Sequels Thor: Love and Thunder

Hoping for the god bomb storyline! Actually, more Thor goodness is enough!!!

Can't say I'm excited about this. I would have preferred Marvel focus on bringing in new properties.

If they want to stay in the space-cosmic realm Taika could write a Nova movie and have Thor co-star.

I also think that Thor's story has pretty much been rounded off in Endgame. Time for some fresh blood. Heck I'd rather they did a Valkyrie movie tbh.

And this might sound like petty fanboy nonsense, but I don't like that there throwing off the the synergy of the trilogies.( :funny:Yea I even have to laugh at myself. Maybe I'm developing OCD :ebr:)

I would suggest that the start a line of anthology movies and call them Marvel Presents: Tales to Astonish.

Taika can do a whole line of Norse-Cosmic anthologies. Thor's trilogies will be preserved and Taika can go in all kinds of directions. :cool:

Taika could probably do any of those other films you mentioned, but Thor 4 is the one he thinks is an idea worth turning into a film.
We're getting plenty of new properties, no need to completely close the book on the OG Avengers.

They can bring Sif back as long as they don't make her fall in love with BRB. It is simply not believable that a person would go from being in love with Chris Hemsworth to being in love with a horse-faced monstrosity. Talk about a downgrade

Last edited:
Maybe what constitutes as “attractive” is different for someone who’s traveled all across the galaxy and even to different dimensions ( :o, but also sincerely :shrug:)

OMG.

RGsI4Q1.gif

Beta Ray Bill.

Glad Thor 4 is official, he was always the character and actor that seemed like they could continue.

Can't say I'm excited about this. I would have preferred Marvel focus on bringing in new properties.

If they want to stay in the space-cosmic realm Taika could write a Nova movie and have Thor co-star.

I also think that Thor's story has pretty much been rounded off in Endgame. Time for some fresh blood. Heck I'd rather they did a Valkyrie movie tbh.

And this might sound like petty fanboy nonsense, but I don't like that there throwing off the the synergy of the trilogies.( :funny:Yea I even have to laugh at myself. Maybe I'm developing OCD :ebr:)

I would suggest that the start a line of anthology movies and call them Marvel Presents: Tales to Astonish.

Taika can do a whole line of Norse-Cosmic anthologies. Thor's trilogies will be preserved and Taika can go in all kinds of directions. :cool:
They do have new properties in Eternals and Shang Chi. They never have a full phase with majority new property nor should they. Black Widow may even be somewhat a new property with her first solo movie. Marvel will introduce more cosmic heroes through Thor's movie, he is the easiest to do it since GOTG focuses on a big group so it is hard to introduce someone enough to get a solo, plus this is likely their final one as this group. Captain Marvel just started but she may bring some new characters in.

I'm fine with this even if my opinion on Ragnarok and this new Thor has dropped quite a bit. Hoping for Beta Ray and Sif to come back

I'm wondering if Thor 4 has the potential to cross the billion dollar threshold considering that Ragnarok made nearly $900m and has only grown in popularity since it left theatres. With the return of Taika in the director's chair and some fan favourite characters like Thor (of course), Valkyrie, Korg and maaybe Hela (oh please!) and given a good release date I definitely think it has a pretty good shot. I hope so, Thor deserves to have a billion dollar grossing solo film like Cap and Iron Man do.
It definitely has the potential to cross $1B given it wasn’t too far last time and with Ragnarok being well received. Thor deserves it like Cap and Iron Man, but also like Cap Marvel, Black Panther and soon to be Spidey. :cwink:

Given that Taika is coming back there could be a chance for more Hela, although I would expect a
new main villain. Maybe now is also the time to get Beta Ray Bill.

They do have new properties in Eternals and Shang Chi. They never have a full phase with majority new property nor should they. Black Widow may even be somewhat a new property with her first solo movie. Marvel will introduce more cosmic heroes through Thor's movie, he is the easiest to do it since GOTG focuses on a big group so it is hard to introduce someone enough to get a solo, plus this is likely their final one as this group. Captain Marvel just started but she may bring some new characters in.
They have mentioned their desire to have a cosmic focus going forward so as well as new properties it makes sense to commit to both GotG3 and Thor 4. As you say many new more cosmic paths can be introduced in those films. And there could be some crossover between the 2 with the way Endgame ended.

I'm really freaking excited about this. Ragnarok is one of my favorites.

But...

Thor's gonna die in this one, isn't he? :(
He survived Endgame, they're not gonna wait until another Avengers movie is released and they're absolutely not gonna kill him as a secondary character in Guardians 3.

After they reinvigorated the character and world in Ragnarok the doors where wide open for more sequels. Infinity War was a pitch perfect continuation of Thor’s arc while AEG pushed the character journey in a unexpected and interesting if not flawed path.

Leaving earth and the asgardians to the care of Valkyrie while joining the Guardians puts Thor back into the cosmic side of things. Thor’s comic book history is incredible rich with plenty of content waiting to be mined.

Thor is the linchpin between Marvel’s old and new. The character’s newfound popularity drives his story forward into the a new era of the MCU.

Regarding the box office results, I also think it might very well crack 1B now. Ragnarok had the hurdle of the previous movies to get through where the character/franchise wasn’t as well received.

