Tim Blake Nelson is The Leader

This is great news! Some great Hulk villians in a great Hulk film!

I bet that they are just setting "The Leader" up in this film, keep him as Samuel Sterns, show him being very jealous of Banner and wanting lots of knowledge etc, then in a sequel to this film we can have him as "The Leader", green with a big head, going after Hulk's power!

EDIT: Another cool thing would be if Betty gets kidnapped or something by Abomination in this film or The Leader in the next, that would piss Hulk off so much!

WOW..we get Betty, Gen Ross, Abomation AND Leader?!!

Now we are talkin' a freakin Hulk movie!!

awesome news.

Plus Ed Norton is a guy who sticks his nose in other production aspects, I think this will help improve the movie.

That's one thing that gives me even more confidence. Not only is he a dedicated actor, but he is careful about the projects he picks and he has a rep for geeting involved in the film making beyond his performance. He takes his movies very seriously.

Yep, all good points... I would be surprised if he actually becomes The Leader until the end. It SHOULD definitely be the Dr. Connors role.

HULK finishes off saving New York from the Abomination. Smoke clears and here is HULK and Betty calming him down. He transforms back to Banner as Betty comforts him and the smoke is all around them from the destruction the 2 goliaths created.

Cue in the creation of the Leader with some smartassed comment as he looks onto Banner disappearing into a smokey retreat and sinister laugh...
Now that we finally have all the makings of a great movie, can we now give credit to Zak Penn for writing this script which Im sure will silence all his critics or will we still try to find fault? I have sat here and read all the posts and threads and no one is giving Zak his due now. Cmon people, this story far surpasses anything we could have imagined Zak writing.

Now that we finally have all the makings of a great movie, can we now give credit to Zak Penn for writing this script which Im sure will silence all his critics or will we still try to find fault? I have sat here and read all the posts and threads and no one is giving Zak his due now. Cmon people, this story far surpasses anything we could have imagined Zak writing.
you've read the script, we havent. How can we give the guy his due if we dont know what he's written? :huh: ... great cast still doesnt mean great movie... *cough*All the King's Men *cough*

Don't get mixed up EB, as far as the story is concerned, we have no idea what the leader/stern is doing, how much he'll be involved etc etc...
I don't want or don't need to smash Penn's effort, but if the synopsis and plot we have been discussing so far
"surpasses anything we could have imagined Zak writing."
well, not much was expected from penn in the 1st place.
I'm not saying all i've heard is a pile of crap, not at all, I'm saying that from a basic synopsis, it could turn out to be a great movie or just a pile of cliche...

all the rest is us fan assuming, wishing, etc etc....

Cast is rock solid, and other stuff (check this thread for more about what hypes the incredible Hulk now), but story wise, this new casting doesn't tell much, it opens door but doesn't tell much

I'm sure he is being set up for the sequel,very cool

He was the crazed Floridian sheriff from Meet the Fockers.

You'd also know him from Warm Springs and The Thin Red Line.

But his best role was the mountain man in Stella! :cmad:

This casting is a great. See, they're already planting seeds for the sequel.

Planting seeds, guys. That's what it's all about.

Na na na na
na na na na...Leader!

Or rather, Sam Sterns. Cool beans!

This casting is a great. See, they're already planting seeds for the sequel.

Planting seeds, guys. That's what it's all about.

_40952850_giant-ap-203x300.jpg

Literraly :wow:

It's funny seeing people raving about the Leader being in the movie without looking at who's actually been cast. :whatever:

I am impressed. This film is getting some real top notch talent, and they're bringing in the right characters. Marvel is doing it well.

He is saying that Tim Blake Nelson is not a good actor and shouldn't be playing Samuel Sterns/The Leader.

A question here, what do you want The Leader to look like? What should they use for his appearance? Makeup, CGI or a mixture?

He is saying that Tim Blake Nelson is not a good actor and shouldn't be playing Samuel Sterns/The Leader.

A question here, what do you want The Leader to look like? What should they use for his appearance? Makeup, CGI or a mixture?
Is he that bad an actor?
I've only seen him in O Brother, and they were all over -acting, which i think was well done...
How could he perform in a more straight-forward role, i don't know?

about look....

166796-leader_400.jpg

They have chosen a good actor for the role, but i hope his role in TIH is limited. As others have said, i hope they set him up for the sequel.

The Hulk to Face Tim Blake Nelson
Source: The Hollywood Reporter July 26, 2007

Tim Blake Nelson has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The movie, which Louis Leterrier is directing, sees Bruce Banner/Hulk on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a monster.

Nelson will play a scientist named Samuel Sterns. In Hulk lore, Sterns, aka "The Leader," is one of the Hulk's major antagonists, a menial worker in a chemical research plant who is bombarded with gamma radiation. He emerges from his accident not only green-skinned but also superintelligent, with an oversized brain.

Nelson joins a strong comic book movie cast that includes two-time Oscar nominee Edward Norton (Banner), Liv Tyler (Betty Ross), Tim Roth (villain Emil Blonsky/the Abomination) and William Hurt (General Ross, Betty's father).

Zak Penn wrote the latest big-screen adventure of the green goliath, which Universal Pictures is distributing domestically June 13, 2008.

TimBlakeNe_Ausse_4744369_400.jpg

So is he actually playing The Leader, or just Samuel Sterns, setting The Leader up for a sequel?

I had no idea that The Leader would even be in the film.
Coolness, as long as it doesn't suffer from too many villains.

So is he actually playing The Leader, or just Samuel Sterns, setting The Leader up for a sequel?

They are probably leaving that to speculation for a while I guess... As we see here, these announcements always create a stir and they have a LONG time to keep it up.

The developments of the story, casting and everything else is really shaping up nicely though. It seems that it will have everything the first was missing and then some!

Killer...I remember YEARS ago after the hulk, many of us threw around the idea of having Abomination and the Leader inthe next film, so how SWEET this is...THANK YOU MARVEL, now jsut don't "Fox" (aka f@#k it up!) the movie...lol!

I need to go re-read my World War Hulk again...:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"