Sequels Thor: Love and Thunder

You don't have to have 'Unworthy Thor' to make the female Thor storyline work.
BUT you do have to have a way of bringing an undamaged Mjolnir into the present. I'm curious as to how they are going to do that.

The pieces are in Tonsberg awaiting repair and obviously we know from the comics that Dr. Strange was once relied upon to repair it.

Why do I get a feeling that there gonna pull one over us fans with lady thor? I keep thinking its a lady thor from another earth in the multiverse given this comes out after dr strange 2 or its jane from the first two movies and she is played for laughs more then anything

Why do I get a feeling that there gonna pull one over us fans with lady thor? I keep thinking its a lady thor from another earth in the multiverse given this comes out after dr strange 2 or its jane from the first two movies and she is played for laughs more then anything

I just don't understand how you FINALLY take Thor to new heights and then reward the character by stripping him down again for the purposes of elevating one who arguably nobody really cared about and hasn't been seen in the MCU since basically 2013. I just can't get over this nonsense. Not even the quirky Taika can calm me down off this ledge. As a fan I'm royally pissed off.

You don't have to have 'Unworthy Thor' to make the female Thor storyline work.
BUT you do have to have a way of bringing an undamaged Mjolnir into the present. I'm curious as to how they are going to do that.

Eitri

Is it possible to move these new threads we've created to the "Thor: Love and Thunder" sub-forum?
Can an administrator help us out with that? Or do we have to open brand new threads over there?

I just don't understand how you FINALLY take Thor to new heights and then reward the character by stripping him down again for the purposes of elevating one who arguably nobody really cared about and hasn't been seen in the MCU since basically 2013. I just can't get over this nonsense. Not even the quirky Taika can calm me down off this ledge. As a fan I'm royally pissed off.

Thats my only beef with this honestly. Portman 3-4 years ago said she was done with these thor films and now bam shes lady thor. Valkyrie storyline wise made the most sense in progressing that story forward where they left off in end game.

And what if nothing is stripped from Thor. Because there's really no worthiness enchantment in his innate power. What if the reason why Natalie Portman decided to come back was because of Taika and his vision/script, Taika said it was an emotional story from the comics... so i'm guessing he could pull on the idea that Jane Foster is sick like in the comics, maybe now it's because of remnants of the Aether who affected her health and she decided to go to New Asgard in order to get proper treatment like before... There they would rebuild Mjolnir from the shards left on the cliff and this would give Jane Foster the opportunity to change into a version of Thor, one that keeps her disease from getting worst...

What if Natalie Portman accepted to come back because she finally could be much more than a nerdy scientist in love with a god. She could play on her strengths, the drama of a woman suffering from cancer and the badassery of a woman turning into a Thor like character... Maybe they brink back Jane Foster so they can give a proper ending, an emotional and satisfying conclusion to her relationship with Thor.

The possibilites are there for a great story. I choose to keep optimistic about it and trust Taika to deliver something special as he did with Ragnarok.

I think some of us just really enjoy Hemsworth's performance as Thor and were hoping to see more of that especially with all the nuance he's brought to the role over the last few films. It sounds to me like he's going back to being a supporting character in his own self-titled film. The idea of worthiness is also starting to get watered down. Even Chris made a little jab about it. Back to Netflix and Cheese Wiz I guess.

Also why wasn't the film just called "The Mighty Thor"? Isn't that the title of Jane's run anyway? Love and Thunder just sounds so goofy. It's like Marvel said OK Taika do whatever you want.

I was actually thinking about this, too. I mean, Ragnarok, we establish that Thor doesn't even need a hammer...then the first thing he does is get whooped by Thanos off-screen, and declare that he needs a new hammer/ax. he then shows up, uber-Thor, whoops up Thanos's army by himself almost, then gets fat and becomes a joke of a hero. Now, he's going to be replaced, pretty much. I expect him to be tripping over his own feet and having his own hammer land on his toe with Jane having to lift if up for him. Seriously, I'd bet that scene ends up in there. I just hate that we're fast-forwarding to legacy characters. Falcon-Cap, Jane-Thor...it was not a great time in the comics, if I recall, although Jane-Thor was at least well-written.

