• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight To Those Who Knock BOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally Agree. Jett has put well over 8 years into this thing and ive found it most reliable. BOF gets it before SHH or anywhere else.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I love BOF........everyone who doesn't like it.....well....maybe your not a Bat-fan.

The site is for Bat-fans. SHH is for ALL fans. Not one in particular. Psychos, like the one who wrote that email to Jett, need to figure that little riddle out.

I agree. Those who want to knock BOF are just a bunch of insensitive immature unintelligent un-inquisitive uncaring narcissistic teenagers. I admire his hard work and obivous passion for the Dark Knight.

He's doing actually what I would do with that site if I wasn't so lazy.

The Guard said:
Yes, and half of them originated from BOF.

That's because most people are smart enough to know a rumor is a rumor until it's confirmed as fact.

Prove it. Break down each rumor and show me percentages.
They generated from everywhere. Every rumor site was running tons of stories related to the movie. BOF was reporting what was being said, including tonsa rumors from other sites.

Apparently no, they aren´t, cuz they constantly talk about rumors as if they were fact - coughBettanycough.

I knew it from memory and experience, cuz I was reading pretty much everything on it. As other people pointed out, it was the first to have an accurate description of the batmobile, the first reports of the Holmes and Watanabe casting, the first reports of Freeman being in talks, the most detailed set reports and the first review online of the film. Point to me another website that had that amount of correct first reports.

I quite like the site.

i think jett has something that alot of people seem to be missing, enthusiaism spelled wrong but you know what i was trying to say :)

he gets excited just like every other fanboy..

so just because news is slow..stop trying to blame a website..because you know for a fact its wrong..blame the WB.

Excel said:
those who dislike bof obviously cannot read because jett says "take this has a rumor" or "with a grain of salt" every time.

hell-THERES EVEN A DISCLAIMER AT THE TOP OF HIS NEWS PAGE SAYING THAT :whatever:

Its yalls damn fault for taking what he says is a rumor as fact. Noone elses.

so shut da **** up!
raybia said:
I agree. Those who want to knock BOF are just a bunch of insensitive immature unintelligent un-inquisitive uncaring narcissistic teenagers. I admire his hard work and obivous passion for the Dark Knight.

He's doing actually what I would do with that site if I wasn't so lazy.
Very mature response guys.:rolleyes:
So even if you check the site regularly it doesn't give you the right to criticize anything about it? lmao.:woot:
StorminNorman said:
Latino Review is horrible about Self Promotion - see above.
You gave only one example.And yes they did read a draft of the script its just that Warner put a stop them publishing the review, for now.

reality check.

half the posters at thehyp eare much bigges and tools then jett.

I have yet to see whys he a bad ugy; its like al lthis hate on pop stars.what gives? what he do to you?

Excel, you're drunk.

so?

i stlil jet means well and tries hard whci is al we can ask for

Can I ask for you to use proper spelling and grammar :csad:?

You cannot not ask for the incorrect, improper use of grammar. :)

Excel said:
those who dislike bof obviously cannot read because jett says "take this as a rumor" or "with a grain of salt" every time.

hell-THERES EVEN A DISCLAIMER AT THE TOP OF HIS NEWS PAGE SAYING THAT :whatever:

Its yalls damn fault for taking what he says is a rumor as fact. Noone elses.

so shut da **** up!

thank u

They generated from everywhere. Every rumor site was running tons of stories related to the movie. BOF was reporting what was being said, including tonsa rumors from other sites.

Prove it. Find me some examples.

I knew it from memory and experience, cuz I was reading pretty much everything on it. As other people pointed out, it was the first to have an accurate description of the batmobile, the first reports of the Holmes and Watanabe casting, the first reports of Freeman being in talks, the most detailed set reports and the first review online of the film. Point to me another website that had that amount of correct first reports.

Most detailed set reports? How so? Because he broke his up into some insanely long epic about his years as a batfan whereas other people just wrote about their set visits? My point is...he also had a number of INCORRECT first reports. I could care less who is FIRST in this instance. He was "first" on a lot of things, few which proved to be accurate. I care who is accurate.

Retroman said:
You gave only one example.And yes they did read a draft of the script its just that Warner put a stop them publishing the review, for now.

