Tim Roth is Emil Blonsky/Abomination in The Incredible Hulk!

Or Emil could get a look of what he looks like from some reflective surface and declare himself an Abomination because he can't change back like Banner can which leads to his rampage.

With Abomination only being in the film for about 10-20 minutes I doubt they are gonna have that much of a story for him. You'll just see him smash stuff up, fight the military then Hulk.

If he is named it will probably be by a soldier or something like that.

He said he kept the ears but made them different, if you watch the trailers, in some scenes you can see that Abomination has flat human looking ears.
So he kept the ears, but took away their distinguishing feature.

With Abomination only being in the film for about 10-20 minutes I doubt they are gonna have that much of a story for him. You'll just see him smash stuff up, fight the military then Hulk.

Come on, it would just be a throw away line, one that can be uttered during battle. Look at how much Iron Monger chatted whilst trashing Ironman and he has less screen time.

P.S. I noticed just now that we both have animated avatars of Marvel characters running towards the camera. :D

He said he kept the ears but made them different, if you watch the trailers, in some scenes you can see that Abomination has flat human looking ears.
do you have the quote, cuz i swear i remember him saying he was keeping them because they were so distinguishing

I just thought of this while I was playing the Sims 2. My game crashed because of a recurring backpack issue so that's why I'm here. Anyways, according to a few dueling users
One says Banner lets Abomination live in the novelization and the other said a leaked script described Hulk killing him.
This doesn't quite square with me somehow. Why you might be asking? Well, I'll tell you why. You see, Bruce Banner took a hypocratic oath to save human lives, regardless of what they've done. If as the one user states,
Banner as Hulk does kill Abomination at the end of the battle,
then to my sense of morality he's given in to the Hulk's rage instead of retaining Banner's humanity.

P.S.
Plus killing off the villain is starting to get rather old isn't it?

I also like the fact that in the novelisation
Betty gets through to hulk, to not kill abomb. In all that rage and hate Hulk must have towards abomb by that point it would be great to see Betty can still calm him down

I also like the fact that in the novelisation
Betty gets through to hulk, to not kill abomb. In all that rage and hate Hulk must have towards abomb by that point it would be great to see Betty can still calm him down

I don't know....maybe it's my sympathy for the bad guys in the movies I like, but I think it would be nice if Bruce showed Abomination some compassion for his plight being stuck in such a grotesque form unable to control the inner beast like he can. That would be a truly innovative thing to do instead of eliminating him. Abomination is still after all human himself.

Is the novelization out or have a few Borders starting selling them early?

I don't know....maybe it's my sympathy for the bad guys in the movies I like, but I think it would be nice if Bruce showed Abomination some compassion for his plight being stuck in such a grotesque form unable to control the inner beast like he can. That would be a truly innovative thing to do instead of eliminating him. Abomination is still after all human himself.

Well you have to remember we're dealing with Hulk in the final battle not banner, Hulk gets lost in his rage at times but still tries not to kill where possible, not really showing compasion, in his attitude to it I see it as they're not even worth killing (the bad guys). I still like the betty angle, she's always been able to calm hulk down, this would be a great way of showing it in the movie and showing his love for her.

Well you have to remember we're dealing with Hulk in the final battle not banner, Hulk gets lost in his rage at times but still tries not to kill where possible, not really showing compasion, in his attitude to it I see it as they're not even worth killing (the bad guys). I still like the betty angle, she's always been able to calm hulk down, this would be a great way of showing it in the movie and showing his love for her.

Yes, I've realized this by now that Hulk and Banner at this point are different. Now I haven't read the leaked script nor the novelization so I am going into this movie with very little plot spoilers. What I am about to say is not informed by these sources. But getting on with it, with Abomination utterly defeated and prone wouldn't it be nice to have Banner assert some control over the Hulk and not kill his foe, especially with Betty there trying to stop him. *edit* I'm just getting so sick and tired of seeing bad guys getting killed off. It's become way too cliche in these sorts of movies.

Just noticed something about this picture...
SaveHulk.jpg

It almost looks like Abominations skin is green. LL said that his skin IS green, but because of the flames it reflects those colors, causing it to have the brownish color that we have all become used to.

He really appears a bit green here. I just thought it was a nice touch.

Just noticed something about this picture...
SaveHulk.jpg

It almost looks like Abominations skin is green. LL said that his skin IS green, but because of the flames it reflects those colors, causing it to have the brownish color that we have all become used to.

