The Flash Tom Cavanaugh IS Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash - Part 1

I'm actually enjoying Cavanagh as Wells now more than ever, so I've no real desire to see him as Eobard again, tbh. I would be nice to see Matt Letscher have a sustained run (no pun intended) as RF.

I'm actually enjoying Cavanagh as Wells now more than ever, so I've no real desire to see him as Eobard again, tbh. I would be nice to see Matt Letscher have a sustained run (no pun intended) as RF.

Didn't the producers hint that when we see Reverse Flash again it'll probably be Letscher?

Agreed, Wells needs to be good from now on and Letcher should be RF if he is to return.

Maybe there could be an Earth 2 version of Eobard who never possessed the body of Harrison Wells (obviously) and looks just like Letscher. Whether or not he's evil is another matter though, but I hope he is still a villain. Maybe he's Zoom?

Do Barry and Team Flash even know what Eobard really looks like?

Hi there!

Didn't watch the new season so far and don't want to be spoiled too much.
But there's one thing I need to know as I've read that Wells is back.
In Season 1 Wells was killed by Eobard Thawn/Reverse Flash who then took his appearance.
And Eobard Thawn/Reverse Flash said, that he had to create that particle accelerator about 10 years earlier than Wells originally did.

Now there is Earth-2 Harrison Wells coming in a yellow Reverse Flash suit. But how does he connect to this?
Would Earth-1 Wells have ever become the Reverse Flash, too, when Eobard Thawn never showed up from the future?
I really don't get their connection...

So literally in Season 1 Barry West and (the real) Harrison Wells never met personally (because it has always been Eobard looking like Harrison).
Why does he (Earth2 Wells) show up now and how does he know, who Barry's alter ego is?

What I couldn't get my head around [and it stil grates me, tbh] was when Team Flash seemingly punished Earth 2 Wells [automatically assuming he's a bad guy/not trusting him etc] for the sins of Earth 1 Wells, even though they know it wasn't actually Earth 1 Wells who was RF but Eobard wearing Earth 1 Wells' face and they know that Earth 1 Wells was actually a nice guy.

All that 'he's got the same face as the guy who killed my mom - I'm doing everything I can to restrain myself from killing him ' stuff doesn't wash with me - Barry, you KNOW that the real owner of that face didn't kill your mom. Hell, RF killed your mom BEFORE he even took Wells' form.

Hi there!

Didn't watch the new season so far and don't want to be spoiled too much.
But there's one thing I need to know as I've read that Wells is back.
In Season 1 Wells was killed by Eobard Thawn/Reverse Flash who then took his appearance.
And Eobard Thawn/Reverse Flash said, that he had to create that particle accelerator about 10 years earlier than Wells originally did.

Now there is Earth-2 Harrison Wells coming in a yellow Reverse Flash suit. But how does he connect to this?
Would Earth-1 Wells have ever become the Reverse Flash, too, when Eobard Thawn never showed up from the future?
I really don't get their connection...

So literally in Season 1 Barry West and (the real) Harrison Wells never met personally (because it has always been Eobard looking like Harrison).
Why does he (Earth2 Wells) show up now and how does he know, who Barry's alter ego is?

What are you talking about? Earth 2 Wells didn't come in a yellow Reverse Flash suit. :huh:

He only dressed up in one last week for a particular purpose.

If you haven't seen the season so far, then you're really just making uninformed comments based on bits and pieces from trailers, which obviously won't make sense to you.

What are you talking about? Earth 2 Wells didn't come in a yellow Reverse Flash suit. :huh:

He only dressed up in one last week for a particular purpose..

And this was the picture I was referring to. Pretty obvious what I'm talking about then, don't you think... ;)

But your answer was already a good answer. So he just dressed up as the Reverse Flash for a certain purpose and didn't show up as Reverse Flash.
K thx! This is all I wanted to know. :)

If you haven't seen the season so far, then you're really just making uninformed comments based on bits and pieces from trailers, which obviously won't make sense to you.

Uninformed comments?
Ever heard of the term "question"? :woot:

And this was the picture I was referring to. Pretty obvious what I'm talking about then, don't you think... ;)

But your answer was already a good answer. So he just dressed up as the Reverse Flash for a certain purpose and didn't show up as Reverse Flash.
K thx! This is all I wanted to know. :)

Uninformed comments?
Ever heard of the term "question"? :woot:

That was not Earth 2 Wells's first appearance in this season. Hence why I said he did not show up as RF. He had already arrived on Earth 1 several episodes ago, and not dressed in that costume. He only wore that costume for the first time last episode for that particular purpose, which if you haven't seen it, I'm not going to spoil.

So it's not pretty obvious, because you said you've heard he's back and coming in a yellow RF Flash suit, and so your post sounds like you think the last episode was the first time he had come back and dressed like that on his arrival, or that you thought the RF picture was from the start of the season showing the very first time Team Flash encountered him. And that's why, if you haven't watched this season yet, you're piecing together various bits of information in an uninformed way, because it's like watching a film trailer and then forming a narrative based on that.

Y'know, I've only just noticed Tom's surname in the thread title; pretty sure there's not supposed to be a 'u' in there.

Tom is by far my favorite thing about this show, and there's a ton that I like about it. Such a great choice for the role.

Interesting ... so he will be in the second episode back from the break. I wonder if it's related to Legends and time travel.

Yes!!! Really looking forward to Letscher getting a run in the RF costume - hopefully going up against Harry as that visual would be too good to pass up.

Hmm, I wonder how they're pulling it off. Some mix of time and dimensional travel. Pumped to see Matt returning either way!

Not Cavanagh related, but it is Reverse-Flash related.

The Flash: Matt Letscher returning as Reverse-Flash

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/2...mment_id=sp_n0ORkeDU_article$2421203_c_wTILmL

Matt Letscher is set to return as Eobard Thawne in episode 2-11 titled "The Reverse-Flash Returns"

OMG!!! Earth 2 Thawne?

I actually had an idea for something they could do with another Earth, you know Barry saw himself in jail. Maybe that's from say Earth 3 and on that world Barry's Dad is the Flash and Thawne aka The Reverse Flash exists in that world too.

Hmm, I wonder how they're pulling it off. Some mix of time and dimensional travel. Pumped to see Matt returning either way!

or maybe someone screws up really bad in the first episodes of legends of tomorrow...

I am looking at you, mick...

or maybe someone screws up really bad in the first episodes of legends of tomorrow...

I am looking at you, mick...

Oooh I like that idea.

Something to also consider, remember they say that the timeline always finds a way to correct itself? What if Thawne does still somehow exist in the future

OMG!!! Earth 2 Thawne?

I actually had an idea for something they could do with another Earth, you know Barry saw himself in jail. Maybe that's from say Earth 3 and on that world Barry's Dad is the Flash and Thawne aka The Reverse Flash exists in that world too.

My guesses:

1) Earth 2 Thawne (Reverse Flash version of Jay's costume????).
2) Weird time paradox thingy allowing the original Earth-1 Eobard to survive.
3) Earth-1 born Descendant of a relocated Earth-2 Eddie.

Oooh I like that idea.

Something to also consider, remember they say that the timeline always finds a way to correct itself? What if Thawne does still somehow exist in the future

well, they DID say that barry would travel to not just the past, but also the future in this season...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"