I am not sure if I buy that - I don't think WB would of given them a script if they didn't want the review to be posted. After all, WB could only gain from a positive script review.

Also, that one example came from the one script review I have read from the site - however if I spend the time reading more than one, I am sure I could find more than one example. There is nothing Jett has said that was worse than that single clip from LR.

Basically what I like about Jett's post is that he is the everday man. He is not a fantastic writer - yet he has a popular, fairly respected website. He gets excited at small bits of news - just like us. He gets overexcited about certain rumors, like the most of us. He gets defensive and somewhat childish when he is attacked - just like most of us. Jett is one of us, he is relatable and IMO that is part of the charm of his site.

StorminNorman said:
I am not sure if I buy that - I don't think WB would of given them a script if they didn't want the review to be posted. After all, WB could only gain from a positive script review.

Hahaha, WB didn't GIVE THEM the script. Studios don't hand out scripts to be reviewed--especially for films like this, where they take special care to keep scripts secret. Latino Review would have gotten the script through other means (leaking).

Saint said:
Hahaha, WB didn't GIVE THEM the script. Studios don't hand out scripts to be reviewed--especially for films like this, where they take special care to keep scripts secret. Latino Review would have gotten the script through other means (leaking).

Well it seems to be universally accepted that someone from WB (I believe Goyer is named) leaked the Batman Begins script inorder to gain publicity. Basically I don't know why WB WOULDN'T leak the script to select sites (LR, BOF,etc) inorder to pump up the fan base.

Seems to me it would be the best marketing plan and cost no money. :huh:

The Guard said:
Prove it. Find me some examples.

Most detailed set reports? How so? Because he broke his up into some insanely long epic about his years as a batfan whereas other people just wrote about their set visits? My point is...he also had a number of INCORRECT first reports. I could care less who is FIRST in this instance. He was "first" on a lot of things, few which proved to be accurate. I care who is accurate.
It´s common knowledge, AICN, CHUD, Dark Horizons, the usual suspects. AICN, for instance, post a bunch of fake pictures, like what was supposed to be the first poster, then a fake picture of the batmobile. They also ran the fake script review of Year One. AICN also ran stories like the Egghead rumor and all the casting speculations. Sites were running wild with speculation, it´s silly that you try to corner me with that.

And he gave mor first ACCURATE reports than anyone else. A rumor is not an incorrect report if its´s clearly stated that it´s a rumor.

It´s common knowledge, AICN, CHUD, Dark Horizons, the usual suspects. AICN, for instance, post a bunch of fake pictures, like what was supposed to be the first poster, then a fake picture of the batmobile.

Common knowledge? Uh...when did this all happen? Show me, please.

They also ran the fake script review of Year One. AICN also ran stories like the Egghead rumor and all the casting speculations. Sites were running wild with speculation, it´s silly that you try to corner me with that.

And Jett ran the Red Baron and Clock King stuff. Your point? I'm not even really interested in AICN in this argument. I'm not trying to corner you with anything. I'm simply saying...Jett's not accurate all that much. He runs wild with speculation as much as anyone does. And that's my point.

And he gave more first ACCURATE reports than anyone else. A rumor is not an incorrect report if its´s clearly stated that it´s a rumor.

Whoop-dee-doo. So only the rumors he "backed" that actually turned out to be true count? What about the ones that didn't?

Well, AICN ran that manipped shot of the Clooney suit as the first batsuit picture, and also that fake poster that depicted the closeup of a grey fabric batsuit.

That said, BOF ran the "Edge-as-Egghead" bit, haha. Everybody is guilty of bad "scoops" from time to time.

shut up guard; your point is pointless.

he CAN runs wild casuse hes a FAN just like all of us; so give him a break.

The Guard said:
Common knowledge? Uh...when did this all happen? Show me, please.

And Jett ran the Red Baron and Clock King stuff. Your point? I'm not even really interested in AICN in this argument. I'm not trying to corner you with anything. I'm simply saying...Jett's not accurate all that much. He runs wild with speculation as much as anyone does. And that's my point.

