TIH Sequel changes?

^ Well in my mind it will be playing.:yay:

I think he shouldn't even speak to anyone. Nortons Banner isn't like Bixby saying his goodbye's and wandering off onto the highway.

Nortons seems like he would leave without saying good bye. As thou he could not have to deal with the feelings that might come over him parting ways with people he might be fond of.

I picture him leaving directly after the battle. And a little while later someone finds a letter from him. Him explaining his reasons of why he should be alone.

Possible rumor about Hulk in The Avengers movie.

IMDB lists the Hulk in the new Avengers movie. But, Edward Norton isnt listed as the hulk. It appears Lou Ferrigno is rumored to be the voice of the Hulk. So I wonder if they will just be using a CGI version of the Hulk with no one playing his other half Bruce Banner.
What do you guys think? Will the Hulk be the villain for the new Avengers movie?

Here is the link. Go check it for yourself:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/fullcredits#cast

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/news/?a=11525

Edward Norton talks about The Avengers movie.

Avengers Not Planned
Ed Norton gives update on superhero mash-up.

by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, November 4, 2009 - Ed Norton has once again been grilled about the future of the Hulk and Avenger movies, and once again he doesn't sound that enthusiastic or hopeful about his future involvement.

The Incredible Hulk star was speaking to Aint It Cool and had this to say about the state of the franchises: "I'm not even sure deep inside the minds of Marvel how they are planning to string that stuff out, but I don't think any of if is imminent, I don't know."

Norton also said that he would only get involved again if Marvel came up with some interesting ideas: "Things like that to me are always completely dependent on what they make of it. It's like anything can be the crappy version of itself or the great version of itself and if it's the great version of itself, then that's one thing. If they don't get it right, then I don't know, then I think… A lot of it depends on what they come up with."

The Avengers is currently pencilled in for a May 2012 release, whilst as far as we know a sequel to The Incredible Hulk has not been green-lit.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/104/1042023p1.html

Last edited:
He sounded like Eric Bana when asked about the new Hulk film.

Summary Elements:

Take the dark desperate sides of humanity in War of Worlds
along with the dark desparate sides humanity in Cloverfield.
Meaning when all hope is desperately lost and human kind is being slaughtered and it looks
like there is no hope... we drop in Hulk.

Final Scene:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ground is Blood is being spattered everywhere from the destruction of Dark Doom's giant invulnerable AI bots shread flesh and vaporize targets (Similar to WOW's scene/cloverfield)
People are dying and the military is powerless to stop them with their weapons. (Similar to WOW/Clover)
The Hulk after near violent death from a ultimate AI Robot stands up shaken and a bit scared and scarred because he nearly died and he didn't think it was possible
that he was almost killed. His body is slowly healing in front of our eyes.
He hears the shouts for help as people are being killed... the same people that saved him from death by sacrificial distraction. As one more hit by the
Main AI bot's primary weapon would have killed him.
He sees a woman vaporized in front of her child (He starts to angrily cringe but somewhat doubtfull expression that even he may not be powerfull enough to help)
and the bots are moving closer to a last stand complex housing women and children. He sees a few children/teens run out to defend the complex with shovels, rocks, pistols, rifles
and the bots injure several and are moving to kill them.
The hulk visually surveys what's going on and we can see the deep emotions and understanding in his brutish face. As a result of the horrifying human carnage
The hulk starts to shake uncontrollably with rage at seeing the children and women being harmed... the adrenalin and rage surge is so powerfull
he bowls over with his face to the ground as we can see the muscle strands increasing quantity in his body and we can see the veins and arteries working
even faster to pushing blood to all his organs. His healing rate visibly faster. He is completely restored.
He then rises up with the most hellish/deadly looking face as one can imagine. He wants them all dead and he will not stop until they are or he is.
.... he lands between the ui bot getting ready to kill a small child
.... now the same shields that could not be penetrated earlier by the hulk are going down and he is violently destroying every non-human thing in his path.
.... his rage has totally consumed him and his strength and powers have shot off the scale.
.... The main UI robot re-engages the hulk and was going to use the primary laser weapon that nearly destroyed the hulk before as it penetrated his skin and his muscle.
.... However this time the hulk is so enraged the weapon hits the hulk however it can not cut into the hulk fast enough because his healing factor is out running the laser damage.
so you see cutting and instant healilng so fast that the weapon can't make progress.
.... The hulk then commenses an all out ass kicking street brawl and obliterates the main UI bot and every other challenge in his path.
.... After he has savagely destroyed the remaining enemey. He returns in a bound to the injured children and is worried because the children
are hurt (see 1990's hulk cartoon Sasquatch episode where sasquate nearly drowned a boy that was hulk's friend)...
.... The medical crews start to arrive and the children are getting attention and the others start to surround the hulk and hug him with tears in their eyes.
.... From that moment on the hulk knows that humans are basically good and his friends and he will never allow them to be harmed again.
.... The threat is gone... government is closing in and becoming more interested in the hulk as they now understand his powers increase with rage...
time for the hulk to go... while he likes humans he will not be government property.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
other Necessary Guidelines for success.

