Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

The writing for Bruce Wayne is horrible. But to be fair,its pretty bad for most characters on the show.

Outside of seeing Hank and Donna again and their interctions with Tim Drake who I do like so far I really didn't care for this episode to be honest and might actually be my least favorite episode.

I don't why but something about it just felt off to me and while Bruce has had his moments this season mostly his brief interactions with Jason Todd they just keep writing him in a way that feels so out of character and him attempting to kill himself was just one of the really low points of this season so far.

Also, it was cool seeing Raven again too, but its so late in the game now that I could hardly as much and it doesn't help that they didn't give her anything exciting to do on Themiscyra even with the Amazons being there.

Outside of seeing Hank and Donna again and their interctions with Tim Drake who I do like so far I really didn't care for this episode to be honest and might actually be my least favorite episode.

I don't why but something about it just felt off to me and while Bruce has had his moments this season mostly his brief interactions with Jason Todd they just keep writing him in a way that feels so out of character and him attempting to kill himself was just one of the really low points of this season so far.

Also, it was cool seeing Raven again too, but its so late in the game now that I could hardly as much and it doesn't help that they didn't give her anything exciting to do on Themiscyra even with the Amazons being there.

I thought it was obvious that her powers could bring Donna back to life but it's like she was there for nothing?? Utter waste of a storyline. "What if we send Raven to Themyscira to help bring Donna back to life but instead of her doing that we just pull out some afterlife bridge to bring Donna back to life out of nowhere and call it a day?"

Last edited:
Awww, hell no! Complete opposite. So many things happened, well just because. Things just didn't make sense at all. Bruce, again, was written so horribly. I knew Donna was coming back to life but this was absolutely the worst way of doing it. :barf:

But thats majority of Titans episode where things happen "just because".

It felt like the writers trying kind of to be cutesy clever about the critique the show has gotten from the fans. Like Donna talking about how lame her "death" was, and Raven talking about how Titans hardly ever has fought bad guys as a team.

That was intentional and maybe even slightly clever, but it doesnt excuse that the writers and producers have now trained on writing this show for nearly 3 seasons, and it still is just "lets introduce a new character, forget about planted storylines and not have them do superhero stuff".

It felt like the writers trying kind of to be cutesy clever about the critique the show has gotten from the fans. Like Donna talking about how lame her "death" was, and Raven talking about how Titans hardly ever has fought bad guys as a team.

That was intentional and maybe even slightly clever, but it doesnt excuse that the writers and producers have now trained on writing this show for nearly 3 seasons, and it still is just "lets introduce a new character, forget about planted storylines and not have them do superhero stuff".

It's baffling how the first 10 minutes of the first episode of the season is still the only time they actually worked as a team and is one of the best moments of the series.

Wasnt that Jericho mind controlling Bruce somehow, or posessing his body?

But yeah, this show introduces plots and subplots all the time and then forgets about them. I wonder if they ever will mention Dick Greysons whole prison-adventures .
didn't even think of that....
either way, wish they gave some type of explanation

I do wonder why the Hawk/Dove spin off never happened. The show is a huge success you would think that they would've wanted to continue that success with another show.

I do wonder why the Hawk/Dove spin off never happened. The show is a huge success you would think that they would've wanted to continue that success with another show.

marvel-is-it-though.gif

I.. I just don't know what I just watched.

People die, end up in some weird purgatory with a train, and no concept of time (this might be why Donna hasn't experienced much more than Hank).

We're supposed to believe that everyone who dies go to this place? Where was Aqualad? Where was Jericho? Where was Joker?

What kinda messed up afterlife was this even supposed to be? It was just an episode of pure weirdness.

Regarding Bruce and his suicide ... it's totally believable. Everyone, even Batman has a breaking point. Take into account everything he's had to endure and the mental toll that would take on him. Is it really any surprise he snapped? Really?

Last edited:
I would think fans would be outraged, (if you look at all the hate Batwoman is getting) but I guess people simply dont care about this show.
They really don't, it's kind of amazing really, here we have a show that's a live action adaptation of one of DC's most popular franchises, and people just don't give a damn, even the CW shows are getting more attention, it might be to express annoyance or disappointment but it's not the outright apathy this show gets, like you got tons of YouTube channels that do nothing but talk about Marvel and DC and even they ignore the show.

