Tom and Jerry returning to the big screen....... IN LIVE ACTION/CGI movie!

STOP CGI-ING MY CARTOONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneone

it's weird how Warner Bros would pursue this when they already have the sadly underused Looney Tunes.
As long as they keep it like "Space Jam" or "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" (I thought LT:BIA was good) I'll be happy.
I had an idea for a (live action) Looney Tunes film that had Bugs and Daffy kidnapped by an old black and white cartoon character, 'cos he was bitter about the success of colour and the popularity of Bugs and Daffy.. and then it was up to the 2nd tier characters like Wyle E, Foghorn etc, with help from a human character ('cos it's live action so it's go to have one) to save them..

I don't think a 2nd tier like Coyote or Leghorn could support a movie. Maybe just have Bugs get captured then have Daffy, the human & another Looney Tune (I'm thinking Tweety & maybe Sylvester) save Bugs.

Back to this, if they keep Tom & Jerry silent then have Spike (the dog) talk it'd have a chance of being good.

Alvin and the Chipmunks was tolerable because of the humor and the quality of CG, but Garfield was terrible-- all versions of it. i couldnt stand Scooby Doo either, now they're doing this to Tom and Jerry? :( if they make it all CG like Toy Story that will work, but if they're gonna go with mixed CG and live action it always exudes the feel that the main characters arent real, specially we know what a real cat and a real mouse looks like.

If only they could make it true to the source material, then that would be one wacked out movie but there's nothing to worry about because not many movies are ever true to the original source material. It won't be so over the top & violent as the cartoon, but they will probably take the antics between Tom & Jerry that could work in a live action setting & go from there. When humans aren't around/out of site or asleep they will probably have them talking, singing, dancing & or eating etc.

What was the dog's name that Jerry alway's ran to in the cartoon & he took care of Jerry & sometimes beat up on Tom, was it Brutus or something like that? I hope they include him in the movie.

the dog's name was spike there was a comic book spin off by gold key about himand his son tyke called SPIKE AND TYKE

If they do have them talking, then I would like it to be like in Ratatoullie, where they can talk to each other but when it shifts to a humans pov, it just looks like a mouse squeaking and a cat meaowing..

how about making them actually cartoon characters like Roger Rabbit?

If they do have them talking, then I would like it to be like in Ratatoullie, where they can talk to each other but when it shifts to a humans pov, it just looks like a mouse squeaking and a cat meaowing..
'
Nah, Tom & Jerry shouldn't talk at all.

how about making them actually cartoon characters like Roger Rabbit?

That seems to only work when the characters know they're cartoon/ are actors.

Next is Snagglepuss Live action...... Exit stage left!

A Snagglepuss movie could have a lot of potential as the first openly gay cartoon character to get his own film. It could be the Brokeback Mountain of live action/CGI movies!

As long as they keep it like "Space Jam" or "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" (I thought LT:BIA was good) I'll be happy.

I don't think a 2nd tier like Coyote or Leghorn could support a movie. Maybe just have Bugs get captured then have Daffy, the human & another Looney Tune (I'm thinking Tweety & maybe Sylvester) save Bugs.

Back to this, if they keep Tom & Jerry silent then have Spike (the dog) talk it'd have a chance of being good.

I like this idea.

Anyone always get tired of Bugs doing everything and making everyone else look like idiots?

Yeah, especially since Daffy's way better than Bugs.

Reactions: CJ
there should be no live action in a tom and jerry movie . it's not necessary . why not just go the way of rattatoiue or something

Warners and Warner Animation Group are in negotiations with “Shaft” helmer Tim Story to direct the new “Tom and Jerry” hybrid live-action pic.

“Tom and Jerry” is expected to be the first live-action hybrid to shoot in 2019 and insiders say that good timing helped when it came to landing the “Ride Along” director, who had worked in animation. Story recently finished production on New Line’s “Shaft” reboot, and was talking to WB execs about what he was interested in doing next. When the classic cartoon property was brought up, Story immediately mentioned his admiration for the characters and how he’d love tackling that property.

For that film, the plan is to shoot in the real world with animated versions of the familiar cat and mouse duo. Sources also say that since Tom and Jerry didn’t speak and relied on physical comedy to draw laughs, this version will stick to that style and not cast actors to voice the duo. That decision should also help add to the international appeal of the film.

No offense to him, but when did Tim Story become "top talent"?

I'm not one to knock another brother's hustle, but LEAVE TOM & JERRY ALONE.

This is doing the most.

Animal cruelty movie...:o
You mean cat cruelty. :o

I will never forget that Three Musketeers-inspired episode that ended with Tom getting beheaded on the guillotine. What the hell was that about?

Never forget :

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"