Titans Titans General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the fence about Barbara being on the roster. On the one hand, it's not like any other live-action medium will be using her, but on the other hand I have a feeling they are going to milk a love triangle with her, Dick, and Starfire for all its worth.

I don't know much about Hawk & Dove so I can't make much of an opinion on them, but it sounds like they will have a bigger role in the pilot than Starfire and Raven.... which is odd. Next to Nightwing, Raven has been the one I've been most excited to see.

I hope this isn't in continuity with the CWverse for a few reasons:

1. Arrow's Deathstroke is written terribly. His motivations suck. Manu Bennet is great, but the Arrow writers do him no favors. He's been a joke ever since his turn to the dark side.

2. If Titans want to use Roy Harper, I"d rather it not be Arrow's one.

3. Arrow hasn't been consistently good since the first half of season 2. I'd rather those writers not have any influence on the world of Titans.

Of course its not. Goldsman's developing it and more likely the showrunner; not Berlanti and Guggenheim

As for Hawk & Dove....

Showcase-75-1968.jpg

Hawk-and-Dove_Ghosts-and-Demons_New-Edition_TP-660x1024.jpg

DC-Comic-TV-Shows-Hawk-and-Dove.jpg

Orignially two brothers Hank and Don Hall. Don died in the CRISIS and Dawn took up the mantle followed by Hank becoming rogue (Monarch/Extant) Dawn Granger was presumed killed by him but turned out to be alive. Her sister Holly briefly assumed the Hawk mantle but was unceremoniously killed off via Editoral Mandate and Hank was resurrected as the net result of it (Blackest Night/Brightest Day)

Last edited:
In the digital age having a tech-savvy hero makes sense, doubly so if they can't use Cyborg.

Surely Bumblebee would've fit since Karen's a STARLabs personnel

I've never really liked Hawk and Dove, but I think they should make them both male or both female and have them be a gay couple. We have yet to see any LGBT characters on superhero films or TV shows who are part of the main cast, and that could be really interesting to see. I know purists would b**ch, but does anyone really care that much about Hawk and Dove anyway?

I've never really liked Hawk and Dove, but I think they should make them both male or both female and have them be a gay couple. We have yet to see any LGBT characters on superhero films or TV shows who are part of the main cast, and that could be really interesting to see. I know purists would b**ch, but does anyone really care that much about Hawk and Dove anyway?

If there's a small consolation: They could make Jericho gay since that was what Marv and George were originally gunning for back in the day.

Its that mentality (in bold in red) that gave way to Wally West being made black (if that was motivated as part of the DiDIot's knife-twisting)

But why does it matter if Wally West is black?

It matters as its another long line of assault towards the character's fanbase by the very duo within publishing that chose to push the "Only Barry IS the Flash and **** the others especially the one who succeeded him" agenda for the last seven years. Its no secret DiDio and Johns have been pushing this for so long even if it means erasing Wally out of existence and take advantaged of the casting appointments of Patton and Martin as another shot at the readers they've already alienated.

I think you're reading a little too much into that. The creators behind the Flash have already made it clear they intended to introduce Wally down the line (Which means unless he's adopted he's going to be black) and DC was likely just following suit.

But then again I don't really see why anyone would view a character turning black as a personal affront but that's just me.

Surely Bumblebee would've fit since Karen's a STARLabs personnel

I like Bumblebee, but Oracle is more popular and has connections to Nightwing, which makes sense if the show is largely about him.

It's not like most of the audience is going to know or care that she was never a Titan in the comics.

I'm in it for Nightwing. Make no mistake. I hope Barbara isn't just the geek with the pretty face back at base like AOS, Flash, and Arrow have. That dynamic is getting old, fast.

I'm on the fence about Barbara being on the roster. On the one hand, it's not like any other live-action medium will be using her, but on the other hand I have a feeling they are going to milk a love triangle with her, Dick, and Starfire for all its worth.

