• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Today's horror movies

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
Do the horror movies that make these days really scare people, or are they mostly made just to freak people out?

They go for the cheap scare these days as well..... All quite then *HUUUU!* violin screech and someone pops on screen. But the thing is as you get older you know its not real. I remember watching Nightmare on Elm street when i was 6 scared the crap outta me, you look at it now and... meh.

I saw a nightmare on elm street when I was 13 (4 years ago) for the first time and I couldn't sleep for weeks! But after I saw "The Ring" I laughed my ass off because it didn't scare me at all. 80's horror movies rock, 2000's horror movies blow (except for the Saw films, Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and sequel, and the hills have eyes remake)

The only movie that is scary is The Exorcist, IMO.

Everything else is not scary to me.
I used to be afraid of Hellraiser, but it ain't scary anymore.

The Grudge?
The Ring?

...please. :whatever:

The Descent was good.

Some Horror films today are just in it for the Gore factor or the name of the film. While other Horror films still use the Horror formula (Script, Character(s), Music, and Direction) and use it well. I mean when was the last time you scared to death while watching a Horror film.

They go for the cheap scare these days as well..... All quite then *HUUUU!* violin screech and someone pops on screen. But the thing is as you get older you know its not real. I remember watching Nightmare on Elm street when i was 6 scared the crap outta me, you look at it now and... meh.

You where also 6 years old:cwink:

imo, horror movies are scarrier when your a kid, and then when you become an adult they become less scary, so movies like Return of the Living Dead become popular because of the slight humor, and brutle violence

imo, horror movies are scarrier when your a kid, and then when you become an adult they become less scary, so movies like Return of the Living Dead become popular because of the slight humor, and brutle violence

Yeah i was 6 :huh:

The only movie that is scary is The Exorcist, IMO.

Everything else is not scary to me.
I used to be afraid of Hellraiser, but it ain't scary anymore.

The Grudge?
The Ring?

...please. :whatever:

the Exorcist isn't that scary.

the Exorcist isn't that scary.

Really so seeing this pic:

Captain_howdy.jpg

Won't scare you?

Silent Hill and the Blair Witch Project are my only personal favorites. The genre is so lame most of the time.

I am a huge horror fan. I love the genre; I love how horror movies have such freedom in the scripting and filming. There is very little you cannot do in a horror movie, however I do find that I never get scared at these movies. Go figure. I wonder if perhaps we as a culture are just desensitized or maybe the movies have gotten so far fetched that they are no longer capable of freaking us out. Who knows? The only thing that really makes me scared now is the evening news

The Exorcist was scary to me because it was based on real events. What made it even more scarier was that it took place in the city I grew up in.

I actually think that horror prospers best in more repressive filmic environments.

There's just something cooler and grimier about late '60s, early '70s midnight movies, compared to today's aesthetic of "Hot teenagers lost in the woods are starting to die... one by one."

I also thought Signs was pretty creepy, even thought it's not really a horror movie.

I think it's all based on what the populous wants really.

I think it's all based on what the populous wants really.

Not really you really think people in Hollywood really care what we want? all about the money these days, that's why your seeing so many remakes of Asian horror "wow it did really well over there, its going to do great here. remake it!" Then they **** it up :)

I like horrors...

Im a big fan of the Saw Trilogy, The Descent, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre films, and almost every other film you can think of.

Horror films are what they are... that means alot of times a weak plot, and not very good acting.

I think this pretty much sums it up perfectly. Everything scares you when you're a kid. When you get a bit older you're desensitized to the violence and it's nothing but entertainment. The only thing that creeps me out these days is that herky jerky walk some of these ghosts do (like in that horror movie with Halle Berry).

The only thing that has really creeped me out in Today's Horror Movies was the reveal shot of Samara's face in The Ring.

I actually think that horror prospers best in more repressive filmic environments.

There's just something cooler and grimier about late '60s, early '70s midnight movies, compared to today's aesthetic of "Hot teenagers lost in the woods are starting to die... one by one."

that's hardly a new idea in horror movies. it's been going on since at least the friday the 13th movies, and probably before that.

I think this pretty much sums it up perfectly. Everything scares you when you're a kid. When you get a bit older you're desensitized to the violence and it's nothing but entertainment. The only thing that creeps me out these days is that herky jerky walk some of these ghosts do (like in that horror movie with Halle Berry).

i hate that stupid walk... it creeps me out everytime.

i cant stand today horror movies, me and my friends had a convo about this today. we all agreed todays horror blows, its so repetitive.

we love all the classics like the original dawn of the dea day of the dead movies, serpent in the rainbow **** like that. its soo much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"