• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight To Those Who Knock BOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrisBaleBatman said:
I love BOF........everyone who doesn't like it.....well....maybe your not a Bat-fan.
I am a fan of Batman. That is all that is required. Period.

unknownuser said:
Before there was SHH, there was BOF...for me atleast...
All the things I really wanted to know about Begins prior to the release of the film I learned here at SHH.

gaurd-

BOF obviously posts moreonly cause their ONLY about batman, geez. Im not 9 years old, but you need to stop talking. Your arguing bof is bad cause they post more batman rumors then any other site.

well, uh, DUH! That kind of why its there-to report batman movie news & RUMORS.

Maybe if you knew how to read, you would be able to seperate them, because jett clearly says when to believe him and when not to. I dont remember a time he told me to take something to the bank that turned out to be wrong.

What your doing is being far too critical; you act like bof is only job and priority his life. Have some understanding.

The Guard said:
He flat-out ran (and jogged) in BATMAN. He also ran in BATMAN FOREVER. The rest of the time in the films he tended to walk quickly. "Wet cement"?

AICN runs EVERYTHING that can stir people up. I don't even consider AICN a decent site for rumors. I consider it a decent site for reviews.

Which point? The only one I've really made is this "Being right a couple of times doesn't equal immense success in the rumor game". And how are you justified in telling me to shut up? What are you, nine years old?

No, I had trouble believing there were "a bunch" of fake pictures, fake pics of the Batmobile, etc. And I asked you to show me. You haven't yet.

Sure I can be. I don't give a hoot what AICN's track record is. I don't measure BOF in comparison to other sites. I measure in comparison to his own.

There's a difference between the occassional rumor and "wild speculation every other day".

And some dumbass tried to tell me Jett's site kicks ass because he had three or four scoops that panned out first. And I'm saying that isn't so. And I said why his site kicks ass...because it fosters discussion and speculation, period. But apparently no one listened and just wants BOF to be the premiere rumor site by default.

Who cares? Unless the point you're making is "other sites post rumors that aren't true", to which I could easily respond "BOF posts more of them". Comics2Film is a site that most of the time, takes its rumors from EVERYONE ELSE (ironically , didn't this particular, apparently false rumor come from BOF originally?), and then masquerades as a rumor mill. I don't even consider it a real news/rumor site. And neither do too many other people, from what I've gathered.

Do me a favor. Go back and read my original post in this thread. Carefully. Then see if you can figure out where I'm coming from.

My point, Guard, which you seem determined not to understand, is there is nothing necessarily wrong with posting rumors, yes, even if they don´t turn out to be true and even if BOF runs a lot of them. The point is that the site is CLEAR about what´s rumor and what´s not, and there are many sites that aren´t. The problem I see with a lot of posters, is they´re TOLD that something is just a rumor, and they go wild about it pretty much as if it were fact, and then when it isn´t they wanna bite Jett in the ass as if he had flat out lied to them, which he didn´t.

Now I want YOU to prove me something... Show a website that had more accurate first-hand information on Batman Begins than BOF.

This is the link to the fake batmobile pics on AICN http://www.aintitcool.com/node/17218, it quotes the source as being BOF, but it wasn´t from Jett or the news page, it was the message boards.
Here´s the fake YO script review http://www.aintitcool.com/node/9819

raybia said:
Those who want to knock BOF are just a bunch of insensitive immature unintelligent un-inquisitive uncaring narcissistic teenagers.
Jett—and his conclave—have a rather tedious habit of dismissing anything even remotely critical of BOF as having emanated from the blithering mouth of an ignorant 14-year old. Of course, this is exactly the sort of simplistic characterization that one might expect from an “insensitive immature unintelligent un-inquisitive uncaring narcissistic” ne'er-do-well. As with anything else, there is always a valid criticism to be made, unless, of course, BOF is the transliteration of the holy Bat-site that resides in heaven and was given to Jett by an angel from above… but I suspect that’s a rumor not even BOF would report.

BatScot said:
Jett—and his conclave—have a rather tedious habit of dismissing anything even remotely critical of BOF as having emanated from the blithering mouth of an ignorant 14-year old. Of course, this is exactly the sort of simplistic characterization that one might expect from an “insensitive immature unintelligent un-inquisitive uncaring narcissistic” ne'er-do-well. As with anything else, there is always a valid criticism to be made, unless, of course, BOF is the transliteration of the holy Bat-site that resides in heaven and was given to Jett by an angel from above… but I suspect that’s a rumor not even BOF would report.
The same can be said about many critics of the site who´ll call it a bogus site that only posts BS whenever a rumor it posts doesn´t turn out to be true, no matter how many things it got right.