He really appears a bit green here. I just thought it was a nice touch.

That pic rocks, and Roth is going to own the role...My wife loves him, and she was ho-hum about seeing yet another one of my movies (She refused to see Iron Man, but wants to see Batman...go figure, but she likes Bats from childhood), until she saw the clip with Blonsky fighting Hulk...BINGO...great casting in my book!

I'm really loving how Blonsky/Abomination is shaping up to be such a badass in the movie. I'm really going to look forward to seeing Blonsky and his cocky attitude take on the Hulk.

Didn't Leterrier say that they'll show the Abomination during daytime also, and that he'll look greener in those scenes?

Yes, I've realized this by now that Hulk and Banner at this point are different. Now I haven't read the leaked script nor the novelization so I am going into this movie with very little plot spoilers. What I am about to say is not informed by these sources. But getting on with it, with Abomination utterly defeated and prone wouldn't it be nice to have Banner assert some control over the Hulk and not kill his foe, especially with Betty there trying to stop him. *edit* I'm just getting so sick and tired of seeing bad guys getting killed off. It's become way too cliche in these sorts of movies.

YES, I AGREE 100%!

You can't just KILL off the bad guy, even if he won't come back as the villain in another movie his character might still be usefull in the story. It was a bad move in Spider-Man 1,2&3 (technically he wasnt killed in 2 and 3 is debatable), and in HULK (not that it matters though). I hope that Hulk stays his wrath on Abom, it will be a really good movie. You can keep Abom in the franchise for another appearance maybe...and if not it will still make the story better, Hulk controlling his rage due to Betty, thats totally some hardcore Hulk material right there.

I hope that they make the Abomination's muscles less visible in sequels. When he's in motion, he looks believable. But, when he's standing around, he looks CG. They could amp up his hideousness and "selling points" with more green-orange skin and less visible muscle.

Didn't Leterrier say that they'll show the Abomination during daytime also, and that he'll look greener in those scenes?

Abomination does not appear in daytime. Blonsky becomes Abomination near the end of the movie in the final act and has a small battle with the army then a long battle with Hulk.

Leterrier did say Abomination is green but he is "new" and has layered skin or something like that so his skin reflects light around him so he appears orange/brown cos of the flames. If he was shown in daylight he would appear a dark green colour. In some shots you can see that Abomination has some green on him. But it is better for him being a different colour to Hulk cos with them fighting in fast paced action in night it may confuse some people who is who and there would just be two huge green blobs on the screen.

Well, because of the redesign, I don't think that if they were both green it'd confuse people.

I hope that the Abomination returns in sequels, even though he's supposed to get his neck snapped.

Well, because of the redesign, I don't think that if they were both green it'd confuse people.

I hope that the Abomination returns in sequels, even though he's supposed to get his neck snapped.

That's one version, the other is
Betty pleads with Hulk to spare abomb, which he does
that would be great for him to return in a sequel, no one knows as of yet which they've gone with.

I'd like for them to go with the latter ending, so that if they want to bring him back people can't complain about whatever reason they give for him coming back.

I'm not wild about changing canon. Should Blonsky's story be changed so he can go back & forth at will between Abom & Emil? It would be really hard for him to hide as a 15 ft creature. Since he can still think like a normal human & is not ruled by rage maybe he should be able to control his tranformations. Any thoughts?

I would like that since it seems like they aren't going for Blonsky being such a sympathetic character. Ultimately, that'd be best but I'd like something similar to the Incredible Hulk animated TV series from the '90's where the Leader takes control of the Abomination.

YES, I AGREE 100%!

You can't just KILL off the bad guy, even if he won't come back as the villain in another movie his character might still be usefull in the story. It was a bad move in Spider-Man 1,2&3 (technically he wasnt killed in 2 and 3 is debatable), and in HULK (not that it matters though). I hope that Hulk stays his wrath on Abom, it will be a really good movie. You can keep Abom in the franchise for another appearance maybe...and if not it will still make the story better, Hulk controlling his rage due to Betty, thats totally some hardcore Hulk material right there.
I'm sick of them killing off villians in every Superhero movie. They could have Abom team up with the Leader or the Thunderbolt Ross in future movies. A retreat from the Hulk in the final battle or Army Cage/Frozen/Suspended Animation etc. would work for me.

Yeah, it's boring to see villains getting killed off everytime. It happens in almost every Marvel movie and it's getting tiresome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"