I don't know much about Hawk & Dove so I can't make much of an opinion on them, but it sounds like they will have a bigger role in the pilot than Starfire and Raven.... which is odd. Next to Nightwing, Raven has been the one I've been most excited to see.

I hope this isn't in continuity with the CWverse for a few reasons:

1. Arrow's Deathstroke is written terribly. His motivations suck. Manu Bennet is great, but the Arrow writers do him no favors. He's been a joke ever since his turn to the dark side.

2. If Titans want to use Roy Harper, I"d rather it not be Arrow's one.

3. Arrow hasn't been consistently good since the first half of season 2. I'd rather those writers not have any influence on the world of Titans.

I mostly agree with this, but Barbara being here doesn't bother me. She's much more of multi-dimensional character than people seem to remember.

The problem is including her in this is that she & Dick are so heavily associated with Bats, Jim & Alfred that there are going to be even more screaming hard-core fans than there are about Gotham. And they hevily tilt/change the group dynamic we're familiar with.

Hawk & Dove? Somebody had better have a really good revamp for them, because yeesh...

Raven & Starfire should be great if they stick to their origins.

One way or another I think this is going to be a very different super-hero show.

I'm interested to see which duo they go with for Hawk&Dove. Of all the characters, never expected to see them pop up. Also interested to see how they do Starfire. I am a little scared they are going to change up her look.

^ They're going with Hank Hall and Dawn Granger for Hawk and Dove. The Nerdist article confirms this.

It's not like most of the audience is going to know or care that she was never a Titan in the comics.

Well, yes. Its good that it's Babs as Oracle rather than as Batgirl

I'm in it for Nightwing. Make no mistake. I hope Barbara isn't just the geek with the pretty face back at base like AOS, Flash, and Arrow have. That dynamic is getting old, fast.

What else would you like to see her do?

Well, I guess we could have her as Batgirl. Though I doubt that we will.

I wouldn't be against her appearing as Batgirl, but I want her as Oracle. If she appears as Batgirl, I'd like it either in flashbacks or they do an arc where she gets paralyzed in the show and has to adjust to life in a wheelchair.

The report is that she's paralyzed at the start of the show but isn't called Oracle yet.

I'm interested to see which duo they go with for Hawk&Dove. Of all the characters, never expected to see them pop up. Also interested to see how they do Starfire. I am a little scared they are going to change up her look.
You actually want the classic Starfire costume?

I've never been a fan of it and always wished DC would give her a new look.

The report is that she's paralyzed at the start of the show but isn't called Oracle yet.

Yup. She's basically "Oracle" without actually being called "Oracle." (yet)

You actually want the classic Starfire costume?

I've never been a fan of it and always wished DC would give her a new look.

I don't care about her costume, its her actual alien look. The skin/eyes/hair.

And I personally would want them to start out having Babs as Batgirl in the series and transition her to Oracle as the show goes on. Adapting The Killing Joke (if they could get Joker) would be a BIG episode/storyline.

I can't agree with this. Flash is solid, Arrow has been abysmal since the last few episodes of season 2. I'd rather not have this tied to a universe that at the moment is 50/50 to me. Plus I don't care for their takes on a number of characters (Ra's, Huntress, Black Canary, Oliver himself) and if they appear here I don't want to see those versions.

I agree the CWverse is not the best, but you'll still watch the Titans even if it is in the same universe right?

I knew they would leave Beast Boy out for budget reasons and Cyborg because he's more of a JL member lately. Anyway, Barbara is more interesting than Victor, so is a major plus. But I never expected Hawk & Dove, I thought they were going to include Aqualad and/or Wonder Girl... hopefully, we'll see several classic members down the road.

I agree the CWverse is not the best, but you'll still watch the Titans even if it is in the same universe right?

I knew they would leave Beast Boy out for budget reasons and Cyborg because he's more of a JL member lately. Anyway, Barbara is more interesting than Victor, so is a major plus. But I never expected Hawk & Dove, I thought they were going to include Aqualad and/or Wonder Girl... hopefully, we'll see several classic members down the road.

I would, however my anticipation would be drastically lowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"