Sequels Thor: Love and Thunder

I wasn't aware of the Sif connection, tbh I could easy have a story about BRB without her.

Think you could make a more compelling narrative like you said if Thor and his allies assume Bill is evil based on his appearance or misunderstand his actions alone but eventually is revealed to be defending his entire people just like Thor.

Not quite sure who you make the big bad though, not as well versed with Thor villains but from what I have read Mangog could be a cool idea especially if they work the angle that it has been feeding on Thor & Bill's hate for each other throughout the movie with those two eventually uniting against it.
BRB story is interconnected with Surtur.

Because it was Surtur who destroyed Korbin (BRB and the korbinites home world). So a great idea would be for Marvel to show a battle between Prime Surtur and Odin in his younger years (the battle that was teased at the begining of Ragnarok), where Odin seemingly defeated Surtur and captured his crown. The destruction of Korbin could have been an accidental casualty of 2 immensely powerful beings battling one another.

BRB could have been caught in the crossfire seeing the destruction of Korbin and his people from a distorted perspective, in which Odin was actually seen as the villain... This would layer the caracter of BRB giving him a reason to dislike the asgardians hence fueling the conflict with Thor at first. Eventually later on they would team up to battle whoever was the villain... Also that villain could have been pulling the strings and pitting BRB against Thor by using his misguided sense of justice.

Hela as the brains and Mangog as the brawn would be a good choice.

Excellent news. I'm also hoping for BRB. Hope he's treated well.

I can’t really think of a good villain though? Must of the remaining Thor villains are a bit like Malekith, kind of the risk of over the top cgi/prosthetics type villains. Hard to give them their own motivations that are compelling.

I’m sure taika knows of a great kooky villain that appeared in, like one issue in the ‘80s that he’ll do wonders with

Am I missing something? Why does it seem like you're all acting shocked Thor's getting a 4th solo outing? I didn't think it was ever in any doubt given Hemsworth stating he wanted to continue playing the character beyond Endgame.

I can’t really think of a good villain though? Must of the remaining Thor villains are a bit like Malekith, kind of the risk of over the top cgi/prosthetics type villains. Hard to give them their own motivations that are compelling.

I’m sure taika knows of a great kooky villain that appeared in, like one issue in the ‘80s that he’ll do wonders with

Honestly, they should just do a straight adaptation of the Gorr story
It's a bit dark for Taika maybe, but there's plenty of humor to be mined out of the three Thors and his granddaughters, and it would give Hemsworth the chance to really stretch his legs

Only issue I see is that the other Pantheons haven't been established as existing yet in the MCU, but it could allow Thor to team up with Ares after the greek gods are slain, and/or they could say that Beta Ray is considered a god by the Korbonites

Am I missing something? Why does it seem like you're all acting shocked Thor's getting a 4th solo outing? I didn't think it was ever in any doubt given Hemsworth stating he wanted to continue playing the character beyond Endgame.

It was still a bit up in the air though, who was to say he wouldn't just be appearing in Guardians 3

and I wonder what this means for his involvement in that, shouldn't be a problem to have him in both, but I dunno if Gunn's script even included Thor

Last edited:
This is the perfect place for the Eternals to actually enter the MCU: maybe, at the end of The Eternals, we see their whole team head off into space, so that they can meet up with Thor for Thor 4? I've tried to study some of the Eternals' comics history, and it seems like they migrate around through space occasionally (and become the Uni-Mind or something like that: it's all very confusing).

Hey, @Finarfiniel , is it too late to join your Hela prayer-circle? I really really really want her to come back: there's just no way the goddess of death can be killed off. Please, Taika, do us all a favor and have her make an epic reappearance, even if it's only brief.

Can't say I'm excited about this. I would have preferred Marvel focus on bringing in new properties.

If they want to stay in the space-cosmic realm Taika could write a Nova movie and have Thor co-star.

I also think that Thor's story has pretty much been rounded off in Endgame. Time for some fresh blood. Heck I'd rather they did a Valkyrie movie tbh.

And this might sound like petty fanboy nonsense, but I don't like that there throwing off the the synergy of the trilogies.( :funny:Yea I even have to laugh at myself. Maybe I'm developing OCD :ebr:)

I would suggest that the start a line of anthology movies and call them Marvel Presents: Tales to Astonish.

Taika can do a whole line of Norse-Cosmic anthologies. Thor's trilogies will be preserved and Taika can go in all kinds of directions. :cool:
I’m pretty sure we are going to getaway Nova solo too. It feels like Marvel are living up to those comments of significantly expanding on the cosmic side with every available option in that direction being taken as it becomes available.