The Teaser Trailer for Ragnarok was a wake up call to everyone. Then the different and fresh new vibe coupled with a great critic reception made it reach new heights critical and box office wise.

After Thor’s path and reception in Ragnarok, IW and AEG, the jumping platform into Thor 4 is a whole different ball game. Franchise records are there to be broken, execution and reception are again the key words... If it lands well then it’s pretty much a given that it will become a box office juggernaut.

Can't wait, just hope its as good as the third one because that was an incredibly fun ride. If I could hope for just one thing is that we get Beta Ray Bill. Its time for the champion of the Korbonites to make his way to the big stage. Plus I think there is something very relevant you could do with a hideous character that looks like an enemy but is only tyring to protect his people like Thor.

Frankly if they don’t add beta ray bill I’ll be calling the police. He’ll be perfect for this film.

Gee I bet Chris wasn’t keen on the news. Poor guy was probably just about to hop into some maccas before he found out he’ll have to go back to living at the gym haha

Frankly if they don’t add beta ray bill I’ll be calling the police. He’ll be perfect for this film.

Gee I bet Chris wasn’t keen on the news. Poor guy was probably just about to hop into some maccas before he found out he’ll have to go back to living at the gym haha
It seems like he's jumping next to the Hulk Hogan biopic so he will be spending plenty of time at the gym.

Yeah BRB has to be a lock for Thor 4. 100%.
Every since they showed the champion head sculpture of his in Sakaar and then in IW named the axe Stormbreaker, it felt very much like they where going to feature him in the MCU at some point... BRB is so cool, i hope they making him very stern and serious which would perfectly balance out Thor more lighthearted version of himself.

Imo BRB should be a no "f's" given character. Serious, straight to the point, no fooling around, all business... A cyborg warrior horse who doesn't have much of a sense of humor. But not a character like Drax, not to be taken as a fool, for example... He should be very smart and much of a poker face to serve as a perfect foil for Thor, Korg, Miek, Valkyrie... And hopefully one day they can all team up for a fun adventure.

I would kind of use Sam Neil's character "Hec" from the Hunt for the Wilderpeople as a template to what the character of BRB should feel like. I also hope that BRB is an imposing figure as he should be, a tall strong build beast, kind of like Korg's size but basically a polar opposite of that type of character.

latest

0445506ebf7e5ecd92cb97ec137189aa7f7a204f_hq.jpg

It seems like he's jumping next to the Hulk Hogan biopic so he will be spending plenty of time at the gym.

Bet he will be hoping he lands the lead in a Chris Farley biopic after this so he can take it easy on the old workouts for a while:funny:

Every since they showed the champion head sculpture of his in Sakaar and then in IW named the axe Stormbreaker, it felt very much like they where going to feature him in the MCU at some point... BRB is so cool, i hope they making him very stern and serious which would perfectly balance out Thor more lighthearted version of himself.

Imo BRB should be a no "f's" given character. Serious, straight to the point, no fooling around, all business... A cyborg warrior horse who doesn't have much of a sense of humor. But not a character like Drax, not to be taken as a fool, for example... He should be very smart and much of a poker face to serve as a perfect foil for Thor, Korg, Miek, Valkyrie... And hopefully one day they can all team up for a fun adventure.

I would kind of use Sam Neil's character "Hec" from the Hunt for the Wilderpeople as a template to what the character of BRB should feel like. I also hope that BRB is an imposing figure as he should be, a tall strong build beast, kind of like Korg's size but basically a polar opposite of that type of character.

latest

I remember seeing that head and actually feeling very deflated same as when Peter Dinkalge said the hammer's name was Stormbreaker. Just remember being like "Oh well that's it definitely not getting BRB in the MCU"

But now with Thor 4 those hope have been reignited lol. I agree that the Drax sort of personality will be a good baseline but with less of the jokes.

latest

0445506ebf7e5ecd92cb97ec137189aa7f7a204f_hq.jpg
Damn. I did not notice that at all till now. :eek:

Maybe what constitutes as “attractive” is different for someone who’s traveled all across the galaxy and even to different dimensions ( :o, but also sincerely :shrug:)
Here's the thing, I like Bill but he looks like a decomposing horse. I don't care how many weird aliens Sif has met, as an Asgardian she must know what a decomposing horse look like and there's no way she would fall in love with one.

Also I'm just really tired of the "beautiful woman falls in love with fugly monster" cliche.

Awesome news. I was just expecting Thor to have a role In Guardians 3 but now he may have both!

Here's the thing, I like Bill but he looks like a decomposing horse. I don't care how many weird aliens Sif has met, as an Asgardian she must know what a decomposing horse look like and there's no way she would fall in love with one.

Also I'm just really tired of the "beautiful woman falls in love with fugly monster" cliche.

Maybe they'll gender swap 'em to "Beta Ray Betty" and Thor'll tap that
The way he's lookin after Endgame he can't be too picky, lol

I wasn't aware of the Sif connection, tbh I could easy have a story about BRB without her.

Think you could make a more compelling narrative like you said if Thor and his allies assume Bill is evil based on his appearance or misunderstand his actions alone but eventually is revealed to be defending his entire people just like Thor.

Not quite sure who you make the big bad though, not as well versed with Thor villains but from what I have read Mangog could be a cool idea especially if they work the angle that it has been feeding on Thor & Bill's hate for each other throughout the movie with those two eventually uniting against it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"