Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg Sell Sony on Raunchy Animated Film 'Sausage Party'

the constant swearing makes it look desperate for attention. on top of the fact the just for moral reasons I don't think they should be making this movie.

Moral reasons? You're kidding me, right? Please, please, pllllleeeeeaaaasssse tell me you're joking.

tumblr_m6zei6meGe1qknsr6o1_500.gif

Good reviews across the board mostly. A lot are saying it's one of the smarter animated comedies to come out in a while, and takes a lot of jabs at the Disney and Dreamworks plots.

Grace Randolph's review was rediculous. Can't believe she is a film school graduate. The points she makes are those of a competely biased and uneducated idividual.

I can't wait for this.

Just got back and movie was hilarious and way over the top, but in a good way. Love how they went out of their way to offend EVERYONE regardless of race or viewpoint...

Grace Randolph's review was rediculous. Can't believe she is a film school graduate. The points she makes are those of a competely biased and uneducated idividual.

She is doing what she does to get views and attention, I ignore her because she is a piece of crap... Why give her attention and encourage more behavior like that?

Just got home from the 7:15 show (it was a sell out).
I was expecting crude and raunchy with a lot of swearing but it exceeded anything I was expecting by a factor of 10:thud:, but in a way that totally works.
A lot of the audience was howling with laughter at parts (myself included).
As was mentioned above, there's a little something to offend just about everyone (if they aren't too busy laughing instead).
As well received as the movie was it still surprised me when the crowd cheered after it ended.
I have no idea how the movie will open as this crowd was made up of exactly those people who would like it, but I think it could surprise.

I can't believe this thing is getting the praise it is. I had a feeling it was going to be hilarious, but I never in a million years thought the critics would actually enjoy this film for what it is.

It's alright. A little boring and dull, but there are some really hilarious parts. 3/5.

I am surprised by the critical reception that this is getting. Wasn't impressed by the trailers, but might check it at some point.

Perhaps it could be a sleeper hit? An adult animated film is just too damn interesting to not at least be curious about to see. If WOM spreads, it could happen.

I'd put the O/U at $30 million. And I'd take the over.

Perhaps it could be a sleeper hit? An adult animated film is just too damn interesting to not at least be curious about to see. If WOM spreads, it could happen.

They're so few and far between that they always attract curiosity. The last high-profile R-rated animated movie I remember before this was South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut 17 years ago. There have been others since then (Anomalisa, the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie), but those were more or less indie releases.

EDIT: I forgot Team America, but that technically isn't animated.

Last edited:
I could see this overtaking Suicide Squad in the coming weeks. It already seems like it's cutting into this weekend's BO like I thought it would.

Saw this tonight. Honestly, it had its moments but I thought it lagged for long parts, and wasn't nearly as hilarious or as offensive as some had made it out to be. It kinda feels like a sketch comedy show bit stretched out to 90 mins. I can appreciate the effort though, the shear fact this thing was even made is a minor miracle in and of itself, I would like to see more animated films geared towards adults, so maybe this will kick start something.

6/10

Bro, I am DTFASU!

Down to **** a sausage UP!

:hehe:

Looks like $32 million per deadline this morning. Great start. I think the r-rated animated movie record is South Park at $52 million domestic. It should easily top that.

This was really funny.
It dragged at some parts and I was surprised when I checked my phone and saw how short this movie was after it ended.

But yeah I laughed a lot. No complaint at the humor. Twoards the end when it tried to do "religion is stupid" "crapping on other's religion is stupid" then to "everything is stupid" it didn't really work for me, but that's such a small part of the movie that it didn't detract.

As I said the only problem is pacing. It's 1.5 hours and felt much longer.

I'd see again, I kinda wish I didn't even see the first trailer to be fully surprised. But all in all a funny movie

The food orgy scene was ridiculous

The food orgy was great. It was funny, but a little disappointed because expected more due to reviews being so great 7/10. My favorite part was the end reveal, that was classic.

Yeah, the ending was hilarity. Basically them admitting how insane the concept was.

Interesting that most of the voice cast was also in "This is The End"

My god, I don't think I can even post my actual thoughts on this movie here due to just how raunchy it was.

Nick Kroll as the *****e had me laughing till my stomach hurt though, that juice box scene..... Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"