Sequels Thor: Love and Thunder

Well whatever dramatic scenes Thor had in EG were unfortunately overshadowed by the comedic tone that they went for most of his scenes.

And like I mentioned earlier, I would rather have Chris's Thor either leave the franchise and appear in other films OR just have him killed off so that he doesn't get bumped to supporting actor in the franchise that he started.

Honestly, the more that I think about it, the more that I get upset at the idea that Thor will have lost both his name/moniker and his birthright to other characters.

I already wrote that I think Endgame leaned a bit too much into the comedy aspect of his situation.

I feel that you are getting upset at hypotheticals, which is of course up to you but to me feels a bit unnecessary. It's like being upset that they are killing off Cap already in his third film because it's Civil War and Cap dies in that comic. We don't know where they will go with this as they've always made the storys to be different from the comics, and this doesn't even have the same kind of lead in at all as the comic story did.

The more I think of the announcement that Taika Waititi was confirmed for Thor 4 while Akira wasn’t moving forward the more it seems to me as a power move by Marvel/Disney.

The way I see it WB blinked and immediately Disney/Marvel took the opportunity to bring Taika Waititi back to their ranks. I also think Disney now owner of Fox Searchlight is well aware of the impact that Jojo Rabbit might have going into awards season and they probably wanna capitalize on that as well going into Thor 4.

I’ve been following Jojo Rabbit for a long time now and the early word was very positive, recent screenings of the final product have had an amazing response which should build momentum going into fall festivals and awards season.

Taika Waititi’ new project: “Jojo Rabbit”

Even if it was a mantle does anybody on here really believe that Natalie Portman is about sign on for 10 more MCU films in order to order takeover for Hensworth going forward lol

This is the big reason why Im fine with her being Thor in the upcoming film because we all know that there is no chance in hell Portman is sticking around after Thor 4. She has no interest in being the face of the Thor franchise and the only reason she signed up for this one was because she really wanted to work with Taika Waititi

Now had they announced a new young actress was suddenly going to be playing the role of female Thor then that would have been something fans would have rightfully been worried about but as it stands Thor 4 is likely Portman final MCU film

hopefully her and Taika Waititi lets Jane go out on a high note
This. I think the opportunity of giving a satisfying closure to her character is what brought Portman back. She's not going to become the next Thor.

It's interesting because there are people on here who claim the Jane-Thor series was well written. However most of the threads I follow on Reddit trash that run and aren't shy about their disappointment this franchise just went.

The whole legacy thing (as I've stated many times) is lazy and bores the hell out of me. I get why it's done in the comics i.e. running out of stories after decades of material - but are we really already at that stage in the MCU? This is coming from someone who actually wanted to see BRB on-screen, but I make exception due to his origin/story. It's almost pointless now since everyone and their mother is going to have wielded one of Thor's weapons.

I was kind of hyped for Beta Ray Bill, too. Knowing we won't see him saddens me. As I told a buddy yesterday, we're already caught up to the point of the comics from just a few years ago. A point where the comics were so FAR GONE, that they had to do a soft reboot. The main characters were all recognizable. Thor was a woman, Cap was Falcon, Hulk was Amadeus Cho, Spider-Man was Doc Ock, and Wolverine was his daughter. Now, it's not that far gone except...wait...we're close to that.
Yikes. If that era of the comics was any indication, then we have dark days ahead. As always, I'll be a little open minded and give things a shot.

That being said, they get 2 bad movies. That's all I'll give them. Once you get past two bad movies in a row, then the whole thing starts unraveling. Look at the DCU. MoS, then BvS...then we got SS and WW (which was good,), and then JL. We started with a middle-way movie, then we got 2 bad ones. They never really recovered. I don't want to see that happen to the MCU.

I was kind of hyped for Beta Ray Bill, too. Knowing we won't see him saddens me. As I told a buddy yesterday, we're already caught up to the point of the comics from just a few years ago. A point where the comics were so FAR GONE, that they had to do a soft reboot. The main characters were all recognizable. Thor was a woman, Cap was Falcon, Hulk was Amadeus Cho, Spider-Man was Doc Ock, and Wolverine was his daughter. Now, it's not that far gone except...wait...we're close to that.
Yikes. If that era of the comics was any indication, then we have dark days ahead. As always, I'll be a little open minded and give things a shot.

