The Dark Knight Rises Thread for goofs/mistakes only!

Mace Dolex

Powerful User
Reaction score
I wanted a separate thread for just the goofs and/or errors that happen in every type of movie but I wanted them to be kept short and not long winded that any movie discussion can be done elsewhere.

- When Catwoman on the Bat-pod fires at the tunnel entrance she puts her goggles on but the next scene she has them upright.

- During the final battle when just before Foley dies he has a small hand gun but in the next shot he's holding a rifle.

- Alfred observes Bane's brutal fighting strength compared to Bruce's, funny thing is that Alfred has never seen Batman in hand to hand combat how does he know how Batman fights?

- After leaving the stock exchange, Bane's men escape on motorcycles (daytime/afternoon)

- Are then cut to an underground tunnel/darkness/night time

I can sorta buy that the chase between the cops and the motorcycles took a while (since they have hostages), but not THAT long,

(besides, Stock exchanges close pretty early in the afternoon)

That last one is interestin. Never considered that :funny:

I think there was a moment where Gordon and Tate were being judged in court and Bane says "Bring her to me" regarding Tate but in the next scene is being held next to Fox when Wayne is brought in to the holding area. She is clearly meant to be with Bane as a few moments later he says "keep her close he'll come for her".

Also the sudden time switches in Gotham -
- The stock exchnage from bright day to pitch black night in under 8 minutes (they drive through a tunnel and the other end it is night).
- Batman says he has "45 minutes" to save the city from the bomb detenation and he is talking to Selina in the pitch black night on the Batpod and in the next scene where the cops are lining up ready for war in the bright day. Bear in mind when Gordon stops the bomb exploding it still have 11 minutes left. So Batman leaves Selina and gets the Bat, Blake gathers the children and tries to get them out of the city, the cops and Bane's men gather for the war and ready themselves, have a huge fight with the terrorists with thousands on each side, Bane and Batman have a fight, Talia stabs Batman and has her long villain speech, Gordon tries to find the right bomb and block the signal and it turns from night to day all in 34 minutes....

Last edited:
When Bruce was looking up info on Selina on his Batcomputer, a Gotham Times newspaper article popped up with a headline: Police suspect 'cat' burglar in jewel hiest

Should be 'e' before 'i'.

Biggest thing I noticed...in TDKR, someone mentions Gotham has 12 million people. Pretty sure Bruce talked about finding The Joker in a city of 30 million in TDK.

Biggest thing I noticed...in TDKR, someone mentions Gotham has 12 million people. Pretty sure Bruce talked about finding The Joker in a city of 30 million in TDK.

Does that have anything to do with the island? Forgive me, I haven't really thought hard about how Gotham is laid out, but there are multiple bridges, so maybe just the island crowd was quarantined? So does that mean 18 million weren't affected? I could be way off about this.

- Alfred observes Bane's brutal fighting strength compared to Bruce's, funny thing is that Alfred has never seen Batman in hand to hand combat how does he know how Batman fights?
Yes he has. Alfred was there when Batman fought Joker and his thugs at the penthouse party in TDK.

One of the newspapers regarding Catwoman says 'HIEST' instead of heist.

Yes he has. Alfred was there when Batman fought Joker and his thugs at the penthouse party in TDK.

Not too mention there's all that time in between BB and TDK and of course Bruce probably trains while not fighting.

Young Talia should have a mole on her forehead...but doesn't (I guess for the mislead/twist but still...).

Young Talia should have a mole on her forehead...but doesn't (I guess for the mislead/twist but still...).

Sometimes a mole will come up later in life. I never had a mole on my forearm until I was in high school.

Sometimes a mole will come up later in life. I never had a mole on my forearm until I was in high school.

Yeah, maybe I'm just connecting it too much to what appears to be a congenital mole like Marion has. The actress they cast for Talia's mom also has a mole on her face. It's just odd to not add a little make-up...other than they wanted to fool the audience.

:oldrazz:

I think there was a moment where Gordon and Tate were being judged in court and Bane says "Bring her to me" regarding Tate but in the next scene is being held next to Fox when Wayne is brought in to the holding area. She is clearly meant to be with Bane as a few moments later he says "keep her close he'll come for her".

Not a mistake. He was just getting her out of the Kangaroo Court because she would have been taken to the ice along with Gordon and them.

No one cared who I was till I put on the mole.

- Bruce's hand placement changes when he meets Fox for the first time. He isn't holding on to his cane the whole time.

When Bruce is talking to Fox, his hand is on the cane, but in the shot looking at Lucius, Bruce's hand isn't on the cane.

