the strongest, smartest, funniest, handsomest, most charismatic guy on the planet.

In fact, make him so good that he makes the disguise work through sheer force of will. Nobody knows how he does it. He just does.

Cast an actor who’s charismatic as ****, channel some old fashioned Iron Man energy, and you’ve got yourself at least two good movies.

(This set-up doesn’t necessarily lend itself to deeper storytelling but it’s be a good way to revive audience interest in the character IMO)

EDIT: 3 good movies
tumblr_miz829Jf5v1r8byrro8_250.gif

I'll bet real money Brainiac is going to be the main villain, and I'll also bet we will get an A lister for Lex.
An actual intimidating Lex.

Bradley Cooper, Brad Pitt, or matthew mcconaughey as Lex.
Keanu Reeves, Hugo weaving, or benicio del toro for Brainiac.
I'd die if any is even considered.

Brainiac or Mongul. I'll kick and moan if it's anybody else.

Oh, and Bob Odenkirk as President Luthor.

I think a Gladiator-like story with Superman on War World leading a revolution against Mongul could be fun, sure, but I don’t think that’s the next Superman movie I want to see.

And after Zod, Doomsday, and Steppenwolf, I’d prefer the filmmakers Move away from another alien / otherworldly threat in the next Superman movie. Focus on his humanity.

Sure, Brainiac’s great. But so is Metallo, Parasite, Livewire, etc.

If they want to be successful, I think they should play to Cavill’s strengths. So far, those seem to be posing, brooding, being serious, and dedicating himself to making action scenes look legit (which is no small feat). An action-packed, two hour movie that doesn’t require him to show a ton of vulnerability will let him shine.

If they’re dead set on trying to bring the “classic” Superman to the screen, personality and all, my recommendation would be to pair him up with Kara. If he gets to be the wise, older mentor to her bubbly, “immature” comedic relief, he might do okay.

*edited for grammar

Last edited:
Since Cavill isn't really the friendly Superman type but more remote, they can have him fly someone's pet kitten or bunny up onto a tree and leave it stuck there instead of the typical rescuing of one.

I really feel anti monitor is the way to go.
His presence could be felt throughout all the films without interfering with each films separate villain storyline.

I'd also have spectre make a cameo in all the films.
He would appear to heroes and villains alike, warning of the coming crisis.
They must all work together or they all die.

Maybe Clark thought his dad was the anti monitor when he was a kid because he was always trying to make him cut down on screen time.

I would like Metropolis to be a west coast city, like LA. Make it the brighter sunnier counterpart to Matt Reeves Gotham in The Batman.

Sleek futuristic buildings (the city of tomorrow).

Brainiac and an actual intimidating Lex.

A villain not named "Lex Luthor" or "General Zod" would be a good start.
Zod, yes.

I still contend that Lex should be in the mix, but in the same model as STAS where he’s more of a supporting character who’s pulling strings in private than the straightforward villain of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"