I only saw Jett make that kind of comment about the kind of hate mail that shows up on his mailbag, which BTW clearly sounds like it was written by ignorant 14 year-olds.

I'm actually enjoying the melee from a spectators perspective. I know better than to join the fray.

This thread really shouldn't exist.

Though it is fun posting

*bashes BOF*

gets post count up:o

I wasn't aware of BOF being knocked. :confused: The only real problem I've had was when he closed shop with the script being leaked. It seemed like a quick immature reaction, but even then he was back on in a few days, so it was all good.

Clerk said:
I wasn't aware of BOF being knocked. :confused: The only real problem I've had was when he closed shop with the script being leaked. It seemed like a quick immature reaction, but even then he was back on in a few days, so it was all good.
Lol, did he ever state that was the sole reason for closing momentarily? I remember everyone was like "o..k..." when it happened. I remember comparing it to a kid being forced to share something, so instead he just drops everything and runs in a corner crying. :o

Babs Gordon said:
I'm actually enjoying the melee from a spectators perspective. I know better than to join the fray.

you always were wiser than me babs.:o

BOF states that the majority of news is rumors and thats it. theres nothing to fight about.

I think we've all gotten so used to being in the 'know' to some degree that we forget how this movie and entertainment world we all love so much is about 'entertaining'....and we have no right to demand anything.

Some people like Jett have proven themselves over and over again. Is he the ONLY source for information, rumors or hype? No, not by any means but he has his way of running his site and that's really his call. I enjoy that site and enjoy the hype and suspense he builds with it. I dont expect Jett to be the only guy to know everything in the underground world of batman movie making but he's proven his credibility with me and that's all I can ask for.

Weather he's the one who broke the Joker casting or not makes no difference to me.

Jett is cool in my book. I dont agree with any of the bashing or hatred towards that or ANY site that posts information or simple rumors. Besides, it keeps us talking...buids hype and at the end of the day we have no right to demand anything from anyone. We're internet fans of the bat...we are not in a position to demand anything from anyone. What we get information wise we should be grateful for...whatever it is even if it turns out to be untrue. It keeps us going, builds interest for the next film and I for one think Jett has always been great with this stuff.

Some will prefer one information or hype site to another and that's perfectly normal but judging someone for posting rumors....'credible' rumors or leaked information that we all get to enjoy shouldnt be happening.

Information and hype is about a lot of things INCLUDING information that is constantly changing. Allowing leaked information that is untrue sometimes also serves as a way to test the waters in the fan world...there are lots of reasons behind the scenes that we are just not aware of.
Jett is a great source for all this stuff, as are other places sure but I like BOF and Jett does a fine job.
We should be grateful for having people that the studios or the media trust as a vehicle to the public to inform us.

David

"Will you bite the hand that feeds you......."

Clerk said:
"Will you bite the hand that feeds you......."

GoEnglish_com_NeverBiteTheHandThatFeedsYou.gif

DAVIDYR1 said:
I think we've all gotten so used to being in the 'know' to some degree that we forget how this movie and entertainment world we all love so much is about 'entertaining'....and we have no right to demand anything.

Some people like Jett have proven themselves over and over again. Is he the ONLY source for information, rumors or hype? No, not by any means but he has his way of running his site and that's really his call. I enjoy that site and enjoy the hype and suspense he builds with it. I dont expect Jett to be the only guy to know everything in the underground world of batman movie making but he's proven his credibility with me and that's all I can ask for.

Weather he's the one who broke the Joker casting or not makes no difference to me.

Jett is cool in my book. I dont agree with any of the bashing or hatred towards that or ANY site that posts information or simple rumors. Besides, it keeps us talking...buids hype and at the end of the day we have no right to demand anything from anyone. We're internet fans of the bat...we are not in a position to demand anything from anyone. What we get information wise we should be grateful for...whatever it is even if it turns out to be untrue. It keeps us going, builds interest for the next film and I for one think Jett has always been great with this stuff.

Some will prefer one information or hype site to another and that's perfectly normal but judging someone for posting rumors....'credible' rumors or leaked information that we all get to enjoy shouldnt be happening.