If I see Amadeus-Hulk, I'm just out of here. Probably my least fave legacy character, especially when we've not seen enough Hulk in the MCU.

mjolnir is still destroyed so idk how they're even going to do it with jane

being a sif and beta ray bill fan is true suffering :csad:
They could show Cap giving it to Foster when he went back.

Valkyrie storyline wise made the most sense in progressing that story forward where they left off in end game.
I'm seeing a lot of people say this and honestly I don't get it. Valkyrie was a slave trader, and afaik she never expressed remorse for it. I get that it's been a few years since then, but still. I don't see how she's more worthy of Mjolnir than Jane.

For those saying "Thor will take a backseat in his own self-titled movie"
remember that, according to Jason Aaron, Jane IS Thor. So she's the title character

:whatever::(

and yeah we now have:
Falcon-Cap
Jane-Thor
Yelena-Widow
Kate-Hawkeye
Spidey-IronMan

So, if we get Amadeus-Hulk, we got legacy-character bingo

I get that this is the film Taika wants to make. And it sounds like it's a great arc by Aaron. I'll need to read it at some point.

I'm just not as big of a fan of Aaron as others. I agree that Straczynski's run was better. The God Butcher arc was OK. I liked the creepiness of it and the origin of Gorr. He was a genuinely scary foe. But I actually really preferred Jurgen's run with Desak the Godslayer which was a very similar story if you ask me. But it was all the more poignant because of the juxtaposition of Thor's actions as King in that elseworlds kind of tale and it made Desak seem almost justifiable.

But I digress. This is the Jane story. I remain open minded.

However, is it just me or does it seem like too much all at once? All these legacy male characters getting swapped for female. Even Captain Marvel was originally a dude. I mean I get it if you're a woman and you feel this kind of representation is long overdue but why not spread these transitions out over time? It would feel more organic and less gimmicky to me. I probably opened a can of worms with this comment.

I'm sure a lot of people are on the same page, but gimmick seems to be a loaded word, I might avoid it, lol

For those saying "Thor will take a backseat in his own self-titled movie"
remember that, according to Jason Aaron, Jane IS Thor. So she's the title character

:whatever::(

and yeah we now have:
Falcon-Cap
Jane-Thor
Yelena-Widow
Kate-Hawkeye
Spidey-IronMan

So, if we get Amadeus-Hulk, we got legacy-character bingo

And here everyone had been excited to see Thor's story continue after EG, especially when some justified Thor's poor story arc in that film by saying that it was because his story wasn't over yet.

Yeah, well if him being replaced by Jane is his next story arc then I definitely wish that his story had been properly concluded in EG instead.

I guess Jane Thor will become Valkyrie's new Queen then.

Some of y'all need to take a chill pill jesus.

Jane Foster being the titular Thor isnt a easy pill to swallow, especially when some of us dont want to see Chris's Thor made obsolete so that she can look great.

And here everyone had been excited to see Thor's story continue after EG, especially when some justified Thor's poor story arc in that film by saying that it was because his story wasn't over yet.

Yeah, well if him being replaced by Jane is his next story arc then I definitely wish that his story had been properly concluded in EG instead.

I guess Jane Thor will become Valkyrie's new Queen then.

I need to reserve judgement but I totally get why you're feeling this way. I love almost all the movies but Thor is the number one thing that's kept me interested in the MCU to date. But I still can't shake this feeling of dissatisfaction with the way Thor's been handled over all these films. Iron Man and Cap go out like total bosses and Thor's in this weird kind of transitional state. It's natural to want to see payoff for tagging along for the journey. Let's hope we're all pleasantly surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"