Taika could probably do any of those other films you mentioned, but Thor 4 is the one he thinks is an idea worth turning into a film.
We're getting plenty of new properties, no need to completely close the book on the OG Avengers.
Yeah, I’d like Thor and Hulk to carry the baton forward. Hawkeye too among the street level guys. It would be too abrupt to have a wholly new team in the next Avengers, for my liking.

I have a feeling that Thor 4 will be Asgardians of the Galaxy, after what happened in Endgame

Nah, GOTG 3 is being done by James Gunn
Taika's on Thor 4

unless you mean more of an adaptation of the recent "Asgardians..." comic
Could have Thor, Korg, Miek, Beta Ray, Thorri and Sif or something all go on an adventure through the thus-far-unseen realms together

Hey, @Finarfiniel , is it too late to join your Hela prayer-circle? I really really really want her to come back: there's just no way the goddess of death can be killed off. Please, Taika, do us all a favor and have her make an epic reappearance, even if it's only brief.

Of course it's not too late! We need as many people as possible to send the 'Call Cate, call Cate!' mind-vibes to Taika. :cwink:

Btw I love your avatar - Ralph Bakshi’s Galadriel. :hrt:

Thanks! I originally wanted to make a Cate as Galadriel avatar and was searching through gifs on google images but ended up finding this and I thought it would make a great av. :D Literary Galadriel, live action Galadriel, animated Galadriel, I love them all. :hrt:

I've been away from the forums for a while due to work, and because I couldn't see FFH until yesterday, but it was really hard not to jump in here when the Thor 4 news broke.

I couldn't be happier as far as the MCU goes to have another Thor solo film and to have Waititi make it. Ragnarok keeps being very rewatchable and fresh to this day and I can't wait to see what the story will be.

I do hope GotG3 comes out before though, where I want a Thor training montage to have him back to his old self.

Thor 4: What Taika Waititi Needs To Do Differently To Ragnarok

Even though i'm a massive Ragnarok fan, i do agree there's plenty of margin for improvement because Ragnarok isn't a perfect movie and there's plenty of margin for improvement. I do agree with some of the points they make in the article. I also think Taika Waititi has learned quite a lot since by working in Ragnarok. Big budget movies aren't easy tasks. He now has acquired experience and important knowledge that will likely help him to deliver an ever better product with T4.

Now looking at some points made in the article:

- TAIKA WAITITI NEEDS TO BRING EMOTION TO THOR 4
I do agree that TW dropped the ball in this area. Ragnarok missed a bit of poignancy, the focus on the comedy over shined the emotional beats which is a shame because that's a balance that TW normally delivers. In this respect i hope T4 is more of an improvement, give the story real pathos, let those moments breathe and sink in.

- DON'T LET THE COMEDY OVERWHELM THOR 4'S STORY
I loved most of the comedy in Ragnarok but i do agree that there needs to be a balance. And the humor should be organically woven into the story of the movie. Focus on developing an interesting, fun and engaging story and the pepper it with humor throughout.

THOR 4 HAS TO BUILD ON PAST MCU MOVIES (& FIT THE FUTURE)
Ragnarok is the base for where Thor is now in his journey. That has to be taken into consideration, so has the events from IW and AEG... There needs to be a smooth transition and not an abrupt departure from established material. It's one way of smartly using the layers of Thor's arc and history to further boost his journey with a sense of depth and purpose, something that isn't achieved when things/ideas are constantly discarded... A solid through line works in favor of the story and character.

I'm very happy that TW is also writing T4. He will then have a better and stronger grasp on what the story should be about, the emotional beats, arcs... TW now has also the advantage of picking it up with his established version of Thor after Ragnarok, IW and AEG. Last but not least if i was Marvel and Taika i would actually ask to have Jason Aaron as a collaborator on T4 because he knows his Thor stuff and could really be a very strong addition to the team.

Looking on a live blog, is it Portman as Lady Thor? My excitement might be dampered. I just like how Hemsworth has been doing it. Portman hasn't been around and that may mean her buddy is tagging along.

I am really excited by the idea of how Mjolnir might come back now. Jane is going to need it. I have been so curious how they might reintroduce the hammer, and this just sounds so great. I hope Thor or Valkyrie take the broken bits to Strange, who puts it back together and it just flies directly to Jane. :hehe:

Some moderator should open a legit forum for "Thor: Love and Thunder".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"