Information and hype is about a lot of things INCLUDING information that is constantly changing. Allowing leaked information that is untrue sometimes also serves as a way to test the waters in the fan world...there are lots of reasons behind the scenes that we are just not aware of.
Jett is a great source for all this stuff, as are other places sure but I like BOF and Jett does a fine job.
We should be grateful for having people that the studios or the media trust as a vehicle to the public to inform us.

David
Couldn´t have said it better myself.:up:

Qui Gon Ducard said:
Ok, getting a bit fed up with people on here knocking BOF, didnt say a word till I read this...http://www.batman-on-film.com/mailbag23_09302006.html and all I can think of is one thing.....Here's the internet...go get yourselves some ' inside sources' and produce your own website. Don't come back with the 'yeah I can do it' crap....do it and prove yourself. Until then shut the feck up. Ok Jett has not been on the ball totaly since he never saw the Ledger casting coming...but who did? and maybe news has been a bit sparce these last few months, but have you seen anything 'big' posted on other sites? Nope? didnt think so. So come on then put up your own site or Shut The Feck Up and get off the guys back. And for those more 'mature' of you (yawn) I'm not Jett or his boyfriend or a warner bros ass lick, just a guy who likes BOF and is totaly fed up with losers who moan yet cannot do better themselves.
son, put the computer down and slowly.back.away. you're taking this far too seriously. in fact, even taking it a little seriously is too much.

just a guy who likes BOF and is totaly fed up with losers who moan yet cannot do better themselves.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out negative things; Jett's website is good at times, but actually, to tell you the truth, I've found out more things about Bat-flicks from Darkhorizons, Ign, and Latinoreview.

I wouldn't say anything against him, but I don't like when he posts a rumor of a possible rumor. That's kind of pointless.

Qui Gon Ducard said:
Ok, getting a bit fed up with people on here knocking BOF... So come on then put up your own site or Shut The Feck Up.
The fallacy here is that one must run a fansite in order to critique it—or say anything about it for that matter—because the unavoidable corollary of this line of reasoning is that a supporter of BOF must likewise be capable of ‘putting up their own site’ otherwise that person lacks the very same expertise needed to judge the competency of BOF that the argument claims is necessary for a complainant to possess in order to critique it.

I myself do not run a fansite… nor do I possess the ability build a car. Does this mean I should not voice my complaint if an auto manufacturer sticks me with a lemon? Of course not.

BOF—as with any other freely published entity in the public sphere—is open to either criticism or support as the respondent sees fit, and one has no less right to critique BOF than another has right to voice support, regardless of the range of expertise either side might possess.

Mysterio said:
son, put the computer down and slowly.back.away. you're taking this far too seriously. in fact, even taking it a little seriously is too much.

ok there maybe a lot more to take than a pinch of salt with your comment but please do not instruct me on how to live my life, i would never do that to you....it's called respecting other people. what i have posted is my opinion.....mine.....maybe not yours....but mine. to me that website is not the be all and end all, but a great source for info on my personal fav superhero, people have bashed the site on here for ages but i couldnt give a rats left nut about it. but what got me was the fact that some complete w****r decided to post a letter stating that most of us put him down on here. i am just standing up for the pepole who like the site and actually understand that most of the stuff on the news page is a RUMOUR not fact. too many people on here see the guy says something and automaticaly decide that it's gospel....and so they get let down when it does not come through.....then they take it out on BOF as they cannot read the disclaimer at the top due to ignorance and laziness....also dont call me son........i bet ya ass im old enough to be your dad.....now here comes the crap of 'oh yeah im like 40 something' when really his mum told him to put away his crayons and get in bed an hour ago!

BatScot said:
The fallacy here is that one must run a fansite in order to critique it—or say anything about it for that matter—because the unavoidable corollary of this line of reasoning is that a supporter of BOF must likewise be capable of ‘putting up their own site’ otherwise that person lacks the very same expertise needed to judge the competency of BOF that the argument claims is necessary for a complainant to possess in order to critique it.

I myself do not run a fansite… nor do I possess the ability build a car. Does this mean I should not voice my complaint if an auto manufacturer sticks me with a lemon? Of course not.

BOF—as with any other freely published entity in the public sphere—is open to either criticism or support as the respondent sees fit, and one has no less right to critique BOF than another has right to voice support, regardless of the range of expertise either side might possess.

best put that in more colloquial langauge as most people on here can't read or understand a disclaimer on a website.....they aint gonna understand what the hell you going on about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"