• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Today's horror movies

Today's horror movies are too predictable...I could tell what gonna happen seing the the movie the first time.....without any trailer....and without any knowledge of the movie......The descent was a great though......

the american horror films today are all the same, it's ridiculous. the music gives the scary parts away. and you can never kill the killer. ( the saw movies don't count in my opinion, they are more like suspense thrillers). the characters are all predictable, no one fights back except the hero.

the only american horror films i've really liked so far were silent hill and the hills have eyes.

movies like high tension and the descent were awesome, because they were so unpredictable, and the characters seemed realistic, and fought back. they have storylines.

There's definately not much innovation going on in today's horror films. Let's face it there's not going to be many Aliens, The Thing, Halloween, Phantasm, Nightmare on Elm Streets, Evil Dead, etc. But let's not forget that all the directors who brought us those films couldn't even manage to come out with one scarey film since. If the so called "masters" of horror can't even come up with anything good what chance does the next schmoe have?

Today's horror movies are too predictable...I could tell what gonna happen seing the the movie the first time.....without any trailer....and without any knowledge of the movie......The descent was a great though......

Yeah, and the fact that most American horror movies today are crappy sequels or remakes just make them even more predictable

Really so seeing this pic:

Captain_howdy.jpg

Won't scare you?
LOL! You're joking right? It looks like someone playing a game of Atmosfear...

12582.jpg

I'm not much of a horror fan, so I don't watch many, but the trailers make me think they're mostly about the gore factor.

I'll agree todays horror movies are just sad. Either they are just remakes of older movies or remakes of asian horror. Add that on top of throwing 3-5 horror movies a year,that are similar then it even waters down the genre even more.
Some of the better horror movies come from overseas(decent/high tension),only a few original movies here that are any good;saw/silent hill,pitch black.
It just seems when one studio puts one out,then another one comes out,then another,please stop.
I just think all the good ones have been done already: halloween,nightmare on elm street,friday the 13th,exorcist,poltergeist(consider this horror I guess,mayb more suspence than anything i think).

I am a huge fan of horror films from the 70's and 80's period of cinema. Very few horror films nowadays really don't scare me all that often. The films that have scared me recently and that I found to be good/great was The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Texas Chainsaw Massacre(Remake), Saw, and Final Destination.

Final Destination was scary in sense that it seemed too realistic and it made you think about that extra step into the bathroom, driving on the highway, or simply just hanging out in your room in front of a computer. It was little things in that film that made me paranoid as hell.

The Saw films are really good, I love how they make the audience think and are not full of cheap false scares. The visuals and concepts alone are enough to make the audience feel uncomfortable.

Films like The Omen, The Amityville Horror, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Halloween, Poltergeist, Duel, Black Christmas(Original), The Exorcist, The Hils Have Eyes, Last House on the Left, Misery, Audition, Phantasm, When A Stranger Calls, and etc, etc.... are classic horror films that can never have their atmosphere or the concepts recreated in an original sense.

Horror films then utilized the concept of what you don't see is scarier than what you do see.

modern "horror" films are such trash, and far too pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"