Things You Want To See With This Reboot That Never Has Been Done Before?

Lex Luthor should be the businessman who basically built Metropolis, that Superman can't figure out how to bring to justice (because he is too smart and powerful), played by an actor with gravitas and intelligence and presence. We've never had the cinematic version of the John Byrne Man Of Steel Lex Luthor in live action. Its time we fix that.

A villain not named "Lex Luthor" or "General Zod" would be a good start.
Lex Luthor is a constant, unavoidable presence in Metropolis and should always be in the story, imo, even if he’s not the Big Bad.

I want a Lex played by someone with leading man qualities. He’s got to be charming enough to have the public fooled into thinking he’s a great man. Sadly, John Shea’s version from Lois & Clark is the only one in live-action that has come close to the version I want to see. The STAS version remains the standard for me thus far.

A villain not named "Lex Luthor" or "General Zod" would be a good start.

We'll probably get that then, following the pattern of Superman 1 and 2 so that the general public end up knowing no other Superman villains.

I'd like to see a live action Parasite.

Clark investigating a story about intergang, while Lois is investigating something else (Cadmus maybe) and then the two stories turn out to be connected forcing them to work together. Earning each other's respect and building rapport.

A live action adaptation of Metallo—an amalgamation of his character with Manchester Black. The public at large supports Metallo when he kills Toyman (like Manchester Black kills Atomic Skull in Superman vs the Elite) but rally behind Superman when Metallo’s brand of justice starts to go too far.

Meanwhile, Lois (with Clark and Jimmy) is investigating a connection between Intergang and “stolen” LexCorp tech.

Lex Luthor is a constant, unavoidable presence in Metropolis and should always be in the story, imo, even if he’s not the Big Bad.

I want a Lex played by someone with leading man qualities. He’s got to be charming enough to have the public fooled into thinking he’s a great man. Sadly, John Shea’s version from Lois & Clark is the only one in live-action that has come close to the version I want to see. The STAS version remains the standard for me thus far.
BRAD PITT.
Eldris Elba
Matthew mcconaughey
Jason Isaacs.
I can think of several off the top of my head.

A live action adaptation of Metallo—an amalgamation of his character with Manchester Black. The public at large supports Metallo when he kills Toyman (like Manchester Black kills Atomic Skull in Superman vs the Elite) but rally behind Superman when Metallo’s brand of justice starts to go too far.

Meanwhile, Lois (with Clark and Jimmy) is investigating a connection between Intergang and “stolen” LexCorp tech.
I'd rather just have Manchester Black in that story, tbh. He has more personality than Metallo and we avoid the damn Kryptonite crutch. (I f***ing hate Kryptonite as a plot device lol)

And I'd rather see Atomic Skull than Toyman, too. :funny:

I'd rather just have Manchester Black in that story, tbh. He has more personality than Metallo and we avoid the damn Kryptonite crutch. (I f***ing hate Kryptonite as a plot device lol)

Lol fair enough. I’d rather see Metallo & the Superman Revenge Squad repurposed as The Elite:

- John Corben / Metallo (field leader)
- Rudy Jones / Parasite
- Leslie Willis / Livewire
- Frederick von Frankenstein / Riot

Toyman I could take or leave. I just thought he could provide for fun action / visuals instead of just another strong guy for Superman to punch.

Last edited:
I also think you could adapt Metallo without a Kryptonite power source. Maybe that’s a later upgrade.

My God. Denzel would have been a PERFECT Lex. He's too old now, but 20 - 25 years ago?

He'd still make a good perry.

I'd love Manchester Black, obviously Lex is gonna play some role but he doesn't need to be outright villain in the first film. Maybe not in any film, but just a growing threat building up with paranoia

I kind of want to see Supes off-world for a chunk of the film.

I'd love to see Mongol as a villain. I always thought that JL episode with Superman as a gladiator and inspiring an uprising would have made a great story for a movie.

I kind of want to see Supes off-world for a chunk of the film.
Same. But I've always preferred his more cosmic side. The Trial of Superman is one of my favorite little 90's arcs, and that's just a straight-up space romp lol.

I think that's a big part of the Brainiac appeal for a movie, tbh. It can take him off-world while he investigates the mystery of Brainiac's M.O., but he's still protecting Earth by the end of the story.

And of course I'd love to see the Warworld Saga and Mongul adapted somewhere down the line, because that's already one of my favorite Supes stories of all-time, but I'd never do that for a first film. The sequel, or a final entry in a trilogy though, absolutely.

I'd love to see Mongol as a villain. I always thought that JL episode with Superman as a gladiator and inspiring an uprising would have made a great story for a movie.

I think that’d be an awesome side-quest story for Superman in a Supergirl movie.

Brainiac invades Earth, and Superman is transported into the bottle city of Kandor. Depowered under a synthetic red sun, Kal-El leads his fellow Kryptonians in a against Brainiac drones while Supergirl faces off against the real Brainiac as he attacks Metropolis.

Last edited:
I think this is all gonna lead to a kingdom come film(s)

I could see a later Superman sequel adapting Kingdom Come, sure. Maybe after a Justice League or two. Just like Captain America: Civil War. But I’m not expecting a direct adaptation.

They don't directly adapt comics stories, even when they literally name the movie after them.

I'd like to see Lex in his early 40s portrayed as a self made billionaire from the Slums of Metropolis who transformed a once great but run down city into the City of Tomorrow through tech, designs, and patents he created (He likely created them as a teen). So I want a slightly futuristic Metropolis.

I'd also show Lex as being bored, as he knows there are no more challenges for him on this world. Which leads to his fascination with Superman. Have Lex create smaller scale disasters where he is secretly testing Superman's strength, and speed etc.

I'd have Superman having been around for awhile. Six months to a year, and having already been dubbed Superman by the media, but not having given any interviews as to where he's from, because he doesn't know yet.

Villain wise my personal trilogy would go, Parasite, Brainiac, and Mongul. Lex would always be around

My Brainiac would be based on TAS as that is my favorite iteration of the character.

Flick, I suspect this is gonna be a Superman vs The Elite story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"