The Dark Knight Rises Thread for goofs/mistakes only!

That's nowhere near a mistake. Someone could move from Philly to Gotham and be diehard fan. I just don't know why you would move there after the "Joker Killings" :hehe:

It's a goof. The Phillies don't exist in Nolan's world. Though I'm pumped to see them, lol.

It's kind of like Batman Begins where you can see the Gotham Police cars in the foreground but you can see the Chicago Police cruisers in the background of the shot...

The Phillies "P" is my favorite goof in any film though lol.

-R

They digitally removed "SAKS FIFTH AVENUE" for trailer 3 but it's still there in the film. Not sure why they did that.

This. I keep telling everyone that Bane wasn't trying to talk to Talia at the moment; just keeping her away from being exiled.

And Batman asking Gordon where Tate was felt like it was only dialogue to push the city hall battle. That dialogue felt forced and wasn't needed between the two, imo, but it's just a nitpick.

I just presumed she was meant to be with Bane due to Bane's "keep her close he'll come for her" so that meant he kept stopped her from being exiled, thenput her with Fox then went back to her.
Really, are you sure guys?

The scenes went-

(A) Kangaroo court - "Bring her to me" Gordon & co. head out to ice while Talia is taken to Bane.

(B) Lucius Fox, Miranda talk to Bruce who was just captured

(C) Gordon on ice - Batman asks where Miranda is, "Bane has her."

So was she captured twice? If anything, scene B should have been placed first as scene A.

Really, are you sure guys?

The scenes went-

(A) Kangaroo court - "Bring her to me" Gordon & co. head out to ice while Talia is taken to Bane.

(B) Lucius Fox, Miranda talk to Bruce who was just captured

(C) Gordon on ice - Batman asks where Miranda is, "Bane has her."

So was she captured twice? If anything, scene B should have been placed first as scene A.

I explained this already.

Bane tells someone to bring Miranda to him so she wouldn't be exiled along with Gordon and his men and they just take Miranda back to the back where she's with Fox, but to Gordon, she was taken straight to Bane where he probably perceives to be her being alongside Bane and that's why he tells Batman this(although the dialogue still feels unneeded).

While noticing the Bat symbol on the bridge though, Bane is aware that Batman could come after Miranda, thus telling his men to keep Miranda close(and as being Talia al Ghul, probably wanting her to stay away from any fight that will happen).

She was his mole for getting the Special Forces men killed and Gordon's men "arrested". Bane would not have let her go with Gordon and his men to be exiled, so he only called her back where Gordon thinks she's with Bane. Bane only decides to keep Talia close because of Batman's return. It all works TOO well as a coincidence, but what are you gonna do? Lol. It can be a huge nitpick, but it's logical to think of those scenes without thinking it's a mistake or editing issues.

Bane tells someone to bring Miranda to him so she wouldn't be exiled along with Gordon and his men and they just take Miranda back to the back where she's with Fox, but to Gordon, she was taken straight to Bane where he probably perceives to be her being alongside Bane and that's why he tells Batman this(although the dialogue still feels unneeded).

While noticing the Bat symbol on the bridge though, Bane is aware that Batman could come after Miranda, thus telling his men to keep Miranda close(and as being Talia al Ghul, probably wanting her to stay away from any fight that will happen).
Couldn't that be assumption compared to a possible editing error? As far as "Bring her to me" goes, that sounds more like I want to have some fun with her for now. It was still strange that she popped right back out in the next scene anyways.

I knew that "Keep her close" was a nod about Miranda, but it's also a line that makes it seem like Miranda has been in his custody ever since he called for her in the court.

Couldn't that be assumption compared to a possible editing error? As far as "Bring her to me" goes, that sounds more like I want to have some fun with her for now. It was still strange that she popped right back out in the next scene anyways.

I knew that "Keep her close" was a nod about Miranda, but it's also a line that makes it seem like Miranda has been in his custody ever since he called for her in the court.

Yeah I agree.

This may be up there with "How did Bruce get back in to Gotham?" as the new "five dead/two cops" :hehe:

Yeah I agree.

This may be up there with "How did Bruce get back in to Gotham?" as the new "five dead/two cops" :hehe:
I swear to Batman that that was going to be my next post about this subject. :funny:

I normally don't catch "editing errors" on my first viewing (if it is one anyways) but I kind of squeezed my eyebrows together when Miranda was with Fox after being called to Bane after Gordon & co. were sent out to the ice. It was like, she looks scared to being taken hostage, but oh... ok. Never mind...

You thought Bane was going to have some fun with his associate?

Not really. It could just mean make sure to keep Talia close instead of out in the open of where she has been.

You thought Bane was going to have some fun with his associate?
:funny: Well, it turns out he "loved" her right. Bane needs some lovin' too. :hehe: Haha, no "Bring her to me" came off as "She stays with me" when I heard it. Not "Send her back with the others"
Not really. It could just mean make sure to keep Talia close instead of out in the open of where she has been.
The "Keep her close" to me was a headsup to his henchmen to not get lazy and stay alert.

It (seeing Tate with Fox & Bruce) was an awkward moment for me in the movie and looking at it now interests me even more considering it looks like a legit editing error and/or misleading choice of words from Bane.

:funny: Well, it turns out he "loved" her right. Bane needs some lovin' too. :hehe: Haha, no "Bring her to me" came off as "She stays with me" when I heard it. Not "Send her back with the others"The "Keep her close" to me was a headsup to his henchmen to not get lazy and stay alert.