They really don't, it's kind of amazing really, here we have a show that's a live action adaptation of one of DC's most popular franchises, and people just don't give a damn, even the CW shows are getting more attention, it might be to express annoyance or disappointment but it's not the outright apathy this show gets, like you got tons of YouTube channels that do nothing but talk about Marvel and DC and even they ignore the show.

Yeah it's weird considering how many people were upset about a He-Man cartoon, and who then made tons of videos about it on YouTube. I would've thought those same "fans" would be even more triggered about what's happening in Titans, but I guess not....

The only "outrage" I seem to remember about this show is when people found out Starfire was going to be black :whatever:

Regarding Bruce and his suicide ... it's totally believable. Everyone, even Batman has a breaking point. Take into account everything he's had to endure and the mental toll that would take on him. Is it really any surprise he snapped? Really?

The writing is horrible for Bruce Wayne. You can do a story with what they did here, there might even be good reasons for it, but the way it was done was weak. But we are supposed to believe this guy has been Batman? inconsistent characterization and complete waste of character and actor. Maybe he can be dancing with strippers in somebody's hallucination in the next episode again? that was really neat!

Last edited:
The writing is horrible for Bruce Wayne. You can do a story with what they did here, there might even be good reasons for it, but the way it was done was weak. But we are supposed to believe this guy has been Batman? inconsistent characterization and complete waste of character and actor. Maybe he can be dancing with strippers in somebody's hallucination in the next episode again? that was really neat!
Oh I don't disagree for one minute that the writing for Master Wayne has been terrible, all I'm saying with regard to his attempted suicide though is that nobody is completely beyond the breaking point, and even Bruce Wayne would have a mental limit of what he can handle before life becomes too much to bare.

Although in this instance, had he been successful he'd have just wound up on a train in purgatory anyway, further questioning just what the hell was going on...

Yes. And I am not necessarily against a storyline that deals with something as depressing as that character attempting suicide, its just the way they have done everything with that character (and many other characters) make no sense. Its stuff that doesn't register since the setup and character building has been so weak . Its not earned.

What was this episode? It made little to no sense.

We end the last episode with Donna saving Bruce and yet this episode we dont see or hear of Bruce. Did he go back to sulking in his castle? And was it not meant to be Wayne Manor?

Why do the writers keep forgetting what powers Donna have throughout the episode? Why is she taking a cab to Gotham (with what money) and why does she walk the rest of the way when SHE HAS SUPERSPEED???? Aunt Lydia (under his eye) is able to teleport to Gotham somehow and test Donna because Donna wasnt brought back correctly? And Donna has to prove that she still knows how to fight? What? I don't understand.

Titans.....how did that video even implicate them as trying to poison everyone? And why would you turn in Krypto as well? Can you not just find a babysitter? Barbara has been shown to be respected amongst her co-workers so it didnt make sense that cop guy would just totally disobey her and all of the cops would ignore her when she is the one in charge.

Blackfire doesn't have any powers? Im confused....why would Kory only have powers? Isnt that part of the Tamareonan (sp) alien package? I dont understand how/why she would absorb her powers and whatever happened to her being the big bad? Did they just not know what to do with Kory so they decided "we'll add her sister to the Titans for no good reason so Kory can have someone to argue with and talk about their home planet with"?

I wish HBO would get a new showrunner because this show is being wasted.

Blackfire doesn't have any powers? Im confused....why would Kory only have powers? Isnt that part of the Tamareonan (sp) alien package? I dont understand how/why she would absorb her powers and whatever happened to her being the big bad? Did they just not know what to do with Kory so they decided "we'll add her sister to the Titans for no good reason so Kory can have someone to argue with and talk about their home planet with"?
I can't remember specifically, but it was said in one of the previous episodes that Kory's sister was born without powers - she's practically an abnormality within her family.

I agree with everything else you've said.

What was this episode? It made little to no sense.

We end the last episode with Donna saving Bruce and yet this episode we dont see or hear of Bruce. Did he go back to sulking in his castle? And was it not meant to be Wayne Manor?

Nah, Bruce hired a new Alfred and went to some castle in europe to light himself on fire.

How many episodes are left ot this season 1-3? , It be cool if there is a "Bruce return to Wayne manor and says GET THE **** out of MY HOUSE!" moment while throwing Scarecrow out , but thats probably too clever for these writers.

And yes, a weird episode , with even more hallucinations and weirdness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"