That being said, they get 2 bad movies. That's all I'll give them. Once you get past two bad movies in a row, then the whole thing starts unraveling. Look at the DCU. MoS, then BvS...then we got SS and WW (which was good,), and then JL. We started with a middle-way movie, then we got 2 bad ones. They never really recovered. I don't want to see that happen to the MCU.
How do you know that though?

I bet well see BRB.

Well maybe Peter Parker can use the excuse that it was Doc Ock who took over his body

and therefore he's not really Spider-Man or that he didn't even order the drone strike at the end of Far From Home. Blame it on the mad scientist. That could potentially exonerate him (or alternatively have everyone thinking he's crazy).

It's interesting because there are people on here who claim the Jane-Thor series was well written. However most of the threads I follow on Reddit trash that run and aren't shy about their disappointment this franchise just went.

Rather than relying on the always reputable fellows posting on Reddit, howsabout reading it yourself? It's a damn good story and reading it may take your outrage level down a notch or two.

The whole legacy thing (as I've stated many times) is lazy and bores the hell out of me. I get why it's done in the comics i.e. running out of stories after decades of material - but are we really already at that stage in the MCU? This is coming from someone who actually wanted to see BRB on-screen, but I make exception due to his origin/story. It's almost pointless now since everyone and their mother is going to have wielded one of Thor's weapons.

How is it lazy? Legacies are built into the very fabric of comics, and have been around since at least since the depression when Fawcett put a blue uniform and a hep-cat hairdo on a crippled boy and called him Captain Marvel Jr. And there's a number of them - including Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Johnny Storm, Scott Lang and Carol Danvers - that have far surpassed the original in popularity. Given that living, breathing actors have a much earlier "sell-by" date than characters drawn on a page, legacies are much more important to the MCU than they ever were in the comics.

But for those worried about poor powerless and cucked Thor crying into his cereal while Valkyrie and Jane Thor make out, I wouldn't worry. Given the storyline, this looks very much like a one and done for Ms. Portman. I wouldn't be surprised if BRB gets his hands on Mjolnir next.

But for those worried about poor powerless and cucked Thor crying into his cereal while Valkyrie and Jane Thor make out, I wouldn't worry. Given the storyline, this looks very much like a one and done for Ms. Portman. I wouldn't be surprised if BRB gets his hands on Mjolnir next.

Anyone think this is likely to happen in this movie? I know Jane was with Thor before and hasn't previously indicated she swings that way, but maybe becoming a female Thor will change her?

Anyone think this is likely to happen in this movie? I know Jane was with Thor before and hasn't previously indicated she swings that way, but maybe becoming a female Thor will change her?

Dancing Thor: I'm not gay, I'm not gay, but I wield my hammer in a gay gay way! I'm not gay, no no way, but wielding my hammer will make you gay!

Are you saying that becoming Thor will make Jane Foster a lesbian?

Are you saying that becoming Thor will make Jane Foster a lesbian?

I'm saying that when she becomes Thor, she may feel emboldened to explore that side of things. Who knows whether it was lurking under the surface before?

If I had to guess then no, we've never even had any indication that Jane is as much as bi so for her to get the hammer and jump straight in to the arm of Valkyrie would seem kind of shoehorned in.

Good. I know I'm in the minority, but I never wanted him in it. I wanted Thor 4 which we are getting and hopefully a small role in Captain Marvel 2.

If you don't want to see Thor go toe-to-toe with Adam Warlock then I have a hard time taking you seriously as a Thor fan. The character was made for moments like this.

Instead are we gonna have another dance off? Seriously.

I thought Hemsworth was amazing in Endgame and delivered a lot of nuance. It came close at times but I don't think the comedy overshadowed that. However, the one moment that pissed me off was the Cheese Whiz remark. Such blatant disrespect for the God of Thunder and rightful King of Asgard. Do Rhodey and Thor even have a relationship? Thor should've thrown him into space for that remark.