Also the sudden time switches in Gotham -
- The stock exchnage from bright day to pitch black night in under 8 minutes (they drive through a tunnel and the other end it is night).
- Batman says he has "45 minutes" to save the city from the bomb detenation and he is talking to Selina in the pitch black night on the Batpod and in the next scene where the cops are lining up ready for war in the bright day. Bear in mind when Gordon stops the bomb exploding it still have 11 minutes left. So Batman leaves Selina and gets the Bat, Blake gathers the children and tries to get them out of the city, the cops and Bane's men gather for the war and ready themselves, have a huge fight with the terrorists with thousands on each side, Bane and Batman have a fight, Talia stabs Batman and has her long villain speech, Gordon tries to find the right bomb and block the signal and it turns from night to day all in 34 minutes....
I think the first one is just non-linear. I assume Gordon goes out on the ice directly after being sentenced and see Batman there, but then Bruce Wayne is in the scene with Tate and Fox, and then helping Blake get the police out. It's just a montage told in a way that it builds up Batman's return to Gotham.

For the stock exchange, it's just a way to show Batman in the darkness, and if you watch that scene, you see dusk approaching outside anyway. And we don't know that it took 8 minutes because when he takes the tablet out of the mercs backpack, it says the program is completed, not that it only just completed.

The 45 minute thing, the police all look lined up as dawn is breaking. At the end of the day, these are just little things that require a suspension of disbelief, like many things in the previous two films. Although it seems abrupt in the film if you're looking for it.

For the stock exchange, it's just a way to show Batman in the darkness, and if you watch that scene, you see dusk approaching outside anyway. And we don't know that it took 8 minutes because when he takes the tablet out of the mercs backpack, it says the program is completed, not that it only just completed.

The 45 minute thing, the police all look lined up as dawn is breaking. At the end of the day, these are just little things that require a suspension of disbelief, like many things in the previous two films. Although it seems abrupt in the film if you're looking for it.

Really? I'm almost 100% positive it says 99% as Batman picks it up...

These things don't bother me it just takes me out of the film. Well the first one did anyway. The second one took my third viewing to notice I was just like "So all this crazy **** has happened in half an hour?"

Not a mistake. He was just getting her out of the Kangaroo Court because she would have been taken to the ice along with Gordon and them.

This. I keep telling everyone that Bane wasn't trying to talk to Talia at the moment; just keeping her away from being exiled.

And Batman asking Gordon where Tate was felt like it was only dialogue to push the city hall battle. That dialogue felt forced and wasn't needed between the two, imo, but it's just a nitpick.

I just presumed she was meant to be with Bane due to Bane's "keep her close he'll come for her" so that meant he kept stopped her from being exiled, thenput her with Fox then went back to her.

What I would give for a blooper reel. Just going by the set candid pics, it looks like the cast was having a grand time when they were filming the movie.

What I would give for a blooper reel. Just going by the set candid pics, it looks like the cast was having a grand time when they were filming the movie.

I'd love to see the scene Anne was talking about where Bale couldn't hear and they couldn't understand Tom :funny:

After the bomb goes off -- and the people are slowly coming out of their houses, there is a shot of a street. There are houses on either side, people coming out, and front and center, in a window in the middle of the screen is a Philadelphia Phillies flag hanging in a window with the Phillies "P" on it.

Being from born in Philly and growing up in the Philly area, I was actually pumped to see this. Hope it's not erased in the Blu-Ray.

-R

After the bomb goes off -- and the people are slowly coming out of their houses, there is a shot of a street. There are houses on either side, people coming out, and front and center, in a window in the middle of the screen is a Philadelphia Phillies flag hanging in a window with the Phillies "P" on it.

Being from born in Philly and growing up in the Philly area, I was actually pumped to see this. Hope it's not erased in the Blu-Ray.

-R
That's nowhere near a mistake. Someone could move from Philly to Gotham and be diehard fan. I just don't know why you would move there after the "Joker Killings" :hehe:

I just presumed she was meant to be with Bane due to Bane's "keep her close he'll come for her" so that meant he kept stopped her from being exiled, thenput her with Fox then went back to her.

Bane tells someone to bring Miranda to him so she wouldn't be exiled along with Gordon and his men and they just take Miranda back to the back where she's with Fox, but to Gordon, she was taken straight to Bane where he probably perceives to be her being alongside Bane and that's why he tells Batman this(although the dialogue still feels unneeded).

While noticing the Bat symbol on the bridge though, Bane is aware that Batman could come after Miranda, thus telling his men to keep Miranda close(and as being Talia al Ghul, probably wanting her to stay away from any fight that will happen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"