Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg Sell Sony on Raunchy Animated Film 'Sausage Party'

$33.6 million OW. Biggest August animated opening ever and biggest R-rated animated opening ever. Not too shabby.

I just saw it and I thought it was okay. I ended up getting bored by a lot of it but some of the jokes were pretty clever. I loved the [BLACKOUT]Meat Loaf[/BLACKOUT] gag and the [BLACKOUT]orgy[/BLACKOUT] at the end had the whole theater in stitches. It spoiled some of the funnier moments in the trailers, like the Saving Private Ryan homage, but I guess there had to be a hook to get people to see it. It was a decent enough raunchy spin on Pixar/Dreamworks movies.

I really liked it. It's a case where the shock and raunchy humor works because there's an underlying, smart and surprisingly positive message where the type of humor is really earned. I'm curious to see what the second viewing will be like.

Thanks for posting that darkb, was wondering if someone was going to mention that or just ignore it.

Just found out Alan Menken wrote the opening song Great Beyond. I thought it was a little too ****ing catchy.

Missed the first 10 minutes or so, but was entertained by most of the film. Some stuff didn't really do it for me while others had me rolling.

the toilet paper character had me on the floor :hehe:

Lols. The twinkie is my favorite character. ...lols he's so cute

Sausage Party comes in at second in it's 2nd weekend at the BO.

Remaining in second place, Sony Pictures‘ Sausage Party grossed $15.3 million its second weekend, a drop of about 55% in ticket sales. Made for just $19 million, the R-rated animated comedy has earned $65.3 million in North America.

Exhibitor Relations
@ERCboxoffice

SAUSAGE PARTY has staying power--in its 3rd
weekend Sony's R-rated animated hit is still
adding sites, extending to 3,135.

Finally got to see this on blu ray. Overall, I enjoyed it, it had some truly hilarious moments and that climax, ho BOY, they went there, didn't they?

But, if I'm being honest, I felt a sense of disappointment, too. I felt the trailers kind misrepresented the movie's story, it looked like it was gonna be horror-comedy film about these foods being taken home and trying to avoid being eaten and escape. It definitely had that element in there but I think the story got more complicated than it needed to be and I felt it dragged at parts. I know its a dumb, stoner comedy, but the script could've been much tighter. To me at least. I would have preferred the whole movie be like that kitchen scene they showed in the trailer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"