Whoop-dee-doo. So only the rumors he "backed" that actually turned out to be true count? What about the ones that didn't?
You should be interested because I stated that a lot of sites posted rumors and you seemed to doubt me. Therefore you can´t be "not interested" in AICN. C´mon, we all were following the rumors and news on the various sites, don´t act like none of it happened.

Jett runs a site that openly posts rumors. If he´s stating that a rumor is just that, that it´s not a fact, he´s being accurate. A lot of the Internet runs rumors like they´re fact
Look at this report from www.comics2film.com:
"RYAN PHILLIPPE is set to take over from TOMMY LEE JONES after reportedly landing the role of HARVEY DENT/TWO-FACE in the upcoming BATMAN BEGINS sequel. REESE WITHERSPOON's husband will join HEATH LEDGER, who has signed on to play THE JOKER, and new Batman CHRISTIAN BALE in THE DARK KNIGHT. CRASH star Phillippe beat LIEV SHREIBER and JOSH LUCAS to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie BATMAN FOREVER, according to internet reports. SIR MICHAEL CAINE and MORGAN FREEMAN have also joined the Batman cast, while fellow Oscar winner PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN is in talks to play THE PENGUIN in the new film."
Is there any point where it clearly says that this is a rumor? No. And now Nolan has said the part hasn´t been cast yet.

We saw him jogging through Arkham a bit, so it's not like his feet are in wet cement as in the previous films.

He flat-out ran (and jogged) in BATMAN. He also ran in BATMAN FOREVER. The rest of the time in the films he tended to walk quickly. "Wet cement"?

Well, AICN ran that manipped shot of the Clooney suit as the first batsuit picture, and also that fake poster that depicted the closeup of a grey fabric batsuit.

AICN runs EVERYTHING that can stir people up. I don't even consider AICN a decent site for rumors. I consider it a decent site for reviews.

shut up guard; your point is pointless.

Which point? The only one I've really made is this "Being right a couple of times doesn't equal immense success in the rumor game". And how are you justified in telling me to shut up? What are you, nine years old?

You should be interested because I stated that a lot of sites posted rumors and you seemed to doubt me.

No, I had trouble believing there were "a bunch" of fake pictures, fake pics of the Batmobile, etc. And I asked you to show me. You haven't yet.

Therefore you can´t be "not interested" in AICN.

Sure I can be. I don't give a hoot what AICN's track record is. I don't measure BOF in comparison to other sites. I measure in comparison to his own.

C´mon, we all were following the rumors and news on the various sites, don´t act like none of it happened.

There's a difference between the occassional rumor and "wild speculation every other day".

Jett runs a site that openly posts rumors. If he´s stating that a rumor is just that, that it´s not a fact, he´s being accurate. A lot of the Internet runs rumors like they´re fact.

And some dumbass tried to tell me Jett's site kicks ass because he had three or four scoops that panned out first. And I'm saying that isn't so. And I said why his site kicks ass...because it fosters discussion and speculation, period. But apparently no one listened and just wants BOF to be the premiere rumor site by default.

Look at this report from www.comics2film.com:
"RYAN PHILLIPPE is set to take over from TOMMY LEE JONES after reportedly landing the role of HARVEY DENT/TWO-FACE in the upcoming BATMAN BEGINS sequel. REESE WITHERSPOON's husband will join HEATH LEDGER, who has signed on to play THE JOKER, and new Batman CHRISTIAN BALE in THE DARK KNIGHT. CRASH star Phillippe beat LIEV SHREIBER and JOSH LUCAS to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie BATMAN FOREVER, according to internet reports. SIR MICHAEL CAINE and MORGAN FREEMAN have also joined the Batman cast, while fellow Oscar winner PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN is in talks to play THE PENGUIN in the new film."

Is there any point where it clearly says that this is a rumor? No. And now Nolan has said the part hasn´t been cast yet.

Who cares? Unless the point you're making is "other sites post rumors that aren't true", to which I could easily respond "BOF posts more of them". Comics2Film is a site that most of the time, takes its rumors from EVERYONE ELSE (ironically , didn't this particular, apparently false rumor come from BOF originally?), and then masquerades as a rumor mill. I don't even consider it a real news/rumor site. And neither do too many other people, from what I've gathered.

Do me a favor. Go back and read my original post in this thread. Carefully. Then see if you can figure out where I'm coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"