What to avoid for better box office success:
1. No more tossing goverment soldiers around... no one wants to see a hero do this especially
during times of war... wrong message.
2. No more complete focus on the love story with Betty... Backstory only.

What is absolutely essential to support hulk off-screen time.
1. Banner is boring and when on-screen and can quickly take life out of a otherwise good movie. so we do indeed need a Banner Hulk friend
like a young good hearted Rick Jones... basically comic character relief which Banner is
sorely missing.
2. Paying more attention to the Hulk comics especially like the late ones in the 1990's with Lou Ferrigno voice over. There were some very good source material that
captures hulk essense better than most animations.
3. No one really understands the expressions and emotions like Lou Ferrigno and is paramount to the movies success to capture the emotions correctly.
4. Stick to the comics... yes he can jump far...

wtf, an apocalyptic world with hulk?
(it doesn't sound bad i just wouldn't have so much death.)

(to fit your story a little better (IMO) i would change the robots to leader-drones, and general Ross would have to be involved, with him being helpless and hulk being the only one who could stop the leaders onslaught on new York
( i would make this scene the final battle of the movie just moments after a very intense battle with a mutated abomination (instead of a near death battle with a drone)
(and abomy has been further mutated by leader, and is closer to comic appearance) (hulk/abomy battle not set in new York, but set somewhere intense like an inactive volcano that would become slightly active after so much seismic energy from hulk and abomy)
(also we have to get a severely burnt abomy as a nod to the comics.)

or take most of those elements you pointed out (which have great detail) and add it to avengers.

have the avengers depleted of energy barely surviving against ultron, ultron bots and Loki.
banner is flying on the shield helicarrier with fury and his troops preparing to skydive into the battle, banner decides to run at a full sprint and dives off of the helicarrier with no flying equipment, with a determined and unafraid look on his face.
his eyes shoot green and his veins pulse and he has a quick transformation before he even touches the ground, thus hulk comes in to help.
hulks help is much need as it gives the avengers enough time to regroup and aid him in defeating ultron and Loki.

I wouldnt want to see him as a villain though, I wouldnt mind if for the first half of the movie he is CONSIDERED a villain by the Avengers, but then, during their fight him, some humans are put in danger and Hulk saves them, then they realise he isnt a villain and he joins the team down the road.

Well I think the idea would be the government wants Hulk under control and for the Avengers to take him down but they realize he isn't a villian
before the final act . I dont see hulk becoming an official member but instead he would help the team take another villian down and then he would go on his own way.

Not apocolyptic world with Hulk. Just the last 30 to 40 minutes of the movie. Prior to that we use some mixture of Rick Jones / Hulk Capture - Testing and maybe a run in or to with army bots. Villain build-up... (Villain has to be a dark slow brewing villain). I personally like the idea of a "Dark Doom" because i don't like the character development of the future "Leader" at the end of the latest Hulk movie... too comical... and un-intimidating.

Rick Jones for comedy relief and trouble making. I'm thinking a bit young 15 to 18 yrs... This is a important role to offset Banner's boringness and for story development and potentially cross-polination(being a valueable human link to hulk).

Hulk could also captured for testing (Strength, containment(Stark Industries), physical resistance testing - again Stark Industries)...
( Lot of good ideas here for feats of strength under stress etc...)

However the last 30 to 40 minutes would be a dark onslaught of mankind... I don't know about you but i've really wanted the hulk to land in on Cloverfield or during WoW or even Transformers... When all hope is lost and we are getting are asses kicked it just makes you angry and you want someone to kick ass... maybe an avenger or two to help but ultimately without the hulk things are hopeless... enter hulk...

I always wanted to imagine the rage of Hulk seeing a helpless child or woman really life-threatened by evil. I also think its important to see Hulk in a real hero role... each one of the previous movies the line has been blurred... and that's ok for the comic world but ultimately not for the general movie world. We want to know for sure what he really stands for underneath...

I personally loved how animals always approached the hulk in the original series and in the 90's comic because they never sensed danger and he always befriended the animals... making everyone truly understand that he was completely mis-understood by people only.

I love the green glowing eyes. :(

I completely agree that the sequel's theme should be the dynamic between Banner and Hulk and their hatred for one another. Now that the first movie got past all the obligatory introduction points, crack a little further into the mythology.

One thing I think should be avoided in the films by far is different forms of the hulk, like Joe Fix-It and Red Hulk and Professor Hulk or whatever and all that ****. It just detracts so much from the characters of both Bruce and Hulk for me. Keep it simple and semi-realistic. I know the whole realism thing sounds cliche by now, but the way it was handled in the last was perfect for Hulk.