His love is more brother/sister or parental love IMO. Well either that or he has been seriously freindzoned by Talia :funny:

:funny: Well, it turns out he "loved" her right. Bane needs some lovin' too. :hehe: Haha, no "Bring her to me" came off as "She stays with me" when I heard it. Not "Send her back with the others"The "Keep her close" to me was a headsup to his henchmen to not get lazy and stay alert.

That "love" was more of a brother/sister love of how he protects her, not a sexual relationship of any kind, so I don't see how you got that, lol. And even if Bane said "Bring her to me.", it wouldn't mean much because there was no reason for Bane to want to speak to Talia at the time, only to get her from not being exiled as Crane doesn't know who Miranda really is and would've just placed her into the group of Gordon and his guys.

And the other is definitely a heads-up to keep Talia in close arms, but that doesn't really make or break any continuity or any errors.

It (seeing Tate with Fox & Bruce) was an awkward moment for me in the movie and looking at it now interests me even more considering it looks like a legit editing error and/or misleading choice of words from Bane.

What's more awkward is the script when this scene is right after she helps out Gordon while Gordon and his men are in "trial".

There were a a few shots where you could clearly see the NYC Taxi logos.

His love is more brother/sister or parental love IMO. Well either that or he has been seriously freindzoned by Talia :funny:
The friend zone!!! No!!!

Don't even say the words!!! :woo :hrt:

That "love" was more of a brother/sister love of how he protects her, not a sexual relationship of any kind, so I don't see how you got that, lol.
I was being sarcastic :oldrazz: I'm not gonna lie though, on my first viewing I thought the way they looked at each other (or him to her at least, he even started crying) was more then just brother/sister love. I think in a sense Bane may have grown to actually "love" her more than just a protector, but that's just me.

I think Talia may have seen this but she won't date someone with breath I'm imagining smells like a Lazarus Pit.
And even if Bane said "Bring her to me.", it wouldn't mean much because there was no reason for Bane to want to speak to Talia at the time, only to get her from not being exiled as Crane doesn't know who Miranda really is and would've just placed her into the group of Gordon and his guys.

And the other is definitely a heads-up to keep Talia in close arms, but that doesn't really make or break any continuity or any errors.

What's more awkward is the script when this scene is right after she helps out Gordon while Gordon and his men are in "trial".
I want to check out the script if that's the case.

The friend zone!!! No!!!

Don't even say the words!!! :woo :hrt:

Bane+Friendzone+d.+How+could+she+really+even+kiss+him+tho_a89c56_3930470.jpg

I was being sarcastic :oldrazz: I'm not gonna lie though, on my first viewing I thought the way they looked at each other (or him to her at least, he even started crying) was more then just brother/sister love. I think in a sense Bane may have grown to actually "love" her more than just a protector, but that's just me.

I think Talia may have seen this but she won't date someone with breath I'm imagining smells like a Lazarus Pit.I want to check out the script if that's the case.

It did for a tiny moment look like Bane liked her more than protector but it may be nothing.

Biggest thing I noticed...in TDKR, someone mentions Gotham has 12 million people. Pretty sure Bruce talked about finding The Joker in a city of 30 million in TDK.
Gotham itself is compromised of five islands, and the largest area appears to be downtown. The only problem with that is Gotham Stadium is Uptown.

Rewatching the movie, it goes:
1) Gordon, Miranda and co plant the tracking device on the truck
2) Gordon and co get arrested, while Blake escapes
3) Sentencing hearing (Death by exile)
4) Bane asks for Miranda to be brought to him
5) Cut to Blake passing a message to trapped police officer
6) Cut to Bruce getting captured and in the same room as Miranda and Fox.

So it's not really right after the trial.

My guess is Bane asks for her, sends her back to Fox and then after some amount of waiting, Bruce is captured and brought into the room. It's probably a matter of hours before Gordon is put on the ice since it's evening when Bruce and Fox are at the Bat.

My guess is Bane asks for her, sends her back to Fox and then after some amount of waiting, Bruce is captured and brought into the room. It's probably a matter of hours before Gordon is put on the ice since it's evening when Bruce and Fox are at the Bat.

Have you not seen the film? It can switch from day to night in minutes!!! :oldrazz:

i cant wait for the blue ray so i can fix it and make a fan edit film

It's a goof. The Phillies don't exist in Nolan's world. Though I'm pumped to see them, lol.

It's kind of like Batman Begins where you can see the Gotham Police cars in the foreground but you can see the Chicago Police cruisers in the background of the shot...

The Phillies "P" is my favorite goof in any film though lol.

-R
Fair enough I guess. They won't take it out though. So fear not.

You wouldn't cry over a sister if you have one?

Plus, he could've also been crying because his pain is now easing thanks to someone fixing the mask which happened to be Talia. And that Talia is even recounting their history.

I want to check out the script if that's the case.

You can download it on CBM.com :up:

Gotham itself is compromised of five islands, and the largest area appears to be downtown. The only problem with that is Gotham Stadium is Uptown.

But they're talking about the entire city both times.

Lets just say Nolan took some liberties with Gotham in TDKR :funny: the narrows completely disappeared!

Have you not seen the film? It can switch from day to night in minutes!!! :oldrazz:

Apparently I haven't seen the film! :oldrazz:

We still have scenes in TDKR where it shows afternoon -> evening -> night, regardless of how short their edits were.

It's better than having a subtitle appear saying "30 minutes later..." or "5 months later..."

Lets just say Nolan took some liberties with Gotham in TDKR :funny: the narrows completely disappeared!

Yea, it would've been nice to see the narrows, but it's not a big deal to me. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"