The Flash Tom Cavanaugh IS Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash - Part 1

Thank you that makes everything make so much more sense now.

Of course, Eobard never existed after Eddie's suicide - but given the laissez faire approach to time travel that the writers seem to be taking, I'm sure we'll see him again soon.

Even if he had died in the season 1 finale (e.g. if Eddie had shot Eobard, instead of himself) that would have left room for him to return, as subjectively the Flash's future is RF's past.

Looking forward to October 8th. Cheers

I honestly didn't know that Cavanagh was Canadian ! That makes him even cooler (although I'm biased, being from Canada originally myself).

Looking forward to seeing him back for season 2 of Flash !

I thought I was hearing a bit of an accent even during his Ed years. :D

Is the reverse flash going to be in the show? For season 2.

Tom Cavanagh is still a series regular.

Zoom, the second Reverse-Flash from the comics is the villain this year.

Tom Cavanagh is still a series regular.

Zoom, the second Reverse-Flash from the comics is the villain this year.

Neither of those answers his question, and Tom is playing Harrison Wells of Earth 2.

The OP is talking about the original reverse flash, the one that got erased....Thawne.

He did at least appear in a video in the first episode season 2, recorded prior to his death.

Although he is dead, I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Cavanagh not only plays E2 Harrison Wells in Season 2, but appears as Thawne again in Flashback/Dream/Hallucination. Though that's just speculation on my part because of his popularity playing that evil role.

But to answer your question OP.......the Reverse Flash is not going to appear as someone who is still alive in Season 2.

I think it's safe to say Eobard is on the bench this season, at least for most of it, wouldn't be surprised to see him again in future seasons though with Letscher playing the role.

It appears the comics now have adapted the look of Reverse Flash from the tv series.

latest

So if Harrison Wells (and in that identity, not Eobard Thawne) has confessed to the murder of Nora Allen, then this raises several questions:

How, in the police's minds, has he managed to escape without a trace or leaving any evidence of himself?

Do the police or Central City know that Wells was the Reverse Flash? Do they even know of the existence of the RF?

If the alternate Wells is going to star in this season, how is he going to walk about freely when he'll be a wanted man?

Where do the police think Wells is at the moment?

Why didn't Thawne confess to the murder of Wells as well?

Don't the police wonder where Barry suddenly got this piece of evidence from to clear his father's name?

So if Harrison Wells (and in that identity, not Eobard Thawne) has confessed to the murder of Nora Allen, then this raises several questions:

How, in the police's minds, has he managed to escape without a trace or leaving any evidence of himself?

If he is able to describe exactly what happened and it matches up with the crime scene they don't need evidence

Do the police or Central City know that Wells was the Reverse Flash? Do they even know of the existence of the RF?

I don't think so.

If the alternate Wells is going to star in this season, how is he going to walk about freely when he'll be a wanted man?

Not sure

Where do the police think Wells is at the moment?

They could still be looking for him. They could think he's on the run.

Why didn't Thawne confess to the murder of Wells as well?

The minute he mentions time travel and stealing someone else body they'd think he was a crack pot.

Don't the police wonder where Barry suddenly got this piece of evidence from to clear his father's name?

It should be public knowledge that Barry was helped by Wells so there is evidence of a relationship.

Didn't Lance and Joe find Dr. Wells body during season 1? That surely absolves him of any involvement in Nora's murder.

Didn't Lance and Joe find Dr. Wells body during season 1? That surely absolves him of any involvement in Nora's murder.

Joe told Lance not to tell anyone...so not sure if they dragged out the body after Wells admitted he killed her

Joe told Lance not to tell anyone...so not sure if they dragged out the body after Wells admitted he killed her

Yeah, I started to think that if Joe was able to remove the body from Starling without going through the proper channels, would the body become inadmissible evidence

Hehe boy did I have a big grin tonight
Yeah, not expecting that at all. I was thinking maybe Jay or Earth-2 Barry.

So, what do you guys think? Earth-2 Wells? Earth-1 Wells somehow stuck on Earth-2? Eobard Thawne again? Please don't let Wells be Zoom. That would be extremely disappointing.

So, what do you guys think? Earth-2 Wells? Earth-1 Wells somehow stuck on Earth-2? Eobard Thawne again? Please don't let Wells be Zoom. That would be extremely disappointing.

Wells will almost certainly not be Zoom, you don't have to worry about that.

I think the possibilities are endless right now with them introducing the multiverse. I hope this is the good wells that never got taken over by thawne but you never know with the writers.

So this Zoom is not based on "Professor Zoom/The Reverse Flash"?

So Zoom implies to who or what?

We don't know for certain yet in the context of the show. In the comics Zoom's real name is Hunter Zolomon, a former profiler with the CCPD and a former ally of Wally West's, he gains his powers in an accident that occurs during an attempt by him to regain use of his legs, the accident also slowly drives him insane until he snaps and becomes Zoom.

Trouble I had was when I searched "Zoom", most results I got were "Professor Zoom".

But I read that this reverse-Flash...Hunter Zolomon/Zoom (Hmm they really shouldn't have called him Zoom not to get confused with Prof. Zoom/RF) believing Wally West could become a better hero, Zolomon would go back in time and cause a tragedy in Wally's life.

I'm so confused. I know who Wally is though.

Trouble I had was when I searched "Zoom", most results I got were "Professor Zoom".

But I read that this reverse-Flash...Hunter Zolomon/Zoom (Hmm they really shouldn't have called him Zoom not to get confused with Prof. Zoom/RF) believing Wally West could become a better hero, Zolomon would go back in time and cause a tragedy in Wally's life.

I'm so confused. I know who Wally is though.

I get the impression this season's Zoom is an original take on the character and using the name only, his motivations thus far we've been led to believe are entirely different, and we have yet to see if they'll use the name Hunter Zolomon. Just completely disconnect Reverse Flash and the name Zoom.

If you ignore all the comic book lore and just think about this episode alone with the introduction of doppelgängers and whatnot, you'd think Zoom was an alternate version of Patty Spivot. :p E-1 wants to take down all the bad guys, Zoom wants to take down all speedsters, there's a simualarity there somewhere! ;)

Welcome back Wells, I am very curious to see Earth 2 version of Harrison Wells story. Seems he the saviour of the city in that universe against the metahumans based on the tour guide's account.

I wonder if Jay Garrick's speedster villain The Rival (Edward Clariss) will show up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"