I hope they bring back Darcy for my entertainment with the ensuing meltdown in here :D

Maybe Darcy is really Beta Ray Bill!? :D

I hope they bring back Darcy for my entertainment with the ensuing meltdown in here :D

Valkyrie: Asgardian King seeks two broke girls for love and thunder. :o

Look...I know it's stupid to think his way...but the fact that the director and cast took to the Hall H stage while Dio's "Rainbow in the Dark" played made me think that they are going to go after the feel that I want for this film.

If you don't want to see Thor go toe-to-toe with Adam Warlock then I have a hard time taking you seriously as a Thor fan. The character was made for moments like this.

Instead are we gonna have another dance off? Seriously.
That would be awesome maybe they will keep him on for GOTG 3 for that reason alone. Plus I think im right in saying he'd be the only one who could tangle with Warlock? I know Drax is durable but didn't think enough for that.

Rather than relying on the always reputable fellows posting on Reddit, howsabout reading it yourself? It's a damn good story and reading it may take your outrage level down a notch or two.

Perhaps you missed this, but I have literally no desire in reading the stories of an unoriginal character treading on the namesake of a popular one.

How is it lazy? Legacies are built into the very fabric of comics, and have been around since at least since the depression when Fawcett put a blue uniform and a hep-cat hairdo on a crippled boy and called him Captain Marvel Jr. And there's a number of them - including Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Johnny Storm, Scott Lang and Carol Danvers - that have far surpassed the original in popularity. Given that living, breathing actors have a much earlier "sell-by" date than characters drawn on a page, legacies are much more important to the MCU than they ever were in the comics.

But why are they propping up Portman at the expense of Hemsworth and why on the heels of having to watch Thor morphed into a depressed slob? She's been gone from this franchise since 2013. By and large, nobody cares about her except for hardcore MCU purists who need their hearts mended.

It would be one thing if they developed Jane Foster the way she was in the comics - then I might personally give this idea a little more run. But she's not. She was one of the minority slip-ups in the evolution of the MCU and they admitted so multiple times with obscure dialogue over previous films. They're wasting their time with this and it wreaks of gimmick.

As for legacies in the MCU, the offset to "sell-by" dates is the fact that there are hundreds of other characters to cast in movies for the next 5-6 decades. But this is Marvel and they're basically admitting their send-offs are manufactured and they're too afraid to let go. They want to continue treading on the marketing cache those original characters built up and have them live on with other ones who are basically rehashes.

I think they better be careful with this. What they're trying to pass off as progressive could feel like some low-key comic nerd fantasy.

That would be awesome maybe they will keep him on for GOTG 3 for that reason alone. Plus I think im right in saying he'd be the only one who could tangle with Warlock? I know Drax is durable but didn't think enough for that.

Yeah not the Drax we've seen. Unless they nerf Adam Warlock - which I certainly hope they don't.

Thor was actually one of the first to tangle with Warlock in the comics long before he even had that name. It was all because Warlock had taken Sif and it sent Thor into a rage like never seen. I don't know what reason they could contrive but it might actually be a great opportunity to finally see Thor's Warrior's Madness in the MCU. Because we never have and it's kind of like one of his signature things.

I thought Hemsworth was amazing in Endgame and delivered a lot of nuance. It came close at times but I don't think the comedy overshadowed that. However, the one moment that pissed me off was the Cheese Whiz remark. Such blatant disrespect for the God of Thunder and rightful King of Asgard. Do Rhodey and Thor even have a relationship? Thor should've thrown him into space for that remark.

The problem (as always) with Marvel is they don't know when to let up. I started the movie thinking the Lebowski thing was kind of funny and genuinely had some fun with it. But then it kept going and going. It basically never stopped. To top that off I got to watch him get his face kicked in by Thanos, watch Cap do things with Mjolnir that I wanted to see out of Thor, and finally disappear thru most of the final CGI orgy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"