Less focus on Betty now that this theme of a power struggle has entered and Banner's by himself once again. The army too. Personally, I believe that the reason that TIH wasn't a humongous success like IM (though still a success nonetheless) was because it showed us stuff we've already seen from the Hulk. Hulk vs army and Banner/Betty stuff. That's not TIH's fault, it was needed in the first movie, that's just stuff you have to introduce. But the sequel's gotta serve up something different that audiences haven't seen before. Same reason why I believe Thor will be a surprise huge success, a la Iron Man.
What to avoid for better box office success:
1. No more tossing goverment soldiers around... no one wants to see a hero do this especially
during times of war... wrong message.

hahahahahaha

It was because of the glowing eyes he didn't look like the average action figure that was Ang Lee's Hulk. It made him scarier, which is a good thing.

If only they'd shown a quarter of the mass destruction in an Emmerich film then Hulk would truly rock!

Trying to remember (I just ordered it on blu-ray, yay!) in TIH, did Banner finally come to accept the Hulk as a part of him in the end?

Maybe, it's a little ambiguous judging by the final shot whether he was enjoying his power trip or possibly holding control or whatever, but it looked like it.

I agree with GhostPoet... When i mentioned WoW or Cloverfield as backdrops for a final hulk scene script that I roughed up... we could have just as well included Independence Day... Godzilla etc...

Point being who wouldn't have liked to drop the Hulk in those movies when hope is lost and nothing but desperation is left.

That's definitely what happened and that grin on his face gave it away.

OR it could be that the power of the Hulk has clouded logic and reason, giving way to an incredible rampaging beast poised to be a villain in The Avengers.

In other words, as HP said above, Banner is now enjoying the power trip.

One of the few gripes I had with TIH was that we didn't see near enough destruction. I know it's not LL's fault due to budget restraints and the fact so much cgi went into creating hulk and abomb, I'd just love to see the kind of destruction, the kind of strength, the kind of power a hulk film should show on the big screen.

As much as I love ambiguous endings.

He shouldn't be a villian. Why bother spending the whole movie promoting him to basically be a destructive but good character and then bring him in as a villian for avengers.

Should he be percieved as a possible threat by others? Yes he should and them trying to detain either Hulk or Banner will be a troubling pain. But will he end up proving them right? Yes and No. He is a force of nature. And Banner won't be able to control him forever lots of mayhem and chaos will ensue. Story wise it would be best if there is still the tention of losing control.

He shouldn't be used as a villian for the avengers. But he is without a doubt definately a legitimate reason for them forming the team until something else emerged.

As much as I love ambiguous endings.

He shouldn't be a villian. Why bother spending the whole movie promoting him to basically be a destructive but good character and then bring him in as a villian for avengers.

Should he be percieved as a possible threat by others? Yes he should and them trying to detain either Hulk or Banner will be a troubling pain. But will he end up proving them right? Yes and No. He is a force of nature. And Banner won't be able to control him forever lots of mayhem and chaos will ensue. Story wise it would be best if there is still the tention of losing control.

He shouldn't be used as a villian for the avengers. But he is without a doubt definately a legitimate reason for them forming the team until something else emerged.

Oh I agree. A perceived "villain" only. But a necessary force for the Avengers to beat the true villains.

Well I think the idea would be the government wants Hulk under control and for the Avengers to take him down but they realize he isn't a villian
before the final act . I dont see hulk becoming an official member but instead he would help the team take another villian down and then he would go on his own way.

:up: That sounds like the ideal way to go about it to be honest, I personally hope its Hulk who is the big hero at the end.

Honestly...i'll be surprised if they do a sequel. The Hulk is just one of those heroes that is not so easily liked by the general audience as much as some of the "friendlier" heroes.

That's what was cool about the movie. One terrible critic's review I read said something along the lines of "It was alright, but it doesn't have the suave humor, coolness and fun of Iron Man. The Incredible Hulk is more like the cool guy's cousin who couldn't get a date to the prom." When that's exactly the point. Marvel Studios' movies reflect their lead characters themselves, Iron Man is cool and suave, TIH is not like that and that tone wouldn't have fit it right. TIH's a bit darker, a little more serious but without taking itself too seriously. It's less mainstream. In a way, it's almost like an outsider movie the way Bruce Banner himself is an outsider.

People still do like to see Edward Norton act and Hulk smash though, and I think people will respond very positively if they include him in Avengers to show him off and there will be a recharged interest in the character with a more likely chance of a successful sequel, but I'd only suggest one, no third. From then on, just Hulk in other characters' films.

Tim Roth wants to reprise 'Hulk' role

Tim Roth has revealed that he is willing to return for a sequel to 2008’s The Incredible Hulk.

Speaking to MTV, the 48-year-old said that he has spoken to Marvel about possibly reprising the role of villain Emil Blonsky.

"I don’t know if they want to bring [Blonsky] back, but I told them I’m absolutely game for it. It would be so much fun to do it again. I’m in it for three," Roth said, referring to his three-picture deal with Marvel.

He added: "I had the best time ever with that one - more fun on set than anybody. I did it purely for my kids, so my boys can laugh at their dad and have fun with it."

An Incredible Hulk sequel has not yet been announced.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a193233/tim-roth-wants-to-reprise-hulk-role.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"