Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg Sell Sony on Raunchy Animated Film 'Sausage Party'

MrMaooz

Avenger
Reaction score
Coming off the success of "This Is the End," the adult-targeted toon from the comedy duo tells the story of "one sausage's quest to discover the truth about his existence."
Sony Pictures Entertainment and Annapurna Pictures are partnering on what is being envisioned as an R-rated animated film titled Sausage Party from Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
Rogen and Goldberg, coming off the success of This Is the End for Sony, packaged the project with Annapurna and presented it to the studio, which signed on to co-finance it with Annapurna.
Written by Rogen, Goldberg, Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir from a story by Rogen, Goldberg and Jonah Hill, the film will be directed by Conrad Vernon (Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens, Madagascar 3) and Greg Tiernan.
Annapurna and Rogen and Goldberg's Point Grey Pictures are producing.
The film will be produced by Megan Ellison, Rogen, Goldberg and Vernon. Hill, James Weaver, Hunter and Shaffir are exec producing.
Nitrogen Studios Canada in Vancouver will handle all CG animation, design, production and postproduction. Sony Pictures will release the film worldwide and the studio is eyeing a release date in 2015.
The film is described as a raunchy animated movie about one sausage's quest to discover the truth about his existence. After falling out of a shopping cart, our hero sausage and his new friends embark on a perilous journey through the supermarket to get back to their aisles before the Fourth of July sale.
Andrea Giannetti will oversee the project for the studio along with Hannah Minghella. David Distenfeld will oversee the project for Annapurna.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/seth-rogen-evan-goldberg-sell-635455

Haha, I heard them talking about this in an interview a while back - looks like they finally found someone to produce it.

Did Rogen and Apatow have a falling out or something? They haven't worked together in years, and it seems like Rogen and Goldberg are working by themselves now.

Sounds bad, but I'm definitely giving it a chance after This is the End. The actual footage will probably be better than the plot.

Did Rogen and Apatow have a falling out or something? They haven't worked together in years, and it seems like Rogen and Goldberg are working by themselves now.

Not that I know of

Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig Lead ‘Sausage Party’ Voice Cast (Exclusive)

Edward Norton, Michael Cera, Nick Kroll and David Krumholtz will also lend their voices to the raunchy animated comedy

The gang behind “This Is the End” is getting back together again, as the comedic quintet of Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera and David Krumholtz will lead the voice cast of the raunchy animated movie “Sausage Party” along with Kristen Wiig, Edward Norton and Nick Kroll, TheWrap has learned.

Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan are directing the R-rated animated comedy for Sony Pictures and Annapurna Pictures. Rogen and Evan Goldberg wrote the script with Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir.

Annapurna’s Megan Ellison will produce with Rogen and Goldberg’s Point Grey Pictures, as well as Vernon. Point Grey’s James Weaver will executive produce with Hill, Hunter and Shaffir.

“Sausage Party” follows one heroic piece of meat’s quest to discover the truth about his existence. After falling out of a shopping cart, the sausage protagonist teams up with some new friends to embark on a perilous journey through the supermarket and return to their aisles before the Fourth of July sale.

The Point Grey principals packaged the project before presenting it to Sony, which subsequently agreed to co-finance the film with Annapurna. Hannah Minghella and Andrea Giannetti will oversee “Sausage Party” for Sony, while David Distenfeld will oversee the project for Annapurna.

Vancouver-based Nitrogen Studios Canada will handle all CG animation, design, production and post-production on the film, which Sony will release in 2015.

The eight actors comprise a hilarious ensemble that should ensure that adult audiences show up to support an animated movie in theaters.

Rogen, Hill and Wiig are veteran voice actors who have lent their pipes to numerous animated voices as well as “The Simpsons,” which counts as Norton’s sole voice credit. Cera has never voiced a character in an animated feature, while Krumholtz had a voice role in “Battle for Terra.” Kroll just signed on to voice one of the leads in DreamWorks Animation’s “Captain Underpants,” while Wiig’s distinctive voice can currently be heard trying to seduce Joaquin Phoenix in Spike Jonze’s “Her.”

WME reps Hill and Kroll, who are respectively managed by LBI Entertainment and Mosaic. UTA reps Rogen and Wiig, who are respectively managed by Principal Entertainment LA and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment. UTA also represents Norton, who recently followed agent Brian Swardstrom from WME. Cera is repped by ICM Partners and Thruline Entertainment, while Krumholtz is repped by the Gersh Agency and Untitled Entertainment. Franco is represented by CAA.

http://www.thewrap.com/seth-rogen-james-franco-jonah-hill-kristen-wiig-sausage-party

Sounds interesting and could be on par with South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut?

I'm kind of weary based on how much I disliked This is the End but I'll give it a shot when its out on blu ray.

This Is The End is brilliant!

Seth Rogen talked about this animated movie on Howard Stern. its on youtube.

Megan Ellison is the producer and said yes when everyone said no. there will be a big food orgy sex scene.

l5gpupy.jpg

Seems so damn bizarre. Very interested in seeing the trailer

Obviously won't post here, but the red band trailer is out. My reaction was pretty much a resounding "Meh". I didn't chuckle once.:down

this looks fantastic.. I love the concept ^^

I am dying to see how many moms take their kids to this when it's released without doing any research.

What doesn't get good buzz out of sxsw these days tho?

That trailer looked so stupid and to think ppl will say this is revolutionary cause of an orgy scene.

I suppose...

But this looks funny to me. I'll check it out

I love how they mix in adult themes in an animated movie..

for example that saving private ryan reference is so well done there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"