this could be the scariest film you MIGHT see...

DorkyFresh said:
exactly...EVERYONE is an expert at EVERYTHING on these boards.

Armchair experts.

thealiasman2000 said:
So, DorkyFresh,

Exactly in which year will The Day After Tommorrow happen?

Do you havean estimate year when gobal warming ends up killing us all?
well...i'm not gonna act like i know everything (like some people). i really don't know much of the facts. i don't know what year, i don't know exactly what's gonna happen, or how many people will be directly effected by global warming.

the only fact i know is that the majority of the world's leading scientists agree that man is a big contributing factor to global warming. even one climate researcher named David Battisti (who was sceptical about global warming) when talking about the effect man's automotive and industrial emissions said "The process is 1,000 times faster than nature can do it."

don't understimate the destructive power of man...

...all i'm saying is to be AWARE and be CAREFUL instead of being careless. if they're wrong about global warming...GREAT! we can live our lives with one less worry....but if they're RIGHT, then we need to do something.

Stewie Griffin said:
Armchair experts.

lol! :up:

One thing I gotta mention is the Hurricane Katrina thing. Hurricane Katrina was a powerful storm yes, but we have seen storms just as powerful hit the US, remember the destruction of Hurricane Andrew back in the '90s. The difference with Katrina is it hit a city below sea level, the reason New Orleans wasn't underwater already was the levees. I knew someone who lived in New Orleans, she told me when I visited that when (not if, when) those levees broke the city would be destroyed, well they finally broke and the city was destroyed. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

SuperDude said:
Put their careers on the line? Global warming is the biggest left-wing bandwagon since post-civil rights movement racism. If anything they'll be praised by the left and all the kids who are taught that global warming is absolutely fool proof fact. I know that's what I learned in school. Imagine my suprise when I found out it was a debated issue. Same with evolution. I never even knew there sides on these until high school and then I learned about it out of class. Wierd, huh? But don't worry, these scientists aren't in any carreerical danger.

Actually, evolution is not a debate issue. The only place where people argue against it is in the United States and the muslim world. Now why would that be tha case hmmm? Could it have somehting to do with blind religious followers?

amazingfantasy15 said:
One thing I gotta mention is the Hurricane Katrina thing. Hurricane Katrina was a powerful storm yes, but we have seen storms just as powerful hit the US, remember the destruction of Hurricane Andrew back in the '90s. The difference with Katrina is it hit a city below sea level, the reason New Orleans wasn't underwater already was the levees. I knew someone who lived in New Orleans, she told me when I visited that when (not if, when) those levees broke the city would be destroyed, well they finally broke and the city was destroyed. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

You're missing the point. Hurricanes of that magnitude do happen, but rarely. Also, if you paid attention to the news before it hit New Orleans, you'd remember that they were predicting even then that it would be a catastrophe before anyone thought about what it could do to the levees, because it had become so strong at sea. Obviously, it weakened over land (as all ocean-born storms do), but that doesn't change how powerful it was. The breaking of the levees was just an impact (a major one, obviously).

I don't get it.

If DorkyFresh is really all that intrested about saving the planet, why does he post this on a MOVIE Board?

Why doesn't he forward this to The President, or the major oil companies, or the Un or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"